Viewing 12 reply threads

• Author

• CalicoJack55

Participant

https://vine.co/v/eFIM1XneHeXNeed to keep the game close to be able to run the ball.  But, Marpet and Lane looked good on this play.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep – I remember that play. I think he’s going to be a very good player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m with you, CK55.  THAT is how you help Winston succeed.  Do THAT 30-35 times a game.  Run it down the opposing D’s throat, and use your own stifling defense to keep the game close.  Unfortunately, I’m not sure this team has it in them.  Based on Sunday, it looks like Winston will be playing from behind and under extreme duress, and the run game that looks so solid on that play will be an afterthought.  But, I’m with you that I would love to see that as the focal point while our QB gets acclimated.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Get em Ali

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t like seeing the Bucs win the coin flip… then deferring.  With the defense playing like it does, I want to see the other team’s offense sitting on the bench for the first 5 minutes of the game clock…Run it when it's 0-0 on the scoreboard !

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep, helping EDS out. Watch EDS get bent over backwards at the end lolMarpet is a keeper

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Marpet gets to the second level at ease and he is bringing the hammer. This should be a run first team based on our strengths as a OL. The only player who probably can’t win his 1v1 on a run block is EDS. Gosder is solid in the run but tremendously trash in pass protection. Need to set Winston up with some easy throws and convertible situations.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Doug Martin looks so much faster and agile this year. I completely wrote him off last year, and rightfully so. But he did what he needed to do to turn it around and I respect that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep. With a slow QB, having a run game that strikes fear in the opponent is crucial. With Mariota, less so as he has the rep as a dangerous runner himself. No doubt the Titans will avoid that most of the time, but other teams will prepare for it just like the Bucs did…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

https://vine.co/v/eFIM1XneHeXNeed to keep the game close to be able to run the ball.  But, Marpet and Lane looked good on this play.

this is why I know we have talentwhat we don't have is a coach capable of maximizing it

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie HAS to go, no question.Winston? Well, in truth, its too early. However, he was not known for being terribly accurate predraft, had bad footwork, and he takes waaay too many chances.That was the same winston. Nfl field.So winston will more than likely rg3 his way out of here quickly, and thats probably when the healing starts. We'll see.But ali, i like. Hes looking pretty good for a guy from a smaller school. All motor, seems pretty strong, and also looks like he will be a help in the running game.Actually, and I've wanted to mention this. If i compiled list of positions from bad to good, the oline wouldnt actually be at the top for once. Defense and qb would get that honor.They werent great, or even good, but they sure didnt make it any worse than anyone else did. And werent as bad as i thought they would be either. I expected a crab massacre.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have to agree that the O’line played better than I expected. Even in pass pro they did well. Winston struggles with resetting to get off a pass once he is forced off his initial spot, due to his slow-footedness. Most pressure applied is evaded by NFL QBs. Titans did not get that much pressure, IMO, which is a credit for our beleaguered O’line….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks for posting

Please wait…

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.