Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 11 reply threads

• Author

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Obviously it’s hard to repeat as champs because everyone will have the bulls eye on your chest and bring their A game against you. Lets take a look at the schedule:

Home- New Orleans, Carolina, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, NY Giants, Miami, Buffalo,

Away- New Orleans, Carolina, Atlanta, LA Rams, Washington, Philadelphia, NY Jets, New England

Obviously New Orelans will be tough with or without Brees. I think Brees comes back one more year to try to win it all. If not, Jameis knows our defense and with the Bucs luck prior to 2020, he could very well throw a bunch of picks to any team except ours. We also face Chicago at home and the Rams in LA. Both of their defenses game Tom Brady fits last season. So did the Giants and the Redskins. Additionally, we’ve got Miami and Buffalo on the schedule, two teams with wins in double figures. Buffalo is going to be formidable and Miami is a young, hungry team on the rise. Lastly, a road trip to New England, and I’ll bet the crowd will cheer for Tom Brady. But they get good QB play, they can hang with anyone.

• jcaulfield8

Participant

Winston sucks…. he sucks, don’t you understand that

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

He doesn’t suck, he’s just inconsistent. He’s not a QB who can lead your team to a Super Bowl because he’ll look like an All Pro on one drive, then the next he’ll throw a pick that will leave you scratching your head.

But with the Bucs luck before the 8 game win streak, he will have the best games of his career against the Bucs. Gut feeling says so.

• kingtrojan

Participant

As of today there is really only two tough games the Rams and Bills, the Saints are in such cap hell they will look drastically different come opening day

• buc-in-out

Participant

I was going to say, our schedule last season was MUCH tougher. You could argue that the NFC East and AFC East are the two weakest divisions in football right now.

Who are the toughest QBs we’re going to face? Josh Allen would be #1, and Matthew Stafford #2? Possibly Dak if he’s back? Matt Ryan?

Brian Flores has the Dolphins playing well but I’m not scared of Tua. The Jets will be starting either Darnold or a rookie, not scared of him. The Pats are going to find a patch work QB in FA, rumors are they’re interested in Mariota.

The Eagles are a mess, the Redskins are starting Alex Smith or Heineckle, the Cowboys are playing hardball with Dak, and the Giants are going to stick with Danny Dimes.

Our division right now is looking vulnerable.. completely new coaching staff in Atlanta means they’ll be starting off slow. The Panthers should improve but I dont think they’ll be competitors, and the Saints are in cap hell with Jameis the front runner?

I’m not saying this is going to be easy, it never is… but we should have a home playoff game at the very least next season.

• seekpar

Participant

2021 schedule definitely easier than 2020 schedule. There will be a few losses along the way, but 11-5 again or even 12-4 or 13-3 are realistic expectations for this team even with +or- a few key players.

• Greattimes

Participant

The Bucs went all out this past season to put together a complete team with the signing of FA’s who contributed to the success. Some other team out there will figure that they are only a player or 2 from reaching the playoffs. There will be some prized players out there in free agency. What if the Saints do some creative accounting and sign QB Watson? The KC Chiefs sign JJ Watt and some O’linemen? How many of the Bucs FA’s will the Bucs be able to resign? It is going to be tough to repeat.

• jcaulfield8

Participant

So the saint can get creative and find a way to add a35 million dollar cap hit, free agents, rookie pool, resign their guys. All while 100 million over projected cap.
        And we won’t be able to get creative to add our players while 28 mil under?
        The sky is not falling, we are in a decent position . Much better than any year since 02

• Richie Cartman

Participant

After going through the murders row of Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes to win the Super Bowl, forgive me for not being frightened at the thought of facing Winston twice a year.

• BucBalla85

Participant

It’s never easy to repeat but if there is anyone who can pull it off is Brady. I thought I was done doubting Brady after he made that comeback in the super bowl against Atlanta but I doubted Tampa’s chances of a super bowl in his first season here because um I don’t know, it’s hard to come together so quickly in your first season with a team to win a super bowl. Should have known better lol!

Anyways they did it so I guess it wouldn’t be all that surprising if they repeated champs. They are gonna lose some guys and teams will be gunning but tb will recruit some guys to come back and to come play here. They got a much better shot at repeating than they ever had winning a super bowl with Winston as our starter but that doesn’t say much.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by BucBalla85.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Also Winston has some things to prove before we worry about him. I know some of you fsu fans are expecting that light to come on soon but if he hasn’t done it after 6 years of being in this league chance is he won’t be anything different than what he’s been so far. Even if he improves, I don’t see him ever being improved to the point where I trust that he won’t turn the ball over in a key moment. Because that’s all he’s done since being in the league. I dont know why that offends some Winston fans.

If a guy keeps doing the same thing over and over you are going to assume he will keep doing that until something changes. Well he needs to change first before people begin to believe. It’s not worth defending until something changes. Just like how I’m not going to bet against Brady because of what he proves continuously while Jameis continues to prove the opposite. Unless you know him personally, it’s a little weird to have this much faith when he has proven very little of importance at this level.

• SaskBucs

Participant

Of course it will be but taking into consideration the growth of this team over the last year and still having a 7 time SB champ taking the snaps, looking at that schedule I see 13–3 assuming health is maintained. I got to 3 assuming 1 division game is lost and the Rams Bills games are losses.

With this teams cap space and the obvious urgency to win it again, this team will be loaded in 2021. This Super Bowl run and roster potential should have every Bucs fan seeing nothing but W’s on the schedule next year. A lot to happen yet this off season but it will not surprise me to see the Bucs as heavy NFC favorites come game time week 1. (Healthy roster assumes again)

• Neubi

Participant

I’m pretty sure Winston knows our DBs better than his WRs. We all know where he is throwing to.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

No team has repeated since 03-04.

That changes in 2021.

As long as Brady is here we are the team to beat.

This is the start of a dynasty, my friends.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.