Viewing 8 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

This young guy I was skeptical about playing LT at the pros but he is showing signs of growth.  I hope he starts to show more drive as a run blocker, because when he does he is a physical OL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m very please with Smith and Marpet so far.  This could be the start of a very good Oline as long as they keep investing in it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm very please with Smith and Marpet so far.  This could be the start of a very good Oline as long as they keep investing in it.

Agreed. Love the progress of both.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I haven’t sat down and watched extra film to focus in on both of these guys, but from what I’m seeing during the games, I’m very impressed considering they’re rookies.I did happen to see a vine with Marpet in it the other day. Not really sure what he was doing on the play. It seemed like Clowney was running himself out of the play, but for some reason Ali got his entire body in front of him, which actually helped Clowney get in better position to make the play. Seemed like a weird blocking scheme to me. You can see Cherlius running around having no idea what to do.https://vine.co/v/eQ71QX9ubJ0

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It looks like Gosder was supposed to block Clowney there but Clowney is so freakishly fast, he got into Marpet so quickly that Gosder looked for someone else to block.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“So this Clowney guy might have a bit of potential…”Moron. It's pretty obvious that Marpet was already slanting left, Clowney crashed hard that way off the snap and rode Marpet left. Then bounced back right and made the tackle. Cherilous never had a chance to get there. #99 really made the play. You can see him come in from the right side after beating the TE. Doug turned inside and pretty much ran straight in to Clowney.The only thing I'd really fault Marpet for on this is Clowney is basically set up to slant inside pre-snap. If he had let Clowney cross his face and washed him out, the hole would have been G I G A N T I C

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah he hasn’t been the dominant run blocker he was projected to be. Usually LT’s his size excel at run blocking and struggle in pass protection. He will continue to progress and hopefully become a complete player. I’m glad Licht and Lovie picked him over Fisher. I see a lot of the young ligther LT’s that are finesse types are struggling in the league b/c they’re simply not strong enough. Smith > Collins and its not even remotely close, but I’m hoping he at least he pans out to be an above average starter in a few years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I also don’t recall Smith being penalized last game, which is a step in the right direction.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like what I’ve seen so far from Big Don. He was 1-on-1 with JJ Watt several times last week and held his own.

Please wait…

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.