Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 45 reply threads

• Author

• JC5100

Participant

That pick they have from the Texans is #3 overall right now. I heard a Dolphins writer on a podcast mention this when Tua replaced Fitz that they wanted to give Tua a test this season because they have the ammo to get Lawrence. There’s no way they can be pleased with Tua because despite the media hype he’s played poorly. He has three of the worst ESPN QBR games in the league this season.

You’re probably asking why the Jags would trade him. Well Lawrence could pull an Elway/Manning and say he’s not going to play for the Jaguars. He shouldn’t play for the Jaguars. His team should get him to the Dolphins. Tua, #3 overall, Dolphins #1, Texans #2, Dolphins #2 and maybe some future picks is fair compensation.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

First of all, Jax would never go for that. Lawrence is the stud QB they’ve been hoping to get for a long time.

Second, it would cripple the Dolphins salary cap for 2021. Tua’s signing bonus was 4 years for over $30 million (all guaranteed) with a signing bonus of close to $20 million. That means the Dolphins would take at least a $15 million cap hit for 2021. You can’t afford that type of cap hit for a guy who isn’t on your team.

• theknees

Participant

Agreed. Tua is a name and a look and a college football team. He’s not a pro level QB. Way too timid.

They certainly have the capital to make a move. Hurts is a far superior pro QB to Tua.

• Boid Fink

Participant

They will NEVER get Trev Law. Never.

• RudeGuy

Participant

The Dolphins made their bed at QB already.

• JC5100

Participant

First of all, Jax would never go for that. Lawrence is the stud QB they’ve been hoping to get for a long time.

Second, it would cripple the Dolphins salary cap for 2021. Tua’s signing bonus was 4 years for over $30 million (all guaranteed) with a signing bonus of close to $20 million. That means the Dolphins would take at least a $15 million cap hit for 2021. You can’t afford that type of cap hit for a guy who isn’t on your team.

I’m going to dismantle both arguments.

First of all, if Lawrence says he’s not playing for the Jaguars then there’s nothing they can do about it. He can go back to school or sit out if they don’t trade him. Eli Manning did it with the Chargers and it worked. Chargers were forced to take the best deal they could get or risk losing the #1 overall pick.

Secondly, the Dolphins would still have $43M of 2021 cap space if they trade Tua.

• Detrimental

Participant

Jags are not trading away T Law. They’ve been hurting for a franchise QB for years.

• Biggs3535

Participant

First of all, if Lawrence says he’s not playing for the Jaguars

You can’t dismantle an argument with an “if” statement. Speculation doesn’t dismantle arguments.

At this moment, there is no reason to think the Jaguars would trade the pick. If that changes – which is still speculation – the compensation you outlined would be reasonable.

• Boid Fink

Participant

This thread is literally all doodoo. Teams don’t give away franchise prospects like Trev Law for anything. Certainly not in this particular season that has been shot to shit by COVID-19.

This is a debate team matter. Not based in reality.

• JC5100

Participant

This thread is literally all doodoo. Teams don’t give away franchise prospects like Trev Law for anything. Certainly not in this particular season that has been shot to shit by COVID-19.

If teams don’t give away franchise players like Lawrence for anything then please explain the John Elway and Eli Manning trades.

• BucBalla85

Participant

There was speculation that burrow would never want to play for the Bengals but he never did that. I’m sure they will speculate the same about Trevor.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

It’s worded a bit weird, but what exactly would the Jags get in exchange for the #1 pick?

Jags Send:
      2021 #1 Overall

Jags Receive:
      2021 #3 Overall (via Miami/Houston)
      2021 1st rounder (via Miami)
      2021 2nd rounder (via Miami)

Is that what you were suggesting @jc5100 ?

• Boid Fink

Participant

When a player refuses to play for another franchise, sure. Lawrence is going to do that. Elegy wanted nothing to do with the Colts, Eli wanted nothing to do with San Diego. Eli had a pedigree, Elway was a two sport legend, would have gone to the Yankees. Rivers wasn’t a bad consolation for the Chargers, and most knew that. He didn’t have the Manning pedigree, but a fine prospect nonetheless. It is a bullshit topic, it won’t EVER happen. Book that.

