Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 11 reply threads

• Author

• RayJayinTBay

Participant

Bowles interviewing with Atlanta and now…Detroit.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2021/1/9/22222258/detroit-lions-expected-to-meet-with-todd-bowles

• This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by RayJayinTBay.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Great, take him

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Oh right, it was against their backup qb and scouting dept coaching that the defense looked good….on your bike bowels.

• Lord Nemesis

Participant

Please hire him

• dalbuc

Participant

Oh no, please, please do not take him away. He is SOOOOOOOOO vital to our success, stop, don’t take him…..

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Think he’ll get a lot of volunteers to help him pack. We’ll all pitch in for gas money. So frustrating.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

But but biggs showed me a bunch of stats & rankings that the Bucs have one of the leagues best defenses! No way they let an injured midget XFL qb score 23 on them!

• Mic

Participant

Things is we can probably do a lot worse than Bowles which I’m scared of. Those mobile qbs rip Bowles a new one each time

• BucBalla85

Participant

They make some timely plays..but they get beat more than anyone would like to admit.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by BucBalla85.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

If you hire bowles you must take leftwich as well.

Combo deal.

• Vance

Participant

I don’t understand why you guys dislike him so much. You have to play zone because the corners are so bad in coverage. I do agree that he stays in the zone to long and he needs to switch it up a little but I sure wouldn’t stay in man. Not with this secondary.

• dalbuc

Participant

The corners are bad in zone, they are better in man. We stayed in zone. We were getting almost no pressure from 4 man front and we did almost nothing to adjust. We were getting eaten alive by a running QB and did nothing to contain or spy him.

You might think the plan was play soft, don’t give up anything easy and make Whoever their QB was play perfect to beat you marching down the field. That is likely defensible except the have seen him play this sort of soft zone while getting no pressure way too often even against competent QBs.

I don’t understand why you guys dislike him so much. You have to play zone because the corners are so bad in coverage. I do agree that he stays in the zone to long and he needs to switch it up a little but I sure wouldn’t stay in man. Not with this secondary.

• Bucman

Participant

Because it’s soft zone and we aren’t jamming WRs. Letting them have free release it’s killing our DBs. I think we play much better in man because our CBS are athletic but get lost when multiple guys enter their zone.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.