Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• harrybucman

Participant

Just wondering if anyone on this board was one of the 166,000 and growing number of people who signed the petition condemning the GOAT and demanding that he return the million dollar PPP loan he secured for his business. With all of his wealth and the recent purchase of his multi-million dollar boat, it’s a bad look for him to take that money that was intended to help covid struggling businesses.

• Greattimes

Participant

If the loan Brady received went to his employees as required, then I have no problem with the loan. I have a much bigger problem with able bodied people who spend their whole lives on welfare because they made bad decisions in life.

• kenntak

Participant

Well, I would have to research this matter further before I had an opinion. I hope the people that signed the petition did so, and did not just make a knee-jerk decision that happens a lot with petitions.

• buc_boi

Participant

Boy that’s rich coming from you…

Get bent, you lowlife POS.

• harrybucman

Participant

If I’m a low-life where does that leave you? Don’t want to sound conceited, but I GUARANTEE YOU I stand way above you in every area of life. ( I’Q, education, wisdom, finances, standing in the community, looks, physique, life accomplishments, parenting, swag, ability to communicate and spell, appeal to the ladies, sexual prowess, confidence and likeability.) Boy find somebody more your speed to play with.

• buc_boi

Participant

Leave your politics down in cove, bud.

Pretty simple

• harrybucman

Participant

See what I mean–you’re too ignorant to realize there’s nothing political in the post.

• Donkey

Participant

From the guy who’s afraid to leave his house or see his kids for the last 10 months over a virus with a 99.7% sir is also rate.

• Donkey

Participant

From the guy who’s afraid to leave his house or see his kids for the last 10 months over a virus with a 99.7% survival rate.

• harrybucman

Participant

Where did you get the idea that I haven’t left my house in 10 months. I leave my house every day, just masked up. My kids are all mostly in their 50’s and live in different states. I’m well over 65 and have pre-existing conditions. So it’s wise to not expose myself unless it’s necessary. Plus, what does that have do with anything on this board. Assuming is dangerous.

• cvillebucfan

Participant

LOL at the guy who posted about his swag. I’m crying hahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Culo Con Dientes

Participant

Does anyone really care? I mean you have someone out there taking corrupt millions from China and sleeping with their underage hookers. No petition there. What Tom did was legal and for his business/employees. Move on everyone nothing to see here. Isn’t this how things work today in America?

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Some people cannot differentiate the Brady’s work from Brady’s business. Brady earned millions from his work as a QB because he put himself, his body, and his family on hold to be the GOAT. As many of his teammates have noted, Brady is already at the team facilities at 5am. As some of his current teammates have denoted the week before the Super Bowl, Brady texts the team, “We will win.”

To be the GOAT, you have to sacrifice so much to be at that level. And he’s earned it, all of his millions. Why? He’s got seven rings. In the words of Ariana Grande, “I want it. I got it.”

Brady has created a company using his own money. The hopes of many owners is that the business will generate more than enough revenue to cover all the overhead costs, employee salaries, and make some profit. In that respect, business owner Brady is just like every other business owner in the game. The difference is that Brady has more capital due to his other work, where he is working is behind off. Brady’s getting knee surgery due to his “other work”.

Brady is doing the community a great service by employing people. Brady’s business got affected like ever other business caused by COVID. Brady’s business side probably couldn’t sustain itself like all the other smaller businesses not deemed essential. Big business like Amazon, Costco, Wal-Mart, Target, etc… became default oligopoly by the US Government. Remember, it was the US Gov’t that said, “Shut down two weeks to slow the curve.” That was in March 2020. It’s going to be a year soon and we’re in the same disposition for most of the country. Brady didn’t issue that mandate. The government did.

Brady could easily dissolve his business to not lose any of his own hard earning aside from what he’s already invested. Why would Brady pay overhead costs, employee salaries, and lose money for a year because the government shutdown the US economy and is still shutdown. Instead of putting his employees out of work because his business isn’t generating any revenue, Brady’s business qualifies for the PPP loan.

Again, some people cannot differentiate that an individual can work and create a business simultaneously. Brady the QB is working to earn his millions. Brady the business owner is out to make profit like any other business. If any business is not making profit, then people are going to lose hours, lose benefits, or lose employment. If any business is bleeding money, then the owner can completely shut down the business to mitigate the losses. Brady’s business is not Amazon or Wal-Mart. It’s probably a far smaller scale.

