Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 18 reply threads

• Author

• dalbuc

Participant

I ask that because I never heard his name, which is a good thing for a backup OL. I thought the loss of Cappa was gonna be huge, especially how Larsen played in game, but man Stinnie was just outstanding in a backup role.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Stinnie filled in admirably. He should be proud.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

When he lined up against Chris Jones early he was getting whooped. But CJ does that to everyone. Brady got the ball out quick & RoJo had some nice cuts to evade the missed blocks.

But Stinnie turned it around as the game went on, you could argue he had the toughest assignment the entire game. Rough early but his technique really improved as the game went on.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Or it also points that the talent between Cappa and Stinnie isn’t vast. We got by with average because we had Wirfs, Marpet, and, yes, Smith, doing great work.

I would be nice to improve at center or RG. If at center, then we get to save $10 mil in moving on from Jensen. Remember, AQ Shipley’s play wasn’t a huge drop either when he played center.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Not sure what you are watching but, Jensen is a beast and irreplaceable IMO. Also, Cappa has the potential to be great so no need to replace either of them.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Step away from being a homer. Did you forget that Jensen has had problems with shotgun snaps all this year, including the one that nearly took us out of FG range in the Super Bowl?

Cappa has the potential to be great? No. He has the potential to be above average at his best.

You know how already was great in his rookie year? Marpet at RG and Wirfs at RT. Marpet was a top-10 center in his only year at center. Now, he a top-end LG.

Step away from being a homer. We have cap situations and improvements to be made.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looks like there’s depth at G now, but other than Marpet, can anyone else be a capable backup C?

• Boid Fink

Participant

I try to follow the thread but that picture of the blue dress woman with her breasts hanging out keeps distracting me…

Go Bucs.

• Madman

Participant

Jensen was a beast in the playoffs. Big Nasty Ginger was beating on people.

• Watchman

Participant

D. Smith man, he was excellent in the post season. The whole o-line really.

• tampaspicer

Participant

I bet Brady has Smith playing better. Brady won’t put up with that lazy half ass play. If Smith plays like he did the last half of the season and in the playoffs he’s gonna be all pro possible but if anything a good LT.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Stinnie is a fine backup and that is a good problem to have.

Build the trenches!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Problem?</p>
        <p>Waz up A 2.0?

• TBChucky

Participant

Stinnie stepped up huge after Cappa went down. When we were headed to New Orleans that first game with him I was concerned. I hate the idea of losing Jensen.. He had a great season, and he’s fun to watch!

• RW

Participant

Jensen may be fun to watch but he grades out as the weakest starting O lineman; yes lower than Smith. Smith and Jensen combined make $24 million and that’s a lot for average players. And with both guys in the final year of their deals the Bucs could cut them and have no dead money against the cap. So either they rework their deals to take less money or one or both could be gone.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

The line ain’t going anywhere. The Bucs technically had the best line in football and dominated in the postseason. The most important thing is to protect Brady and that’s exactly what they did.

• RW

Participant

Win a Superbowl and people lose all perspective. How can you say the Bucs had the best O-line in Football? They don’t. The guys are good and in the top ten but not the best. And one thing to remember is that Tampa spent the 4th most in the NFL on their 5 O-line starters so they should be good.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

I can see Jensen re-work his contract if we do an extension with him. I don’t see it with Smith. Which means we will have to eventually replace LT Smith (either by drafting an LT, signing a FA LT, or moving Wirfs to LT and drafting a RT).

Good thinking on re-working their contracts to have an extension, but since we don’t know about Brady’s tenure beyond next year, we might eat the high contracts with Smith and Jensen.

• m_j

Participant

our OL and our secondary exploded on the playoffs, amazing! OL allowed only 4 QB pressures to the chiefs, one of which was that wild snap. unbelievable!

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Smith and Jensen finally played up their respective contracts. Credits goes to Brady and the coaching staff for pushing them. Jensen the last two years looks like a different players. Smith has benefited from Brady releasing the football with anticipation.

Still need to draft C and OT for the future though.

Build the trenches!

• Biggs3535

Participant

Chris Jones beat him pretty quickly a handful of times, but Chris Jones is a helluva player and Brady got the ball out quickly – so that helped.

I thought Stinnie played admirably as a back-up. He wasn’t great, but he sure as hell played better than KC’s backups.

• TBChucky

Participant

He should be great for depth purposes next season. Glad we have him for sure.

• KyBucfan51

Participant

Jensen displayed something you can’t get from everyone he was the guy who set the tone and got in players head. Jones tried to fight him multiple times having a guy bringing it every play is nice to have.

• kenntak

Participant

Jensen drew a very useful personal foul for the Bucs, didn’t he?

• blockade1

Participant

@dalbuc, maaaan…I was thinking the exact same thing. Stinnie really came through.

• JC5100

Participant

Watching the all 22 he made some dominant blocks at the point of attack.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.