Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 18 reply threads

• Author

• Boid Fink

Participant

Suh…this guy is an anchor. Nasty on Sundays with calculation, uses fear and power as tactics, and is smarter than everyone on the line. His maturity has made him more complete, the pieces around him on the first level make him inspiring and terrorizing. Rodgers wanted nothing to do with his two handed shoved into the earth.

Vea…unblockable 1v1, and 2v1 he usually generates presence after 3, 4 seconds. He is the truth as a nose tackle. He makes the run defense one of the all time bests (Bucs are top 14 for all time run defense yards per carry, overall…we saw it). He makes guys like Suh, shaq, and JPP look like poltergeists.

David…next to Barber and Sapp, this guy is neck and neck with Brooks. His days with Schiano were unreal. His days under different coordinators and bad head coaches hasn’t tarnished his shine. He thrives is the worst environment. He should be nicknamed The Fungus. Grows and gets better in shit. We all know this.

<script async src=”https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js”></script&gt;
      <ins class=”adsbygoogle”
      style=”display:block; text-align:center;”
      data-ad-layout=”in-article”
      data-ad-format=”fluid”
      data-ad-client=”ca-pub-6114677105545158″
      data-ad-slot=”1184249302″></ins>
      <script>
      (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
      </script>

Devin White. I hated the pick. As a long standing member of this now dying site, this is another open hearted apology into my error in prognostication. This guy still needs improvement, but when he gets it all down routinely, he will end up in the HOF. He has the weirdest hand strength I have ever seen. He rips people apart when grabs them clean. And when has a bee line, he lights people up. He runs from sideline to sideline, and is confident and speaks with with this nasty attitude that defenders need. Listen to him, tell me he is wrong. He isn’t even cocky sounding. Nothing but love for this kid…he’s going to be jersey worthy very very soon.

Winfield jr: just a power house. So reactive and strong, plays like a veteran already. Future is bright. He’s going to want a lot of money eventually. Bucs have to prepare for this. Good luck to all of them.

I see so much potential with Bowles leading this team…I have more faith in him as the DC than I do with Arians/Lefty as the Hc/Dc combo. As long as Brady is there when it gets critical, I am alright. He is truly the coach of that offense. Production plus time playing at a high level equals results from superstar receivers and runners. Brady anchors this offense. Not Arians and certainly not Byron. Byron wasn’t even a worthwhile QB in Tampa. He threw it “haaaaaaaaaaawd” and was tough, but he is younger than Brady, was a worse QB who played in lesser offenses, and he is coaching Tom? C’mon man. Brady runs the show.

JPP is a guy I love. This dude is a beast, a freaky good athlete and sets a physical edge, and can do it all. Sags very well in Bowles defense, got better in clogging lanes instinctually. He sets a good edge. He makes QBs nervous.

Shaq: I loved this signing from day 1, and said he would be great. Never thought he would set records and be an anchor, but here we are. This guy is another pure energy hustler with physical talent and wrk ethic which allows him to be disruptive. JC…just shut up about this signing. He has been super bargain friendly for what he brings, but keep being up Bucs from 2007 as reasons why not to sign a guy. Dinosaurs go instinct. And we all know you are old JC5100.

I am still not sold on SMB. I think he is a great opportunist, and better lucky than good, but consistency is a factor in my weariness. But surrounded by a good pass rush, I think he again punches me in the jaw.

<input type=”hidden” name=”IL_IN_ARTICLE”>

Dean worries me suddenly. I think his extended reps is a sign the coaches are worried as well. He is built fir the job and has the measurables, but you don’t let guys like this run a lot of reps unless you are concerned. JMO.

Tyron is good to go. We saw that. He was powering and knifing through doubles and flashing unreal burst for his size. As he primes himself, he will learn to dominate the front. He looks the part, he has this down Imo.

I have more faith in the defense than the offense in the early part of the season. Hopefully injuries stay clear of the team…otherwise it can get rocky. Luck be with us. We deserve it. Most of us fans that have been here for 25 years plus know this…even in this dying site. We put up with a lot of awful periods of time. But here we are…happy as clams and lucky as leprechauns.

