Viewing 8 reply threads

• Author

• Scott Reynolds

Keymaster

https://www.pewterreport.com/articles/dotsons-contract-talks-with-bucs-on-hold-as-he-recovers-from-knee-injury/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“With two years left on a contract that would pay Dotson $4.25 million in 2015 and 2016, the Bucs didn’t have to negotiate a new deal now. Because Licht liked Dotson so much and because he was such a hard worker, Licht wanted Dotson to have a new deal that paid a much fairer wage.Had Hobbs and Dotson been reasonable, a new deal paying the 29-year old right tackle between $4 million and $5 million per season could have been achieved earlier in the summer."4.25 per over the next 2 seasons and both sides seem to agree he is under market value.  "A much fairer wage" is agreeing to an extension for 4-5 mil per.  Seriously?I think putting the negotiations on hold is a trash move.  I really hope Dotson's agent pulled back.  If it was Licht, my opinion of him decreases.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

how would your opinion of licht decrease?  he was willing to double dotsons salary for a mistake dotson himself made.  and instead of dotson being appreciative of his salary being DOUBLED, he decided to hold out.  riiiiiiiight.  lets blame licht for willing to re-do and double the salary of an average player with multiple years on his contract.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Dotson should have never come back from the holdout.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When the Bucs get good, and it may be a few years, it won’t be with Dotson as a standout on this line.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

then he would have lost 2mil and we would have signed cherilus a couple months earlier.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

how would your opinion of licht decrease?  he was willing to double dotsons salary for a mistake dotson himself made.  and instead of dotson being appreciative of his salary being DOUBLED, he decided to hold out.  riiiiiiiight.  lets blame licht for willing to re-do and double the salary of an average player with multiple years on his contract.

Went with the article.  Should have remembered how little Dotson was really being paid."With two years left on a contract that would pay Dotson $4.25 million in 2015 and 2016"I took that to mean his salary over the remaining years was low 4's.  Apparently, the writer was indicating the sum total of money owed for the remainder of his contract.  Then switched to per year contract estimates in his next paragraph.  Doubling what he is making is not a slap in the face for sure.  Still think breaking off talks after an injury occurs when that player was only still in the game to be a team player is terrible business.  Where was our 7 million dollar guard after the first series?

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

then he would have lost 2mil and we would have signed cherilus a couple months earlier.

Disagree. Cherilus graded out as a bottom 3rd tackle last year. Dotson graded as top 5. This is per PFF for what it's worth. Basically at this point in their careers Cherilus doesn't compare to Dotson. You're taking a worse player to protect "the face of the franchise". I believe OBP blinks and pays him in the situation.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Disagree. Cherilus graded out as a bottom 3rd tackle last year. Dotson graded as top 5. This is per PFF for what it's worth. Basically at this point in their careers Cherilus doesn't compare to Dotson. You're taking a worse player to protect "the face of the franchise". I believe OBP blinks and pays him in the situation.

and didn’t Cherilus grade out top 5 the season before?  It don't matter though, just a what if game.

Please wait…

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.