Viewing 54 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

NFL Network’s Mike Mayock says Sammy Watkins could fall to the Bucs by Gil Arcia May 2, 2014supermansammy-tigernet_zps45a78741.jpg  When NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock speaks, people listen. Mayock has had a reputable track record throughout his career mocking drafts and breaking down film. And so on Thursday, he held his annual pre-draft press conference for media members around the NFL. Mayock touched on many things: Who’s stock is rising, how many quarterbacks will go in the first, what team will pick who, etc. When it came to the Bucs, he talked about their draft position and who he sees them possibly selecting.?I think they’re in a good place. A lot of the teams in the top 10 are talking about trading down because it’s such a good draft, blah, blah, blah.I think Tampa Bay is in a pretty good place to get a really good football player. One of the two mock drafts I did last night, Sammy Watkins fell to them. From my perspective, what a great pick that would be at seven. You pair him with Vincent Jackson and all of a sudden you help both your quarterbacks, whether it’s [Josh] McCown or [Mike] Glennon or whatever. If Watkins would fall to them, I think that would be phenomenal.The tight end, [Eric] Ebron, I think his interest starts right here in Tampa. He’s going to go somewhere I believe between seven and 13. So either way, whether it was a Watkins or Ebron, if you have a play-maker to help that offense, I think it would be awesome. They’re in a good place to sit and get a play-maker.Well, that just sounds fantastic. TBC’s Senior Writer Gil Arcia has been mocking Watkins to the Bucs, and has written articles on 620wdae.com about Tampa Bay being in a great position for Watkins.Watkins is a multi-dimensional threat on the field. He provides more than just a receiving threat. His return ability is highly touted by scouts across the league, he has good hands, and compliments his speed with strength as he can lower his shoulder in the open field to break a tackle.North Carolina tight end Eric Ebron would also be a good selection. Many compare him to San Francisco’s Vernon Davis but it is unknown how much of an impact the tight end would have in Jeff Tedford’s NFL-style offense.The teams ahead of the Buccaneers could find themselves drafting players based off of their needs. If that does happen, it’d be hard not to understand why Watkins wouldn’t fall to the Bucs.Follow Gil on Twitter: @GilArciaTBC    http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/mike_mayock_says_sammy_watkins_could_fall/16387243?linksrc=story_team_tampa_bay_buccaneers_auto_module_head_16387243

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would love to have him, but I can’t see him falling to #7.  He said the other day, he expects a team to trade up for him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Frisco wants him or Evans baaaaad…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its like this every yr. Teams see the early mocks come out and fantasies run wild about player x or y and then we have these mini camps right before the draft and reality sets in and teams end up drafting trench players early. I don’t see Watkins falling in our lap but I wouldn’t be surprised

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would be VERY surprised if Watkins slides to seven.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only way I see Watkins lasting to #7 if if 2 QB and 2 OL go in the top 6 selections along with Clowney and Mack. Somehow I just don’t see Watkins getting past the 5 hole.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, we would almost definitely have to trade up for him.. if he falls to 7, you take him period..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he falls to 7 trade down. We need extra picks more than we need a slow midget WR.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he falls to 7 trade down. We need extra picks more than we need a slow midget WR.

Dude....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If i didn't know better, i'd think Sammie slapped your momma!! And if he falls to 7, he'll be wearing the digitial font. Can't wait!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sammy would be a great fit for us.  Please let it happen!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, we would almost definitely have to trade up for him.. if he falls to 7, you take him period..

what about trading him to the Lions for their 10th pick and their 2nd?  Very tempting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the only way he slides to #7, is if there is a run on the QB’s early. And I don’t see that happening. Love Sammy, but I think the chances of him being a Buc are something like 5%.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Goldson ages = Mental Midget.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Other than the Rams and maybe Oakland, who would draft him in the top 6?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs have been very quiet about TE’s . Wouldn’t surprise me if Ebron was the secret target either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Other than the Rams and maybe Oakland, who would draft him in the top 6?

