Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 25 reply threads

• Author

• Boid Fink

Participant

He was playing well before the injury. Was showing his mismatch capability, some solid blocking…I still think under Brady he will show his explosiveness.

• seekpar

Participant

Cut bait. Injury prone. Can’t stay on the field. Spend the $$$ elsewhere.

• TBChucky

Participant

I think Tom will want him back, so they’ll probably bring him back.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Correct me if I’m wrong but i believe 2021 is his 5th & final year of his rookie deal.

If any TE should be cut to save $ should be brate.

• Mic

Participant

He will we’re trying to make a run to the Super Bowl again, gronk is the one to take a pay cut, making 10M Brate already took one this year I believe probably has to take another next year. 3-4mil a year is a good spot

• RHBucsFan

Participant

You guys want to cut Brate for a guy that has finished EVERY YEAR OF HIS CAREER ON IR? I get Brate is overpaid, but come on.

Time to move on from OJ Howard, just like it was time to move on from Justin Evans.

• Live4BUCS

Participant

you don’t just let someone with OJ’s talent walk. If we do, i fear another Talib/Bennett where we cut bait too soon and regret it. Also, he will still be on a rookie deal. If we’re that worried about it, then make Brate take a pay cut. Brate seems to love it here and he must know he’s not worth the money he’s getting. Meanwhile give OJ another shot.

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

I’m torn here cuz I really like what Brate brings to the table but Howard is on a different planet athletically… honestly Gronk better take a pay cut or I’d move from him instead and keep Brate and Howard…

• Barnz1

Participant

I’m torn here cuz I really like what Brate brings to the table but Howard is on a different planet athletically… honestly Gronk better take a pay cut or I’d move from him instead and keep Brate and Howard…

Gronk has carried the TE room this season. He’s been one of the best TE’s in the league when you consider his receiving with his blocking.

A number of games he’s sacrificed his own stats and blocked exclusively because the Oline was overmatched in terms of match ups. Case in point vs WFT. Can rely on OJ to match this production and play every game?

That would be extremely risky. I think Gronk comes back for 6mil or so anyways for one last year with Brady.

• JC5100

Participant

Howard will be one of the best contract values on the team next year. Plenty of guys to release ahead of Howard.

• TBChucky

Participant

Agreed. I don’t see OJ going anywhere. Pressure Brate and Gronk to take less pay to stay. I bet they both will.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

I’m good with keeping Howard as he is on a rookie deal one more year but to expect him to miraculously pull it together in year 5 is a pipe dream. He can’t ever stay healthy and all he does is flash “potential.” He’s never consistently done anything on the field.

I would love to bring back Gronk and Brate on more team friendly deals next season. Both have fit well with Brady and this offense, improving chemistry all season.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Gronk makes really tough grabs with guys draped on him or about to crush him. He is a tremendous asset. His blocking v. Washington was great. Gronk is a guy people don’t like tackling. Brate gets knocked down easily and OJ isn’t that massive presence that Gronk is. Gronk actually looks like he has his football speed back. He looked slow to start everything off, but his body is starting to remember…

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

Gronk makes really tough grabs with guys draped on him or about to crush him. He is a tremendous asset. His blocking v. Washington was great. Gronk is a guy people don’t like tackling. Brate gets knocked down easily and OJ isn’t that massive presence that Gronk is. Gronk actually looks like he has his football speed back. He looked slow to start everything off, but his body is starting to remember…

Gronk is an extra either LT/RT when he’s kept blocking no one is arguing that… he does make the tough catches up the middle with guys coming to knock his head off and somehow he stills hangs on is beyond me…

but considering how much we’d have to pay him at his age is what’s scares me…he’s been through hell and back throughout his career getting body parts hurt and concussions…

Would I love to have him back along with Brate and Howard? Hell yea but knowing the team looks like it’s gonna be strapped for cash I rather keep the young in Howard…

Maybe some of Gronk even rubbed off on Howard this year on how to be a pros pro..

