Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 86 reply threads

• Author

• EricPage#1Receiver

Participant

If we both lose out, then it looks like the Titans will have a worse SOS.

• Anonymous

Inactive

[member=23448]gregauman[/member]: .[member=17446]bendavis212[/member] Not that simple. SOS tiebreaker can still shift in remaining 34 games. Bucs essentially have four-game SOS lead on Titans.So with 2 left we have some play but cannot have an NFCS team win outside the division.

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, MNF could Grinch it?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seeing the we played the Bears and Saints,Im not sure how

• billym

Participant

As mentioned, SOS changes week to week. So we gotta lose out and hope for the best.

• Anonymous

Inactive

We want a bears win since saints count twice on our SOS if I recall properly.

• Anonymous

Inactive

As mentioned, SOS changes week to week. So we gotta lose out and hope for the best.

That's right. Handle our own business.

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.bucsnation.com/2014/12/14/7391717/nfl-draft-order-2015-buccaneers-remain-on-top-jets-drop-out-of-raceTB 2 - 12 104 - 114 - 3TEN 2 - 12 109 - 112 - 1That's cutting it quite close as of right now. Here's some teams we should root for:Chiefs over Steelers (they would increase their SOS while lowering ours since we faced the steelers)Chiefs over ChargersTexans over Baltimore (huge since they play the Texans twice, so it would count twice)Jaguars over TexansMiami over MinnesotaSeahawks over GiantsEagles over RedskinsGiants over RamsPatriots over Jets

• billym

Participant

http://www.bucsnation.com/2014/12/14/7391717/nfl-draft-order-2015-buccaneers-remain-on-top-jets-drop-out-of-raceTB 2 - 12 104 - 114 - 3TEN 2 - 12 109 - 112 - 1That's cutting it quite close as of right now. Here's some teams we should root for:Chiefs over Steelers (they would increase their SOS while lowering ours since we faced the steelers)Chiefs over ChargersTexans over Baltimore (huge since they play the Texans twice, so it would count twice)Jaguars over TexansMiami over MinnesotaSeahawks over Giants

Titans could beat the Jags next Sunday and make all that irrelevent, just sayin.Edit:  Titans/Jags is Thursday night.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Might be more likely than the other scenarios.

• mdclarie

Participant

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/conferenceRank/order/falseOn this site we have a .452 SOS and TENN has a .539. Its not even close? Jax is at .533 and Oak at .577Not sure the last two weeks can change things up enough to even that up.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have no idea. I just hope we do our part and lose out.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs lose to GB and Titans lose to Jags and they pick up 8 games in the SOS.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Remaining schedules for NFCS teams:Bucs - Packers, SaintsSaints - @ Bears, Falcons, @ BucsFalcons - @ Saints, PanthersPanthers - Browns, @ FalconsSo for the Bucs to have the lowest SOS possible the Bucs need to lose out, Bears beat Saints, and Browns beat Panthers.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was about to say that we have a hefty advantage in the SOS category. It all depends the Titans could very well win this game against the Jags and we’d be fine, because I can only imagine what Green Bay is going to do to us and the Saints will most likely have playoff aspirations and will beat us.

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are quite lucky the NFCS is so terrible this year. Have practically have them to tank for our SOS.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Remaining schedules for NFCS teams:Bucs - Packers, SaintsSaints - @ Bears, Falcons, @ BucsFalcons - @ Saints, PanthersPanthers - Browns, @ FalconsSo for the Bucs to have the lowest SOS possible the Bucs need to lose out, Bears beat Saints, and Browns beat Panthers.

Panthers could end up winning the division and hosting a playoff game with a 6-9-1 record.  What a $hitty division.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Blake Bortles – QB – JaguarsBlake Bortles has been diagnosed with a mid-foot sprain, and is "questionable" for Thursday's game against the Titans.Unless Bortles has the mildest foot sprain ever, we'd consider him more doubtful than questionable to take the field in a little over 72 hours. It's unclear when Bortles suffered the injury in Sunday's (latest) loss, as he played 69-of-69 snaps. Chad Henne will get the call for Thursday Night Football if Bortles can't go, further dulling an already unappealing matchup. Henne would be well off the DFS radar if he gets the call.Related: Chad HenneSource: John Oehser on Twitter Dec 15 - 1:38 PM

• Anonymous

Inactive

I actually think Henne gives them a better chance to win than Bortles right now. But wow that’s spot on. “Unappealing matchuup” is an understatement.

• billym

Participant

Blake Bortles - QB - JaguarsBlake Bortles has been diagnosed with a mid-foot sprain, and is "questionable" for Thursday's game against the Titans.Unless Bortles has the mildest foot sprain ever, we'd consider him more doubtful than questionable to take the field in a little over 72 hours. It's unclear when Bortles suffered the injury in Sunday's (latest) loss, as he played 69-of-69 snaps. Chad Henne will get the call for Thursday Night Football if Bortles can't go, further dulling an already unappealing matchup. Henne would be well off the DFS radar if he gets the call.Related: Chad HenneSource: John Oehser on Twitter Dec 15 - 1:38 PM

Go Titans !  Get that win.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Titans may be down to Charley Whitehurst as their starter.  Locker is doubtful and Mettenberger is out…

• billym

Participant

Titans may be down to Charley Whitehurst as their starter.  Locker is doubtful and Mettenberger is out...

So they win 3-0Its still a win.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I heard that if the Saints lose we lock up the #1 pick. At least I THINK I read that somewhere...maybe twitter? Can't remember.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is hard to imagine that a team outside of the NFC South could have the worst SoS.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is hard to imagine that a team outside of the NFC South could have the worst SoS.

the universe has lined up to give us this pick. We need to finish strong.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Man if we lose on some SOS tiebreaker that would just be awful.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't mind as long as the titans take Mariota, leaving us forced to select Winston.I don't really mind as long as the pick is Winston regardless..

• Anonymous

Inactive

Won't happen... the universe is giving us that number one overall.

• Anonymous

Inactive

...And with the first selection in the 2015 NFL draft, Lovie Smith selects special team ace LB Shiity McSucksathisjob from Eastern Wisconsin Community College....

• Anonymous

Inactive

Been a Bucs fan long?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Been a Bucs fan long?

Yeah, it isn't exactly the foam finger #1...

• Anonymous

Inactive

Been a Bucs fan long?

Long enough and suffered long enough.I would have went crazy if I was around from 70 tho.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Based on my predictions, the Bucs final S.O.S. will be 0.486 (123-130-3), while the Titans will be 0.490 (125-130-1).

• billym

Participant

Have faith guys.Titans  48Jags      3

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the Jags are going to win quite easily to be honest with you.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the Jags are going to win quite easily to be honest with you.

Not with Chad Henne starting.Its going a whos wants to lose more fight

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even with the Saints winning, which hurts our SOS, it’s better for us that they have something to play for week 17.

• richhussey

Participant

All we need to do is lose out. Who cares what the Titans do.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even with the Saints winning, which hurts our SOS, it's better for us that they have something to play for week 17.

Exactly.  SOS won't matter any if we slip up and win a game.  It was more important the Saints have something to play for in Week 17 than to better (or worsen) our SOS.  I'm pretty sure now, regardless of who wins next week between ATL and NO, the Saints' playoff chances remain alive the last week, although they would need help.

• Anonymous

Inactive