Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 10 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Obviously wouldn’t be a long term solution but 1 year deal.

Would prefer this over a 1st or 2nd round OL in the draft.

• ArmyBuc91

Participant

PFF had him rated 70.8. Not bad for a 35 year old. His cost was $1.5 mil. T Joe Haeg signed a similar contract, but Haeg was abysmal.

I doubt Dotson comes back. The Bucs wanted more out of him from the run game than he was able to give them. That and the fact that Haeg can play multiple positions – G & 3rd OT. So between veterans earning more and Dotson being older and one dimensional I don’t see Dotson coming back.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Obviously wouldn’t be a long term solution but 1 year deal.

Would prefer this over a 1st or 2nd round OL in the draft.

You want an young OL in the 1st or 2nd round to give them time to develop this year so that he can take over next year.

Since we re-signed LT Smith for an additional two more years (three years total), we do not have to worry about acquiring a starter at either tackle position (Wirfs is manning the right side).

This means we’re looking to improve the iOL positions at center, right guard, or both. Dotson is a tackle. I would not mind signing him on the cheap as he doesn’t hold back the team from acquiring a iOL in the draft high. Dotson can have one last hurrah with the possibility of winning a Championship. Having quality depth like Dotson on the team would be significant. He is a far better option than Haeg was last year.

• Boid Fink

Participant

No. Draft Creed and another tackle. Groom those guys and prepare for the future, with cap implications. Demar was not good his last year here. At best, he was average. Regardless of what a PFF numb it might say.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

No. Draft Creed and another tackle. Groom those guys and prepare for the future, with cap implications. Demar was not good his last year here. At best, he was average. Regardless of what a PFF numb it might say.

You’re right. He was very average.

Most teams would be thrilled with an average OL starter, yet alone a back up.

Gimme dot!

• Jahhmmon

Participant

I see no value in bringing Dotson. He may be average and not a liability but why not draft someone for cheap and with much higher upside and will last years? Creed, Dickerson, Meinerz, all good value. Imagine that line with Gronk and OJ blocking

• JC5100

Participant

1. A 1st or 2nd rounder can easily take Cappa’s job
      2. Bucs had 700 snaps from backup offensive linemen last year.
      3. How can you watch what the Bucs did to the Packer and Chiefs backup offensive lines and not be on board with OL early.
      4. Jensen and Cappa are both UFA in 2022.

• The Freeman

Participant

could have been an option if Wells new one-year deal didn’t have any guaranteed money.

+ perfect draft to pick OL (good class) when your biggest need is a 3rd edge rusher.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Here we go with the “arguing to argue” guy. Your posts lately have been fairly lame lately. Sorry not sorry.

Gimme dot!

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Here we go with the “arguing to argue” guy. Your posts lately have been fairly lame lately. Sorry not sorry.

Gimme dot!

Lol?

I made a post.

I want demar dotson.

Im not here to argue. Im here to state my opinion.

Nothing more Nothing less.

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

I wonder about the criticism of Cappa.

In 2020 he had 1020 snaps

2 penalities and
      0 sacks

On the fan voted only, he was voted to the pro bowl for 2021.

Cappa has spent a couple of summers going to an OL school in Calif,
      and each year he has gotten better,
      so he may be even better in 2021 than in 2020.

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

• Roy

Participant

A few veterans is a good thing, but too many can be a recipe for disaster. Tom Brady -good. JPP and Suh- OK let roll with that. But you need to balance those veterans and bring in some younger, fresher legs. Now everybody wants to sign the veteran FAs out there who may have one last hurrah, but maybe they already had their last hurrah. You don’t want your team to turn into the over the hill gang. SO I’d stay away from guys like Dotson or Gerald McCoy or any more of the seasoned veterans who maybe have a little too much seasoning. Try to find the younger unknown guys in the draft or off practice squads rather than sign guys on their last legs. The Bucs have been able to do that pretty well in the past with Nacho, Brate, Stinnie. Or you can hit on those Day 3 draft picks like Whitehead or Miller. That’s how we have to fill out this roster, not with the aging vets.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.