Viewing 63 reply threads

• Author

• Uncle Stan

Participant

I have seen numbers up to at least 9 of dropped passes.How are dropped passes defined?I saw pass after pass yesterday thrown high, many only touched by the finger tips.What it looked like was Winston was trying too much to take advantage of the height-even when it wasn't necessary.Are they dropped passes and the QB escapes the bad statistic as a result and its then blamed on the receiver?.The first time the QB does that, the receiver leaves the ground to try and catch and is "killed" by the defensive player, that crap will stop.There has been a lot of discussion on the board about the "dropped" passes yesterday, and except for Evans, I'm not sure I saw any.I didn't tape the game so I have no way to go back and look. This was only my feeling after watching the game.  Felt there were a lot less dropped passes but more bad throws.Has anyone gone back and looked yet.Did not at all like targeting Evans every time I turned around - maybe the defense saw that too and then made sure he didn't catch the ball. Who made that decision Koetter or Winston? Would be interesting to know that answer also.Like Leroy Jethro GIbbs's rules, we are almost at that point for Bucs games. Pretty soon all we have to write is "#17" and everyone will know what we are indicating.Might not work with some posters tho, cause they seem to come with new ones some weeks.We collectively need to face the fact we are not a good team and until we win more than we lose, no one really can dispute that. So the excuses have no real meaning or value.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unc Stan,  all I can say is I know a dropped pass when I see one.  He should have caught it.  A really tough catch I say no, he didn’t necessarily drop it.  If the defender makes a good play on it, again, no dropped pass.  It’s all subjective, but I personally don’t buy into the old adage, that ” if he gets a hand on the ball he should have caught it.”  There’s just too many variables to make that claim, imo.And I agree with you regarding balls thrown too high that could only be reached with the fingertips.  That's just an inaccurate pass susceptible to INT's.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

definition: a pass that is dropped ;-)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unc Stan,  all I can say is I know a dropped pass when I see one.  He should have caught it.  A really tough catch I say no, he didn't necessarily drop it.  If the defender makes a good play on it, again, no dropped pass.  It's all subjective, but I personally don't buy into the old adage, that " if he gets a hand on the ball he should have caught it."  There's just too many variables to make that claim, imo.And I agree with you regarding balls thrown too high that could only be reached with the fingertips.  That's just an inaccurate pass susceptible to INT's.

There were at least 2 like that yesterday, but for the grace of GOD, should have been intercepted.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would think "dropped" would "imply" possession. Possession is defined as a receiver is in run position. (saw that yesterday from a Bladino comment.) So then very few of passes are dropped???

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Think I’ve seen stats that range from 4 to 11 from yesterdays game. Good stuff!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would think "dropped" would "imply" possession. Possession is defined as a receiver is in run position. (saw that yesterday from a Bladino comment.) So then very few of passes are dropped???

Wasnt the "rule" at one time "if the receiver got hands on it he should catch it?" I thought that is what people used to say? Maybe not. My original answer was a dropped attempt at humor

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey Stan, hope you’ll do the Prediction Board.As for your question, I call it a pass that the receiver should have caught.  Evans had a long ball hit him in the hands that he had but the db hit it out and I wouldn't call it a dropped ball.  In the second quarter Evans is hit perfectly across the middle at the 30 and it goes in and out.  Same with the catch on 1st down early on in the third.  Later in the quarter on a third down, he missed a throw high and behind him that Winston blew.A dropped ball is one that the receiver could make without an ordinary effort.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wasnt the "rule" at one time "if the receiver got hands on it he should catch it?" I thought that is what people used to say? Maybe not. My original answer was a dropped attempt at humor

hammer meet nailany Coach will tell a receiver, if it touches your hands you need to catch it. in the NFL even more so

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A dropped ball is one that the receiver could make without an ordinary effort.

if you take away an agenda, its not a hard concept.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unc Stan,  all I can say is I know a dropped pass when I see one.  He should have caught it.  A really tough catch I say no, he didn't necessarily drop it.  If the defender makes a good play on it, again, no dropped pass.  It's all subjective, but I personally don't buy into the old adage, that " if he gets a hand on the ball he should have caught it."  There's just too many variables to make that claim, imo.And I agree with you regarding balls thrown too high that could only be reached with the fingertips.  That's just an inaccurate pass susceptible to INT's.

There were at least 2 like that yesterday, but for the grace of GOD, should have been intercepted.