There’s about a trillion dollars that hasn’t been used yet from the first/second COVID relief bill. It’s there for business owners. But why aren’t you questioning why in the first/second COVID relief bill are pork items such as giving millions a museum? A museum. One museum.

There’s so much pork in this upcoming COVID relief bill such as giving billions across the sea for gender studies. There’s also the current administration willing to give central America about $4 billion to help with their government in hopes to prevent mass migration to the US while the US is advertising the US border is technically open for catch-and-release. Why? That’s our money. Government doesn’t not make money, but it does collect money via taxes. That’s our money. Why aren’t we getting the $2000 stimulus check to re-invest in our own country in this pandemic time of need? Why aren’t you upset at House Speaker Pelosi for holding up a third stimulus COVID bill since April 2020 until after the election? But when it was passed it was half of the budget Pelosi said she’d never sacrifice? Even then, all we got just $600. That’s it? We only get $600 out of our own future taxes?

But, hey, it’s easier for haters to be petty and not focus on who is actually unnecessarily giving away millions and billions that won’t benefit the US and its people today. It’s truly pathetic for people to be so minuscule and pathetic in thought when they should be outraged the government (looking at you Pelosi) for not caring for its people by putting politic before people.

The OP of this thread is wholly ignorant and completely selfish in thought.

• harrybucman

Participant

You say “The OP of this thread is wholly ignorant and completely selfish in thought.”
        Well, I read about Brady and his PPP loan about 6 months ago. And wondered, for a long time, as critical as fans are of athletes, why no one on this board even mentioned. Then read about the petition last week. It was even posted on PFT Friday. I wondered again why no mention on the Red Board, since almost ever issue involving NFL athletes somehow shows up here.

Why hammer me I didn’t start or sign the petition nor did I make a personal judgement of the issue.

The Lakers and many other businesses secured PPP loans and after public backlash, they returned them. I admired those businesses for realizing those loans were designed to help the needy not the greedy. No one on this board may care, but the 166,000, who signed the petition, have negative feelings about the transaction.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Wow. Did you just compare the whole Lakers organization to Brady’s business? The Lakers organization who has been a mainstay long before Brady was born? The Lakers organization who receives millions from ads, the NBA sharing program, China money, and the ability to actually play games compared to Brady’s business.

The Lakers were created in 1947. Brady’s TB12 business was created in 2016.

This is like comparing a magnanimous Wal-Mart corporation to a new business in the health & wellness sector. Wal-Mart wasn’t affected by the COVID shutdowns. In fact, they improved because they were one of the few business able to be open. Smaller businesses have shut down. My somewhat small franchise gym has been shut down since March 2020.

Brady the player is a different entity than Brady the owner. There’s a specific budget for Brady the owner. The business isn’t a hobby, it’s to make profits. Brady is probably just an owner in name while he has other people manage the organization. If those in charge aren’t making enough money, then Brady’s business can fold. Brady has probably invested millions already starting it up and supplementing it to stay afloat. He is losing money in doing this, but when the COVID shutdown hit, then it affects his small business like any other small business. Heck, I didn’t even know Brady had a business, which shows how insignificant his business is to date.

Here’s an article citing that Brady‘s business maybe struggling more than the business shows. No business owner wants to admit their business is failing.

The Lakers won’t collapse as they’re still generating revenue and playing to still generate revenue. Also, they’re part of a bigger conglomerate called the NBA. Brady’s health and wellness business is heavily affected to the point Brady can close the business and all those employees are out of a job. Brady is it. Once Brady retires from football, there is no extra income for Brady and no one else will give him money.

Brady’s company is probably considered a startup company such that it’s only 4 years old.

And, yes, the OP is still willfully ignorant and completely selfish in thought. Sharing the petition without full comprehension is damned selfish! Why? Because you can’t differentiate between Brady the QB and Brady the business owner. Also, there’s still a trillion dollars still available in the second stimulus bill that hasn’t been dispersed yet. Maybe those other business can apply for it. Yet, some states won’t even let you open up yet. In my state, indoor gyms remain closed, which is a healthy and wellness avenue.

