Viewing 13 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Derek Carr:.. NFL teams like idea of David Carr as my backup By Daniel Kim      NFL.comPublished: April 5, 2014 at 12:26 p.m. carrs_zps2c443705.jpg If David Carr had it his way, his pursuit of returning to the NFL would find him serving as a backup to his younger brother Derek, one of the top quarterback prospects in the 2014 draft. Apparently, that scenario isn't so farfetched.Appearing on the "Haberman and Middlekauff" show at 957thegame.com, Derek Carr said a couple of NFL teams have expressed interest in possibly bringing David Carr in as a backup to mentor him if he ends up being their draft pick. The primary motive: If your brother is your backup, there's no concern about a potential rift within the locker room."The main reason they like it is because you're going to get a vet who wants to help the rookie, while at the same time, is gonna push me harder than anybody because he wants the best for me," Derek Carr said."There's no division in that locker room because we're both rooting for each other," he said. "We're not saying one thing behind each other's back."Carr declined to say how he would react if his older brother ended up beating him out for the starting job, saying with a laugh, "We'd have to see."The mentor-mentee relationship between the two brothers actually began at an early age: Derek Carr has said his older brother began training him to read defenses when he was 11, back when David was a rookie quarterback with the Houston Texans.Derek Carr isn't expected to be the No. 1 overall pick, as his brother was in 2002, but he generally is considered one of the top four QBs in the draft. Three of NFL.com's mock drafts have him as the No. 26 pick of the Cleveland Browns, for whom Carr had a private workout earlier this week. The Vikings, Raiders, Rams and Titans also have brought Carr in for a workout or visit.David Carr remains an unsigned free agent. He has not seen any action in an NFL game since the 2012 season, when he was a backup quarterback on the New York Giants.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we get Carr in the 2nd, I’d have no problem with bringing his brother in as a camp arm. Can he be any worse than Kafka?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Two Carr’s !!! I just moved him even further back on my draft board….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

God I hope the browns or the raiders take Carr…..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I get bad mojo from these Carr boys. Supposedly, the Browns are interested.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we get Carr in the 2nd, I'd have no problem with bringing his brother in as a camp arm. Can he be any worse than Kafka?

Why can't people understand that he won't make it to the 2nd barring an almost epic slide? Qb needy teams have even more of a reason to draft QBs early since they no longer have to pay 1st rounders top dollar. It makes it much more reasonable to take a chance on a qb early.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we get Carr in the 2nd, I'd have no problem with bringing his brother in as a camp arm. Can he be any worse than Kafka?

Why can't people understand that he won't make it to the 2nd barring an almost epic slide? Qb needy teams have even more of a reason to draft QBs early since they no longer have to pay 1st rounders top dollar. It makes it much more reasonable to take a chance on a qb early.

Yeah, that might happen - but I do not agree with that logic.  If there is superior talent on the board, then why draft a lowered value guy just for need.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not to mention guys like Gabbert, Ponder and Freeman(couldn't resist) were 1st rd QBs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is some buzz that the Browns may take Carr at #4. That would be great for us and throw a huge curveball into the 1st round

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That would be a very nice present. Gift wrapped. But  a report surfacing this time of year….its probably all just smoke and mirrors.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is some buzz that the Browns may take Carr at #4. That would be great for us and throw a huge curveball into the 1st round

I read somewhere they could snag him, but with their 2nd first round pick. #26 I think it is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only thing I can think of that would be worse than drafting Carr would be having his brother as the back-up plan. Just shoot me instead please.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That would be a very nice present. Gift wrapped. But  a report surfacing this time of year....its probably all just smoke and mirrors.

Wouldn't matter really . We are taking Evans and he'll be there regardless.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully ^ If Watkins goes top 4 then I wouldn’t be surprised to see Oakland take Evans.

Please wait…

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.