The "passes that should have been intercepted " stat varies as widely as the "drop" stat apparently.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brandon Myers had one and Russell Shepherd had one.Mike Evans had between 3-5 depending on your source...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Incomplete passes that have touched the hands of the receiver in which more blame can be placed on the receiver for lack of the catch than can be placed on the qb for his throw. Passes that hit the center of the receivers outstretched hands I consider a drop. I'd say the only passes that don't fit this category are ones that require 1 hand and passes thrown behind the WR so they have to bend back around.Passes that require the receiver to jump but still hit both of their hands are catchable and should be caught at this level of play (see Brandon Myers).We sign players to catch balls, if the only thing they can snag is passes dead to the chest then they shouldn't be starting. There is a reason that WR's arm span and "catch radius" is an important factor pre-draft. It shows where they SHOULD be able to catch the ball. If the QB is throwing in that area and it's not hitting a defender, he is doing his job, the rest is on the WR. You are getting paid millions to make these kinds of catches. WR's aren't drafted for solely being 6'5", their athleticism to make catches like the one Evans dropped over the defenders head is WHY he was picked so high. That's on him for failing to play up to his athletic potential.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brandon Myers did not have a drop. He was lucky to get his hands on that ball in the first place. It's pretty clear there are plenty of folks who have no idea the difference between a dropped pass from a WR and a poorly thrown thrown ball by the QB that receiver gets his hands on.  That, or this site has more Seminole homers than I thought.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brandon Myers did not have a drop. He was lucky to get his hands on that ball in the first place. It's pretty clear there are plenty of folks who have no idea the difference between a dropped pass from a WR and a poorly thrown thrown ball by the QB that receiver gets his hands on.  That, or this site has more Seminole homers than I thought.

I'm going with the latter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's funny because when I played, those were my absolute favorite passes to catch. Fully outstretched, a catchable ball.(obviously different from the nfl before you nitpick that). You see people make those catches all the time in the NFL. It sets you up to get hit, but was anyone hitting Myers there? No. There is no excuse that being "outstretched" means you can't catch the damn ball. He jumped straight up and it hit him in the hands. He wasn't diving to the side. He wasn't 1 handing it. He reached straight up. It hit his hands. Catch the ball. If that isn't a pass you can catch in the NFL you shouldn't be playing a receiving position. You guys keep running back to this FSU homers thing like this isn't the internet with people logging in from around the country.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You guys keep running back to this FSU homers thing like this isn't the internet with people logging in from around the country.

Cool, you're in the group that doesn't understand the difference i was describing earlier. Do you want your receivers to catch everything they get their hands on? Of course. But when evaluating players and their performance, you don't give receivers negative grades for not making spectacular catches. You do give QB's negative grades for poor ball placement. That's how it works guys.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You guys keep running back to this FSU homers thing like this isn't the internet with people logging in from around the country.

Cool, you're in the group that doesn't understand the difference i was describing earlier. Do you want your receivers to catch everything they get their hands on? Of course. But when evaluating players and their performance, you don't give receivers negative grades for not making spectacular catches. You do give QB's negative grades for poor ball placement. That's how it works guys.

I wouldn't count Myers as a drop, but I bet he would say he should have had that one.And Evans gets it as well.“You know, If I want to be the best, I gotta make those plays. I didn’t make most of them. I didn’t make most of them. If I would have made them, then we would have had a better chance to win.”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or you just don't understand  what the word opinion means Kind of like subjective ;-)By the way, even for you it's a little silly to group everyone who disagree with your definition of drops and call them all Seminole homers. Good lord

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some of this high/low stuff is not worth considering as a droped ball.However, all things considered, i dont believe accuracy was worried about quite as much predraft, because the idea was that the large catching radius of vj and evans would make up for some of it. Which IS theoretically true.So, when i see guys like vj or evans not dive or strech for the ball (vj tried his ass off on an incomplete), i believe they are indeed doing a disservice to the qb that was drafted. Particularly this qb.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2015/9/27/9406047/video-jameis-winstons-bucs-receivers-drop-all-the-passesId say some of these are straight up drops. Some were a bit high. All of them should have been caught.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NFL receivers should catch anything that hits their hands

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A guy dives for a ball way out ahead of him, but cant pull it in. That is a drop?That is the trouble, its all very subjective. No matter who is making the call.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or you just don't understand  what the word opinion means Kind of like subjective ;-)By the way, even for you it's a little silly to group everyone who disagree with your definition of drops and call them all Seminole homers. Good lord

When I'm curious as to what a football simpleton like yourself thinks, I'll let you know, DUI-boy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A guy dives for a ball way out ahead of him, but cant pull it in. That is a drop?That is the trouble, its all very subjective. No matter who is making the call.

point taken, agreed

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn't count Myers as a drop, but I bet he would say he should have had that one.And Evans gets it as well.“You know, If I want to be the best, I gotta make those plays. I didn’t make most of them. I didn’t make most of them. If I would have made them, then we would have had a better chance to win.”

