Viewing 38 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Bucs RB Demps focuses on football, impresses Smithdemps_zpsbe545f0d.pngThe extra work Jeff Demps has put in on the football field this year is starting to pay dividends, although he’s no lock to make the team. ASSOCIATED PRESS FILE PHOTO By Roy Cummings | Tribune Staff Published: May 27, 2014 TAMPA — Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Jeff Demps has spent his football career moonlighting as a track star. Or maybe he’s spent his track career moonlighting as a football player. Either way, for the first time since leaving the University of Florida three years ago, Demps is completely devoted to football, which makes this the first time he has fully participated in his team’s offseason workout program.The extra work Demps has put in on the football field this year is starting to pay dividends. Though he’s hardly a lock to earn a roster spot, Demps is definitely turning heads.“Every day it seems like he’s done something to catch my eye,” Bucs coach Lovie Smith said of Demps.Demps will have to continue to impress to earn a job with the Bucs. Working alongside Doug Martin, Mike James, Bobby Rainey and rookie Charles Sims, he’s one member of what may be the deepest position group on the team.All but Sims have proven themselves capable of gaining big yards and making big plays in the clutch, but Smith made it clear following a workout in which Demps lost a fumble last week that he likes the former Olympic sprinter’s potential.“I tend to look at that ceiling and see the things they can do,’’ Smith said. “He’s not perfect by any means, but he’s doing more (good than bad). I don’t remember (the fumble), but those other things, I remember all of them.”Demps came to Tampa Bay as part of the April 2013 trade that sent running back LeGarrette Blount to New England. Demps, part of the 2012 U.S. Olympic silver-medal winning 4x100 meter relay team, did not join the Bucs last season until September, after participating in the IAAF World Championships.He played in two games last season before going on injured reserve with a groin injury. rcummings@tampatrib.com(813) 259-7979Twitter: @RcummingsTBO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It would be nice to get something out of him. Blount has done pretty well for himself since leaving.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We’ll see if this is true in a meaningful regular season I guess. I for one love his speed though. We’ve been lacking elite speed since I’ve been a fan.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

It would be nice to get something out of him. Blount has done pretty well for himself since leaving.

You mean two good games and then discarded by Bellichick this offseason for being the same one trick pony he's always been ?  Yeah he's done awesome for himself. Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You mean two good games and then discarded by Bellichick this offseason for being the same one trick pony he’s always been ?  Yeah he’s done awesome for himself. Lol

Love him or hate him, Blount's production in New England just last season may end up being more than the NFL ever sees of Demps. We definitely got some good use out of James however, who we traded up for with a pick in that Blount trade.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You mean two good games and then discarded by Bellichick this offseason for being the same one trick pony he's always been ?  Yeah he's done awesome for himself. Lol

or 700+ yards of offense 7TDs while averaging 5.0 ypc in the reg season, and 6.9 ypc 4 TD and 160+ yards to single handedly beat the Colts in the playoffs. So yea as a backup RB he did pretty well for himself. LolOh and I left out the 29 yards per return on his kickoff returns.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That was a dumb trade. I will stand by that.Demps isn't anything worthwhile to talk about really. He's pretty much "slip and slide" jackson, with better credentials. And they gave up a situational mauler with limited wear.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What hard work?  The dude took a year and a half off from football. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d love to see him work out for us and turn into a weapon. That one screen he took for like 13 yards or so last year wasn’t a huge play but he really showed some burst. We could use that in our offense. I think we have 3 good back who will be fighting for a roster spot so Demps needs to contribute in ST and in the passing game to get a spot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dominick and Schiano got fleeced in that trade.Even if Blount is a "one-trick pony" - He can do one hell of a trick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They were probably gonna cut Blount anyway…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dominick and Schiano got fleeced in that trade.

thats akin to saying the jets got fleeced in the revis trade. One year rentals that don’t bring Lombardis arent fleecings imo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dominick and Schiano got fleeced in that trade.

thats akin to saying the jets got fleeced in the revis trade. One year rentals that don't bring Lombardis arent fleecings imo.

Agreed. I also don't see how anyone can get fleeced in a trade involving two backup RBs and a 7th rounder.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Pats fleeced us? As in the backup RB they don’t have and the 6th round pick they dont have VS the backup RB we do have and the backup running back we do have (though we’ll see if they make it through cuts). Seems to me the “fleecing” was the other way around. Also, let's not forget we're talking about 3 backup RBs and a 6th round draft pick. Any fleecing is about as minor as it gets.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Idk if it comes down to keeping a guy like demps compared to Mike James. I’m taking James 10/10 times hopefully they don’t make the mistake of cutting James for demps just because he’s fast.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think they’ll find a way to keep them all. The only one I don’t see contributing on special teams is Martin. I wonder if it would be possible to go short on WR because Sims and Demps could possibly play emergency WR. If we usually keep 6 WR and 4 RB, could we keep 5 and 5?WR - VJax, Evans, Herron, Owusu, MurphyRB - Martin, James, Rainey, Demps, Sims

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dominick and Schiano got fleeced in that trade.Even if Blount is a "one-trick pony" - He can do one hell of a trick.

lol +1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol +1

Blount showed us right away how dumb it was.I don't care what ultimately transpired, but the trade was low in value for us, and what blount did in those few games for the pats, he could've been doing for us.If you add three wins on last year's schedule, everyone might still be here from the schiano era. So..maybe it was worth losing blount, and was a good trade?Lol...talking myself out of my own argument here.... I guess it WAS a good trade!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not having all the tricks that weren’t the one that Blount did well… got us 2011.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Pats fleeced us? As in the backup RB they don't have and the 6th round pick they dont have VS the backup RB we do have and the backup running back we do have (though we'll see if they make it through cuts). Seems to me the "fleecing" was the other way around. Also, let's not forget we're talking about 3 backup RBs and a 6th round draft pick. Any fleecing is about as minor as it gets.

