Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 56 reply threads

• Author

• garfield

Participant

More sacks in this game than Josh Allen has all season.

• Anonymous

Inactive

But pro bowls doe

• tampaspicer

Participant

LMAO

• theknees

Participant

He was the right pick last year and he’s the right pick now. As solid a defensive culture guy as you will find.

• JC5100

Participant

Again, we didn’t draft him tackle Carr on scrambles. But it makes for good highlights that fit the Devin White agenda. He’s an F coverage LB.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Again, we didn’t draft him tackle Carr on scrambles. But it makes for good highlights that fit the Devin White agenda. He’s an F coverage LB.

A massive upgrade over Kwon tho

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

A massive upgrade over Kwon.

In all fairness, that isn’t saying much.

• tampaspicer

Participant

I think he has improved from last year. Maybe he will get better and do the same next year.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

I think he has improved from last year. Maybe he will get better and do the same next year.

He’s a flaming dumpster in coverage. That’s nothing new.

But, his athleticism is insane. If he could get the coverage and football IQ improved; he’s a perennial All-Pro.

• garfield

Participant

He’s a flaming dumpster in coverage. That’s nothing new.

But, his athleticism is insane. If he could get the coverage and football IQ improved; he’s a perennial All-Pro.

Exactly. White’s potential ability far outweighs that off Josh Allen. Josh Allen is just another guy at DE. If White reaches his full ability, his ceiling is limitless. Dude is a once in a generation athlete at LB.

• JC5100

Participant

Sure, but last year he had a game he gave up 11 completions and another where he gave up a long TD to an offensive tackle.

The weakness of this defense right now edge rushers and White getting lost in coverage, so not exactly high level thinking to make a White > Allen thread

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

I’m liking the pick more and more.

But imagine if he could pass cover.

• garfield

Participant

Sure, but last year he had a game he gave up 11 completions and another where he gave up a long TD to an offensive tackle.

The weakness of this defense right now edge rushers and White getting lost in coverage, so not exactly high level thinking to make a White > Allen thread

Allen has done nothing this season.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Dude is a once in a generation athlete at LB.

Dude has very similar trending and averaged numbers as Kwon (Kwon actually being better in coverage/Devin better at getting to the QB).

Like I said, hope he gets better. But, he’s nowhere near what LVD was at this juncture in their respective careers.

I won’t even bother bringing up positional value, as it’s been beaten to death.

White is a Buc. I’m pulling for him to get better where it matters most.

• Bucman

Participant

Im not sure he will ever be a great coverage LBer. He looks lost in coverage. But to be fair hes still kinda new to the LBer position. Wasn’t he like a RB or something at LSU early on?

• Mic

Participant

F in coverage needs to know what to do in space and learn route concepts so he knows what the offense is trying to do

• Barnz1

Participant

White was integral to the win and some clowns still going on about coverage SMH. He was amazing, was flying around, 3 sacks, TFL. Bullied the Raiders.

Lavonte gave up 2 direct TD’s in coverage today and…I have not heard a peep. Who cares? We won and our LB’ers overall played great.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

@Donkey_Hunter wrote:

LVD has been playing at perennial All-Pro level for years and still isn’t recognized as one annually. He’s been recognized once as a First Team All Pro, but that was in 2013 with Schiano as head coach.

White’s improved his run defense a bit, but his spying on the QB and blitzes are on another level this year. I still want his coverage game to improve, but that may take some time. Even LVD got burnt against the Raiders if you make him turn and run. All LB’s will lose that match-up if you make them turn-and-run as opposed to sitting back and watching the QB’s eyes. They’re not DB’s for a reason. With that said, I still want White to improve, but it’s difficult to improve if you’re trailing (turn-and-run) due to how he’s used in this defense.

Instead of improving pass coverage, I’d want the coaches to tell both ILB’s to redirect the routes within the first five yards of the scrimmage line if we’re going to be playing tight on coverage.

On AWJ’s INT off of a tip, it was S Edwards on that turn-and-run coverage (trailer) to cause that deflection tip.

