Viewing 20 reply threads

• Author

• CalicoJackLV

Participant

http://olympictalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/02/tyson-gay-doping-ban-usada-track-and-field-olympics/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

? Link is not about Demps

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

? Link is not about Demps

Asked if Gay’s disqualified results meant the entire 2012 U.S. Olympic 4x100m relay team has been stripped of its medals, a spokesman for the IAAF [track and field's international governing body] responded via email:“Yes – according to IAAF Rule 41 of IAAF competition rules of 2012.”Rule 41 states:    1. Where the Athlete who has committed an anti-doping rule violation competed as a member of a relay team, the relay team shall be automatically disqualified from the Event in question, with all resulting consequences for the relay team, including the forfeiture of all titles, awards, medals, points and prize money.That would move Trinidad and Tobago up to silver and France to bronze.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ah, slow of me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not his fault though…. sucks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, that has to rip his guts out.  Feel bad for the kid…hopefully, this doesn’t ignite some fury to get back into the mix…for the Olympics.  Flinging poo:  I think he gets hurt in training camp or preseason, collects his money, and gets ready for track and field again…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, that has to rip his guts out.  Feel bad for the kid...hopefully, this doesn't ignite some fury to get back into the mix...for the Olympics.  Flinging poo:  I think he gets hurt in training camp or preseason, collects his money, and gets ready for track and field again...

Or, this little episode would put a nail in the coffin for him, if he was 95% football and 5% Olympics.  Now it would be 100% football.  I wouldn't go back to track, knowing you can absolutely nothing wrong and still get disqualified by a stupid team mate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Damn Gay!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That sucks.. Even the NFL just punishes on an individual basis.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wasn’t aware Demps was part of that 4 member relay team. I thought the team was Gatlin, Kimmons, Gay and Bailey.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the medal is in my house I’d like to see them come get it….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hope he sticks with us. That would never happen in the NFL…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wasn't aware Demps was part of that 4 member relay team. I thought the team was Gatlin, Kimmons, Gay and Bailey.

I believe there are 5 or 6 members on each “4 person” relay team. They have extras to sub in and out due to injury, who’s hot and who’s not, etc. I don’t believe Demps ran in the actual race that netted the medal, but did run in other, earlier races.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Worry that if one guy is doping what are the odds the rest of them are as well?  Past history says that is often a “team” effort in these Olympic sports

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wasn't aware Demps was part of that 4 member relay team. I thought the team was Gatlin, Kimmons, Gay and Bailey.

I believe there are 5 or 6 members on each "4 person" relay team. They have extras to sub in and out due to injury, who's hot and who's not, etc. I don't believe Demps ran in the actual race that netted the medal, but did run in other, earlier races.

There are multiple heats before you get to the finals ...Demps ran in one of the earlier heats but not the finals . If you run in any heat though you get a medal , not just the final.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Worry that if one guy is doping what are the odds the rest of them are as well?  Past history says that is often a "team" effort in these Olympic sports

Olympic drug testing is not all that. The NFL drug testing program is WAY tougher. IIRC, the Olympics use a 8 panel drug test, where as the NFL uses a 24 panel test. The toughest to beat in all sports.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hope he doesn’t now decide he wants to go back to track and try for a medal again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hope he doesn't now decide he wants to go back to track and try for a medal again.

The medal doesn't have much value, but a Super Bowl trophy, or MVP award, or even an All Pro award do. [dollar wise]If it was me, I would say F-that, where is my football gear.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Worry that if one guy is doping what are the odds the rest of them are as well?  Past history says that is often a "team" effort in these Olympic sports

Olympic drug testing is not all that. The NFL drug testing program is WAY tougher. IIRC, the Olympics use a 8 panel drug test, where as the NFL uses a 24 panel test. The toughest to beat in all sports.

Nonsense. The NFL turns a blind eye to PED use for the most part.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe there are 5 or 6 members on each "4 person" relay team. They have extras to sub in and out due to injury, who's hot and who's not, etc. I don't believe Demps ran in the actual race that netted the medal, but did run in other, earlier races.

There are multiple heats before you get to the finals ...Demps ran in one of the earlier heats but not the finals . If you run in any heat though you get a medal , not just the final.

In London there were semis and finals only. Demps ran in the semi only. Standard practice is to dq the entire relay team when a member fails a test in Olympic sports. In fact, Olympic sports governed by WADA has begun freezing samples to identify illegal substances which can be discovered as testing improves down the road. Thus, we've had athletes disqualified years following testing. Gay was not caught at the Olympics and only admitted to using at the time in what amounts to a plea bargain. Teams sports in the US are a long way from either freezing samples or DQing teams after the fact. For the most part the team sports hope they don't catch anyone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL @ NFL testing being more stringent…..how’s the HGH testing program going?

Please wait…

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.