If teams don’t give away franchise players like Lawrence for anything then please explain the John Elway and Eli Manning trades.

• Biggs3535

Participant

It’s worded a bit weird, but what exactly would the Jags get in exchange for the #1 pick?

Jags Send:
      2021 #1 Overall

Jags Receive:

Those picks and Tua, and possible future picks, I believe is what he said would be the compensation.

• Wutt

Participant

Agreed. Tua is a name and a look and a college football team. He’s not a pro level QB. Way too timid.

They certainly have the capital to make a move. Hurts is a far superior pro QB to Tua.

Tua future MVP now that you said he sucks.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Jags Send:
      2021 #1 Overall

Jags Receive:

Those picks and Tua, and possible future picks, I believe is what he said would be the compensation.

I’d tell them no thanks on Tua.

However, if they’re also adding 2022 first and second round picks; I’m pulling the trigger and taking that trade everyday.

• Watchman

Participant

The compensation makes sense. It would all depend on what the Jags think of Tua, and what the read is on Lawrence and where he wants to play.</p>

<script async src=”https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js”></script&gt;
      <ins class=”adsbygoogle”
      style=”display:block; text-align:center;”
      data-ad-layout=”in-article”
      data-ad-format=”fluid”
      data-ad-client=”ca-pub-6114677105545158″
      data-ad-slot=”1184249302″></ins>
      <script>
      (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
      </script>

<p>I was a kid when Elway was drafted, so can’t really comment on the dynamics of that draft.</p>
      <p>What I remember about the 04 draft and Manning pulling the “I don’t want to play for SD” is that there were other QBs available in the draft. At the time I don’t recall anyone thinking that Manning was worlds better than Rivers. Better? Sure, but I don’t think it was a massive gap.</p>
      <p>SD got a pretty good haul for trading Manning away, and still ended up with a franchise QB. So do the Jags think Tua is a franchise QB?

• Boid Fink

Participant

RGknee and Luck. What was the compensation for that again? Ok then. Those offers are lowball.

No way any of those would ever happen. Not. A. Chance.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Redskins gave up 3 first round picks, and a second to move up to select RG3, moved four spots.

And you guys are taking 2 1sts? Lolz!!! Never happen. Jacksonville will want at least 3 firsts. And a second. They aren’t moving away from Lawrence. Khan wants to sell tickets.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

First of all, if Lawrence says he’s not playing for the Jaguars then there’s nothing they can do about it. He can go back to school or sit out if they don’t trade him. Eli Manning did it with the Chargers and it worked. Chargers were forced to take the best deal they could get or risk losing the #1 overall pick.

Secondly, the Dolphins would still have $43M of 2021 cap space if they trade Tua.

I’m going to dismantle your attempts to dismantle my points.

1. Trevor Lawrence would not come out and say he isn’t playing for Jacksonville. He’s not John Elway or Eli Manning. His character is too good for him to do that. Even if he did, the Jaguars can tell him to go fuck himself. That would force him either to play or to sit out a year and be re-drafted all over again. Both options would put him in a bad light, the second option would also be a huge risk to his NFL future.

2. It doesn’t matter how much cap room Miami has. No team will condone a cap hit of $15 million in dead money on one player.

• Greattimes

Participant

Miami did a lot of dealing to accumulate some high draft choices in the process of building their team. They are not going to scrap all those draft choices for one player. If they feel tau is not the answer then they will use the 3rd pick of the draft to select a QB. If they want to give Tau another year to establish himself, they may trade the 3rd pick for another bounty of draft picks. Would Washington trade 2 first round picks to move up to #3.
      Buffalo’s QB Allen didn’t look too good his first 2 years in the NFL, but is lighting it up this year. The Dolphins may be hoping that they see the same results from Tau.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Legit.

I’m going to dismantle your attempts to dismantle my points.