Every team?  He is a way safer pick than any of the QB's in this draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Falcons won’t take him.  I don’t see him going to the Texans #1.  Rams could use him but they could go OL or QB or trade down.  Oakland could but I think they go QB, LT or Mack.  Jaguars need QB or Mack/Clowney.  Browns I don’t see it. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Falcons won't take him.  I don't see him going to the Texans #1.  Rams could use him but they could go OL or QB or trade down.  Oakland could but I think they go QB, LT or Mack.  Jaguars need QB or Mack/Clowney.  Browns I don't see it.

Those are all very logical points. But when your pick comes around, and Sammy is sitting there, logic goes out the window for a superior talent like him. Good teams find a spot for good players.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Falcons won't take him.  I don't see him going to the Texans #1.  Rams could use him but they could go OL or QB or trade down.  Oakland could but I think they go QB, LT or Mack.  Jaguars need QB or Mack/Clowney.  Browns I don't see it.

Those are all very logical points. But when your pick comes around, and Sammy is sitting there, logic goes out the window for a superior talent like him. Good teams find a spot for good players.

I could see the dumb ass Falcons taking him. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I could see a number of teams going up after him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ya, they are real dumb asses. And you think we are set at QB, despite L&L sayin otherwise.  Gotcha.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I could see a team trading up for him if the Price is reasonable.  Lions?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think they have their sites set on Evans, thinking Sammy is out of reach.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what about trading him to the Lions for their 10th pick and their 2nd?  Very tempting.

Interesting thought. Could be the same situation with Evans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where does all of this "Lions need a WR" noise come from? They have the #3 passing offense before signing Golden Tate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe they need to dump Calvin to be able to sign Suh.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rumor has it they are very interested in Watkins.  CJ and him would be downright scary.  They have to do something to get past the Packers and Bears.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Smokescreen has it they are very interested in Watkins.

Fixed it for ya.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

smokescreen for a player no one thinks will be avail. when they pick anyways? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where does all of this "Lions need a WR" noise come from? They have the #3 passing offense before signing Golden Tate.

They seem to think they need a compliment to Megatron.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

smokescreen for a player no one thinks will be avail. when they pick anyways?

They want teams to think they are after WR’s.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

that’s why the goods pick last and not first

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it's all nonsense....especially with Caldwell as HC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If anything, i expect them to reign Stafford in.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it's all nonsense....especially with Caldwell as HC.

Ya, and they may have changed their tune after signing Tate. I believe they are one of the teams in win now mode, so I wouldn't put anything past them to be honest. Time is running out up there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ya, they are real dumb asses. And you think we are set at QB, despite L&L sayin otherwise.  Gotcha.

Again, you have to come after me.  Show me where L&L have said we are not set at QB.  Also, go root for the Falcon then  if you're so impressed with a 4-12 team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just have a hard time buying that  the #3 passing offense in the league will trade up for a WR while the team with the worst passing O in the league would sit idle.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Again, you have to come after me.  Show me where L&L have said we are not set at QB.  Also, go root for the Falcon then  if you're so impressed with a 4-12 team.

Now your a victim?  LOLRead more, post less.  L&L have said numerous times don't rule out the team taking a QB at #7. Does that sound like they think they are set at QB?Glennon is being shopped. Does that sound like they think they are set at QB?They brought in McCown. Does that make you think they thought they were set at QB?I could go on, but I think even you get the point by now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They brought in McCown.

and immediately named him starter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just have a hard time buying that  the #3 passing offense in the league will trade up for a WR while the team with the worst passing O in the league would sit idle.

Well, I am not sayin I agree with their line of thinking.  But Suh could bail out of there, and Megatron is not getting any younger. So I sense desperation which leads to head scratching moves.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now your a victim?  LOLRead more, post less.  L&L have said numerous times don't rule out the team taking a QB at #7. Does that sound like they think they are set at QB?Glennon is being shopped. Does that sound like they think they are set at QB?They brought in McCown. Does that make you think they thought they were set at QB?I could go on, but I think even you get the point by now.

