Viewing 70 reply threads

• Author

• Ramonb

Participant

Anyone else leary of us picking this guy.  Guys can’t unlearn  melting under pressure or staring down recievers…and that’s 2 things on every one of his scouting reports.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I genuinely feeling sick to my stomach when he’s mentioned going to the Bucs.Don't want him at all...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i wonder if tedford, arroyo and lovie read the same reports?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d rather keep Glennon then give Carr a shot. Both Qbs melt under pressure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope this is a “Mo Clairborne” issue.Some expectation for us to take Carr, based on an ex-coach of his being on our staff!No Thanks-- "PASS!!!!!"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It would immediately derail all the great things they’ve done this offseason so far

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d be ok with any of the QBs in this draft…….if taken in the 3rd round or later. None are worth being taken in the first two rounds.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im fine with Carr in the 2nd.  At 7, huge mistake.  Mostly short passes in a gimmick offense.  He might turn out to be great, but the only time he played against decent talent he got embarrassed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im fine with Carr in the 2nd.  At 7, huge mistake.  Mostly short passes in a gimmick offense.  He might turn out to be great, but the only time he played against decent talent he got embarrassed.

I don’t get that.  you are either good enough to be our starting qb or you are not.  if you are you are worth going 7th in the draft.  if you are not you aren’t worth wasting a 2nd on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't get that.  you are either good enough to be our starting qb or you are not.  if you are you are worth going 7th in the draft.  if you are not you aren't worth wasting a 2nd on.

What dont you get?  I dont like him at 7.  I dont think he is ready to start in the NFL.  If he happens to fall to us in the 2nd, I am fine with that pick, but ultimately I dont want any of these QBs not named Teddy

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

because there really isn’t much gray area when it comes to QBs.  if they fall on one side they are priceless.  if they fall on the other they are worthless.  so it doesn’t matter where we draft Carr or any other QB.  it will either end up being a great pick or a horrible one.  and Carr wont be avail. in the 2nd so if we want him we will have to take him in the first.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone watch “The Brady 6” on NFL network?  Basically went over the 6 QBs taken in the draft ahead of Brady and how Brady looked at the combine and his scouting report.  Even if you hate Brady, it’s actually a pretty good show.  Based on that, while I personally am not 100% sold on Carr, I won't take his scouting report as gospel and be too concerned with what is in it.  If the coaching staff thinks he's the future for the team, then draft him when you think you can get him. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the Brady 6 was pretty good.  and we don’t really know what the real scouting depts. of NFL teams think of Carr.  we will find out in two months.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ill say this.  have no idea if he will become a franchise qb.  no one on this board does.  but at least he has all the physical talent you look for and is a very mature hard working dedicated leader.  you could do a lot worse for a raw template than him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone else leary of us picking this guy.  Guys can't unlearn  melting under pressure or staring down recievers...and that's 2 things on every one of his scouting reports.

Glennon has a ton more upside than Carr. That's the evaluation our staff has to make but when true Bucs fans, not trolls, are down on Mike Glennon, particularly in favor of anyone in this draft class, I really scratch my head.  Say what you want about Schiano, he was dead right about Glennon, kid is going to be a great QB in the league soon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

glennon doesn’t have his arm strength or athleticism but some how in your mind Glennon has more upside.  okie dokie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon struggles running to his left and throwing on the run from the left.  Carr has no problem moving from the pocket to his left and throwing on the run from that side.Carr's weakness is clear in that he needs to improve his pocket awareness but he isn't going to take many sacks.  Carr has a quick release like Jimmy G but is also athletic enough to evade but he doesn't do it enough.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

glennon doesn't have his arm strength or athleticism but some how in your mind Glennon has more upside.  okie dokie.

That's what's great about this board. If you support your team you get killed.  Glennon's arm strength is better than any QB coming out this year.  If you think otherwise you are just being dumb.  Sure Carr's more athletic but he's more athletic than Peyton and Brady as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

glennon doesn't have his arm strength or athleticism but some how in your mind Glennon has more upside.  okie dokie.

That's what's great about this board. If you support your team you get killed.  Glennon's arm strength is better than any QB coming out this year. If you think otherwise you are just being dumb.  Sure Carr's more athletic but he's more athletic than Peyton and Brady as well.