I’m just glad the Raiders went away from throwing down the middle against either LVD or White with their game plan to remove the safety from the middle of the field to give the LB no coverage help. Or run a bunch of wheel routes like the Bears did against us.

Yes, White needs to improve coverage when forced into a turn-and-run. Yet, in sitting in the zone waiting for the pass while spying on the QB, White’s becoming very instinctual. An ILB’s first priority is stopping the run. We do that well. Next is either pass rush or pass coverage. White’s got 2 out of 3 right now. Let’s hope he does improve his coverage.

I was down on White earlier in the season, pointing out how he abandons his assigned lane for the splash stop, but in doing so opened a huge lane for the opposing RB. He’s improved. I’ll take that for now. As long as he’s showing progress.

As for Kwon comparison, Kwon would have missed the sack and miss stopping Carr on 4th-n-1 by the sidelines. So please, let’s not go there.

• Nobody

Participant

White was integral to the win and some clowns still going on about coverage SMH. He was amazing, was flying around, 3 sacks, TFL. Bullied the Raiders.

Lavonte gave up 2 direct TD’s in coverage today and…I have not heard a peep. Who cares? We won and our LB’ers overall played great.

With respect, it should be pretty trivially inferred why no one brings up LVD’s two coverage losses today:

1) LVD has an 8 year resume of being one of the top 3 coverage LBs in the entire NFL. He’s one of the greatest coverage LBs in NFL history.

2) The fact that he is as good as he is in Coverage is the reason why everyone isn’t losing their minds at the catching staff for allowing for two absolutely ridiculous mismatches in coverage (1v1 with no help against one of the best Slot receivers in the game out of an exchanged release Bunch? Waller 1v1 on the goal-line with 0 help? Most CBs in the NFL have no chance there).

Its not remotely hypocritical to not decry LVD’s coverage on those two plays (and the coverage on Waller was excellent, despite the completion). It would be absolutely absurd (with respect to the composite of facts available to us) to come down on LVD for those two snaps.

• Barnz1

Participant

With respect, it should be pretty trivially inferred why no one brings up LVD’s two coverage losses today:

1) LVD has an 8 year resume of being one of the top 3 coverage LBs in the entire NFL. He’s one of the greatest coverage LBs in NFL history.

2) The fact that he is as good as he is in Coverage is the reason why everyone isn’t losing their minds at the catching staff for allowing for two absolutely ridiculous mismatches in coverage (1v1 with no help against one of the best Slot receivers in the game out of an exchanged release Bunch? Waller 1v1 on the goal-line with 0 help? Most CBs in the NFL have no chance there).

Its not remotely hypocritical to not decry LVD’s coverage on those two plays (and the coverage on Waller was excellent, despite the completion). It would be absolutely absurd (with respect to the composite of facts available to us) to come down on LVD for those two snaps.

Yes no doubt. He is not at major fault, but he still lost in coverage even if put in unfavorable matchups. He was a step slow to react on both plays.

I am not coming down on for it. Just pointing out double standards and if White was in the same circumstances people would come down on him.

• Mic

Participant

If White wasn’t a glaring weakness as SMB a lot of people wouldn’t care. But seeing third long be converted all throughout the year because of those two guys it’s hard to ignore.

The two weakest links are SMB and White in coverage.

It’s not hard adjustments but more situational awareness and understanding what to do in zone. If white and SMB m fixes it this year those opening drives vs GB and Oak get shutdown

• Nobody

Participant

Just to be clear on what the thought process of your claim seems to be:

a) Coverage Losses should be brought up without regard for context nor the history/resume of the involved parties.

b) LVD lost twice in Coverage today and they were TDs.

c) No one brought these up.

As a result, your premise seems to be

d) There is a double standard among observers who lament White’s Coverage Losses.

======================

This looks to me to be a non sequitur.

The difference in standard isn’t created by the invocation or lack of invocation by the observing party.

The difference in standard is created by the composite of:

* The context (which I brought up above)
      * The history/resumes of the involved parties

The difference in standards isn’t an artifact of observer bias. The difference in standards exists objectively. One player has a deep resume of Coverage proficiency and, as such, gets put in coverage asks that virtually no other LB in the league would even dream of being put into by their coaches. The other player has a resume of lack of Coverage proficiency and isn’t tasked with difficult coverage asks.

