Viewing 16 reply threads

• Author

• JC5100

Participant

Going into the off-season we didn’t need a #2 WR or TE… ended up drafting them with premium picks. We cut Revis to move from 4th to 3rd to draft a freaking running back. McCown is wasting the team’s time and money by starting. Gave away Zuttah. Just hope Licht doesn't make big mess for the next guy to clean up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In case you havent noticed they wanted a completely different offense. Was RB really not a necessity? ALL 3 of our midget RB's got hurt last year. Maybe they want more durability? I would have preferred Hyde but I'm not going to complain if we upgrade every position on offense.Maybe they want to try a wheel route?Are you really complaining about upgrading our no.2 WR MASSIVELY? And upgrading TE MASSIVELY? I dont understand this. I understand the complaint about RB in the 3rd only because it was unexpected and pretty early but I dont get the Mike Williams complaint. He flaked out man. He had to go and I was his biggest supporter. I guess it just comes down to this. We had the dead last rated offense last year. How can you complain about them blowing it up? ASJ wasnt my favorite TE but he is 50 million times better than Luke Stocker. Mike Evans has more potential than Mike Williams ever dreamed of. If nothing else, we have another RB in case all the midgets go down again.  Its not like they drafted Aaron Murray in the 3rd.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The circumstances changed more than the quality of the players did. (No Freeman distraction, hopefully no more MRSA, etc) And a new coach who has actually done something significant in this league has me on the up and up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The circumstances changed more than the quality of the players did. (No Freeman distraction, hopefully no more MRSA, etc) And a new coach who has actually done something significant in this league has me on the up and up.

But with picks at the beginning of each round and spending all the money they did... the quality of the players needed to improve significantly and it didn't.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Evans over the  injured Mike Williams of last year is very significant.Myers Wright and ASJ over Wright by himself is significant also.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Collins > Penn – Penn was garbage last yearEDS > Zuttah - see the above statementASJ > all TEs - wright did  a very good job as a rookie but Seferian-Jenkins skillset is just so different. He will be better than the mid level talent. Also got Myers. Evans > MWill - this is yet to be seen, but he is bigger, faster and not a knucklehead. Mike Will HAD to go. Johnson > Clay - I actually really like Clayborn and think he will do well at LE, so this was an upgrade of LE and RE. Verner/Revis - this is a wash. Revis has a superior skillset, but his contract was handcuffing the team. In Lovie's system, Verner will be just as effective. That's my break down of how we improved this offseason. Still would like to see some guards in these next rounds.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

4-12…  Different is likely to be better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Team definitely got different but that was to be expected.  New coach has to bring in his guys.  Will they be better?  We will find out soon enough.There are still plenty of needs BUT maybe some of the guys we already have might  perform better under the new staff and in the new system.I like the 3 players added regardless of whether or not they were "needs" or not.  Each one is talented and should ultimately produce for the team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Collins > Penn - Penn was garbage last yearEDS > Zuttah - see the above statementASJ > all TEs - wright did  a very good job as a rookie but Seferian-Jenkins skillset is just so different. He will be better than the mid level talent. Also got Myers. Evans > MWill - this is yet to be seen, but he is bigger, faster and not a knucklehead. Mike Will HAD to go. Johnson > Clay - I actually really like Clayborn and think he will do well at LE, so this was an upgrade of LE and RE. Verner/Revis - this is a wash. Revis has a superior skillset, but his contract was handcuffing the team. In Lovie's system, Verner will be just as effective. That's my break down of how we improved this offseason. Still would like to see some guards in these next rounds.

dont forget....Lovie>Schiano

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Take 2 Prozac and post in he morning

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

4-12...  Different is likely to be better.

6-10, big whoop. We spent like drunken sailors.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you have to look at the depth players that were brought in as well. In many cases these guys had good starting experience and now are 2nd line depth players. Last year I thought we had a decent starting 22, but injuries and ineffective play caused this team to significantly under perform. While some of that was the coaching staff that couldn’t deal with the changing situation, the real reason was because we didn’t have enough depth/experience to play through it. This team is better in a lot of ways.Brandon Myers(TE)Clinton McDonald(DT)DJ Moore(DB)Dane Fletcher(LB)Mike Jenkins(CB)Louis Murphy(WR)Major Wright(S)Lavelle Hawkins(WR)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you have to look at the depth players that were brought in as well. In many cases these guys had good starting experience and now are 2nd line depth players. Last year I thought we had a decent starting 22, but injuries and ineffective play caused this team to significantly under perform. While some of that was the coaching staff that couldn't deal with the changing situation, the real reason was because we didn't have enough depth/experience to play through it. This team is better in a lot of ways.Brandon Myers(TE)Clinton McDonald(DT)DJ Moore(DB)Dane Fletcher(LB)Mike Jenkins(CB)Louis Murphy(WR)Major Wright(S)Lavelle Hawkins(WR)

Definitely some players who will contribute next year.  Upgrades to who the team had for sure.  Hopefully the gap in talent on this team will continue to narrow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Damn, JC in his time machine again

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sorry JC5, but if you can’t see the potential for improvement from the FA and draft moves, all the things everyone posted above aren’t going to convince you. Enjoy the your side of the fence bro; it looks lonely over there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Too soon.A different kind of 4 and 12?  SMH,  bias showing

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie Smith could be coaching worse talent and we will be better.  Anyone that isn’t happy with our draft need look no further than the Browns.  They have set their franchise back an entire decade.

Please wait…

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.