Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 24 reply threads

• Author

• BucsBay

Participant

I would love to trade down as much as anyone. I’m just not confident we will get a reasonable offer to do so. If we are going OL @5, personally I’d want Lindstrom over Jonah Williams. Lindstrom isn’t quite Quinton Nelson, but he’s closer than Jonah is to Tyrone Smith or any top NFL LTs.

Changed Deitler to Lindstrom : )

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

You got two seconds last year to drop a handful of spots,offers will be there if bucs want to trade back…and no to deitler at 5

Please wait…

• Nobody

Participant

Deiter is my favorite OL in this draft (by a stretch), but I feel like he’s probably in the Ragnow territory; late 1st or early 2nd. If we trade back to the 20s (accruing multiple picks), I would be all for it.

I’m less enamored of Jonas Williams than others I think, but I think his odds of being a + pass blocking LT and Zone blocker is likely.

I don’t remotely understand the speculation that he would be a better OG. I see no evidence for that on the tape and his best asset is his smooth, stable, and quick kickslide left and his ability to Reach Block Edge players (Outside Zone) in the running game.

Please wait…

• Graham

Participant

How does JaWaan Taylor project at guard?  I’d rather take a look at him if we’re sitting tight and taking offensive line.  If Cappa takes the next step you can kick Taylor out to RT if Dot is toast.

Honestly, they just need to throw some draft capital at it.  I’ll definitely be hoping for a trade down on draft night to acquire more picks.  Then maneuver yourself to take Deiter late 1st if need be.

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

Lots of quality interior lineman,after rd 1,no need to use first rd pick on one…and if the Bucs move on from one or both of their ots they wont be replacing them with a rookie.

Please wait…

• Graham

Participant

Lots of quality interior lineman,after rd 1,no need to use first rd pick on one…and if the Bucs move on from one or both of their ots they wont be replacing them with a rookie.

Huh?  If they’re drafting offensive linemen with their picks in the top 40 you’d better believe they start as rookies.

Good luck replacing your LT and RT in free agency.  They also basically played with only 4 offensive linemen all season so they may want to think about adding someone serviceable at RG too.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Massive reach at #5

Please wait…

• nybuccguy

Participant

I want Greg Little at 5. I think he is better than J Williams

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

Who said top 40?

I don’t think Bucs draft a ol in top 40,probably not in top 100

And I would be willing to bet they add a ol in free agency

Ba is in it to win it,and win it soon,he wont be here in 3 years…

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Who said top 40?

If that’s the case, they’re most likely tagging Smith or resigning him.

Please wait…

• Graham

Participant

Who said top 40?

So, basically you’re expecting them to franchise Smith and sign a guard in free agency?  How sad will it be to have the highest paid and subsequently worst performing offensive line in the NFL?

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

I would tag him but I think he gets new contract,and yes OG in free agency

Please wait…

• BucsBay

Participant

Tackle seems a lot deeper in this draft than guard.

Please wait…

• JC5100

Participant

All this Nelson hype and he didn’t make a goddamn difference to the Colts record. Luck averaged 10 wins a year before Nelson, got 10 wins with him.

Just no to any interior OL or DL that high.

Please wait…

• Pepsi

Participant

All this Nelson hype and he didn’t make a goddamn difference to the Colts record. Luck averaged 10 wins a year before Nelson, got 10 wins with him.

Just no to any interior OL or DL that high.

So youre going all the way back to 2014 and further to reach for your point? And your conveniently leaving out the fact that he was one of the most sacked QB in the league, getting abused behind a crappy Oline to the point where injuries derailed him in 2015 in which he went 2-5 before  going out. Leaving out how he came back in 2016 but was still beat up and proceeded to take a whopping 41 sacks behind his horrible Oline, which is more than Winston has ever had in a single season, and finished 8-7. Leaving out the fact that his entire 2017 was lost because he was injured from getting repeatedly beat up behind that horrible Oline and Colts finished 4-12. And finally leaving out fact that with Nelson in 2018 he was sacked only 18 times, and insanely dramatic reduction in the amount of times sacked in a single season compared to any year of his career.

You’re implying Nelson didnt help luck at all. Bottom line is his sacked per pass attempt percentage this season with Nelson was lower than any 18 seasons of Tom Bradys NFL career. Nelson most likely helped luck extend his career.

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

The Colts were 20-28 the three years prior to 2018.  Quit being a dumbass.

Please wait…

• JC5100

Participant

Luck has never had a losing season. Not sure why you’re bringing up the Jacoby Brissett games.

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

Luck has never had a losing season. Not sure why you’re bringing up the Jacoby Brissett games.

Did Andrew Luck choose to sit out the 2017 season for a European vacation?  Or did he have to miss an entire season for getting the holy hell beat out of him for years?

I’m not sure why you insist on being a dumbass, but it’s hilarious.  Keep it up.

Please wait…

• Pepsi

Participant

he was sacked 18 times vs the 40 that he was used to. JC doesnt want to be honest with himself. thats fine.

Luck Pre Nelson: Very good QB, carrying the Colts to wins but getting wrecked along the way behind the horrible Oline. To the point where he was put on IR for a season and and his career in jeopardy

Luck with Nelson: Very good QB, carrying the Colts to wins and now one of the least sacked QBs in the league, career no longer in jeopardy, now playing safely behind a much better Oline.

JC’s take: Colts didnt win the superbowl so Nelson didnt make a goddamn difference.

Please wait…

• ryan24

Participant

Today’s early contender for the daily Skossy. JC’s going to retire the trophy if he’s not careful.

Please wait…

• BucsBay

Participant

Christ Lindstrom looks much better than Deitler and like the best lineman in mobile after day 1.

Please wait…

• BucsBay

Participant

Same on day 2. I’ll stick with the same theme of a G in 1, but change the guy to Lindstrom.

Please wait…

• Havok904

Participant

JC thinks all interior linemen are over rated on both sides of the ball.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Did Andrew Luck choose to sit out the 2017 season for a European vacation? Or did he have to miss an entire season for getting the holy hell beat out of him for years?

I’m not sure why you insist on being a dumbass, but it’s hilarious. Keep it up.

It’s funny, because his whole obsession with Nelson has to do with his MASSIVE WHIFF on Brown.

But, as I said earlier, it’ll be nice to know that when McCoy is gone; Nelson will step in as the JC’s trigger.

Please wait…

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

The film showed that Deiter did not do well in day 1 and day 2 of practice.

Maybe he will be better in the game.

To draft him at 5 overall seems to be a stretch.

Please wait…

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.