Monday, August 19, 2019

Do you agree this will be the Bucs Starting Lineup opening day?

This topic contains 41 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Havok904 May. 22, 2019 at 7:28 pm.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author

tog
    Participant

@nobody completely agree. And that’s why it was so mind boggling that Grimes started all season. I think some criticisms of Koetter and Mike Smith are misplaced but decisions like that demonstrate how fundamentally un-suited they were for their positions.

I hope that Bowles recognizes what he has and we don’t have a return to draft status and $$$ investment dictating playing time.

+1
    Rating: +1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...

Nobody
    Participant

Yeah, I’ll just ditto all of that.

+1
    Please wait...

Gareth
    Participant

Last year against the Eagles Ryan Smith’s game was the best I have seen from a Bucs corner in a long time but was never given a chance to build on it with any kind of consistent play time. I see the new regime giving him a real chance.

+5
    Rating: +5. From 5 votes.
    Please wait...

Nobody
    Participant

Last year against the Eagles Ryan Smith’s game was the best I have seen from a Bucs corner in a long time but was never given a chance to build on it with any kind of consistent play time. I see the new regime giving him a real chance.

Absolutely agree.

He was fantastic in that game (almost 89 grade overall, 79 Run, 87 Tackle, 88 Coverage).

Then he gets replaced by Grimes next week (who begins the 2018 mail-in)?

Terrible coaching job there.

+2
    Rating: +2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...

Havok904
    Participant

Too early

+1
    Rating: 0. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...

GoldsonAges
    Participant

Ryan Smith is my dark horse to start this year.

Last year he was clearly our best cb. He has shown steady improvement over the last few years.

Arians hates starting rookies. Unless Dean or Bunting really catch on to the defense and avoid rookie mistakes early on, Arians wont start them (all rookies make rookie mistakes lol).

VH3 best games have been at nickel and despite the myths is not and has never been a press jam outside cb. He wont be starting outside folks. VH3 best chance at reps is at nickle.

That leaves Smith and Davis as our two experienced and likely starting outside CB’s. Personally, I expect Dean will reolace Davis at some point. Dean really has a complete tool box and if I had to single out any player in the secondary I am most excited about it would be Dean.

+3
    Rating: +3. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...

GottaJaboo wrote:
    (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
    Update - UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

Havok904
    Participant

+1
    Please wait...

Havok904
    Participant

+1
    Please wait...

tog
    Participant

Arians hates starting rookies. Unless Dean or Bunting really catch on to the defense and avoid rookie mistakes early on, Arians wont start them (all rookies make rookie mistakes lol).

I agree with that post. Does Bowles start rookies though? I’d have to go look but he has a lot of control over the D and Arians likely defers to him in who he starts. And it may change with Leftwich as OC. That’s all hypothetical of course.

<twitter-widget class=”twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered” id=”twitter-widget-0″ style=”position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 550px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;” data-tweet-id=”1130474049602248704″></twitter-widget>
    <script async=”” src=”https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” charset=”utf-8″ type=”text/javascript”></script>

That’s got to be about Dotson. You don’t sign Smith to that deal and bench him. Only other possibility is Smith moving to RT and someone taking over LT (but who?).

<twitter-widget class=”twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered” id=”twitter-widget-1″ style=”position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 550px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;” data-tweet-id=”1129118773418573824″></twitter-widget>
    <script async=”” src=”https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” charset=”utf-8″ type=”text/javascript”></script>

If this is just based on Arians comments last week, we need more than that to make this call.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Alldaway 2.0
    Participant

LDE: Gholston

NT: Allen

RDE: Vea

SAM: Barrett

MLB: White

Stack: David

WILL: Nassib

LB/s: Bucannon

Nickel: VH3/Dean/Stewart

CB1: R. Smith

CB2: Murphy-Bunting

SS: Edwards

FS: J. Evans

That is my best educated guess.  But I do not believe this will be even the final opening day starting roster for the defense.  CB and OLB is unsettled for example as well as safety.

+2
    Rating: +2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...

ryan24
    Participant

Bucs introduce their new 13 man defense.

+1
    Rating: 0. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...

Havok904
    Participant

+1
    Please wait...
Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.