I don't doubt any of the receivers would say they should catch any ball thrown their way.  Just as I'm sure Jameis would say he needs to put a better ball on his guys.  None of what they say really changes how football players graded on their actual performances.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t understand the point of this other than to argue but Brandon Myers should have caught that ball. That’s what he’s supposed to do and it wasn’t even a particularly hard catch. Some people’s opinions of a dropped ball are ridiculous. Anything that doesn’t take an ordinary effort? Really? Are we talking warmups or a friggin football game. I’m assuming the poster.that said it would imply possession is joking because that’s just ridiculous.Certainly there were balls that hit hands and had no likely hood of being caught, I get that there were plenty that should have been. Myers catch wouldn't have been extraordinary. He had to jump to get it. Is that too much to ask an athlete to do? Guys are losing your damn minds over nothing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do you want your receivers to catch everything they get their hands on? Of course. But when evaluating players and their performance, you don't give receivers negative grades for not making spectacular catches. You do give QB's negative grades for poor ball placement. That's how it works guys.

So how many passes were dropped in your opinion?  Use the nole clip BnB posted itt.  How many of those were dropped by the receiver?  Do you consider the last throw on that clip to Evans poorly placed?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When I'm curious as to what a football simpleton like yourself thinks, I'll let you know, DUI-boy.

Lol, way to get creative, the kind of thing customers pay for right Buggsy?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do you want your receivers to catch everything they get their hands on? Of course. But when evaluating players and their performance, you don't give receivers negative grades for not making spectacular catches. You do give QB's negative grades for poor ball placement. That's how it works guys.

So how many passes were dropped in your opinion?  Use the nole clip BnB posted itt.  How many of those were dropped by the receiver?  Do you consider the last throw on that clip to Evans poorly placed?

There's no "opinion" just a rule. If you follow it your a football genius. If not, you're a simpleton Noles fan

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

as a fan who is really glad winston is our QB, i question i like to ask is why did winston force myers to make such a difficult catch?  was  that the only spot that was available?  to break it down even further, were the routes poorly ran or poorly executed?  did mckinney effectively cover 2 recievers?  mckinney isnt exactly a coverage LB is he?winston didnt make a great throw.  myers didnt make a great catch.  they both need to play better if the Bucs are gonna win.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are a bundle of joy to read...thanks for your insightBrandon Myers got his hands on a pass at 5:51 of the 2nd qtr and should have been caught...you have your opinion I have mine, learn to let it go or step away from the keyboard...sheesh

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are a bundle of joy to read...thanks for your insightBrandon Myers got his hands on a pass at 5:51 of the 2nd qtr and should have been caught...you have your opinion I have mine, learn to let it go or step away from the keyboard...sheesh

Seminole homer!Careful, buggy will call you a simpleton!(Sarcasm)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That video from TomahawkNation.com was posted last night by another Seminole homer. Here was my post:

Well, I watched one pass get thrown over the TE's head that he was lucky to get his hands on.  I watched Evans almost break his leg because the ball was so badly behind him and low. I watched another pass where the WR had to jump over the defender to get hands on the ball, at which point the defender knocks the ball out.  I watched another pass get thrown slightly high and behind Jackson, allowing the defender to breakup the play.  Passes defended aren't drops. High balls aren't drops. Balls thrown behind receivers aren't drops. The two legit drops in that video were balls thrown to the chest of Evans and facemask of Sheperd.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed. There was one pass to Evans which was behind him and a real tough catch for a tall WR to make since it was at his hip. Other than that there were 6-7 balls which should have been caught but weren't including the Myers ball.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed. There was one pass to Evans which was behind him and a real tough catch for a tall WR to make since it was at his hip. Other than that there were 6-7 balls which should have been caught but weren't including the Myers ball.

