Viewing 12 reply threads

• Author

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

Now, this is something I’ve seen Belli-cheat do in the past amongst others of course but it’s worked to perfection…

1) I’d put the worst covers DBs on Adam- Whitehead and SMB to basically follow Devonte everywhere he goes…obviously long down and distance you would zone it up… SMB is a really good press corner and have Whitehead punish Adams over the top on any targets their way… IMO would completely take the best WR in football out of the game…

2)Winfield play cover 1, scan the field opposite from Adams since he already has two guys on him…and I think we can all agree AWJ is our best cover Safety

3) would have David all over Tonyan as he’s our best cover LB and I’m sure LD would contain their TE… White has been much better the second half of the season covering RBs overall…I’m sure White would get beat here and there but would also keep Jones from destroying the defense as he’s done to other teams all year…

4)LowKeydavis on Lazard who’s probably their second best option at WR and not really a burner…which matches up well against Davis as his struggles come against speed downfield… Dean would lineup against MVS which also matches up well…

4) with Vea back the run defense would be stout and aggressive keeps JPP and Barret in 1 on 1 battles (that’s all we can hope for)…

Go Bucs! Any thoughts?

Please wait…

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Get to rodgers faster then gb gets to brady.

Please wait…

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

Very good input and content there bud

Please wait…

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

If you come to pr for bucs content i feel sorry for you lol

Please wait…

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

I’ve prolly been a member of PR way before you but I do come here to have decent topic discussions, just that dealing with people like you makes it a bit hard…

Please wait…

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

There’s no way I’m putting SMB on Adams with Dean and Davis on the field.

Please wait…

• buccnation

Participant

While I do like your gameplan and I agree that belicheck has done this many times in the past I’m not sure I’d put SMB on Adams.

If we’re not putting Davis on Adams then I’d rather put Dean on him. Dean matches up much better in my opinion. Have SMB on Valdez-Scantling. And instead of Whitehead over top of Adams maybe go Edwards over top. Edwards has better ball skills and his coverage ability is better than Whitehead.

Please wait…

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

I’m spying White and/or blitzing him. And, I’m definitely scheming to get Suh in Rodgers’s face. He gets in his head. And, they definitely don’t like each other.

I’m pressing Dean and Davis, simply because that’s what they’re best at. If they get beat, then so be it.

And, like the other poster said, I’m putting in Edwards over Whitehead.

Again, I’m hoping for the most garbage weather humanly possible.

I like our chances in an old-school slug fest.

Please wait…

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

I like the idea of Edwards over the top but SMB on Adams makes sense to me because it would leave our best CB (Davis) on Lazard who’s not a burner and he’d be able to play him physical..

Please wait…

• buccnation

Participant

Dean is just a better corner than SMB. Especially when playing press man and especially when we play single high safety. Just my opinion though.

Please wait…

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

I’d be a little scared to leave SMB against the speed of MVS… all and all I want Davis following Lazard and getting super physical with him…

Please wait…

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

All I know is if we can’t cover anyone or get any stops, then we need to face facts and come back to reality on some things around here.

This pass D showed up in the first matchup but the reason nobody cares about that result is because it was an anomaly. We have above average edge rushers and a big physical tactician in the middle. I don’t think our pass d should be so nonexistent vs better passing teams. Especially If you factor in the fastest closing LB in the entire league. I guess AWJ is now battling an ankle injury and is questionable??

Which is why our best defense is a good offense in the form of a power run game. Just mix in a few short passes on 1st down to set up to take away predictable running plays. Not just 80% on first down to use play action.
      If we can dominate upfront ,which I wholeheartedly think is the BIGGEST advantage we have in this entire game.
      Run it down their throat, dominate the clock and get touchdowns, not fgs? We can win.
      It hopefully can prevent them from getting in a rhythm and it will definitely take its toll on their defense come the 4th quarter if we can’t get stops of our own and one team needs a stop late. Or we need to score last.

Its just so disappointing to see the bit of a drop off in Carlton Davis play. What I mean is he was on his way to being a legit top 5 CB. I don’t use the KC game against him because he’s not a burner.I have to suggest he’s been battling that groin injury and who knows what else. This is where we need a true #1 CB. If ..” IF” he could not bite on double moves I like Dean as our best coverage corner at times. He has the size n speed. I do know this much, Adams is getting 15+ targets and Tonyan is the red zone guy. Plan accordingly!!

Please wait…

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

Great stuff Diehard… Dean also has a bit of a tendency of bitting on double moves which is why I would have him on MVS.. Adams has to be the best route runner in the league with the best hands to go along with it…

I also think we can run on them and shouldn’t be so damn predictable on first downs… running the ball and somehow slowing Adams could be the (low)key

Please wait…

• m_j

Participant

knowing how rodgers currently plays, the only chance is to get to him fast, as we did it in week 6. if we leave our secondary fight him, then we will need stellar performance of our offense in a shootout. see no other way.

Please wait…

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.