All of these things you say are speculation outside of McCown who was brought into mentor a 3rd round pick.  L&L are smart enough to not let anyone know what they are doing so they have effectively said nothing.  Here's what I know - Glennon is not being shopped.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All of these things you say are speculation outside of McCown who was brought into mentor a 3rd round pick.  L&L are smart enough to not let anyone know what they are doing so they have effectively said nothing.  Here's what I know - Glennon is not being shopped.

Well, if you think things Lovie has said, is just speculation, I don't know what to tell you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, I am not sayin I agree with their line of thinking.  But Suh could bail out of there, and Megatron is not getting any younger. So I sense desperation which leads to head scratching moves.

Suh isn't going anywhere unless they let him and Megatron is in his prime. Meanwhile, their Defense ranked 23rd against the pass and they'll mortgage the future for another WR? That is the kinda stuff that'll get Mayhew sent packing!!IMO, or course.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah I remember it clearly.  “We are actively shopping Mike Glennon, he’s not part of our future plans here in Tampa.” – Lovie Smith. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Suh isn't going anywhere unless they let him and Megatron is in his prime. Meanwhile, their Defense ranked 23rd against the pass and they'll mortgage the future for another WR? That is the kinda stuff that'll get Mayhew sent packing!!IMO, or course.

Suh is a complete nut job. He fired his agent awhile back, a very well respected guy in the business. Then he declared he would act as him own agent.  He went to the pro bowl in Hawaii right around that time, and several agents tried to chat him up while they were there. He told them all to F-off. Well, soon after that he changed his tune and hired a agent. So I think the next logical step in the train wreck that is Suh, is that he holds out with the Lions and ends up somewhere else.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah I remember it clearly.  "We are actively shopping Mike Glennon, he's not part of our future plans here in Tampa." - Lovie Smith.

Seriously dude, you need to do more listening and less posting.  Listen to Lovie and Litch. Look at their moves. If you did, there is no way in hell a reasonably intelligent individual would think they thought we were set at QB.This has to be a bit right? Some kind of comedy routine?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This has to be a bit right? Some kind of comedy routine?

or he's got Glennon blood running thru his veins and is incapable of thinking objectively!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1000lb azz shtick has been pretty apparent for awhile now….he’s a poor man’s Java.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah I remember it clearly.  "We are actively shopping Mike Glennon, he's not part of our future plans here in Tampa." - Lovie Smith.

Seriously dude, you need to do more listening and less posting.  Listen to Lovie and Litch. Look at their moves. If you did, there is no way in hell a reasonably intelligent individual would think they thought we were set at QB.This has to be a bit right? Some kind of comedy routine?

So they brought in McCown because they knew they were going to draft a QB at #7.  A draft position where no QB is going to sit.  Yet you told McCown he was the starter and now you're going to start your regime with a media Sh%t storm with our "franchise" QB sitting on the bench wondering why he's got to wait his turn behind some grandpa journeyman.  I think you are the one that has to read a little more.  If you did without your fanboy glasses on, you'd realize there's some truth to what I am saying.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So they brought in McCown because they knew they were going to draft a QB at #7.  A draft position where no QB is going to sit.  Yet you told McCown he was the starter and now you're going to start your regime with a media Sh%t storm with our "franchise" QB sitting on the bench wondering why he's got to wait his turn behind some grandpa journeyman.  I think you are the one that has to read a little more.  If you did without your fanboy glasses on, you'd realize there's some truth to what I am saying.

Ok dude.  I am done. You remind me of another poster on here. With the circular argument's that are endless.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok dude.  I am done. You remind me of another poster on here. With the circular argument's that are endless.

i tried to be done myself....but it's like a train wreck, i can't turn away!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How is that a circular argument.  Makes more sense then "we're trading Glennon!".  Sorry it doesn't fit your narrative.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sammy Watkins would be nice but with OAK/CLE/JAC all drafting ahead of us with WR needs that’s like slim to none at this point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t be so sure that a WR, if available, will be the pick in the first round.  One of the main culprits:  the spread offense.http://mmqb.si.com/2014/05/02/nfl-draft-wide-receiver-deep-impact/?eref=sihp

Please wait…

Viewing 54 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.