Viewing 34 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Dallas Cowboys meet with free agent Davin JosephBy Josh Sanchez - Apr 16th, 2014 at 4:33 pm davin-joseph-nfl-tampa-bay-buccaneers-detroit-lions_zpsa3035a67.jpgNov 24, 2013; Detroit, MITampa Bay Buccaneers guard Davin Joseph (75) against the Detroit Lions at Ford Field. Andrew Weber-USA TODAY SportsDue to the team’s limited salary cap space, the Dallas Cowboys have been watching free agency without making any big signings. They have been able to bring in a few mid-tier players, but they haven’t been chasing any of the more expensive players. Now that the market has died down, the Cowboys may be interested in buying low and taking a risk on former Pro Bowl guard Davin Joseph. According to Todd Archer of ESPN Dallas, the Cowboys brought Joseph in for a visit recently. Joseph is a long way from the player he was when he received two Pro Bowl nods, after struggling to perform in 2013 after missing the previous season due to a knee injury. While Joseph is not the impressive offensive lineman that he once was, he could provide some solid depth for the Cowboys in the trenches and potentially challenge Mackenzy Bernadeau and Ronald Leary for one of the two starting spots. At the very least, the opportunity in Dallas would give him a chance to show he still has some tread left on the tires. The Cowboys also met with former Cardinals wide receiver LaRon Byrd.http://fansided.com/2014/04/16/dallas-cowboys-davin-joseph-visit/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Around%20the%20Network#!EvXVU

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs may end up bring Davin back for cheap if they still have a need at guard after the draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hope he finds a place to play. Davin was a good guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did you wish Ruud good luck in his post Buc career?  He was a good guy too!  Probably not. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Someone will take a chance on the cheap.  He will get an opportunity to prove he can still play.  I just dont think he will be able to do that.  If you cant outperform a rookie making a fraction of what you do…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The fact he’s still there shows how god awful his film is ….Good lineman don't linger on the open market.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The guys blows more than a truck stop crack whore

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The guys blows more than a truck stop crack whore

ha ha ha

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ROAD GRADER!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The fact he's still there shows how god awful his film is ....Good lineman don't linger on the open market.

He's being signed in the Freeman period when people are signing what they view as basically worthless

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Has he been signed? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Part of the infamous Great Wall. He was a good guy, but I don’t want him back here. Not even on the cheap.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I definitely hope he rebounds and becomes a productive player. Great guy, did a lot in the community.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Probably the most overrated Buccaneer ever considering he still has a good number of fans that think if not for the injury he was a good player. He needs to thank Dominik and mow his yard for throwing big money at him in 2011.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Probably the most overrated Buccaneer ever considering he still has a good number of fans that think if not for the injury he was a good player. He needs to thank Dominik and mow his yard for throwing big money at him in 2011.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And his buddy Trueblood should wash both their cars. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And his buddy Trueblood should wash both their cars.

That would not suffice, probably a blow job would.What sort of a moron GM would hold on to a bad player because his buddy who is mediocre at best, threatened him of not signing with the team? Dominik = worst GM in Buccaneer historyBruce Allen was Gruden's yes man and an accountant, so he is automatically better than Dominik despite several draft fuck ups.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I personally don’t put too much into the theory the Bucs had to re-sign Trueblood in order to keep Joseph. PR has reported that Greg Olson loved Trueblood and also that Dominikp retty much just signed the players the coaches wanted to keep, so that’s probably all it was.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who’da thunk Freeman would get signed before Joseph…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs may end up bring Davin back for cheap if they still have a need at guard after the draft.

would be nice...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would be nice for Joseph, not so much for the Bucs tho.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

See, the simpletons still want him even though no team in the NFL does. 

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

Best of luck to Davin. Even though he didn’t really live up to the hype I don’t see people still have to continue to sh!t on him once he’s gone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did you wish Ruud good luck in his post Buc career?  He was a good guy too!  Probably not.

No, but I never met Ruud in person and he wasn't my next door neighbor for +5 years. Again, you don't know what you are talking about and still are not funny.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Best of luck to Davin. Even though he didn't really live up to the hype I don't see people still have to continue to sh!t on him once he's gone.

Not living up to the hype is something like Barron where you could not exactly call him a bad player, but he is nowhere close to justifying a top 10 pick investment either. Joseph on the other hand was a bad player and has been bad since the beginning of Morris era. No I am not calling him an average player, I am calling him a bad player equivalent to O'Neal Cousins, the bum we just picked off the street.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Plus one

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, but I never met Ruud in person and he wasn't my next door neighbor for +5 years. Again, you don't know what you are talking about and still are not funny.....

Lol get'em

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We'd have to put Chace on suicide watch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good thing it won’t come to that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can't see a scenario where Davin is back. The dude just deteriorated. I don't know if it was the injuries,or something else, but he may have played his last NFL game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can't see a scenario where Davin is back. The dude just deteriorated. I don't know if it was the injuries,or something else, but he may have played his last NFL game.

It's probably mostly coincidence, but his play dipped dramatically once Gruden was gone....that's around the time we started to see his play deteriorate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's probably mostly coincidence, but his play dipped dramatically once Gruden was gone....that's around the time we started to see his play deteriorate.

It could be a lot of things. Sometimes a player gets a few bucks in his pocket, and he couldn't care less about football any more. It happens.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It could be a lot of things. Sometimes a player gets a few bucks in his pocket, and he couldn't care less about football any more. It happens.

Everyone says Davin is as good a dude as you could want to meet. I've questioned his play for years, but I'd never accuse him of cashing it in. Besides, he didn't even get his contract extension until 2011.

Please wait…

• BConnell88

Participant

It’s kinda funny how Davin was a beast until Gruden left. Coincidence or not? I say not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's kinda funny how Davin was a beast until Gruden left. Coincidence or not? I say not.

When all the passing was dink and dunk, the o-linemen didn't have to contain that long.

Please wait…

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.