Yeah but you are talking about production vs. non-production.  Blount has had some nice stats since he left Tampa.  Demps has been a non-event.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

and 160+ yards to single handedly beat the Colts in the playoffs. So yea as a backup RB he did pretty well for himself. Lol

Out of those 160+ yards, like 10 were after contact.  The Pats' OL beat the Colts a hell of a lot more than Blount did.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who is this Blount?

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Patriots had absolutely ZERO interest in resigning Blount this offseason .Demps and James are still on our roster and poised to be quality contributers this year.How'd we get fleeced again Blount smokers ?? Because you saw a nice run a highlight reel ?? LOL , morons.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow, Doloris is cafused.Blount was producing.  Big time for whatever stretch.Demps, meanwhile, was watching track and field videos and sitting in a hot/cold tub.Someone is smoking some Dempenis. ^(defending a guy who has done nothing but is "poised", V. reality...real genius there moron)Why did you change your screen name turd?

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Boid still ranting about Dolorous in random threads . lol Mind raped.[img width=400 height=400]http://buccaneers.poweredbycadworx.com/api/jerseypreview/render.ashx?template=/jersey%20station/preview/buccaneers/bucsRedJerseyBack&width=400&height=400&name=BOID%20LOSES&number=00[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wait wait…first off we know it is you Doloris, you cafused bi-polar turd.  And then you take the time, actual TIME to go out and make a screen snap of that to post, and you say I am getting mind fuxxed by YOU?HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAA HA HA HA!!!Classic moron Doloris!I gotcha kid.  I gotcha.  You mad as hell.I am honored by the time taken to show me love.  Boid Wins.  Again.And way to avoid my point related to FOOTBALL you dumbazz,demps has done jack crap, isn't dedicated to the game, and has done NOTHING but look silly, and you call people out for saying Blount produced BIG TIME in big games for them?BWA HA HA HA HA!  MORON!trade away the draft for a RUNNING BACK!  MORON!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That was a dumb trade. I will stand by that.Demps isn't anything worthwhile to talk about really. He's pretty much "slip and slide" jackson, with better credentials. And they gave up a situational mauler with limited wear.

How was it a dumb trade? Blount isn't even on the Pats any more and he wouldn't be here. We got Demps and Mike James out of the deal. Great trade.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Isn’t Blount a FA? Or did someone sign him?

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

After an extremely long time of sitting there on the market with no interest- including none from the Patriots- the Steelers took a flyer and signed him for around league minimum. Lol, yeah the Pats fleeced us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Boid still posting about Dolo …and claiming “Boid wins”?Wow

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Boid still posting about Dolo ...and claiming "Boid wins"?Wow

Dolorous gave his brain the long D now he can't think about anything else.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

He's cafused.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How was it a dumb trade? Blount isn't even on the Pats any more and he wouldn't be here. We got Demps and Mike James out of the deal. Great trade.

I'll counter with my own question.What has demps done to make it a good trade?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

it wasn’t a great trade for either side…it was simply a trade of backup RBs and late round flyers. But the pats dont currently have anything to show, while for the time being we do.  We still have a chance to make it a great trade but I’m not holding my breath.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

it wasn't a great trade for either side...it was simply a trade of backup RBs and late round flyers. But the pats dont currently have anything to show, while for the time being we do.  We still have a chance to make it a great trade but I'm not holding my breath.

The pats never pay rb's anyway, and other than james, who is probably not going to start here any time soon, we  obtained nothing.At least with blount, we had a guy who was brilliant in space, and could be used sparingly for one or two big runs per game.Just because schiano and sullivan's dumbasses say he couldn't be used properly, doesn't make it so.BB raped dom and schiano on that trade, and he showed why right away. They probably wanted to keep him, but didn't want to pay, and didn't want to babysit him either.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

But you think we did? You countered your own argument.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Jeff Demps was part of [the trade], but not the reason,” said Dominik shortly after the deal was announced.  “We were going to do LeGarrette Blount for a seventh-round pick but we asked for the rights to Jeff Demps because we want to investigate that further.  We thought it would be worth it to at least get his rights to talk to him.  That’s a side part of the deal.”

It really is that simple.  What did it hurt to ask?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

BB raped dom and schiano on that trade, and he showed why right away. They probably wanted to keep him, but didn't want to pay, and didn't want to babysit him either.

what does bb have to show from the trade? {nothing}What do the Bucs have to show from the trade? {not much}Your hatred blinds you.

Please wait…

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.