Seminole homers!!! Simpletons! PFF bashers!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My opinion of the throw to Evans (low, behind) was well placed.  I have no idea whether that was his ideal target, but if he leads Evans at chest level the pass is deflected or intercepted by the safety dropping into the zone Evans is running into.  Evans has established himself in front of his corner and is shielding that defender from the throw Jameis made.  Jameis put a well placed throw into the safest place to complete the pass and the safest place for Evans not to get killed attempting the reception.  I don’t consider that a drop or a poorly placed throw.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Speaking of PFF, how did they count the drops?  I believe they credited Evans with 3 on Sunday.......

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My opinion of the throw to Evans (low, behind) was well placed.  I have no idea whether that was his ideal target, but if he leads Evans at chest level the pass is deflected or intercepted by the safety dropping into the zone Evans is running into.  Evans has established himself in front of his corner and is shielding that defender from the throw Jameis made.  Jameis put a well placed throw into the safest place to complete the pass and the safest place for Evans not to get killed attempting the reception.  I don't consider that a drop or a poorly placed throw.

i dont buy this.  the S?  or the MLB?  i wasnt really paying attention but i assumed it was the MLB.  if the ball is thrown at evans waist its an easy catch, its a safe throw from evans, and its still far enough away from the “middle” defender.  the “middle” defender didnt even attempt a play of the ball so i doubt a foot or 2 would have changed the outcome negatively.it wasnt an awful throw.  but it wasnt a drop either.  it was almost a good throw, it was almost a good catch.  the QB gave the WR a chance to make a play, im happy with it.  im just not blaming the WR for not making a difficult catch.  id like him to, but i dont consider that a routine catch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Speaking of PFF, how did they count the drops?  I believe they credited Evans with 3 on Sunday.......

Uh oh ... Now you've done it!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My opinion of the throw to Evans (low, behind) was well placed.  I have no idea whether that was his ideal target, but if he leads Evans at chest level the pass is deflected or intercepted by the safety dropping into the zone Evans is running into.  Evans has established himself in front of his corner and is shielding that defender from the throw Jameis made.  Jameis put a well placed throw into the safest place to complete the pass and the safest place for Evans not to get killed attempting the reception.  I don't consider that a drop or a poorly placed throw.

i dont buy this.  the S?  or the MLB?  i wasnt really paying attention but i assumed it was the MLB.  if the ball is thrown at evans waist its an easy catch, its a safe throw from evans, and its still far enough away from the "middle" defender.  the "middle" defender didnt even attempt a play of the ball so i doubt a foot or 2 would have changed the outcome negatively.it wasnt an awful throw.  but it wasnt a drop either.  it was almost a good throw, it was almost a good catch.  the QB gave the WR a chance to make a play, im happy with it.  im just not blaming the WR for not making a difficult catch.  id like him to, but i dont consider that a routine catch.

Watch the play again.  It is the last in the video.  35 is at the los faking a blitz at the snap.  Immediately drops right into the path Mike is taking.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn't count Myers as a drop, but I bet he would say he should have had that one.

So you are saying he is a team player who won't throw his QB under the bus. What would Winston say if you asked him? He would say he needs to make a better throw. Now all they need to do is stop all the damn talking and make some plays. They have only been here for a minute and the fans have been watching this crap for a few years now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watch the play again.  It is the last in the video.  35 is at the los faking a blitz at the snap.  Immediately drops right into the path Mike is taking.

you are right, it was a S.  i was keying on evans and just assumed from where on the field it was MLB.  i still think the throw should have been better, i still dont think it should be considered a drop, but i also think our #1 WR should make that catch.i dont think the S was as close as it might appear, especially considering what would have made it a much easier catch.  if the ball hits him in the stomach the S still doesnt have a play on it imo.  closer sure, but the S doesnt even attempt a play on the ball. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He doesn’t attempt a play on the ball Jameis threw, because the throw stopped the reciever.If the safety does not make a play on a throw a yard/2 closer to the middle of the field, he sure as (censored) makes a play on Mike.  That is a situation I would much rather have my QB throw the reciever safe than lead for y.a.c.That is a much tougher catch for a giant of a reciever like Evans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't understand the point of this other than to argue but Brandon Myers should have caught that ball. That's what he's supposed to do and it wasn't even a particularly hard catch. Some people's opinions of a dropped ball are ridiculous. Anything that doesn't take an ordinary effort? Really? Are we talking warmups or a friggin football game. I'm assuming the poster.that said it would imply possession is joking because that's just ridiculous.Certainly there were balls that hit hands and had no likely hood of being caught, I get that there were plenty that should have been. Myers catch wouldn't have been extraordinary. He had to jump to get it. Is that too much to ask an athlete to do? Guys are losing your damn minds over nothing.