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Gronk is an extra either LT/RT when he’s kept blocking no one is arguing that… he does make the tough catches up the middle with guys coming to knock his head off and somehow he stills hangs on is beyond me…

but considering how much we’d have to pay him at his age is what’s scares me…he’s been through hell and back throughout his career getting body parts hurt and concussions…

Would I love to have him back along with Brate and Howard? Hell yea but knowing the team looks like it’s gonna be strapped for cash I rather keep the young in Howard…

Maybe some of Gronk even rubbed off on Howard this year on how to be a pros pro..

You’re worried about Gronk falling off next year because of age and wear and tear? Fair enough. But to not have even more concerns over Howard’s health history seems irrational.

• Biggs3535

Participant

You guys want to cut Brate for a guy that has finished EVERY YEAR OF HIS CAREER ON IR? I get Brate is overpaid, but come on.

Time to move on from OJ Howard, just like it was time to move on from Justin Evans.

The Justin Evans comparison is unfair at best, exaggerated at worst. Howard has played in 10+ games in every season, except this one. Howard and Evans were drafted in the same season, yet Evans has only played in 24 games while Howard has played in 42 games.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Gronk is a FA.

He made 10 mil in 2020.

If he comes back it better be less then 5 mil. I love me some Gronk, but not at 10 mil.

• BChaves8

Participant

His Cap hit isn’t very bad. Bring him back.

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

You’re worried about Gronk falling off next year because of age and wear and tear? Fair enough. But to not have even more concerns over Howard’s health history seems irrational.

It’s been freak injuries with Howard and I’m not sure whats so hard to understand when I said Gronk will be too expensive… I’d love him back at the right price along with Brate and Howard… pick up Howard’s 5th year option which won’t even be close to Gronk asking price… that’s why I said I’d rather keep Brate at a lesser deal and Howard at his rookie instead of paying Gronk north of 10 mil…

• RHBucsFan

Participant

It’s been freak injuries with Howard and I’m not sure whats so hard to understand when I said Gronk will be too expensive… I’d love him back at the right price along with Brate and Howard… pick up Howard’s 5th year option which won’t even be close to Gronk asking price… that’s why I said I’d rather keep Brate at a lesser deal and Howard at his rookie instead of paying Gronk north of 10 mil…

I think we’re in agreement here. I too would love to have Gronk/Brate/Howard back next year. Yes, Gronk and Brate would need to be signed to team friendly deals, and it would be nice for Howard to stay healthy while finishing out his rookie contract

• Boid Fink

Participant

Also have to consider Gronk is contemplating retirement again. He said he needs a little time to think about it.

Brady will be in his ear.

• Tyler

Participant

Agree, and I feel Gronk will only play with Brady. Because of that he may sign a team friendly deal for 1 year.

Edit:fixed an auto correct issue

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Howard will be in a contract year.

Those are years where you get the best productivity.

Zero reason to cut him.

Brate and Gronk are overpaid but I’d like to keep them both at the right price

• BUCPOWER

Participant

Howard’ 2021 salary is just over $6M. There is no other cap hit as all the elements of the signing bonus will have been absorbed.

That is a pretty hefty sum when you consider Gronkowski and Brate’s hits. It will be two of the three on the roster at most as the Bucs are pretty high on Tanner Hudson.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

1. I believe Licht already green light his 5th-year option already.
      2. Although, I think we can still release him before the next season starts, iirc.
      3. Although injury prone, he is still the best two-way TE we have.
      4. Having Gronk here is what OJ will want to emulate and Brady will want to keep.

5. Does Brady want him here? That’s who is the decision maker here. Brady only played with Antonio Brown once in a game and wanted him here.

• Vance

Participant

I hate it but he might be gone. He will go to the Pats become a unstoppable force and never get hurt again. :(

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

He hasn’t played a single entire 16 game season since he’s come into this league. He is injury prone, and at this point, it’s time to pay him. Move on from him.

• Mic

Participant

Oj’s ceiling isnt that high, its because he lacks natural pass catcher ability and the football instincts.

40-50 catch 800 yards max production I think is what you get out of him, when he could be a vernon davis if he worked harder on football knowledge

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.