Viewing 30 reply threads

• Author

• Buccaholic

Participant

@ScottSBucs: Lovie Smith: The MIKE linebacker will make the play calls in our defense. WILL linebacker Lavonte David has had that responsibility.He said the MIKE, instead of calling him by his name, Foster.Am I reading to much into that comment? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

David made the calls because he was the only LBer in Schiano’s defense on the field for every call. Lovie’s defense has the Mike out there all the time so maybe it will change to Foster.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@ScottSBucs: Lovie Smith: The MIKE linebacker will make the play calls in our defense. WILL linebacker Lavonte David has had that responsibility.He said the MIKE, instead of calling him by his name, Foster.Am I reading to much into that comment?

yea you read way too much into that. However I dont think any position besides, McCoy, David, and Vjax (and the OTs and center because theres no depth there) are totally locked in as far as Lovie is concerned. I mean i thnk its safe to say we're all happy with Foster at the MIKE and he'll probably remain there but its possible that between now and the reg season Lovie see's someone who is better in coverage and wants to move Mason. That someone could be a draft pick, someone already on the team, a new signee.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

David made the calls because he was the only LBer in Schiano's defense on the field for every call. Lovie's defense has the Mike out there all the time so maybe it will change to Foster.

Any scheme that does not have David on the field all the time is a bad one. Here we go again with another stupid coach thinking he's smarter than everyone else. Reminds me of Gruden all over again. Can't figure out a way to use his best players because they don't fit into his cookie cutter scheme. God this has diaster written all over it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He actually said Mike and Will….didn’t mention Foster or David by name.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As a reminder, Foster did it the year before.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think you read too much into it at all. In fact, I think you didn’t read deep enough.MIKE JAMES WILL CALL THE PLAYS ON DEFENSE.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even if you weren't reading too much into it (which you are)...not sure what that has to do with his plans for #7. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Could show they aren’t planning on picking at #7…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

David made the calls because he was the only LBer in Schiano's defense on the field for every call. Lovie's defense has the Mike out there all the time so maybe it will change to Foster.

Any scheme that does not have David on the field all the time is a bad one. Here we go again with another stupid coach thinking he's smarter than everyone else. Reminds me of Gruden all over again. Can't figure out a way to use his best players because they don't fit into his cookie cutter scheme. God this has diaster written all over it.

Sorry, Genius, but you're wrong again. He said Foster would remain on the field WITH David instead of running a dime coverage (4 corners). Here we go again with another stupid troll thinking he's smarter than everyone else. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sorry, Genius, but you're wrong again. He said Foster would remain on the field WITH David instead of running a dime coverage (4 corners). Here we go again with another stupid troll thinking he's smarter than everyone else.

Did you listen to today's PC?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even if you weren't reading too much into it (which you are)...not sure what that has to do with his plans for #7. 

They want the Bama LB....his name is not important...the only reason why he is regarded as a mid 1st round pick is because of the Alabama%20Tornado.jpg.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless it’s Kalil Mack or Clowney, we had better do something to make this friggin burning dumpster of an offense better with at least our first two picks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL! What did you POSSIBLY take away from anyone's comments that would make you think David was coming off the field?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless it's Kalil Mack or Clowney, we had better do something to make this friggin burning dumpster of an offense better with at least our first two picks.

Better/more defensive prospects to choose from next year anyway imo.Idk how much lovie will lean towards defense this time around. From all the information I've seen on lovie, licht, and the bucs fo, is that they are looking for offensive talent in draft, and have driven out the bad eggs in lieu of average/good/younger players on the LOS.With that being said, it think he understands the need for offensive firepower, in this particular division even more so.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did you listen to today's PC?

It was interesting that he mentioned Casillas and David by name (granted he was asked directly about Casillas) but kind of stumbled over saying "Mike" as if he was going out of his way to say any LBer specifically in terms of the Mike.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We might take a mlb but it won’t be #7 overall

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless it's Kalil Mack or Clowney, we had better do something to make this friggin burning dumpster of an offense better with at least our first two picks.

The Oline and WRs need work for sure, but the offense already had its biggest improvement. Getting rid of Sullivan and his horrible Giants system was the best thing that could have happened for the future of the offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We might take a mlb but it won't be #7 overall

I don't see a MLBer at all. I think the challenge to Foster would be from Lane Fletcher. I think the staff really likes the guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think there is a possibility that Foster could come off the field at times and another MIKE comes in on passing downs … at least until LL get their prototype MIKE who wont have to come off the field at all. Could be why they picked up a veteran ILB ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think there is a possibility that Foster could come off the field at times and another MIKE comes in on passing downs ... at least until LL get their prototype MIKE who wont have to come off the field at all. Could be why they picked up a veteran ILB ?

I don't think the guy with the green dot ever comes off the field. Lovie didn't run much dime in Chicago though. Briggs and Urlacher were always on the field.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We might take a mlb but it won't be #7 overall

I don't see a MLBer at all. I think the challenge to Foster would be from Lane Fletcher. I think the staff really likes the guy.

agree. I don’t see lovie wanting a rook to call the defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Am I reading to much into that comment?

fo sho!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Oline and WRs need work for sure, but the offense already had its biggest improvement. Getting rid of Sullivan and his horrible Giants system was the best thing that could have happened for the future of the offense.

Amen!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s funny. One little word = leak, when a coach viewing of all the qb’s = smokescreen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Am I reading to much into that comment?

fo sho!!

I hope so man. I want the Bucs to draft Manziel if he’s on the board

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The question no one is asking is “can Foster play well enough in pass D to stay on the field?”. If “yes”, then no problem. If not, Lovie can draft a MLB, sub in Fletcher on 3rd down, or use Fletcher as our every-down MLB. The mini-camp next week could hold the key as to how LL go in the draft…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My wonderlic score just dropped 2 points after reading BucNYs’ comments.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's funny. One little word = leak, when a coach viewing of all the qb's = smokescreen.

Yea.. It's kind of hard to think we won't take a WR, QB or OT at 7. Think Clowney would have to somehow fall to us for us to take a defensive player at 7, which isn't going to happen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My wonderlic score just dropped 2 points after reading BucNYs' comments.

I laughed.

Please wait…

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.