This.The ball could have been thrown lower, but it wasn't anything far from catchable. I put that 70/30 Myers Winston, so I'd consider it a dropped ball.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't understand the point of this other than to argue but Brandon Myers should have caught that ball. That's what he's supposed to do and it wasn't even a particularly hard catch. Some people's opinions of a dropped ball are ridiculous. Anything that doesn't take an ordinary effort? Really? Are we talking warmups or a friggin football game. I'm assuming the poster.that said it would imply possession is joking because that's just ridiculous.Certainly there were balls that hit hands and had no likely hood of being caught, I get that there were plenty that should have been. Myers catch wouldn't have been extraordinary. He had to jump to get it. Is that too much to ask an athlete to do? Guys are losing your damn minds over nothing.

This.The ball could have been thrown lower, but it wasn't anything far from catchable. I put that 70/30 Myers Winston, so I'd consider it a dropped ball.

Dropped? That will NOT get you invited to the Buggsy Ball

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There has been a lot of discussion on the board about the "dropped" passes yesterday, and except for Evans, I'm not sure I saw any.

Then you need to watch more carefully next time. Whatever the agenda is or was here, there were 6-7 balls which should have been caught which weren't.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A drop is when a routine catch is not made.  Hits both hands in a natural catching position with no defender interference.  That is how the statistic is usually tabulated, and why there aren’t usually a lot of official drops..  You can have your own drop stastic for passes that good recievers usually make.  The Myers incompletion is not a drop because Myers is not a good enough player to put himself into a natural catching position on a marginal throw like what Jameis put on him.  The ball was a few feet higher than you would want and our TE made a meal out of it. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can’t wait for the day when we play games and not have to assign blame for passes afterwards. I can’t be the only one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He doesn't attempt a play on the ball Jameis threw, because the throw stopped the reciever.If the safety does not make a play on a throw a yard/2 closer to the middle of the field, he sure as (censored) makes a play on Mike.  That is a situation I would much rather have my QB throw the reciever safe than lead for y.a.c.That is a much tougher catch for a giant of a reciever like Evans.

i still disagree on the angle.  35 doent have an angle on evans, evans is deeper already than him.  a throw one yard to the right is still safe from the S and safe for evans imo.i like that winston gave evans a chance - i just think the throw could have been better.  i dont think winston should have led evans - he had no room to lead evans.  i just think he needed to put the ball ON evans, not behind him.  and i think he had the room.  heck, if he sees he S faking the blitz so close to the LOS then get the ball out faster if need be - not give the safety as much time to get depth.its tickytack though and isnt a big deal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That video from TomahawkNation.com was posted last night by another Seminole homer. Here was my post:

For the record, I'm not a Seminole homer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For the record, I'm not a Seminole homer.

If you have an opinion that differs from Fluffy you sure as hell are! ;-)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's funny because when I played, those were my absolute favorite passes to catch. Fully outstretched, a catchable ball.(obviously different from the nfl before you nitpick that). You see people make those catches all the time in the NFL. It sets you up to get hit, but was anyone hitting Myers there? No. There is no excuse that being "outstretched" means you can't catch the damn ball. He jumped straight up and it hit him in the hands. He wasn't diving to the side. He wasn't 1 handing it. He reached straight up. It hit his hands. Catch the ball. If that isn't a pass you can catch in the NFL you shouldn't be playing a receiving position. You guys keep running back to this FSU homers thing like this isn't the internet with people logging in from around the country.

I dont know that you can really tell about the fingertip catches. With the velocity that NFL balls are thrown, if you only get your fingertips on the back half of the ball or less, you are not catching it. If you get more than half of the ball in your hands then you have a chance. How could they possibly measure that by just watching the video?There are a lot of those variables which is why they dont penalise the WR for not catching balls that are not thrown directly to them. All of those balls Evans had to slide for were not drops even though he made a good effort and got his hands on the ball.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let’s forget the fact that I never said all people who think there are all drops are Seminole homers.  I suppose they never taught either/or statements at Stetson Law.  Can I be in the dome of DUI-boy any more?  Just look at the number posts about me in this two-page thread:

There's no "opinion" just a rule. If you follow it your a football genius. If not, you're a simpleton Noles fan

Pwned.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A drop is when a routine catch is not made.  Hits both hands in a natural catching position with no defender interference.  That is how the statistic is usually tabulated, and why there aren't usually a lot of official drops..  You can have your own drop stastic for passes that good recievers usually make.  The Myers incompletion is not a drop because Myers is not a good enough player to put himself into a natural catching position on a marginal throw like what Jameis put on him.  The ball was a few feet higher than you would want and our TE made a meal out of it.

