Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 30 reply threads

• Author

• buc-in-out

Participant

Now that the top 10 draft order is set, we’re seeing the mock drafts starting already. Gase is gone, and everyone’s predicting Lawrence, Fields, and Wilson to go in the top 5.

We know the Jags will take a QB, there’s a lot of noise that the Jets AND Dolphins give up on Darnold and Tua already.. if one of the 3 falls to San Fran, I’m sure Kyle Shanahan would love to get a guy like Fields…

The Jets CEO has said that he’s still a big fan of Sam Darnold, but he will leave that decision to the GM. I’d imagine the Jets are going to make a big splash for an offensive minded HC, and I’d imagine that coach might want to start fresh at QB. If the Jets move on from Darnold, what would you be willing to trade for him? Would you be willing to trade for him?

He’s still only 23 years old, and I don’t think there could have been a worse situation for any young QB then the Jets. Gase’s offense is prehistoric, the slowest moving offense in the NFL. Darnold’s #1 receiver the last 2 years has been a #3 WR in Jamison Crowder. Their O-line play has been absolutely horrific, even after investing heavily this offseason. Gase insisted on using Frank Gore over Leveon Bell for some reason. I think Darnold is a good quarterback, who could still be a great quarterback with a change of scenery. While I’d be ecstatic to give the Jets a 3rd and 6th for him, I’d even be willing to give them our late 2nd rounder in 2021. He has 2 years left on his rookie deal, let him sit behind Tom next season, let him learn and groom him to be our next QB.

The 2021 draft is going to be a crap shoot, if there’s ever been a year with more uncertainty it’s going to be the 2021 draft due to Covid-19. Trading away 2021 picks for known commodities is not a bad idea IMO. Darnold, to me atleast, is worth the risk.

As much as I’d want Tom to stick around, I really do think by 2022 his game will trail off. We need to start thinking about the future, there’s too much talent on this team to blow the whole thing up. I do not for-see us with a top 10 pick next season,

Your thoughts? What do you guys think our succession plan is at QB?

• This topic was modified 3 months ago by buc-in-out.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

I would.

Hes nothing special.

2 elite QBs available.

Fields to NYJ is a lock barring a trade.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

As far as the bucs go: Aaron Rodgers & Dak Prescott my top choices for 2022. Aasuming Brady retires then. If he wants to play til hes 50 im on board lol.

Now that we lost the rosen one we may need to draft a qb rounds 1-3.

Anyone but Trask.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

If the Jets are smart, they trade out for a king’s ransom.

Or, take Wilson.

• garfield

Participant

Darnold is firggin’ terrible, of course you draft a qb at 2.

• buc-in-out

Participant

Darnold’s been terrible because Gase is the worst offensive mind in all of football, and his supporting cast has been abysmal.

No one’s been pressured more this past season then Darnold, I believe it was 45% of his drop backs this season have been pressures. How do you expect the young man to perform under these conditions?

I’ve seen glimpses of greatness from him, the end of his rookie season when he had Robby Anderson, Enunwa and Kearse.. he looked competent and poised, then Gase game in and ruined him.

• JC5100

Participant

No, draft the OT to bookend with Becton or draft Devonta Smith

• theknees

Participant

Fields is the best QB in this draft. If he’s there (starting to look like he’s not going to be), you take him. Otherwise, you look to trade out.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Lol Smith @ 2 would be the most Jets move ever.

He may not even be the first WR off the board.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Fields is the best QB in this draft. If he’s there (starting to look like he’s not going to be), you take him. Otherwise, you look to trade out.

Again, according to whom? You?

Id bet any amount of $ with anyone Lawrence goes before fields.

Teams who take the hot qb who had 2 or 3 good games rather then look at the body of work end up failing 9 times out of 10.

Please cut this Fields nonsense, good sir.

• buc-in-out

Participant

If Urban Meyer lands the Jags job like he’s rumored to, does he take Lawrence over Fields?