1. Trevor Lawrence would not come out and say he isn’t playing for Jacksonville. He’s not John Elway or Eli Manning. His character is too good for him to do that. Even if he did, the Jaguars can tell him to go fuck himself. That would force him either to play or to sit out a year and be re-drafted all over again. Both options would put him in a bad light, the second option would also be a huge risk to his NFL future.

2. It doesn’t matter how much cap room Miami has. No team will condone a cap hit of $15 million in dead money on one player.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Personally if Trevor Lawrence doesn’t want to play for my team, I make him sit. I dont trade him. Let’s not create a world where these highly paid athletes get to bend the rules because feelings.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Redskins gave up 3 first round picks, and a second to move up to select RG3, moved four spots.

And you guys are taking 2 1sts? Lolz!!! Never happen. Jacksonville will want at least 3 firsts. And a second. They aren’t moving away from Lawrence. Khan wants to sell tickets.

I’m guessing you aren’t referring to me, because in my scenario, it clearly states more than two first rounders.

• Boid Fink

Participant

It would take more than 2 1sts and a few seconds and thirds. To get the next Andrew Luck type bonafide QB (sans the shortened career)? It would take at least 3 1’s. At least. And then a handful of 3’s and a second. At least.

I’m guessing you aren’t referring to me, because in my scenario, it clearly states more than two first rounders.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

It would take more than 2 1sts and a few seconds and thirds.

Hence, me saying the #3 and the other 1st rounder from this year, both of their 2nd rounders from this year, along with a 1st and 2nd next year.

And, yes, I would take that deal IN A HEARTBEAT if I’m the Jags.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Not me. Jags need a QB, and TLaw is absolutely looking the part. May not be, but he def looks it. Those types of chances are priceless.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Those types of chances are priceless.

Yeah. So are the chances of getting an opportunity to make out like absolute bandits with a treasure of premium draft capital and the chance to reload and rebuild within 2 years.

Jacksonville would be idiots to not take that offer.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Personally if Trevor Lawrence doesn’t want to play for my team, I make him sit. I dont trade him. Let’s not create a world where these highly paid athletes get to bend the rules because feelings.

That’s even if you can sign him. Keep in mind, he doesn’t have to sign with you if you draft him. But doing that would force him to sit out the year and go into the draft again next year. No players is going to put their future on the line that way.

But assuming you sign him, are you going to pay him #1 overall draft pick money to ride the pine?

While top draft picks contracts aren’t insanely big like they used to be, they are still pretty hefty.

• Greattimes

Participant

How successful are teams that give up a boatload of draft choices to move up in the draft? Someone mentioned Washington giving away a bunch of draft choices to get RG3. How did that work out for Washington? How well is giving up a bunch of draft choices working out for the Texans? Sure made Miami happy.
      If Jacksonville can get a Kings Ransom for the #1 overall pick, then they should take the Kings Ransom. Andrew Luck was good for a few years before injuries derailed his career. Same could happen to Lawrence. Of course Dan Snyder still owns the Washington Football Team, so he could be taken again.
      This years crop of QB’s is deep and Jacksonville could trade out of the #1 spot and still get a really good QB. But any team in the top 10 could also stay pat and draft a good QB.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

If Jacksonville can get a Kings Ransom for the #1 overall pick, then they should take the Kings Ransom.

Absolutely!

• Roy

Participant

If I’m Miami I’d sit at 3 and take Sewell.

Jax would want three firsts and change, or two firsts and Tua.

• JC5100

Participant

If I’m Miami I’d sit at 3 and take Sewell.

Jax would want three firsts and change, or two firsts and Tua.

And that would make Miami instantly the 3rd best team in the league.

• JC5100

Participant

Bills pulled Josh Allen at halftime and Tua imploded in the 3rd qtr. Two INTs, one for a TD.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Bills pulled Josh Allen at halftime and Tua imploded in the 3rd qtr. Two INTs, one for a TD.

Do you think this makes Jacksonville want to trade out of #1 more or something?

• JC5100

Participant

Dolphins have the draft capital to make the Jags an absurd, undeniable offer.

• Biggs3535

Participant

And yet, whatever offer they propose will be denied by the Jags – especially if Tua is apart of it.