Lulz no.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cue someone to bring up that pointless pass velocity drill…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's what's great about this board. If you support your team you get killed. 

so you aren't in favor of upgrading any postions on this team from last year because that's not supporting our guys?  there isn't a single team in the NFL that would trade for Glennon as their starter.  you cant win in this league with a bottom tier QB.  who knows if any of these prospects become upper tier QBs but not trying is not an option.  until we find our guy we will never contend.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's what's great about this board. If you support your team you get killed. 

so you aren't in favor of upgrading any postions on this team from last year because that's not supporting our guys?  there isn't a single team in the NFL that would trade for Glennon as their starter.  you cant win in this league with a bottom tier QB.  who knows if any of these prospects become upper tier QBs but not trying is not an option.  until we find our guy we will never contend.

Why would you think Glennon is a bottom tier QB?  I'm always in favor of an upgrade but QB is not a place that where our team needs it the most.  Defense is how you contend btw - if your dont have a defense you have nothing so I respectfully disagree. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here’s what people know of Carr. They saw the USC game, they read an article from a blog about his YPA, and the think he is just like his older brother. That’s it. I can’t believe the majority of people against selecting him have actually watched Fresno State games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

if we pick Carr, words wont describe how pissed im going to beif he was something like a 4th round pick then whatever but 1st or 2nd round pick on him has disaster written all over it

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This place is going to be a friggin mushroom cloud on draft day. Should be fun.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This place is going to be a friggin mushroom cloud on draft day. Should be fun.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we draft a QB we are saying what Glennon did last year is complete crap.  Glennon works too hard and has too much upside to just cast him aside. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Licht said the team would draft BPA.    i doubt he will be BPA at #7.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone else leary of us picking this guy.  Guys can't unlearn  melting under pressure or staring down recievers...and that's 2 things on every one of his scouting reports.

You guys are privy to professional NFL scouting reports? Every QB coming out has question marks Manziel is to short, Bridgewater has arm strength and accuracy issues, Bortles is green against top notch talent, Carr has to to live down his brothers legacy and some mechanics are in need fine tuning. When all is said and done the Bucs will take a QB in this draft. Who that QB is will be revealed in sometime in early May. Whomever it is I will trust the professionals to make the right choice.

Please wait…

• Stephen J Poplawski

Participant

If you can be an above average starter in the NFL which I think Carr is capable of then you draft him in the 1st RD.  The posters saying Glennon has more upside are just Carr haters.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And why exactly do you trust what they say?

Please wait…

• Stephen J Poplawski

Participant

If the Bucs are going QB in the 1st, the pick will be Carr even if TB, Bortles, or Manziel are still on the board.  Carr is a Tedford student.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Bucs are going QB in the 1st, the pick will be Carr even if TB, Bortles, or Manziel are still on the board.  Carr is a Tedford student.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ4TVTUmYSo

i wasnt able to watch the youtube – was it about carr being a tedford student?  if so, i will find a way to watch it.  as i posted in the fab5, i would like more info on carr/tedford.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tedford is incapable if being familiar with another quarterback?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because they clearly signed McCown so they wouldn't have to reach. If they planned on reaching for QB regardless , they wouldn't have bothered. Their whole offseason strategy has been to prevent themselves from being pigeon-holed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trust?  Fair point.  Licht could be just giving out some lip service.  Maybe the team already knows exactly who they're targeting.  I wouldn't trust him or anyone enough to put my house on the line but I like the direction that the team is going.Truth is that nobody knows how good any of these rookies will be or who exactly will be there when the Bucs are on the clock!I just hope that the #1 pick turns out to be a big-time difference maker. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d like to think that Tedford knows more about what to look for in a QB prospect than we do. Until he proves me wrong, I’m going to give him the benefir of the doubt. If he picks Carr, I’m good with it, so long as it’s not with out #7 pick. He will likely be there when we pick again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can someone please answer why everyone thinks Tedford was his coach?Tedford:1989–1991 Calgary Stampeders (OA)1992 Fresno State (QB)1993–1997 Fresno State (OC/QB)1998–2001 Oregon (OC/QB)2002–2012 California2014–present Tampa Bay Buccaneers (OC)Where in the 10 years at Cal did Tedford coach Derek Carr?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr will be the best QB from this draft…  as long as the game is played in shorts and non-contact jerseys