As such, the actual oddity would be invoking LVD’s Coverage Losses at all…but particularly to someone lamenting White’s Coverage issues as something inherent and insidious to our defense and relevant to the conversation. Its CLEAR that LVD’s Coverage is NOT a weakness of our defense and NOT a latent problem waiting to manifest badly at a key moment…with all the knock-on effects that come with that manifestation.

If the robustness of a home’s construction is the issue at hand, and a person is making a decision over a wood-framed or concrete masonry home in an area prone to EF 2 tornadoes or CAT 2 hurricanes…the only time you bring up the 1 in 10,000 time a concrete masonry home has failed under such wind-load (oh…and by the way…it failed because the concrete’s chemistry was compromised due to additives or foreign agents or improper mixing) is if you’re a lumber saleseman.

Hopefully that is more clear. Let me bring it back to football, our team, and its present condition:

Lamenting SMB’s coverage failures and not lamenting CD3’s coverage failures (given the present state of our defense) is a logical, non-partisan outgrowth of the data available to us. You can sub White for SMB and sub LVD for CD3 and it applies similarly (though even more strongly as LVD has 250 % of the career history that CD3 does).

• Anonymous

Inactive

And people will believe it ^^^^

Lol

• Nobody

Participant

Lol

Yes. People that believe in empirical evidence, causal chains, and reason.

We are all very well acquainted with the fact that you are not one of those people. You peacock your ignorance and obsession with me at literally every opportunity. If I was your friend I’d take you aside and tell you its embarrassing. The only thing worse than ignorance is assertive, aggressive, flamboyant ignorance.

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

I get the fact he’s not elite in coverage but plz tell me who in the blue hell can cover that beast the Raiders have at TE?… the guy can’t be covered at all so before y’all start going crazy give the kid a break… 2nd year LB playing at the level he’s playing, I’ll take it everyday and twice on sundays..

• Pennywise

Participant

Gave up 2 TDs ,a cpl missed tackles

I’ll say LVD had a really rough day.its ok to say it.

SMB is my biggest concern on D ,hes playing scared and uptight

• theknees

Participant

This is wrong.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

This is wrong.

In other words, he’s 100% correct.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Dalbuc brought up how strong white’s hands are, and after watching him make a few tackles using his hands and nothing else, it is very remarkable how strong his mitts are…just flinging guys to the ground…

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

Just also keep in mind the context of all the scenarios surrounding the pick as well. If we’re searching to fit narratives The fact we passed on Fred Warner for MJ Stewart with one LB set post 2018 (Kwon was to be a FA, Beckwith out). Thus FORCING a need at LB, helped in the decision.
      Keep in mind you had NO Shaq Barrett yet and JPP was still an unknown. Coming off an off year with NYG. Allen was a DE , SEC DPOY.

Now what if Shaq didn’t flash and JPP wasn’t able to return post car wreck? Where’s the pressure from just the front four? I still can’t guarantee our guys in just rushing four can consistently get home.

I love what Devin White brings. Fastest missile at LB in the NFL. It’s an attitude, a demeanor that Suh and him both bring that we sorely lacked. With this Bucs D every guy feeds off each other. He’s the catalyst/leader in the middle. He is a truck downhill, if some of us knew he would be a pass rusher from the inside and have Joey Porter type impact? I don’t think Allen would have been the pick some thought was needed. If you said hey this is not just a 120 Tkl guy but will be used to get 8-10 sacks? He’d probably be a Raider.

Now again, if playing shoulda, coulda, woulda- Would Fred Warner/ Josh Allen be a better combo for next FIVE yrs than White/JPP ?? That’s how I’ll forever see the building of this team and it’s effect on the White/Allen pick.
      Yesterday Romo kept saying that Warner is the best LB in the league. He’s aware of our guys and still goes to bat for him. I complained enough two yrs ago about MJ Stewart over CD3/ Warner who should have been the picks of the second round that year to last a lifetime. Was Evans a bad pick over Aaron Donald? I think White/Allen will both be very good players.
      I believe once Devin White chased Carson down in Sea last year every Buc fan should have realized we made a good decision. I don’t think it’s fair to attack Allen however. I mean he’s got zero help in Jacksonville 🤢.