• JC5100

Participant

What did I say that was incorrect about Barrett? After his contract year outlier, his sacks and QB hits decreased by over 50% when he got a $16M franchise tag.

• Biggs3535

Participant

What did I say that was incorrect about Barrett?

I’m glad you asked:

* Shaq should have been traded last offseason
      * Replacing him will be easy, as players like him grow on trees
      * Leonard Floyd & Derek Barnett have better skill sets
      * Prepare for Shaq to sign for 5 years, $110M, $68M guaranteed

Reality is Shaq should not have been traded, replacing him wouldn’t be easy, Floyd and Barnett have yet to sniff Shaq’s production, and Shaq signed for 4 years, $68M, $34.25M guaranteed. Not even close.

I’m sure I’ve missed a few, but that’s a good start.

• Biggs3535

Participant

After his contract year outlier, his sacks and QB hits decreased by over 50% when he got a $16M franchise tag.

How did he do pressuring the QB?

• buc-in-out

Participant

We already know our front 7 is the best in the league, I’m hoping we see our young DBs take another step forward after another year in the system.

The coaches have been saying they’ve been playing more confident, I’m hoping we see even more deceptive coverage looks as they continue to communicate better.

With Tryon already looking like a force as our 3rd EDGE defender, if Vea can stay healthy and White continues to improve in coverage.. this a flat out nightmare for opposing offenses.

• Boid Fink

Participant

It is it is.

What did I say that was incorrect about Barrett?

I’m glad you asked:

* Shaq should have been traded last offseason
      * Replacing him will be easy, as players like him grow on trees
      * Leonard Floyd & Derek Barnett have better skill sets
      * Prepare for Shaq to sign for 5 years, $110M, $68M guaranteed

Reality is Shaq should not have been traded, replacing him wouldn’t be easy, Floyd and Barnett have yet to sniff Shaq’s production, and Shaq signed for 4 years, $68M, $34.25M guaranteed. Not even close.

I’m sure I’ve missed a few, but that’s a good start.

• Boid Fink

Participant

KC still hating on Shaq…pathetic. You list the argument ffs. Slap yourself silly and carry on.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

I’m thrilled we have Shaq back again. He and JPP are going to have monster years.

• garfield

Participant

Tampa Bay loses the NFC title game without Barrett, so that made it worth the deal right there. Dude was jnblockable that game and helped the defense hold off the Packers at the end with some huge sacks.

• ratiffshabang

Participant

The SMB hate never stops lol. I believe he was the highest (or possibly top 5) rated cb in the playoffs. The kid was hobbled the majority of the regular season, and it was very noticeable in his burst. Once he got healthier at the end of the regular season, play started to get a lot better. I have faith in the young man, and truly believe if he’s healthy that he’ll have a good year

• Swash

Participant

Your post got me hype reading. I’m so excited to watch this squad this season!! I bought a PS5 yesterday and Madden 22 just to play with them, and I haven’t played video games in over 10 years. Couldn’t help myself.

• JC5100

Participant

After his contract year outlier, his sacks and QB hits decreased by over 50% when he got a $16M franchise tag.

Pressures are a great stat except it’s subjective. A site like PFF overvalues get off and just categorizes as a pressure even though the offensive linemen recovers and the QB is unphased. This is why they gave McCoy absurd grades and do the same right now with Chase Young. I don’t know how many pressures they gave him credit for, but the guy had 12 QB hits the entire season including playoffs. Somehow that equates to an 87.2 grade. Not buying it. Watching him getting dominated by Donovan Smith backups what his low QB hit total tells me.

As for how all this relates to Barrett, he led the league with 37 QB hits in 2019 and then backdown to 16 in 2020. Again, 2019 = outlier. Once he got life changing money he fell back down to Earth. To his credit he went absolutely batshit crazy vs the Packers and Chiefs. But so did the rest of the team as they were playing with backup offensive lines.

• Boid Fink

Participant

So VJ you are denying your eyes and ours to the fact Shaq is a pass rushing difference maker? Keep running that argument. You’ve lost already so it makes you look goofy. You stated you were a GM candidate at one point. Remember that?