In a different sport, the NHL, they’ve been hit hard. Although the owners are billionaires, many owners were already losing double digits in the millions running the team. They can absorb some of that because the team is still generating money as the hopes that going to the playoffs will mitigate some losses. But this shutdown has taken a toll to all who work for the organizations from ticket sales, concession stands, front offices, and salaries slashed. The NHL is doing something they have never done before, sold advertising on their helmets and have sponsored titled Leagues name to generate some money. Yet, they still had to fire hundreds to thousands of employees.

Does the OP want to keep employees employed? Brady could easily shutdown his business and stop hemorrhaging losses inflicted by the COVID shutdowns. Instead, you want Brady to continue to lose millions for charity sake which the government has forced the US economy to shutdown many of its sectors? You are selfish! The audacity of people who don’t understand business is to make money, not lose money. It doesn’t matter if you’re a rich business owner or staking your whole retirement. If you’re losing money, then you’re losing money. It’s that simple. Now, the government forced the shutdowns and economic down turn. It’s the government’s responsibility to prop everyone up because of it.

Disneyland has remained closed since Mar 2020. Because the state of California would not allow it to open up in late Sept, Disneyland had to fire 28,000 employees to keep it’s margins in the black.

Seriously, you have mad jealousy to someone successful and not seeing how business actually help the communities. You are willfully ignorant and selfish.

Why don’t you share a petition to open up the whole damned country rather than be petty to want to cancel a person trying to keep other people employed? This way businesses can start generating revenue again without asking for help, which the dire need for help was created by the government. Do you see how insignificant your thought and sharing of the Brady petition is? Pathetic and selfish in thought!

• Donkey

Participant

Wah! Bucs have a white QB.

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

“I GUARANTEE YOU I stand way above you in every area of life. ( I’Q, education, wisdom, finances, standing in the community, looks, physique, life accomplishments, parenting, swag, ability to communicate and spell, appeal to the ladies, sexual prowess, confidence and likeability.) Boy find somebody more your speed to play with.”

This comes across as pathetic.

Here is someone who is the first one to use the label of “Racist.”

Here is someone who is locked in to the mentality and culture of the 1990’s unable to adapt to today’s way of life.

“Appeal to the ladies, sexual prowess.????

Com-on man.

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

• harrybucman

Participant

Oh Island you finally came out of hiding. I even opened a thread in the cove asking what happened to you. Thought you were in moaning about the election.
        You say my post comes across as pathetic. I really could care less about your opinion. But, since you asked, I am going to explain one issue. “Sexual prowess”. Nothing strokes a man’s ego or makes him feel more manly than to be able to take a woman into a bedroom and take her body into realms she didn’t know existed. I’m talking about mind blowing orgasm after orgasm after orgasm. And since you asked I’m sure a wimp of a man like you knows nothing about that type of experience. And that’s not 1990’s my friend, that’s eternal ecstasy

• FireLicht2020

Participant

LOL, IB too chicken shit…

Couldn’t just man up after a loss, could you.

Yet here you are deep in random post…

What an odd find

• Charles

Participant

This went well

• leeroybuc93

Participant

This thread went way off the rails…

• kenntak

Participant

You ain’t kidding!

• OneTruthisBack

Participant

this buckman character must be compensating for something drastic

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

I read that the 166,000 petitioners were made up of Saints fans and Jameis1of1 followers.

• Donkey

Participant

And bitter Pat fans like my brother in law

• PatsfanrootingforBucs

Participant

TB12 has every right of every other company in America that received money. It’s only an issue to Brady haters. Pretty confident TB12 is not faring well like most other gym and rehab places.

• Beatles123

Participant

OP is mean.

• Bucman

Participant

The lack of moderation on this board is hilarious. Been an issue for 2 decades now.

• Beatles123

Participant

Been sayon’ it since 2010, man! Dunno why people scoff at the thought of actual good conduct being encouraged here. Every other forum in existence has a moderation staff, and there’s nothing that would be ruined here at PR if we had one to keep things like this from breaking out. There’s no reason this stuff can’t be cleaned up.

• kenntak

Participant

They can’t even fix the pagination issue, let alone moderate, lol.

• seekpar

Participant

Amen kenntak. World Championship organization and they [we] have a POS forum like this. SMH

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.