I look at Fields like Deshaun Watson. I really wasn’t sold on Watson as a pro QB, but Fields looks a LOT like Watson to me. Same athelete, great arm… I know OSU QBs haven’t been great NFL QBs, but I think Fields could be a very good QB in the modern NFL.

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

Here in the NY/NJ area the narrative is that Darnold can’t read a defense and sees ghosts…fans want a new start wether it’s Lawrence or Fields who ever falls on their lap they would be ecstatic…Darnold in college had a ton of fire power and didn’t have to do much reading on the field but just to let it rip… in the NFL he’s struggled mightily due team being so even and the lack of talent/coaching on the jets… with that said id give the Jets a 3rd pick for him cuz I still think he has a high ceiling…

• leeroybuc93

Participant

New HC and GM. Loaded QB class. Yeah, I think they move on.

• theknees

Participant

Fields has it all. Trevor has limitations. Listen to Chris Simms on both of them. Say what you want about me, but Chris Simms is right way way way more than he is wrong on QB prospects. He’s not a Tua guy for example. He can eliminate the emotions when evaluating QBs and is correct almost always on projections.

• Buc on the Move

Participant

I haven’t watched enough of Darnold to really know, but I don’t think I would trade anything higher than a 4th for him based on the little I have seen. How many QBs come back to be great after getting shell-shocked and looking like dog poo their first few years?

• Greattimes

Participant

I know OSU QBs haven’t been great NFL QBs,

The OSU QB with the best NFL Career was Tom Tupa, as a punter.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

How can you even assess Darnold with what he’s had around him? I’m not saying he’s good but his best weapon was… Crowder?

I’d draft Sewel to pair with Bechton… that’s an elite tackle pair.

I’m not a Fields fan… Lawrence is way better imo.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Now that the top 10 draft order is set, we’re seeing the mock drafts starting already. Gase is gone, and everyone’s predicting Lawrence, Fields, and Wilson to go in the top 5.

We know the Jags will take a QB, there’s a lot of noise that the Jets AND Dolphins give up on Darnold and Tua already.. if one of the 3 falls to San Fran, I’m sure Kyle Shanahan would love to get a guy like Fields…

The Jets CEO has said that he’s still a big fan of Sam Darnold, but he will leave that decision to the GM. I’d imagine the Jets are going to make a big splash for an offensive minded HC, and I’d imagine that coach might want to start fresh at QB. If the Jets move on from Darnold, what would you be willing to trade for him? Would you be willing to trade for him?

He’s still only 23 years old, and I don’t think there could have been a worse situation for any young QB then the Jets. Gase’s offense is prehistoric, the slowest moving offense in the NFL. Darnold’s #1 receiver the last 2 years has been a #3 WR in Jamison Crowder. Their O-line play has been absolutely horrific, even after investing heavily this offseason. Gase insisted on using Frank Gore over Leveon Bell for some reason. I think Darnold is a good quarterback, who could still be a great quarterback with a change of scenery. While I’d be ecstatic to give the Jets a 3rd and 6th for him, I’d even be willing to give them our late 2nd rounder in 2021. He has 2 years left on his rookie deal, let him sit behind Tom next season, let him learn and groom him to be our next QB.

The 2021 draft is going to be a crap shoot, if there’s ever been a year with more uncertainty it’s going to be the 2021 draft due to Covid-19. Trading away 2021 picks for known commodities is not a bad idea IMO. Darnold, to me atleast, is worth the risk.

As much as I’d want Tom to stick around, I really do think by 2022 his game will trail off. We need to start thinking about the future, there’s too much talent on this team to blow the whole thing up. I do not for-see us with a top 10 pick next season,

Your thoughts? What do you guys think our succession plan is at QB?

• This topic was modified 3 months ago by buc-in-out.

Good post OP. As for the end of it, it’s time to begin stockpiling picks. Trade down in this draft for draft assets next year, then move up to take a QB.