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That is how the current NFL game is played.That is why Carr and Manziel can succeed immediately while Garcia had to tide his time in the CFL for a while. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m fine rolling into next year with Glennon and McCown, but if we do take one of these top QBs I would go with Carr.  The more of his tape I watch and the more of his interviews I see the more I like him.  I think he is humble and has his head on straight.  His older brother helps him a bunch.  He gets flack for being in a dink and dunk system this year, but if you look at previous stuff the guy can throw.  He has great mobility but is a QB first.  I think he has a high upside in the right situation.  He is a heck of a leader on the field too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Probably my number 5 or 6 QB.  (bridgewater, broyles, garoppolo, manziel, mettenberger, carr, savage)But this guy, especially this guy, will need at least a year (maybe more) holding a clipboard with Arroyo, McCown and Tedford to realize any potential he may have.No way does Smith let a project out there early.JMHO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can someone please answer why everyone thinks Tedford was his coach?Tedford:1989–1991 Calgary Stampeders (OA)1992 Fresno State (QB)1993–1997 Fresno State (OC/QB)1998–2001 Oregon (OC/QB)2002–2012 California2014–present Tampa Bay Buccaneers (OC)Where in the 10 years at Cal did Tedford coach Derek Carr?

He's never officially been his coach, but he's considered a close friend of the Carr family (since he coached David Carr - though that was actually short-lived) and he's worked with Derek Carr before, as recently as this fall. I think these things can be overblown - remember last year that Marrone passed on Ryan Nassib despite him being linked all the time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Exactly, familiarity can cut both ways. He may know/understand Carr’s flaws in a way others don’t. I don’t think the connection means anything. They are not going to draft a guy just to draft one. Licht, Lovie, Tedford their futures all depend on getting the QB spot right. This ain’t charity.

Please wait…

• gehop83

Participant

Carr will be the best QB from this draft...  as long as the game is played in shorts and non-contact jerseys

I can see Carr being the first QB drafted.  He will blow everyone away with his Pro Day and team work outs.  Unlike TB/Bortles/JFF, Carr has a real NFL caliber arm and can actually sling the rock.  The other QBs need to do some more arm curls because they are severely lacking arm strength.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Carr is a little underrated as well. If the Bucs had fewer holes, and could contend for the division without getting someone who could contribute this year, I’d be fun with Carr at the top of the 1st.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Carr is a little underrated as well. If the Bucs had fewer holes, and could contend for the division without getting someone who could contribute this year, I'd be fun with Carr at the top of the 1st.

the bucs have eliminated most of their major holes imo for the time being.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

35 year old journeyman Jake McCown is our starting QB and you want to talk about bigger holes to fill?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

35 year old journeyman Jake McCown is our starting QB and you want to talk about bigger holes to fill?

The fact that you got his name wrong (and not even call him his brother) says everything about how dreadful our QB situation is.McCown blows but taking Carr would be like going into a season with Byron Leftwich and hoping Josh Freeman can ever take over

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh yeah. Josh.  Knew it started with a J.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here's what people know of Carr. They saw the USC game, they read an article from a blog about his YPA, and the think he is just like his older brother. That's it. I can't believe the majority of people against selecting him have actually watched Fresno State games.

Ive watched summed up games like this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFtuTb9OYZIDoesnt that count? Its every pass attempt in the game. This particular one im pretty sure starts out nice, but then its pretty much < 5 yard pass attempts the rest of the game.

Please wait…

• gehop83

Participant

You can’t really fault him for running his team’s offensive system.  I consider all his short passes as hand offs.  I’ve also noticed that his receivers have the dropsies because they can’t handle the heat when Carr has to zip it.  Especially Burse and Peck.  Even Adams has the dropsies on bullets.  The only sure handed receiver was Josh Harper and when he went down for the rest of the season in the 1st Qtr of the San Jose St. game Fresno’s offense wasn’t as efficient and was out of sync.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fairly similar to the Mo Mo Claiborne and Taylor Mays situations…If Tedford isn't interested, then no one should be.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If this kid goes in the first round then I would say that he is OVERRATED. No thanks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr is just bad under pressure. And has bad footwork and tends to lean back as he throws. These two things are probably closely related. But at least he has the body to play pro ball unlike Twiggy Glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr is just bad under pressure. And has bad footwork and tends to lean back as he throws. These two things are probably closely related. But at least he has the body to play pro ball unlike Twiggy Glennon.

Well...hell...lets trade up for him then.  He has the body!!!

