Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 19 reply threads

• Author

• theknees

Participant

Go back and rewatch this game. White’s tape is damn impressive. His instincts and speed are true scheme benders. I think he’s actually getting better game to game in coverage. For all the problems I have with Licht, all is forgiven with the past two draft classes. This defense with one more really good DL draft, can continue to be one of the best in the league.

• TBChucky

Participant

Agreed. I think we have some excellent young cornerstones on defense with White, Vea, Winfield, etc. Our young corners are progressing as well. Hopefully they’ll add some young edge rushers to the core this draft. Should be priority #1, IMO.. After Donovan Smith’s playoff performance so far, I don’t see the Bucs wanting to move on from him. This defense should only get better, and with a few more additions should be able to have success for the long haul.

• jcaulfield8

Participant

Everyone is talking about Rodgers running on that third and eighth. Devon White was on the goal line and would have absolutely destroyed him before he got to the Endzone with his closing speed

• BucBalla85

Participant

JPP and suh were right on him too. He may have gotten a couple of yards.

• Live4BUCS

Participant

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

In that last play, the 3rd and goal for the Pack, you can see Rodgers notices at the last second that White is spying on him. Rodgers cannot outrun White and While will blow him up simultaneously. That’s why Rodgers threw that ball instead.

That POV really shows why Rodgers took the shot to pass the ball than be blown up by White.

• kenntak

Participant

I enjoyed watching White mic’d up against the Saints. His intensity is infectious.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Entering the post season secondary looked like a huge need. O line as well.

Neither is now. DL round 1. Biggest need with jpp and suh and lvd being free agents.

• Donkey

Participant

He’s no Luke Kuechly but he’s alright.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Lost in all of this is Bowles calling better scheme based on our talent

• Detrimental

Participant

Gotta say his coverage skills this playoffs have been incredible. Looks like a different player out there contracting pass windows and then rallying for the check down tackle. 2019 class as a whole stepped up and I was skeptical they would be able to. Dean and SMB been making plays too.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

He looks like a superstar to me. Such a shame. Can you imagine how good he’d be if he wasn’t a bust???

• garfield

Participant

Funny how JC has completely disappeared off these boards now that White and Wirfs, as well as Licht, have completely proven him wrong. Licht building a Super Bowl team must have destroyed his soul.

• JC5100

Participant

I didn’t disappear. I liked Wirfs, I just thought he he would be a Hall of Fame guard. I didn’t think he would be a bad tackle at all. Wirfs is playing like a top 3 pick which even his biggest supporters didn’t see coming.

I still think White is a problem and he gave up about 60 yards in run fits and coverage on the Saints second TD drive, but have Brees throw a ball to a receiver not looking and everything changes I guess.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not just JC…

At least JC sees how wrong he was unlike some.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Lol @ hes no keuchly. Obviously. Hes on his way tho. Whites not even the best on his team.

White could have something in his 2nd year keuchly never got, however. A fucking ring on his finger!

• Anonymous

Inactive

And not talking any crap, that 2016 draft is inexcusable.

And I’m his nephew

Lol

• notabucsfan

Participant

Apparently you guys forget he’s already been labeled a bust by most on the red board

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

He started out badly last year and yes, I’m one of the ones who labelled him a bust. Not necessarily because of his play, but because we needed edge rushing help, Josh Allen was available and Licht passed on him.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Lol.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Crow can be quite delicious when he leads to winning.

I’ll glad eat it up…

Nomnomnom…

One last piece of crow in 12 days will really hit this spot.

• Mic

Participant

White is one of the reason why our defense has been so good in the red zone and in general now. Guys are finally understanding what their job is

• kenntak

Participant

Mic, you hit the nail on the head.

• seekpar

Participant

Props to #45. He’s had one helluva playoff run. Too bad he missed the WFT game, that would have been a rout with him blasting that 4th stringer qb. Loved Baldinger’s analysis, no wonder it seems like #45 is all over the field because he is!

Baldinger…I always thought he had a great name for a linebacker!

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.