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

I agree, not as clean of a game as we are use to seeing from David. I actually assume one of the missed tackles was White and was surprised it was 54.

It’s possible that White will always just be mediocre/average in coverage. I would hope his recognition would get better with him learning and communicating with David.

I know it gets mentioned nonstop, but there is no denying his speed is elite and what truly helps him stand out. I can’t remember seeing that kind of closing speed from any LB in a long time.

I disagree with whomever said that he wasn’t brought in to chase Carr out on 4th down.

That firmly slammed the door shut on the game. That’s what your leaders on defense should do.

He was a difference maker yesterday.

That being said he seems to be reading into his own hype. He cockiness is seeming to grow leaps and bounds. He said something last weekin the interview about like “those boys don’t belong on the same field as us” :(

He has always been one of my favorite young Bucs, I’d love for him to tone down that bravado a bit.

• Biggs3535

Participant

For the record, there were multiple posters that brought up how David didn’t have a good day in coverage and didn’t look like himself in the Gameday thread. When it becomes an issue in every single game, like it has been for White, I’m sure you’ll start seeing threads about it.

• Bucman

Participant

Lavonte was bad in all aspects yesterday. But he was covering one of the best TEs in football too.

White had zero instincts in the passing game. Hopefully he starts to get a feel for it better

• Boid Fink

Participant

Yeah. Confidence is one thing. Handing out bulletin board quotes is another.

I agree, not as clean of a game as we are use to seeing from David. I actually assume one of the missed tackles was White and was surprised it was 54.

It’s possible that White will always just be mediocre/average in coverage. I would hope his recognition would get better with him learning and communicating with David.

I know it gets mentioned nonstop, but there is no denying his speed is elite and what truly helps him stand out. I can’t remember seeing that kind of closing speed from any LB in a long time.

I disagree with whomever said that he wasn’t brought in to chase Carr out on 4th down.

That firmly slammed the door shut on the game. That’s what your leaders on defense should do.

He was a difference maker yesterday.

That being said he seems to be reading into his own hype. He cockiness is seeming to grow leaps and bounds. He said something last weekin the interview about like “those boys don’t belong on the same field as us” :(

He has always been one of my favorite young Bucs, I’d love for him to tone down that bravado a bit.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol

Yes. People that believe in empirical evidence, causal chains, and reason.

We are all very well acquainted with the fact that you are not one of those people. You peacock your ignorance and obsession with me at literally every opportunity. If I was your friend I’d take you aside and tell you its embarrassing. The only thing worse than ignorance is assertive, aggressive, flamboyant ignorance.

Not just believe it, it’ll be scripture to some of these people!

Bravo, Sir.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Bravo, Sir.

With all due respect, you have yet to discredit anything he’s posted with anything resembling a logical viewpoint. No stats. No metrics. No analytics. Nothing.

I get that you may not like the message, but why constantly attack the messenger?

• Nobody

Participant

Bravo, Sir.

With all due respect, you have yet to discredit anything he’s posted with anything resembling a logical viewpoint. No stats. No metrics. No analytics. Nothing.

I get that you may not like the message, but why constantly attack the messenger?

Agreed.

But he’s not just attacking my integrity. He’s attacking everyone’s integrity here. Its this really unfair and unsubstantiated claim that people on here just reflexively acquiesce to my position on all things football/Buccaneers.

Its just not true. And its clearly not true if you’ve been around here for any length of time. Plenty of people disagree with me and even disagree with vigor. And I’ve been proven wrong in my position on certain things (and have had to correct and was glad to do it).

But for some reason he’s just all-in on this idea that somehow I’m this anti-Licht firebrand who has come up with this original criticism and people have followed me. Its absurd. Its also absurd that I’m particularly unfair to Licht. I’ve defended a huge number of his moves on here with a ton of research and effort. In fact, I would all but guarantee that there isn’t a single person here that has put in that effort to stick up for and back many of Licht’s moves.

