Viewing 40 reply threads

• Author

• ARich80

Participant

With McCown on a 2 year deal & Glennon still developing, why not get Evans in the 1st then A Robinson or J Matthews in round 2? WRs are notorious for so-so rookie seasons. Give them a year to develop before drafting a QB in the 1st round next year. Also, they’ll both be entering year 3 when it comes time to cut VJax.(Take Baylor OG Cyril Richardson in the 3rd)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, Evans in the first or trade down and grab Beckham, Cooks or Lee and then Matthews in the second, would prefer maybe a gabe jackson or david yankey in the third, but definitely on board, no need for a QB this year

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If there was a way to sell me to not draft manziel, this would be it.Watkins or evans, and cooks or lee. Nothing wrong with that haul, as well as it is timely, just like our qb position.Still, because of nature of our new found staff, and the presumed improvements, I'd say that qb is still the number one need for the future.But this idea has merit, and I damn sure would support it if it happened.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If there was a way to sell me to not draft manziel, this would be it.Watkins or evans, and cooks or lee. Nothing wrong with that haul, as well as it is timely, just like our qb position.Still, because of nature of our new found staff, and the presumed improvements, I'd say that qb is still the number one need for the future.But this idea has merit, and I damn sure would support it if it happened.

You took the words out of my mouth of Bench. With either combination of these receivers, while addressing the O-Line, we are giving McCown young weapons to build around. And whomever we bring in to take the reigns in the near future, they will have quite an arsenal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup, seems like a win either way to me.However, I don't like our history with double dipping wr. We seem to do better with free agent wr's for some odd ass reason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel will never come around again.  If they don’t draft him, they are stupid.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he’s not making it yo us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel will never come around again.  If they don't draft him, they are stupid.

You said the same about Tebow. Blah, blah, blah.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup, seems like a win either way to me.However, I don't like our history with double dipping wr. We seem to do better with free agent wr's for some odd ass reason.

I don't either, but d*mn, this class looks good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have a handful of players that will make me happy in the 1st. Hopefully with that approach I won’t be disappointed.

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

We could double dip at receiver and still draft a QB. For arguments sake we could draft Bortles, Bridgewater or Manziel in the first, and draft a guy like Robinson or Matthews in the second, and grab a receiver in the mid rounds. We could even go Evans or Watkins in the first, grab a QB in the second, and then a receiver in the third. I don’t think drafting a QB would prevent the team doubling up on receivers. After all, what we need is one guy to pair with V-Jax and another that can play the slot, do returns, and perhaps stretch the field on some plays. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing us draft a guy like Evans or Watkins at #7 and the. grab a receiver in the second (eg Matthews or Robinson) or a third rounder (eg Moncrief or Landry). A trade down could be a decent move, because as people have said, that could allow us to grab Cooks or Beckham plus another receiver in the second or third round, and then use the extra pick for depth or need.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We could double dip at receiver and still draft a QB. For arguments sake we could draft Bortles, Bridgewater or Manziel in the first, and draft a guy like Robinson or Matthews in the second, and grab a receiver in the mid rounds. We could even go Evans or Watkins in the first, grab a QB in the second, and then a receiver in the third. I don't think drafting a QB would prevent the team doubling up on receivers. After all, what we need is one guy to pair with V-Jax and another that can play the slot, do returns, and perhaps stretch the field on some plays. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing us draft a guy like Evans or Watkins at #7 and the. grab a receiver in the second (eg Matthews or Robinson) or a third rounder (eg Moncrief or Landry). A trade down could be a decent move, because as people have said, that could allow us to grab Cooks or Beckham plus another receiver in the second or third round, and then use the extra pick for depth or need.

A name to watch out for in the later rounds is Bruce Ellington of SC. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Totally down with this plan. Next year’s QB class is better anyways . They’ll be a a better QB prospect in the teens than we can get at #7 this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Double dip for for the love of god don’t do it with the 7th overall pick. Get the WR’s later in this deep honkin’ WR class. No one thinks any of the WR’s we can get are the once in a blue moon type you take in the top 10 – assuming you even think WR’s are top 10 picks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ahh, the old Dominick Discount Double Dip.  It’s worked so well for us in the past.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think this is the plan. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ahh, the old Dominick Discount Double Dip.  It's worked so well for us in the past.

