Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• BucsBay

Participant

On that punt return? I know Rainey was at Baltimore with Pierce, so maybe they’re tight? Weird play. Maybe Pierce wants out of Jacksonville. We probably got 30 yards on that play because Pierce didn’t tackle Rainey.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOLInteresting thought. Could you imagine if this were actually true? Would explain the play as otherwise I have no clue what he was thinking.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t know…  I was really drunk at the time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't know...  I was really drunk at the time.

So was Pierce, apparently.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he got scared of either making a mistake or of getting embarrassed (maybe he plays RB b/c he can’t tackle) and reverted to a side scuffle as a means of staying out of the play. If he were purposefully trying to help Rainey, I think he would’ve just not ran to the ball or blocked one of his own players.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe he thought he was playing for the team with the best uniforms?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just a brain fa**.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just a brain fa**.

Ding!Hasn't anyone accidentally cheered when the wrong team hit a home run or got a hit??Or covering someone man-to-man in basketball and gotten offense/defense mixed up for a sec. or two...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

On that punt return? I know Rainey was at Baltimore with Pierce, so maybe they're tight? Weird play. Maybe Pierce wants out of Jacksonville. We probably got 30 yards on that play because Pierce didn't tackle Rainey.

Maybe so but you don't do that purposely as a professional. That would be a called a "career decision"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All that talk about playing “on the other side of the pond” during ST meetings?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pierce said this in response to the play:

"I don't know, I really don't have an answer for you. I can't really explain it."

Probably just some confusion, brain lapse like a previous poster said.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Reports today indicate Pierce suffered a concussion at some point during the game which was not recognized at the time.  Apparently they need a little more work on that concussion protocol thingy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It looked like Rainey was going to go left just before he cut right.  It’s possible Pierce assumed Rainey had gone left and stopped looking right then.  In that case, turning around to stop a Bucs blocker from getting over there might make sense.  It’s the only thing I can think of the explain that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pierce said this in response to the play:

"I don't know, I really don't have an answer for you. I can't really explain it."

[img]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSWOCTxFYvUWTYusFlMGdqdzUWs3RvLXJTbx2mp10BDweYaT_C[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gus said today he had concussion symptoms after the game. He may have, or the coach is covering for him, who knows.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gus said today he had concussion symptoms after the game. He may have, or the coach is covering for him, who knows.

Jaguars player's curious play may have been result of a concussionOne of the stranger plays of the NFL season came midway through Sunday's Jacksonville Jaguars-Tampa Bay Buccaneers game. Tampa Bay's Bobby Rainey was returning a punt, and Jacksonville's Bernard Pierce was part of the squad looking to bring him down.Suddenly, inexplicably, Pierce turned around and began blocking for Rainey, allowing Rainey to add more yardage and reach the Jacksonville 17. The Bucs soon scored, and would go on to win the game 38-31.What happened? A mental lapse? Immediately afterward, Pierce was as confused as anyone. "I don't know," he said. "I really don't have an answer for you. I can't really explain it."On Monday, Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley addressed the situation, adding a concerning note to the proceedings."It’s not a good play at all," he said. "When I saw it I couldn’t believe it, but I know he’s in the concussion protocol. I know after the game he had concussion symptoms. That’s where I’ll leave it at that, the play itself if you watched it."When asked if Pierce had suffered a concussion before the play, he replied, "I don’t know. I imagine so." That's troubling on several levels—first, that Pierce may have had a concussion severe enough that it completely disoriented him on the field, and second, that it went unnoticed until after the game.http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/jaguars-player-s-curious-play-may-have-been-result-of-a-concussion-125804938.html

Please wait…

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.