On another note, how much does it burn you up that Luke Stocker is still playing? He’s had a longer NFL career than just about every other JC All Star.

• theknees

Participant

Tua aint the guy. Do whatever you can to improve the QB spot if you are the Phins.

Still can’t believe their front office didn’t watch any tape on Tua from college. He’s short, he has a super average arm, and he’s coming off a very big injury. Nothing about him speaks to being an NFL QB. That team is ready to make a run too. Weird.

• kingtrojan

Participant

No for several reasons #1 being Tua was suppose to be can’t miss prospect just like Lawerence is projected to be and we see how Tua has performed so far. #2 Tua’s value is so low I don’t see the Jags believing they could improve Tua enough to pass on the unknown that Lawerene has right now.

• jcaulfield8

Participant

Knees? I’ve missed you in the Brady conversations today. It’s weird

• dexmonkey

Participant

i wouldnt blame Miami for dumping Tua. hes a media darling who gets way more credit than he deserves. dude has been flat garbage this year

if somehow Jax was stupid enough to trade #1 it would be a coup for Miami. doubly so if they could fool someone into trading for Tua

i dont see it happening at all though. Miami should take Sewell and then use their other #1 on a receiver and pray to christ that Tua stops sucking next year

• JC5100

Participant

And yet, whatever offer they propose will be denied by the Jags – especially if Tua is apart of it.

On another note, how much does it burn you up that Luke Stocker is still playing? He’s had a longer NFL career than just about every other JC All Star.

I’m surprised but certainly not “burned”. Kinda confused how he could be cut in the middle of the 2017 season for playing so poorly for Koetter and now he’s playing for Koetter again, apparently poorly because he has a 48 PFF rating.

• kenntak

Participant

I don’t understand the trashing of Tua. He is a rookie who has only started 9 games. Ok, his QBR was only around 53, but his interception percentage was only 1.7%, his completion percentage was over 64% and his record was 6-3.

Josh Allen had a QBR of 81.7 this year, ranked 3rd. In 2018, Josh Allen started 11 games, and his QBR was only 49.8, in 25th place. His interception percentage was 3.8% and his completion percentage a dismal 52.8%.

I notice that a lot of people on these boards are very impatient, and very emotional. That kind of thinking would have Buffalo getting rid of Josh Allen after his rookie season. Give Tua some time.

• JC5100

Participant

How about this one.

Tua and Houston’s #1 and #2 back to Houston for Deshaun Watson

• theknees

Participant

I don’t understand the trashing of Tua. He is a rookie who has only started 9 games. Ok, his QBR was only around 53, but his interception percentage was only 1.7%, his completion percentage was over 64% and his record was 6-3.

Josh Allen had a QBR of 81.7 this year, ranked 3rd. In 2018, Josh Allen started 11 games, and his QBR was only 49.8, in 25th place. His interception percentage was 3.8% and his completion percentage a dismal 52.8%.

I notice that a lot of people on these boards are very impatient, and very emotional. That kind of thinking would have Buffalo getting rid of Josh Allen after his rookie season. Give Tua some time.

Dude. The optics on Tua are very very bad. He has done well record wise because Miami is very well coached on defense and he’s completing passes for an average of about 5 yards a pop. Josh Allen has a stronger arm than Mahomes. That alone is worth holding out hope for. Tua just doesn’t look like an NFL QB. Conversely, Hurts does in a big big way.

• RW

Participant

Dude. The optics on Tua are very very bad. He has done well record wise because Miami is very well coached on defense and he’s completing passes for an average of about 5 yards a pop. Josh Allen has a stronger arm than Mahomes. That alone is worth holding out hope for. Tua just doesn’t look like an NFL QB. Conversely, Hurts does in a big big way.

You lose all credibility with your last comment. Hurts does in a big big way?????
      Hurts looked pretty mediocre against the WFT . He’s a great runner and below average passer. He’s a poor man’s Lamar Jackson in that he is inferior to LJ in both running and passing. When teams figure him out he will be a bottom 1/3 starter. I don’t think Tua is any better but could be an adequate game manager.

Viewing 45 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.