Pressures are a great stat except it’s subjective. A site like PFF overvalues get off and just categorizes as a pressure even though the offensive linemen recovers and the QB is unphased. This is why they gave McCoy absurd grades and do the same right now with Chase Young. I don’t know how many pressures they gave him credit for, but the guy had 12 QB hits the entire season including playoffs. Somehow that equates to an 87.2 grade. Not buying it. Watching him getting dominated by Donovan Smith backups what his low QB hit total tells me.

As for how all this relates to Barrett, he led the league with 37 QB hits in 2019 and then backdown to 16 in 2020. Again, 2019 = outlier. Once he got life changing money he fell back down to Earth. To his credit he went absolutely batshit crazy vs the Packers and Chiefs. But so did the rest of the team as they were playing with backup offensive lines.

• JC5100

Participant

So VJ you are denying your eyes and ours to the fact Shaq is a pass rushing difference maker? Keep running that argument. You’ve lost already so it makes you look goofy. You stated you were a GM candidate at one point. Remember that?

Barrett has pass rush traits, sure. But there are many,many,many players who could do the same in this system playing with the players he plays with.

What’s telling in your little dissertation here is that you fail to mention the real anchor of the defense but worship overrated pieces like Suh and White because they’re high draft picks and big names.

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

JC you were wrong….its okay to admit it.

• Biggs3535

Participant

PFF applies their standard for QBP’s objectively across all of the players in the NFL. QBP is the best way to measure how often and consistent a defender beats the man in front of him. You’ve displayed many times in the past that really don’t understand how this stuff works.

You’ve already been informed on how wrong you are when you were using a cherry-picked stat from 2016 where Barrett most played on run snaps:

Now why don’t answer my question as to why Barrett had 1.5 sacks in 400+ defensive snaps in 2016.

Does it matter that, unlike every other season he’s played, the majority of those snaps were in run defense? Probably not.

Here are the pressure rates for Shaq:

2015: 1 pressure every 8.7 pass rush snaps
      2016: 1 pressure every 8.3 pass rush snaps
      2017: 1 pressure every 7.5 pass rush snaps
      2018: 1 pressure every 9.8 pass rush snaps
      2019: 1 pressure every 7.1 pass rush snaps (Lead NFL in sacks)
      2020: 1 pressure every 6.7 pass rush snaps (2nd in NFL in pressures)

No matter what the sack numbers were, the pressure rates were fairly consistent. I’m sure it’s a complete coincidence you chose to single-out the year he had the least amount of sacks. It’s not like you to try to manipulate numbers to enhance your shitty point.

I have to give you credit for the size of your nuts to ask what you said about Barrett that was wrong. That’s an impressive amount of nads.

• Boid Fink

Participant

You really think Gholston is irreplaceable but Shaq is a luxury? What a clown.

Barrett has pass rush traits, sure. But there are many,many,many players who could do the same in this system playing with the players he plays with.

What’s telling in your little dissertation here is that you fail to mention the real anchor of the defense but worship overrated pieces like Suh and White because they’re high draft picks and big names.

• TCB2W!

Participant

This was taken from Pro Football Reference.

Shaquil Barrett:
      With Vea: 23 games – 26 TFL, 49 QBHits, 26.5 Sacks
      Without Vea: 13 games – 8 TFL, 12 QBHits, 5 Sacks

JPP:
      With Vea: 15 games – 13 TFL, 22 QBHits, 14.5 Sacks
      Without Vea: 13 games – 9 TFL, 11 QBHits, 5.5 Sacks

Combined:
      With Vea: 1.03 TFL per game, 1.87 QBHits per game, 1.08 sacks per game
      Without Vea: 0.69 TFL, 0.88 QBHits, 0.40 sacks

JPP and Shaq were almost identical in the games Vea missed. JC how do you feel about JPP?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Schematically, Vea is everything Bowles could dream of having to get his defense hummin. The other guys have high skill sets, but remember on the backend the youth with these secondary guys. They are still being coached up. I like the upside of mist of the guys, Dean and SMB need to really shine this year early. Not later.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.