Good post.  Agreed, as do most football people that tabulate drops.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

I can't wait for the day when we play games and not have to assign blame for passes afterwards. I can't be the only one.

It appears you are indeed the only one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Re-watching that screen play drop to I think Russell Sheppard. The blocking was in good position and ready to block people. That could’ve been 6 pts had he caught the damn ball.But yeah too many 50/50 balls on Sunday and quite a few bad throws by Jameis. The difference on Sunday was the HOU Texans WR were making those tough catches while our guys didn't make those plays.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let's forget the fact that I never said all people who think there are all drops are Seminole homers.  I suppose they never taught either/or statements at Stetson Law.  Can I be in the dome of DUI-boy any more?  Just look at the number posts about me in this two-page thread:

Pwned.

Mad internet points for the proper use of Pwned.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Re-watching that screen play drop to I think Russell Sheppard. The blocking was in good position and ready to block people. That could've been 6 pts had he caught the damn ball.But yeah too many 50/50 balls on Sunday and quite a few bad throws by Jameis. The difference on Sunday was the HOU Texans WR were making those tough catches while our guys didn't make those plays.

Not sure which was more annoying to watch. Evans drop a pass which hit him in the numbers or watching 5 foot 8 (or whatever) Emmanuel Sanders go over a DB and take it away from him while Evans at 6 foot 5 can't come down with a better pass over a DB he's got at least 4 inches on. There's a lot of want to the Bucs as a team seem to lack.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Alright I think I have one; If I believe I could have caught it but it wasn’t caught.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Holy sheep (censored) Batman…a two page thread all about picking the fly (censored) out of the pepper!!There were poorly thrown passes and there were dropped passes!! We lost the frigging game because of that, because of poor defense, and because of poor field goal kicking.Let's just agree that it was a poor effort from 4 of the 4 facets of the game; coaching, offense, defense, and special teams...now move the (censored) on!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Holy sheep (censored) Batman...a two page thread all about picking the fly (censored) out of the pepper!!There were poorly thrown passes and there were dropped passes!! We lost the frigging game because of that, because of poor defense, and because of poor field goal kicking.Let's just agree that it was a poor effort from 4 of the 4 facets of the game; coaching, offense, defense, and special teams...now move the (censored) on!!

Hear that everyone?  No more talking about stuff on the message boards.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not here to shill for Winston, just evaluate how he’s doing so far. In the long run, I’m a believer in Winston and it will take more than 3 games for me to change that. But in the short run, I don’t have any problem calling him out when he makes mistakes. If I'm looking to evaluate him, then whether it's a stone-cold drop matters less to me than what the throws looked like. I thought he made a lot of very good throws that could have/should have been caught. Some of those were dropped, and some could have been caught but were difficult enough either because of the throw was a bit off, the WR didn't work back to the ball (there were 2 of those) or didn't snatch it clean, or because a defender made a big play. And there are also some (one?) that are brought back by penalties. For the record, I don't think Brandon Myers could have caught that, but that is probably caught by any number of other NFL WR/TES. Winston has to - and I think will - learn that for some guys, it simply has to be on the body for them to make the grab.He also made some poor throws, especially on some key third downs late. He's got to do better on those.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Holy sheep (censored) Batman...a two page thread all about picking the fly (censored) out of the pepper!!There were poorly thrown passes and there were dropped passes!! We lost the frigging game because of that, because of poor defense, and because of poor field goal kicking.Let's just agree that it was a poor effort from 4 of the 4 facets of the game; coaching, offense, defense, and special teams...now move the (censored) on!!

Hear that everyone?  No more talking about stuff on the message boards.

Your funny, bub. Knock yourself out talking about inane subjects that, for the most part, has little to do on the outcome of a game. Don't focus on the piss poor coaching, piss poor defense, missed tackles, or crappy special teams play. Continue talking about when a drop is not drop...

Please wait…

Viewing 63 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.