A big mouth, rhetorical device, repetition, and unwarrantedly attacking people’s integrity is a pretty terrible look…but he keeps wearing it so its clearly comfortable.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Finished with all the theatrics?

No ones attacking anyone, criticizing your opinions isn’t attacking you, nobody, nor was I being rude to you, IMO. But I can respect you being cool about it, DH. Thanks

Did I call anyone in this topic names? Is it too much to ask for others be as respectful towards me, how many names did nobody just call me?

I’m sorry I don’t buy your weak sauce excuse for your double standards between white and David, but what I said is 100% true. Others here will absolutely take what you say as scripture, you have Jedi powers of persuasion on most here… again, not an attack what so ever. just a fact

Look man, just cut the bull already, you hold white to this unrealistic ‘shutdown cover’ linebacker standard, that’s totally unheard of, simply because his name isn’t Josh Allen.

There isn’t a linebacker in the game today that fits your expectations of White, admit it.

That’s why every single time a receiver, tightend, or running back is matched up against a linebacker 1vs1 it’s referred to as a mismatch.

So please don’t take this post as me attacking anyone, I’m Just simply trying to discuss the play of a winning football team.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

There isn’t a linebacker in the game today that fits your expectations of White, admit it.

Yes, there he is. He lines up next to White every game.

Nobody (and @nobody) expects Devin to be perfect. Hell, the ones that you may consider “haters” have complimented certain aspects of his play in nearly every game day thread this season.

But, pointing out a glaring weakness in his game is not being a “hater”.

It would be one thing to nitpick him on his deficiencies if he were average to mediocre at them. But, in the case of his coverage issues, he’s been rightfully criticized because he’s been downright awful at them. And, that criticism has come from more than Red Board posters. It’s come from media that covers the team.

And, considering his position rarely gets drafted that high, you expect him to be proficient in coverage considering it’s a passing league.

His athleticism is off the charts, he hits like a freight train, and his speed is elite.

We would simply like to see him get better in the coverage department, considering it’s one of the few leaks in our defense.

Here’s to hoping he gets better at it. Because, if he does, it’s bad news for opponents. Real bad news.

• Barnz1

Participant

Devin White thus far – 1st amongst lbers in sacks (4), 1st amongst lbers in pressures (17), 6th in the NFL for tackles, 7th in the NFL for TFL.

Sit back and enjoy the ride.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Why is this so hard?

White is progressing, which is great. When you take a LB in the top 5, he literally has to be a top 5 LB in the league to justify the selection.

He’s doing what we need him to do near the line. Great. Love it.

He is an absolute liability in coverage. It has to improve.

• JC5100

Participant

Devin White thus far – 1st amongst lbers in sacks (4), 1st amongst lbers in pressures (17), 6th in the NFL for tackles, 7th in the NFL for TFL.

When he gives up another 3rd and 18, this time in January in a close game, will you post meaningless stats and tell everyone to enjoy the ride?

• Handiman1031

Participant

The first TD being credited to David looked to be more of a mistake on Winfield’s part. Looked like he bit on a small head fake Agholor used like he was about to cut left for a post route. Pretty sure that play was supposed to have coverage help over the top for Lavonte.

The Waller TD was going to be hard for most DB’s to cover much less a LB. Lavonte was close to getting a piece of it. Look at the Gronk TD, the defender had pretty great coverage and Gronk still made to play. Great ball placement. Same with the Jimmy Graham TD on Dean in the Bears game. Good TEs are tough to cover one on one in the Endzone.

I can only really remember one time in the game that stood out where LVD over pursued a bit and missed a tackle. The first Devin White sack was partly due to LVD taking away Carr’s checkdown in Jacobs. Be interesting to see an all 22 breakdown of both LBs in this game.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

In doing a lot of scouting previews of White (including lots of video scouting… where you see Delpit do something in a lot of those clips as a sophomore), White looked great in run defense, spying, and was very good in coverage to where QB’s didn’t test him in college. Then in the combine, he was off the charts with his speed when taking into context of his mass. Yet, that all was in college.

