Who’s available?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Need to call Murray and Barth asap.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

to answer the thread title:does a bear shit in the woods?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are lots of good kickers out there. I think he is a goner. I was a fan too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brindza needs to be cut before he even gets on the plane.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m a firm believer that you need to support your kicker but man, I’d be surprised if he makes it through Monday on our roster. 10 points he left on the field today and some of these kicks were simple.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Still don’t understand the Barth cut. He’s the most accurate kicker in our team History and he kicked pretty well for the Broncos last year. Has he really fell that far off?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But our kicker said he can hit from 70+

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you can blame the kicker all you want but he hit a 60 yarder to get you in the game.  and missed a sixty yarder whe the game was already lost.yeah he missed 2 and an extra point  but if the kicker cost you this game what the hell did the offense do to win it

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think there was a issue with the turf. Early on was fine, but as the game went on both kickers were pulling kicks. Just my observation.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you can blame the kicker all you want but he hit a 60 yarder to get you in the game.  and missed a sixty yarder whe the game was already lost.yeah he missed 2 and an extra point  but if the kicker cost you this game what the hell did the offense do to win it

The evil wilfork will not bend. He is blob. The apostle hampster could not bend, or break, his evil/fatass will.Evans did not pray to jameis today, so it is his fault. Had he brought crablegs as an offering, he would be singing joyous tunes of merriment.Instead, Evans will dine at the losers table, next to those evil mariotanites, and sip from the cup made of pineapples

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because both kickers were bad, they may blame the new turf. And give him a pass.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we can scrounge a roster spot for a short yardage kicker and keep Brindza for kick offs and the possible game winning long ones?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is bs. We have tangible, empirical evidence that Brindza cost us the game. He literally cost the Bucs 7 points. No what ifs. No hypotheticals. He singlehandedly cost the team 7 points.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is bs. We have tangible, empirical evidence that Brindza cost us the game. He literally cost the Bucs 7 points. No what ifs. No hypotheticals. He singlehandedly cost the team 7 points.

True, but the other guy was nearly as bad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is all moot as Lovie just announced he will remain the PK for the Buccaneers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is all moot as Lovie just announced he will remain the PK for the Buccaneers.

May have been a turf issue.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Which means we can expect his release by midweek

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless he does the same thing next week at home.No excuses then.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Absolutely. I think he gets another week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie has already said after the game, "sometimes kickers are a little off". So he is still safe. My concern is this is how this dude kicked he entire ND career. He had hot and cold moments. Try to explain that way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie has already said after the game, "sometimes kickers are a little off". So he is still safe. My concern is this is how this dude kicked he entire ND career. He had hot and cold moments. Try to explain that way.

What he has going for him, is the Texans kicker was pretty bad too. So I think the turf played into that. It might have been giving way on the plant foot. Loose.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Still, it costs nothing to bring in kickers for a look. I guess it depends on how he’s done in practice. But to not cash in on opportunities is tough to take.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Still, it costs nothing to bring in kickers for a look. I guess it depends on how he's done in practice. But to not cash in on opportunities is tough to take.

I am sure they have a couple on speed dial all through the season.  But I think they give this guy the benefit of the doubt. Give him another shot on the grass next week. Then see how that goes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

they scored 19and if you're going to count the 60 yarder when the bucs had no chance in hell of winning well then we truly have lost the ability to reason

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Murray was hurt and thus didn’t make the team. Barth was cut I think because he’s weak on kickoffs and the Bucs knew they wanted to cut Koenen (who made a lot of money and did all the kickoffs). Brindza looked fine until today. I don’t want to overreact. I’ll give him one more game but today was alarming.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Murray was hurt and thus didn't make the team. Barth was cut I think because he's weak on kickoffs and the Bucs knew they wanted to cut Koenen (who made a lot of money and did all the kickoffs). Brindza looked fine until today. I don't want to overreact. I'll give him one more game but today was alarming.

Agree on all points

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think there was a issue with the turf. Early on was fine, but as the game went on both kickers were pulling kicks. Just my observation.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

to answer the thread title:does a bear (censored) in the woods?

Actually they don't. They dig a hole first before handling their business so they can keep the soil fresh in the woods. What planet have you been living on genius?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They might at least see if Murray is ready…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because both kickers were bad, they may blame the new turf. And give him a pass.

