Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Do we have the easiest path?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous Sep. 19, 2019 at 6:10 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

ronald macdonald
    Participant

Don’t look now but our schedule, as of today, looks ripe for a 10-6 season.

Brees is out for a minimum of 6 weeks, and will likely have a 3-5 type of record at best when/if he returns.

Newton isn’t Newton anymore. Unless he flips a switch they look like a .500 ball club at best.

The Falcons are a mystery, but if our defense continues to play well and doesn’t regress, we should be the better overall team.

On paper, the toughest games we have are @LA Rams, and @Seattle. I hope we can win at least 1, but we will see.

Outside of those games, we have the Cardinals, Lions, Texans, Colts, Jags, and Titans. None of those games are necessarily gimmes… but if we are worth a damn, we should at least win 4 out of the 6.

My prediction:

Giants (W)
    Saints (W / L)
    Falcons (L / W)
    Panthers (W)
    Rams (L)
    Seahawks (L)
    Jags (W)
    Colts (W)
    Texans (L)
    Titans (W)
    Lions (W)
    Cardinals (W)

10-6 and NFC South Champs!

+9
    Rating: +1. From 17 votes.
    Please wait...

BucBalla85
    Participant

Things change so fast. Just a few weeks ago people were saying how the schedule was brutal and wed likely only win a few games out of it. Now we are 10-6? Lets just pump the breaks with this team. Last year should have taught us that the first few weeks of the season dont mean anything. Lets check back in November and see where they are then.

+13
    Rating: +12. From 14 votes.
    Please wait...

Alldaway 2.0
    Participant

I don’t see it. Right now most people (Bucs fans) have this team pegged to win six to eight games.  If the Bucs stay healthy and are still competitive heading into Dec maybe they have a shot.

Right now the NFC looks to be a lot stronger than the AFC.

Rams 2-0, SF 2-0, Seattle 2-0, Cowboys 2-0.  Throw in the Bears, Packers, Lions, Falcons,  Bucs, and Eagles.

I would not be surprised if a NFC team goes 10-6 and misses the playoffs as a wild card.

Right now I would argue the Bucs must win most of their division games and the rest they have to split to have a chance of winning the division.  I don’t see a wild card being enough.

But that can change in one month due to injuries.  Look at the AFC with the injuries changing so much for the Jets, Steelers, and Chargers.

+5
    Rating: +4. From 6 votes.
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Alldaway 2.0.

BP1
    Participant

Things change so fast. Just a few weeks ago people were saying how the schedule was brutal and wed likely only win a few games out of it. Now we are 10-6? Lets just pump the breaks with this team. Last year should have taught us that the first few weeks of the season dont mean anything. Lets check back in November and see where they are then.

This is exactly why I don’t predict the season ending record at the beginning of the season. I go week by week due to the ever changing factors. Also teams are so different from season to season. So far I have a 1-1 record. I thought we would win the first game. When we lost that one I felt the team needed to rally for a team win if Jameis would not lose the game for us. I’m predicting a win on Sunday. I’m surrounded by Giants fans up here so they better win because I’m talking trash this week. lmao

+7
    Rating: +5. From 9 votes.
    Please wait...

BucBalla85
    Participant

This is exactly why I don’t predict the season ending record at the beginning of the season. I go week by week due to the ever changing factors. Also teams are so different from season to season. So far I have a 1-1 record. I thought we would win the first game. When we lost that one I felt the team needed to rally for a team win if Jameis would not lose the game for us. I’m predicting a win on Sunday. I’m surrounded by Giants fans up here so they better win because I’m talking trash this week. lmao

Well just look at last year. Early on we had the most explosive offense in the league and many were thinking this could be the year the Bucs finally make the playoffs or at least get close. Nope the team was so bad the rest of the year it just seemed like the Bucs luck had not changed at all. For me it wont feel different until we get back into that win column and stay there for majority of the season. So really its just like you said its a week to week thing and I think being a bucs fan now as long as I have, its the only way I can stay sane with this team. lol.

+4
    Rating: +4. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  BucBalla85.

X
    Participant

The traveling is tough for the Bucs. That game in Seattle is going to be rough, the Tams game will be as well. Bucs do not play well on the west coast for whatever reason (lag).

+3
    Rating: +2. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...

BP1
    Participant

The traveling is tough for the Bucs. That game in Seattle is going to be rough, the Tams game will be as well. Bucs do not play well on the west coast for whatever reason (lag).

One game at a time, X. I would not lead you wrong. 🙂

+3
    Please wait...

Team Pteranodon
    Participant

Didn’t we just play a game against a bad team and were a single yard away from losing? Keep perspective.

+5
    Rating: +2. From 8 votes.
    Please wait...

Butters
    Participant

We are currently only favored in two games the rest of the way. That will change if/when we win some big games. So it’s certainly way too early for hype, but the fact is the door is open. Carolina and New Orleans are in trouble. The Falcons are similar to us in mediocrity right now… see where we are in two weeks.

+5
    Rating: +3. From 7 votes.
    Please wait...

The Anti-Java
    Participant

Don’t look now but our schedule, as of today, looks ripe for a 10-6 season.

Brees is out for a minimum of 6 weeks, and will likely have a 3-5 type of record at best when/if he returns.

Newton isn’t Newton anymore. Unless he flips a switch they look like a .500 ball club at best.

The Falcons are a mystery, but if our defense continues to play well and doesn’t regress, we should be the better overall team.

On paper, the toughest games we have are @LA Rams, and @Seattle. I hope we can win at least 1, but we will see.

Outside of those games, we have the Cardinals, Lions, Texans, Colts, Jags, and Titans. None of those games are necessarily gimmes… but if we are worth a damn, we should at least win 4 out of the 6.

My prediction:

Giants (W)

Saints (W / L)

Falcons (L / W)

Panthers (W)

Rams (L)

Seahawks (L)

Jags (W)

Colts (W)

Texans (L)

Titans (W)

Lions (W)

Cardinals (W)

10-6 and NFC South Champs!

I like your optimism, but 10-6 might not even be good enough for Wildcard.

+2
    Rating: +1. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...

FLASH
    Participant

Didn’t we just play a game against a bad team and were a single yard away from losing? Keep perspective.

The same “bad team” that went toe to toe with the Rams 30-27 (one of best teams last season) the game before? The same Rams that struggled to stop the one player the Bucs shut down?

+7
    Rating: +7. From 7 votes.
    Please wait...

NotDeadYet
    Participant

An 8-8 record has a legit shot to win our division, now that the Saints have been de-railed… It’s a long season for everyone…

+2
    Rating: 0. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...

creamsicles
    Participant

I can easily see 10 wins if the offense can gel in the new system sooner rather than later.

+2
    Rating: +2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...

J.A.S.H.E.R.
    Participant

Hmm ok so the 4th most penalized team in the league with a very pedestrian offense is going to win 10 games. 🤡

+3
    Please wait...

m_j
    Participant

NFC south might get crazy 🙂

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.