In college, White was on a powerhouse team full of future NFL players and he faced offenses where they weren’t elite and the concepts aren’t complex. Still, I thought White looked good in coverage and a beast in run stopping. His blitzing on the QB needed some help as he didn’t finish well, but he’s an ILB and not an OLB. I was on the stump for White at 5th overall because we would eventually need a replacement for LVD and the fact we needed an ILB, regardless if we stayed as a 4-3 defense or a 3-4 defense.

White was meh last year in his rookie year as he relied far too much on his athleticism and eyes than trust his cues and assigned gap. A lot of that can be attributed to him being injured during preseason as well as going through some personal issues, his horse who he treated like a daughter died being moved.

This early season, White again was trusting his eyes and athleticism than playing a team game of being disciplined and staying true to gap assignment. He has improved this aspect of his game, but also is now being instinctive to recognizing when a QB would abandon the pass and run. I like this improvement from White so far. Read @Nobody‘s breakdown of White from this week’s win against the Raiders.

White’s coverage does need to improve, but right now, I’m happy with White becoming a dominant run stopper and QB run neutralizer. The fact he can finish his blitz is actually a vast improvement when compared to his college days as White didn’t finish his blitz to have a great effect or sack.

The NFL is far more complex than college with equal, top-end talent playing with and against you. If White can keep this run neutralizing this high all season, then that’s a definite win as he’s shown progression from year 1 to year 2. Once that part of the game becomes automatic, then, hopefully, he can improve his pass coverage in year 3.

Look at our rush defense for the past two seasons.

Bucs Defense

2019: 73.8 rushing yards allowed per game (1st)
        2020: 66.0 rushing yards allowed per game (1st, 7 games)

If you look at White’s stats, he’s already looking better in 7 games compared to his 13 games last year. Also, White already has 2 PD’s when he had 3 PD’s all of last year. I’ll take little improvement in coverage while he’s improved a lot in the run stopping department. White already surpassed his stats in sacks and stuffed tackles this year in only 7 games. Also, he is 18 solo tackles behind his last year’s solo tackles. White is aiming to obliterate that stat this year.

Again, I’m not discounting White needs to improve his coverage skills, but he’s been looking very good this year compared to his rookie season, which I thought was meh after I was hyped up on him.

• Mic

Participant

3rd and long I kinda expect it to be white or Bunting if it’s converted.

Good thing is we still have 11 weeks left for him to get better. We nitpick white right now because if this team is gonna win a championship we need the best play we can get.White needs to start asking questions and looking for answers as to how he can improve. Few situations I’ve seen him in

Such as when is it ok to vacate the zone? Cover 1 what am I responsible covering? Slants crosses short curls.Ok my safety/cb is playing outside leverage because they know I’m inside. Is he giving 10yards of cushion or 1 yard. If it’s 10 I got to get to my point early and get in the passing lane of the route.Winfield did a great job of this against GB getting us a coverage sack running all the way up from safety position whereas white on the first or second drive of the raiders he gives up a pass to Waller for 10+ because safety is outside leverage 8 yard cushion he fully expected white to be in the throwin lane

Passing situation I’m responsible for the Rb do I go balls to wall blitz or just shade him. answer comes form more film study and knowing what the back likes to do in certain offense like Arians he’s going out for a pass rather than staying in to block. Against a Koetter offense like the falcons they like to stay in and passblock. How he improves, watch a third down reel and focus on what the back likes to do now you can play fast balls to wall blitz or shutdown the rb coming out of the backfield

Bootleg (last year)someone will always go to the flat for a dumpoff te/rb/fb, qb comes up do I go balls to wall at him or play both flat and qb running answer squeeze the flat to the sideline and when it’s right time pursue the qb without leaving the flat open for easy dumpoff

All this is situational football plays off the top of my head how white can improve. Especially knowing when to cover air in a zone or to vacate it to the next closest man. There should be a clock in your head where the rush is coming and he has to get rid of this ball soon. So sometimes you gotta say screw covering air I gotta to get to the next closest guy behind me or in front of me to make the throw harder. GB 3rd and 18

• Captain Hindsight

Participant

His coverage issues can be improved, he’s not slow that’s for sure, he just needs to figure it out mentally.