Let's take a look at this from Kickology (2013).http://kickology.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-grass-under-my-feet.htmlGrass vs. Artificial Turf: Preferences & AdjustmentsExactly how do these different surfaces affect the kicking game? We checked with a few people that currently kick or previously kicked for a living...Jay Feely, Arizona Cardinals kicker"[FieldTurf]'s helpful because you get better footing, you get consistent footing. On a grass field, even if it’s a real nice grass field, you may hit a loose spot and lose your footing, and that makes it tough to kick and be consistent. Probably the easiest stuff to kick off of is the old Astroturf that nobody has anymore. Sometimes FieldTurf gets thick and you kind of chunk it, like you would hit a golf shot thick."Mason Crosby, Green Bay Packers kicker"The only difference is in the plant shoe. I wear longer cleats in grass and shorter on turf. Other than that, I do not make big adjustments." Joe Nedney, NFL kicker 1996-2010"Field turf is different than grass, obviously.  Some field turf has longer, thicker synthetic grass blades which makes striking the ball "clean" a little more difficult.  Natural surfaces "give" so if a kicker strikes the ground before the ball, he will make a divot.  Field turf doesn't allow for that.  A kicker's foot may skip off the turf if he hits the ground before the ball, causing a miss-hit.  There is, in my opinion, less margin for error on field turf and striking the ball "clean" becomes that much more important." Jeff Reed, NFL kicker 2002-2010"It depends on the kind of grass and the field you are playing on. It is easier on your body, whether you are a player or a kicker, when you play on grass. At times, when you get mud or sand, you have to adjust your steps because I attack the ball so I don’t want to slip. Field turf is nice because you can always attack the ball whether there is rain or snow. Sometimes, when it snows, if the field turf isn’t heated, there is snow on top of the field, so it is interesting, to say the least. I have had some crummy games dealing with that. Overall, as a kicker, I want grass. If the grass is slick, or it doesn’t hold over an entire season, artificial turf is better for me because I can trust it more."Ryan Longwell, free agent kicker"The obvious things with kicking in Lambeau were the wind and the temperature, which were always a factor. Probably a bigger factor that no one really realizes is that the field was always pretty torn up. A lot of the times it was just painted green for TV, and there was really no grass on it. So your footing wasn’t really stable there at times, which was a factor depending on the kick. Kicking in the Metrodome, not having to worry about your foot sticking in the ground is a big advantage....The biggest [adjustment] is whether or not your plant foot is going to slip or not. On wet or soft grass you have to be able to adjust on the fly if it slips."Connor Barth, Tampa Bay Buccaneers kicker"To my surprise, when I kicked in the ACC in North Carolina, for the most part all the fields in the ACC were pretty nice. Only one field I think, Wake Forest, was FieldTurf when I played in college. Mostly I kicked all on grass surfaces. And I love kicking off grass, because in North Carolina and South Carolina the ground has a lot of time to grow, they’re just a lot of fun, and the weather is usually pretty mild. Now that I kick in the NFL, the stadiums are only nice for about the first three games or four games. Then they start getting torn up because of the weather and stuff. I love kicking off FieldTurf now.... It doesn’t matter how much you play on it, it always stays the same. The big adjustment with the grass in the NFL now is... I don’t know what it is, perhaps there’s more play on it, I guess maybe because the hashes are closer together in the NFL, it gets torn up more. It’s a lot harder to find good spots on the NFL fields I feel. Kicking on FieldTurf, like when I got to kick in Cincinnati and places like that, it was so easy because every spot on the field was nice. It was all flat and there were no disruptions from when people were running around on it. I’m a grass guy, I like kicking off grass because I feel more comfortable. But now that I’ve kicked on more and more FieldTurf fields now that I’ve been in the NFL, I’m kind of leaning towards the FieldTurf just because it’s more of a flat surface and you never have the bumps and divots that you get in grass fields."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good stuff B.  But don’t forget that field was not finished until 2 days ago.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good stuff B.  But don't forget that field was not finished until 2 days ago.

Here is what Brindza had to say after the game. http://www.buccaneers.com/videos/videos/Kyle-Brindza-on-Missed-Opportunities/5d2f5088-963a-40ab-ba09-a5a4587cf490

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They had to find a way to stop the awesomeness of a lovie offense.Shame on the nfl for allowing them to make that sort of drastic change two days before a game!I bet they are now glad they did.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here is what Brindza had to say after the game. http://www.buccaneers.com/videos/videos/Kyle-Brindza-on-Missed-Opportunities/5d2f5088-963a-40ab-ba09-a5a4587cf490

I can't click on it, because I am at work. But I will be interested to see what comes out tomorrow about the field conditions. And if it was just our guy, fine. But it was both kickers, which is interesting.

Please wait…

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.