• Bucman

Participant

Why are we giving Darnold a pass because of his weapons? Flacco played better with those same weapons….

No way the next coach is hitching his wagon on Darnold. Let him have a fresh start elsewhere and maybe he works out. Wouldn’t bet on it though. He doesn’t seem to have the football intelligence required to be successful

• Dave

Participant

If I’m the jets I get a trade agreed with the falcons to send them darnold a 2nd and a 3rd for their #4 overall.

Take sewell at 2 Lawrence/fields/wilson, whoever is there at 4.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Sewel is a guaranteed star LT.

Lawrence is a guaranteed star QB.

Fields has some nice upside potential but nothing guaranteed.

• BucsFan83

Participant

If you really wanted to, I’d say have Licht trade a round 2 pick for him. It’s not like Licht actually ever hits on those anyway.

• buc_boi

Participant

If you really wanted to, I’d say have Licht trade a round 2 pick for him. It’s not like Licht actually ever hits on those anyway.

Donovan Smith
      Ali marpet
      Rojo
      Carlton Davis
      Winfield jr
      SMB(jury still out)

Here’s 5.5 2nd round picks that Jason licht hit on, almost 50%, I’d take that any day.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Lol, Donovan Smith

Good joke

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

I’d take Sewell. Start building a great oline around Darnold. Get an actual coach who can use his talents. Didn’t Gase originally have Tannehill too?? I wouldn’t trade it away either unless it was way too good to say no.
      Jets missed a lot of time from WRs this year. Get the dominant Oline and it makes all skill players better.

Also like someone else said. This year is a year of more misses than usual n gems sliding further than maybe would have in normal year. Sometimes too the reality is a class can be weak. I think this is a weak class.

What’s it worth Kiper said Darnold grade was higher than Fields coming out. I know he catches heat but his evaluations are usually spot on. The guys he has top 15-20 are usually THE top 15-20 players.

• dalbuc

Participant

If the rumors of Watson being available are true the Jets should trade for him…hell the Jags should trade for him.

• Bucman

Participant

If the rumors of Watson being available are true the Jets should trade for him…hell the Jags should trade for him.

He wants out. But I don’t see the Texans trading him and the package to get him would likely be too rich for any franchise to do.

If I were the Dolphins I’d do it. Trade them Tua, their pick and whatever else they wanted.

• Biggs3535

Participant

He wants out. But I don’t see the Texans trading him and the package to get him would likely be too rich for any franchise to do.

If I were the Dolphins I’d do it. Trade them Tua, their pick and whatever else they wanted.

He’s a great player, but if I’m an owner, I’m not sure I want to trade for a guy that throws a temper-tantrum when I don’t hire the GM he wants.

• Natural Selection

Participant

I tend to get a little pissed when I’m treated like a child. I don’t know where the truth of that situation falls. If ownership told Watson his input is valued and he would be PART of the decision making process, then he was excluded, I would completely understand losing trust in ownership and wanting out. If Watson has been given input and is whining that his preference wasn’t followed, that’s a completely different story for me. Unless Watson is blatantly lying himself, I agree with his vocal frustration. If you didn’t want my input, tell me to stay in my lane. Then at least I can feel like you’re dealing with me as an adult. Trying to placate me with no intention of following through might have me ready to walk if my employer did something similar. It’s certainly not how I’d expect to be dealt with if my company truly valued me in the role they tell me they want me to fill.

• buc-in-out

Participant

Watson was kept in the dark and had no idea Hopkins was getting traded, so naturally when he re-signed he wanted to have some sort of input, or at least to be kept in the loop..

Yet another example of the Texans proving they’re the worst run professional sports team in North America, it’s embarrassing.

• dalbuc

Participant

Watson asked for Bienemy and apparently the Texans are the only team looking for an HC that didn’t interview Bienemy. Seriously?

I’d have zero issue with the Bucs trading for Watson if a Brady decides to walk away after this season and giving up big picks to do it.

• Roy

Participant