• Nobody

Participant

The first TD being credited to David looked to be more of a mistake on Winfield’s part. Looked like he bit on a small head fake Agholor used like he was about to cut left for a post route. Pretty sure that play was supposed to have coverage help over the top for Lavonte.

The Waller TD was going to be hard for most DB’s to cover much less a LB. Lavonte was close to getting a piece of it. Look at the Gronk TD, the defender had pretty great coverage and Gronk still made to play. Great ball placement. Same with the Jimmy Graham TD on Dean in the Bears game. Good TEs are tough to cover one on one in the Endzone.

I can only really remember one time in the game that stood out where LVD over pursued a bit and missed a tackle. The first Devin White sack was partly due to LVD taking away Carr’s checkdown in Jacobs. Be interesting to see an all 22 breakdown of both LBs in this game.

I just reviewed the first TD to Agholor. You’re exactly right. This is a perfect example of trying to extrapolate too much from the poor broadcast angle.

The TD was on Winfield, not LVD. LVD actually played this very well.

We’re blitzing the NCB off the edge and rolling to Cover 3 Zone behind it. Winfield is rolling to deep middle 1/3. This is his play. LVD is Seam/Hook and his job is get under those verts, contract the window, and make the throw difficult. He did that perfectly. Winfield was out of position. It looks to be exactly like you said. There was a little stutter move and it looks like Winfield bit on it a bit rather than continuing his hard roll to deep middle 1/3.

And again, on the Waller Slant, that is LVD being split out with no help against an absolute dominant player who is basically a big WR. CBs should be in that coverage (and most of them would struggle there). LVD actually played it extremely well and almost got the PBU.

• theknees

Participant

White is better than any of the other defensive clowns drafted before him. This is already super clear. The next meaningful play for Josh Allen will be his first. I loved Williams from Alabama, but even he has been slow to adapt to the pro game.

• Roy

Participant

Waller is a beast.

• Ramonb

Participant

White definitely has off the charts athleticism and is great going downhill.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

White is better than any of the other defensive clowns drafted before him.

It’s trolling idiotic shit like this that doesn’t help.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Wow. Just what is his deal?

• Barnz1

Participant

When he gives up another 3rd and 18, this time in January in a close game, will you post meaningless stats and tell everyone to enjoy the ride?

Good to know you think stats like pressures, sacks and TFL are “meaningless”. Further enhances your lack of football knowledge.

Maybe you think they’re meaningless because it doesn’t suit your narrative that White isn’t good?

• Barnz1

Participant

• theknees

Participant

Bosa isn’t available to help his team out for the remainder of the season. Who knows if he will ever return full strength. Ferrell just hasn’t shown up yet, at all. Quinnen Williams has been slow to adapt to the pro game.

So please, tell me where I am trolling. White is the best of bunch.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

So please, tell me where I am trolling.

First, because you said this same dumb shit last year, when Bosa was on a whole other elite level compared to White.

Second, I’d actually like for White to turn into a perennial All-Pro. And, considering your well documented kiss of death, the Bucs fan base would appreciate it if you never mentioned him again.

Thanks bud.

• theknees

Participant

So please, tell me where I am trolling.

First, because you said this same dumb shit last year, when Bosa was on a whole other elite level compared to White.

Second, I’d actually like for White to turn into a perennial All-Pro. And, considering your well documented kiss of death, the Bucs fan base would appreciate it if you never mentioned him again.

Thanks bud.

My criticism of Bosa was never about his play, it was about his ability to stay healthy like his brother. When your natural weight is close to 200 lbs even, and you use Dball or some other bovine growth hormone to “bulk up” to play football, you are constantly putting yourself in harms way. This has been well documented for both of the Bosa brothers. He’s elite when he’s healthy but, he’s rarely healthy. It’s weird…

Viewing 56 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.