Do Some Fans Give Licht a Bad Rap?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Bucko40
    Participant

Arians can only coach so much. It’s up to the players to execute. Winston executed so badly that it cost him his job and standing within the league.

@X

Arians saved Licht’s ass. No BA, we have a new GM.

This is fact and beyond one year as well. They’re both tied together. We were supposed to win this year, but Arians failed. Arians has the resume to not get rid of after one season and Arians threw Winston under the Buc Bus.

It’s odd that Arians isn’t getting much flack for last year’s failure. Also, no one’s pointing out that the offense produced fewer yards in passing and rushing while only producing one more offensive TD than 2018’s offense. Crazy that only Winston is carrying the blunt of the blame, though, Winston does deserve it as well.

+1
    Rating: 0. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Arians is going to let Brady call the offense, and he’s going to fall into more of a CEO role. Small ball is the only way this works. It’s why the passing yards and TD projections are significantly less than last year. Can’t recall a coach allowing something like this to happen in the past. If nothing else, it’s entertaining.

Rating: -3. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...
    X
    Participant

No last year was “entertaining”. A bunch of bullshit QB play. Like Ronde famously said regarding Winston, “Half on red and half on black.”

Arians is going to let Brady call the offense, and he’s going to fall into more of a CEO role. Small ball is the only way this works. It’s why the passing yards and TD projections are significantly less than last year. Can’t recall a coach allowing something like this to happen in the past. If nothing else, it’s entertaining.

Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

No last year was “entertaining”. A bunch of bullshit QB play. Like Ronde famously said regarding Winston, “Half on red and half on black.”

Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Nah, a 43 year old QB, coming in and changing the offense, to be more game management, conservative type play. Which may be all we need with this defense.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    X
    Participant

Arians is not a bullshitter. He said Brady will take his shots. Not every play is a shot downfield. I think a lot of people assume that is all he ever wants to do. He said he would be completely satisfied with taking an easier throw that gathers positive yardage. Jameis just likes to throw it downfield a lot more than most QBs do. He wasn’t the one, Brady is. He won’t miss open guys or make awful decisions.

Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Nah, a 43 year old QB, coming in and changing the offense, to be more game management, conservative type play. Which may be all we need with this defense.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    dexmonkey
    Participant

Arians is not a bullshitter. He said Brady will take his shots. Not every play is a shot downfield. I think a lot of people assume that is all he ever wants to do. He said he would be completely satisfied with taking an easier throw that gathers positive yardage. Jameis just likes to throw it downfield a lot more than most QBs do. He wasn’t the one, Brady is. He won’t miss open guys or make awful decisions.

Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Bruce’s system is a go deep offense. it always has been. it was in Indy, it was in Pittsburgh, it was in Arizona and it is here. now with Brady it will change according to what Tom wants to do but dont try and act like he doesnt want to push the ball down the field as much as humanly possible

you paired a coach who wants to chuck it with a QB who wanted to chuck it. i think there was a wee bit too much aggression in that pairing and it didnt work right. you cant have that much balls in one room, it overrides the brains no matter what the coach or QB will tell you

+1
    Rating: -1. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...
    X
    Participant

Every QB wants to go deep. Most coordinators dream of the big pass. But Arians has said he is satisfied with winning and making the easier open throw. He said it. Not me. The offense is deep ball friendly, and when the opp presents itself, you take it. I am not taking this any other way. And I am willing to bet Brady can hit the deep passes just like Fitzmagic did in his flame hot stretch.

Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Bruce’s system is a go deep offense. it always has been. it was in Indy, it was in Pittsburgh, it was in Arizona and it is here. now with Brady it will change according to what Tom wants to do but dont try and act like he doesnt want to push the ball down the field as much as humanly possible

you paired a coach who wants to chuck it with a QB who wanted to chuck it. i think there was a wee bit too much aggression in that pairing and it didnt work right. you cant have that much balls in one room, it overrides the brains no matter what the coach or QB will tell you

+1
    Rating: -1. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    DCGoth
    Participant

He’s never been to the playoffs. Losing record. Weird drafts. Survived a number 1 being a bust. Building backwards. Meh.

+13
    Rating: +10. From 16 votes.
    Please wait...

Agreed. Licht has never had any consistent success in his drafting, and while some of his FA signings have worked, many others have been very bad.

I guess we’ll see what happens in the upcoming draft.

+2
    Rating: +2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...

I'd rather have a beer bottle in front of me than a pre-frontal lobotomy.

FireLicht2020
    Participant

My annoyance with his drafts are the best picks he’s made have been pretty obvious. Yes I know that is easy to take for granted.

Evans and Godwin were pretty obvious when we were up.

Vea and Marpet were less obvious so those picks I’ll give him credit.

He’s just so fucking awful in the 2nd round and that is such a critical part of the draft where you still get top flight talent!

Aguayo (reach), Stewart (reach), Spence, J Evans (reach), Bunting (reach), Jones (reach), Davis, Smith, Marpet, ASJ

That has 2 good picks – Davis and Marpet.

1 ok pick – Smith

2 picks that might still be ok – Evans and Jones

The rest are trash and he REACHES on that trash.

I will never get over trading up for Aguayo.

+2
    Please wait...
    X
    Participant

Vea was a VERY obvious pick. The guy was a wrecking ball. Still is. He was as advertised and then some. He’s getting better imo.

+2
    Please wait...
    TBayXXXVII
    Participant

A valid reason for why Licht gets a bad rap….
    2015: Round 1 – Winston (bust)… Round 2 Donovan Smith (not that good)

2016: Round 1 – Hargreaves (bust)… Round 2 Spence (bust) / Aguayo (bust)

2017: Round 1 – OJ Howard (bust)… Round 2 Justin Evans (TBD)

2018: Round 1 – Vea (Looks “good” so far)… Round 2 Ronald Jones (looks to be a bust) / MJ Stewart (meh)

2019: Looks good so far.

That’s a LOT of bad value with the most valuable picks.

+1
    Rating: +1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...
    seekpar
    Participant

Given the history, it looks like he’s getting on-the-job training at the team’s expense.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

With Licht taking his biggest risk yet, this doesn’t look like it will end well.

When you go all in on a QB at Brady’s age, a QB no one else was willing to pay this kind of money to. You have as unique a situation as there is in sports. Can we scratch out 9-10 wins with a much less heralded offense. If so, regardless of playoff success, is this considered a success?

Rating: -1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...
    DonkeyHunter
    Participant

@deflategatesteve or 10lbbgottajaboo

“Can we scratch out 9-10 wins with a much less heralded offense”

How is our offense “much less heralded”?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    X
    Participant

I don’t think he knows what that word means, lolz!!

@deflategatesteve or 10lbbgottajaboo

“Can we scratch out 9-10 wins with a much less heralded offense”

How is our offense “much less heralded”?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.