Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• theknees

Participant

Discuss…

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Both would’ve been great picks.

I prefer white. MLB is the leader of the defense. David is a great mentor.

White is the superior athlete as far as size + speed combo.

Wouldn’t trade White for Allen.

• KyBucfan51

Participant

Both are good picks but I feel White is more of a game changer always in place to make a play. Without him you don’t get tipped passes to teammates or close the game out with a big turnover.

• theknees

Participant

Yeah, White’s passion and leadership skills are why I wanted him over an edge rusher. He’s just getting started.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Didn’t like it when it happened, like it much more now. I would like to know hear an analysis of his improvements beyond the obvious big plays sometime.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Will have a better answer after they both play another year.

Judging someone on the Jags is difficult

• mdbuc

Participant

It was a bold pick, but they must have had a vision for Devin. At his best he’s an absolute game changer, and due to his position he’s just directly involved in more plays overall than an edge rusher. His speed is freakish and that alone makes him an impact player. Props to Licht for picking an ILB top 5.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

I wanted Allen over White and was pissed on draft night. I was completely wrong. White is a game changer, impact player, and his style of play is infectious on this defense. He’s a heatseaking middle, and one of the most entertaining defensive players on the league. Thrilled he’s a young Buc, lots more to come from him in the next few years.

• jcaulfield8

Participant

One was a huge part of a post season run to a Lombardi last year. The other was a part of a 1 win team.
      What’s the discussion?

• theknees

Participant

One was a huge part of a post season run to a Lombardi last year. The other was a part of a 1 win team.
      What’s the discussion?

We had a strong contingent of fans (Redboard GMs) who were pissed that we passed up the opportunity to draft Allen in favor of White. Just curious what the read is now on that draft. White is special on many levels and gives us a leader on the defensive side of the ball for the next decade. Allen seems to be breaking down already. New juice in Duval county, we will see how he responds to it.

• watson

Participant

White was exactly what the defense needed to make it lethal…..he is a game wrecker. This is just another indication that all the armchair GMs need to leave the personnel decisions to Licht and Arians……….just because a player looks good in college does not mean they will fit into a team’s defense or needs. As I’ve heard from multiple HCs and GMs, it’s not about the 53 most talented players, it’s about the 53 best players that fit your team.

• LIBucsFan93

Participant

I member quite a few hear that were adamant the Devin White would be a horrible pick. Selecting a off ball LB at number 5 was the most common complaint.

I watched a lot of LSU football the year before and I saw a instinctive, speed LB that was directing that Tiger Defense. I don’t think there are any naysayers now 2 years down the road. Devin White- no matter what.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why select the next Ray Lewis when you can draft some injury prone nobody, that every one confuses for the Buffalo Bills quarterback.

There are reasons why that brilliant poster ‘nobody’ took his ball home with him, he was the main one that everyone believed.

• mjs020294

Participant

Leadership and character are two very valuable traits many overlook while focusing on talent alone.

White was absolutely the right pick for the Bucs.

• SaskBucs

Participant

Haha yeah I was banging the drum for Allen.

I usually don’t get too opinionated since I don’t watch college ball, but the positions they play and, admittedly, Nobody’s analysis, had me wanting Allen.

I am fine with the pick now, no doubt and feel it was probably the right one but Allen isn’t a bust. He could reel off 10 sacks for the next 8 years, we don’t know.

This isn’t a reason to bash Nobody though. Guys getting paid millions to evaluate players screw up all the time and Nobody had terrific breakdowns that will be missed around here.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

Devin White is a Bust. I haven’t forgotten that thread.

• Schwifty9

Participant

Can’t lie, I wanted Josh Allen slightly more than Devin White. But I was absolutely on board with the pick and had a feeling that both would be special players. Allen got off to a faster start, but after 2 years it’s looking like only White will develop into a truly elite off ball linebacker as well as an electrifying team leader/energizer while Josh Allen will just be pretty good.

Devin White will forever silence the “you don’t draft a linebacker in the top 5” crowd.

• JC5100

Participant

Using this logic, Kenyatta Walker was the right pick in 2001.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.