Viewing 16 reply threads

• Author

• turkey

Participant

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8404/deandre-hopkinsThis could be good for business.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopkins Misses Wednesday’s PracticeWednesday, Sept. 23The Houston Chronicle's John McClain confirmed Hopkins' injury but was unable to provide any timeline for his potential return. The 23-year-old will now need to follow the league's concussion protocol in order to get back on the field.Hopkins had a breakout year in his second season in 2014, catching 76 passes for 1,210 yards. He became the Texans' top target, outgaining star wide receiver Andre Johnson in the process. Though he's not the biggest, Hopkins (6'1", 214 lbs) has been steadily consistent in his first two seasons in the NFL. In his rookie season, he averaged 15.4 yards per reception, and last season he was at 15.9. He recorded 100 yards or more in four games last year, a number that should increase with more plays coming his way once he's healthy.    Now that Johnson has made his way to Indianapolis, Hopkins is the leading man at Reliant Stadium, and his injury does not come at the most opportune time. Newly acquired Cecil Shorts III will assume top wide receiver duties while Hopkins recovers. Spending the first four years of his career with the Jaguars in Jacksonville, Shorts has seen his numbers drop from 979 yards in 2012 to 557 in 2014.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thx, Jive…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Update from PFT:There was no indication after Sunday’s loss to the Panthers that anything was wrong with Texans wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins.But on Wednesday, he was not on the practice field.According to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle, Hopkins was held out because of a concussion.There was no word when said concussion occurred, but his absence would leave a thin team even thinner when it comes to offensive firepower.Coach Bill O’Brien said running back Arian Foster was unlikely to play this week as he comes back from groin surgery.That’s going to make it hard for Ryan Mallett (or any quarterback) to cobble together an offense, as the Texans have been beset by injuries up front as well.Left tackle Duane Brown (thumb) was also held out of practice Wednesday, and his absence has caused them to shuffle multiple positions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow, if we catch them without Foster, Hopkins and Brown (one of the best LT’s in the NFL), there is no excuse for our defense not to ball the hell out.If Hopkins doesn't play, Cecil Shorts becomes the #1 receiver with Ryan Mallett throwing the ball. Lovie has gotta be thinking about blitzing an awful lot on Sunday...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he clears, I wouldn’t mind DJ Swearinger drilling him back into protocol. Former team, so you know he’s going to be hyped up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We can’t let Houston’s running game get going. It’s looking a lot like their offensive line is really struggling to make running lanes and we have to continue to shutdown the run. Mallet appears to be a bit more mobile than Hoyer is (or better at throwing away the football) as he was only sacked twice in 57 passes last week. For the season, Houston’s offensive line has given up 6 sacks.Big problem for us, we've been penalized 23 times to Houston's 16. We HAVE to get penalties under control on Sunday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Hopkins doesn't play, Cecil Shorts becomes the #1 receiver with Ryan Mallett throwing the ball. Lovie has gotta be thinking about blitzing an awful lot on Sunday...

I wouldn't. I'd let my front four feast on a damaged OLine and put 7 in coverage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Hopkins doesn't play, Cecil Shorts becomes the #1 receiver with Ryan Mallett throwing the ball. Lovie has gotta be thinking about blitzing an awful lot on Sunday...

I wouldn't. I'd let my front four feast on a damaged OLine and put 7 in coverage.

A few reasons why I would want to blitz a lot on Sunday:1. IIRC, Mallett is a statue and struggles under pressure. I think we can get a lot of sacks and force him into making mistakes with blitzes.2. The Texans o-line has no continunity. We should make things as hard as possible for these guys and throw different blitz packages at them. This will cause confusion on their line and lead to free pass rushers for us.3. If Hopkins doesn't play, do we really need to be consistently dropping back 7 to covering receivers that are no better than Cecil Shorts? The Texans don't really have anyone behind Hopkins and I trust our secondary in covering their receivers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Best Sig Ever, Bucs N Beers!!!#reflective3too

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, well, our defense makes backup QBs look like HOFers. Gotta change that moving forward.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, well, our defense makes backup QBs look like HOFers. Gotta change that moving forward.

Yes, this would be a move in the right direction for sure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Drop 7 and let him force the ball. He doesn’t have the patience to dink and dunk it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks man. I actually said "wow, the number actually looks cool for once" haha.I still don't really get it. For a team that plays 95% of their games in the sunshine at 1pm - why have reflective numbers? But oh well....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It didn't used to be that way with the Bucs defense under Dungy. The defense needs to treat Mallet as if he was Tom Brady and keep him under control. At this point, we can hardly consider ANY quarterback as 'easy'.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks man. I actually said "wow, the number actually looks cool for once" haha.I still don't really get it. For a team that plays 95% of their games in the sunshine at 1pm - why have reflective numbers? But oh well....

Where did you find that pic? Website?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where did you find that pic? Website?

http://www.buccaneers.com/photos/photo-gallery/Behind-The-Scenes-Buccaneers-at-Saints/4b363654-22af-43ce-8be8-449b6458d01b

Please wait…

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.