Devin White Jersey number? 40?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Live4BUCS
    Participant

I believe he would be allowed to have #40 based on numbering rules. With that said, NO it’s still and always be Alstott’s number! It needs to be retired!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

TheChronicHotAir
    Participant

He should choose 44.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    xbucsx_4_xevax
    Participant

I like 58  him

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    tampaspicer
    Participant

Maybe he calls Mike and ask him if it’s ok to wear.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    RayJayinTBay
    Participant

Mike Alstott was already inducted into the ring of honor so 40 isn’t in the discussion unless he calls Alstott and asks for permission.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    BucWonder
    Participant

I think Mike would give his permission because Mike’s a good guy. I think it’s OK because Devin plays defense. I know many will disagree.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    BucFanFromATL
    Participant

“Devin White was asked if he were to be drafted by the Bucs, would he reach out to Mike Alstott for the number 40. He said “Whatever I need to do. Been 40 all my life. Gotta have it.”

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    WayToGoBucs!
    Participant

ooooooh, this could get juicy

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Kodiak
    Participant

I would prefer the number to stay retired. If Mike gives his blessing…I am okay with it…although it will be hard seeing someone else wear 40. If it were me…I’d respect the history of that number and pick something else.

Oh…and this is coming from someone that has an original Alstott orange jersey from his rookie year signed hanging on my wall. He was the only player I wanted the Bucs to draft that year and my parents got me his jersey. Got it signed several years ago.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    WayToGoBucs!
    Participant

Honestly if I was a ring of honor retiree and some rookie asked me for my number i’d tell him to earn it first

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Kodiak
    Participant

“Devin White was asked if he were to be drafted by the Bucs, would he reach out to Mike Alstott for the number 40. He said “Whatever I need to do. Been 40 all my life. Gotta have it.”

I just watched the presser…his quote was something along the lines of I haven’t talked to him (Mike Alstott) about it, but…I know the number is retired…he was a great player and it shows how much he meant to be in the Ring of Honor and I am respectful of that. I want to get here and be a part of this family first before I even think about numbers but I have been 40 for a while but also 24 in the past and I have been other numbers…the number don’t make me…the people around me make me.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    BucFanFromATL
    Participant

@kodiak

I googled what he said weeks before the draft when asked about it… There’s a whole Reddit discussion thread from that quote like a month ago.

Obviously it’s real now. He’s a very humble young man. So I’m sure he has no issue with another number.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.