Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 11 reply threads

• Author

• ronald macdonald

Participant

CBs, RBs, NTs, OGs can be found later in the Draft. Rounds 2, 3, and 4. The top 5 in round 1 is for QBs, Edge Rushers, and generational prospects (Saquon Barkley, Quentin Nelson, Jamal Adams). Clelin Ferrell should be #1 on our board.

Granted we don’t know what will happen in free agency, but barring a blockbuster trade, we will still have a huge need for a DE come draft day. JPP is long in the tooth, and Nassib is less batman, more Robin.

I will go on record now in saying that Ferrell is not only better than Bosa, he may be the best player in this draft. If we get him at 5, it’s a steal. This guy is going to be the clean version of Aldon Smith, he even said so himself in a recent interview.

Easily one of the most complete prospects in the draft, Ferrell has a relentless motor, elite speed, athleticism and strength. Size is great – 6’4 265. Production is fantastic, 21 sacks in the last 2 seasons.

What I love is that he chose to stay in school last year despite being tagged as a top 10 prospect a year ago. Not only did he have a stellar season, he accomplished the ultimate goal as Clemson won a national championship this month. Shows that the kid truly loves the game and isn’t just looking for a cash grab. Great character. Humble guy.

Working with JPP will be a massive benefit. High potential for double digit sacks right out of the gate, he certainly isn’t some developmental project like a Marcus Davenport, this kid is ready to ‘wreak havok’.

Watch out for the Raiders though, I have a sneaking suspicion they may draft him at 4. Afterall, how can Gruden not have flashbacks of Simeon Rice with this guy?

• nybuccguy

Participant

I dont see it. Hes a very average pass rusher and benefited from playing next to elite talent. He will be a good LDE, not the kind of guy you take top 5.

• jerseybucsfan

Participant

Ok NY then who do you take?

• nybuccguy

Participant

Id take Bosa, Allen, Polite, Oliver, Q Williams, and Greedy Williams ahead of Ferrell.

• scoooo

Participant

No.  Ferrell is not elite, he’s a notch below.

• Graham

Participant

I agree we need an instant impact defensive player, and preferably one on the EDGE, with that 1st pick. I’ll let the combine shake out who that should be.

• JC5100

Participant

I think he’s the safest player though. He doesn’t have the ceiling like the other guys but he’s going to have a very good 10+ year career. Wouldn’t mind him at all.

• Pepsi

Participant

Ferrell is a trade back candidate but not top 10 for us. As other have stated, very high floor but not an elite looking ceiling as compared to other prospects in this draft. If Ferrell was here, does he even start over Carl Nassib? I’m not sure he does.  Just doing a real quick count off top my head i can think of 20 guys who would start for us(assuming mccoy is gone) day one from this drafts projected first 2 rounds and im not sure Ferrell is one of them

• blind melon

Participant

Not at 5.

If we stick at 5, I say Q. Williams (DL3T) or D. White(LB). Truly Elite players

Trade Back – C. Ferrell(DE), G. Williams(CB), J. Wililams(OT) or E. Oliver(DL)

• Bootz2004

Blocked

I dont see it. Hes a very average pass rusher and benefited from playing next to elite talent. He will be a good LDE, not the kind of guy you take top 5.

This is complete fiction. What elite talent did he play next to? Ask any draft expert, fan, person with eyes who watched Clemson play. Ferrell WAS the closest thing to elite on that defense. That’s why he’s the ONLY one slated to go top 10.

Also this idea that college athletes are “elite” is a fallacy. What’s a bigger fallacy is believing it actually means something coming to the NFL level.

• Bootz2004

Blocked

Ferrell would be an excellent pickup at any point in the draft. His floor is higher than most prospects ceilings will be and he has room to improve, which makes his upside high as well. His play strength, hand usage and pass rush repertoire all improved this past season. His stock is definitely on the rise.

• BucsBay

Participant

I think we all make mistakes evaluating when we forget football is a craft. Guys like Bosa, Allen, Q Williams and Ferrell are all way ahead of the rest of the class as far as proving there technique in big time games. You can bet on a guy with more physical talent to figure it out with good coaching, but you’ll often lose. This is a really good and deep class for DLineman though.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.