Please wait…

• Stephen J Poplawski

Participant

For those of you who think Carr only throws screens check out the video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEpRZXUGeog

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/130964/derek-carrScouts Inc.'s Todd McShay has a fourth-round grade on Fresno State QB Derek Carr.McShay also labeled Carr the biggest risk of the quarterback group since people are mentioning him in the first-round. "I don't see it," McShay began. "60 percent of his throws within five yards of the line of scrimmage, struggles against pressure and that tape I watched against USC, that is not a quarterback, to me, that looks like a potential starter in the league." It can be difficult to separate quarterbacks from systems, and Carr's inability to fire in the face of a pass rush has been well documented in the form of poor balance, but we still expect him to be, at worst, an early second-round pick. Mar 24 - 1:38 PM

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is something about Carr that says, to me, he is going to be a good QB if he sits for a year or two. I have seen reports that say there are several NFL teams in the top ten that like Carr over Bridgewater. We will see what happens but if the Bucs do decide they want him in the first, then I hope we can trade down a little to pick another pick up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He should drop a round just for wearing those shoes.Bj1VzV2IcAErKDj.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fairly similar to the Mo Mo Claiborne and Taylor Mays situations...If Tedford isn't interested, then no one should be.

Who said he wasn't interested in him and whose to say he wont be overruled?  The DB coach actually wanted MoMo.  Pounded on the table for him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In case anyone missed this….http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/45952/349/out-of-the-box?pg=1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Derek Carr expected to work out for Browns on MondayBrian Hoyer says that last year’s torn ACL isn’t going to hold him back in a quarterback competition against whoever the Browns bring in to face off against him and the team is reportedly starting the process of finding that player on Monday.Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr will be in for a private workout with the team on Monday. Carr is the first of this year’s draft prospects to pay a visit to the Browns, who have raised some eyebrows by passing on pro day workouts and combine interviews with the top prospects.Any cost associated with missing those opportunities is mitigated by the time the Browns will have to visit with Carr, Johnny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater and any one else they want to meet with before draft day rolls around. Even before the meeting, Browns coach Mike Pettine knows he likes Carr’s arm.“I think he’s the best natural thrower as far as arm strength and when you’re just looking at the guy, natural thrower, in the draft,” Pettine said. “(He’s) very physically gifted. And a lot of times it’s hard to bet against the family history as well. You’re talking about like a Jake Matthews that it’s the old ‘don’t bet against the genetics.’ I think he certainly falls into that category as well.”Carr’s name hasn’t been mentioned in relation to the top picks in the draft as often as some of the other prospects, but the Browns have a slew of picks beyond the fourth overall selection and could use them to maneuver into position for Carr even if they opt to go in another direction with their top choice.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They should take him 4th to make sure they get him.. lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As you know, I am anti-QB in this draft.  If you are on the side of Carr I would really love to know how or why?  I can almost see why with some of the others (Bortles size, Bridgewater accuracy, Manziel excitement factor)  How is Carr in the discussion?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope Carr is in Cleveland’s plans. I jokingly said they should take him 4th. That would definitely help us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope Carr is in Cleveland's plans. I jokingly said they should take him 4th. That would definitely help us.

That would be bananas. Would make the draft for me. But the Browns can't possible have that many consecutive regimes be so unbelievably stupid.....can they?

Please wait…

• twinview

So Carr will start for the Raiders week one. This has nothing to do with Schaub’s injury and they say Carr is their guy going forward. Bold. Should be fun to watch.Has anyone else thought about the fact that Matt Schaub took David Carr's job when he replaced him as starting QB in Houston, and now Derek Carr just took Schaub's job as starting QB in Oakland? The circle is complete.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr will be a great QB in this league. Book it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Has anyone else thought about the fact that Matt Schaub took David Carr's job when he replaced him as starting QB in Houston, and now Derek Carr just took Schaub's job as starting QB in Oakland? The circle is complete.

Definitely ironic.

Please wait…

• twinview

Carr will be a great QB in this league. Book it.

We'll see. He looked good in preseason, but I still think he is going to crumble under pressure when he faces 1st string defenses that are actually scheming in regular season games. I would predict he is either hurt or benched by week 6 and Schaub is back out there under center. Or maybe McGloin, who might actually be the best QB on their roster.

Please wait…

Viewing 70 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.