Well Dummynik was an idiot and would pick the wrong guy twice. Ideally you'd like to pick the right guy twice , or at least one .

Please wait…

• kenminio

Participant

I would not mind this at all. Maybe if the Eagles take Manziel, we can work out some kind of deal to land Foles and have a true QB competition in camp between Foles and McCown. They would have some nice receivers to work with and a great core of running backs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am completely against grabbing two receivers with our first two picks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m hoping we get 3 WRs with the first two picks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let’s start the double dip with a clone of the only known starting WR this team currently has…passSIS

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pass on Evans……Give me OBJ, Cooks, Matthews, Lee, Richardson, Huff, Etc But please get two....no Benjamin....that guy couldn't catch Crabs from Winston....and no to Evans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Totally down with this plan. Next year's QB class is better anyways . They'll be a a better QB prospect in the teens than we can get at #7 this year.

Next year, we're picking in the 20s

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Totally down with this plan. Next year's QB class is better anyways . They'll be a a better QB prospect in the teens than we can get at #7 this year.

That means we have had adequate play from our QB so no need to find a QB.  Even if it's McCown for the next three years.  Who cares. Win now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I only like this plan if Manziel is gone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they’re picking in the 20’s next draft… that’s a lot of meaningless wins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they're picking in the 20's next draft... that's a lot of meaningless wins.

QFT

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

with McCown as a starter I see us picking in the teens.  a 7-9 win team.  that’s acceptable to me this year since we were a 4 win team implementing a new system but only way to get over that hump in the future is getting a playmaker at qb.  if that guy is there at 7 then take him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That means we have had adequate play from our QB so no need to find a QB.  Even if it's McCown for the next three years.  Who cares. Win now.

So your good with double dipping for WRs when we would be looking for a successor to V Jax, but you wouldn't want to account next year for a McCown who would be 36 when the season starts?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Then we're clearly not a QB needy team

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trading back would be ideal for this scenario. We would most likely be able to take Beckham, then Jordan Mathews, then possibly Aaron Murray. Now that would be sweet draft to me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the Cardinals pick 20 this year and went 10-6.  we aint going 10-6 or better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let's start the double dip with a clone of the only known starting WR this team currently has...passSIS

This is where I currently stand. I think Evans can play but I have multiple issues with him. First, he doesn't have much of a repertoire of routes.... And 2nd, I don't see how he even remotely fits "speed in space?!?" ??? Maybe Tedford will adjust his scheme for a guy like Evans but I feel like all these mocks with Evans going to us is lazy reporting. They see a hole and put him there, they figure it'll help McCown out and give him two big WRs like he had in Chicago.Sorry but we aren't building an offense around a band aid qb like McCown, I think ignoring WR in round 1 or trading back for OBJ/Cooks is more likely. If they take Evans I'll be perfectly happy because I like his ability, but I think it's a long shot given his lack of "speed in space".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let's start the double dip with a clone of the only known starting WR this team currently has...passSIS

This is where I currently stand. I think Evans can play but I have multiple issues with him. First, he doesn't have much of a repertoire of routes.... And 2nd, I don't see how he even remotely fits "speed in space?!?" ??? Maybe Tedford will adjust his scheme for a guy like Evans but I feel like all these mocks with Evans going to us is lazy reporting. They see a hole and put him there, they figure it'll help McCown out and give him two big WRs like he had in Chicago.Sorry but we aren't building an offense around a band aid qb like McCown, I think ignoring WR in round 1 or trading back for OBJ/Cooks is more likely. If they take Evans I'll be perfectly happy because I like his ability, but I think it's a long shot given his lack of "speed in space".

He lacks the speed in space concept and there are better fits with Vjax, but Evans could just be dominant one on one even against NFL corners. He would also be the best guy to have once Vjax is gone. So i could see them taking Evans because of how good is he, or passing on him because they want a better fit. 2 more days...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they're picking in the 20's next draft... that's a lot of meaningless wins.

So, draft position 21 trough 32 means the team made the playoffs the previous year.  Since when is making the playoffs a waste? I guess it-s 19-0 or everything is a waste right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Playoffs?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

like I said, teens is a more realistic expectation.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Playoffs?

Jim-Mora1.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1 down. 1 to go. Trade back 4-7 spots, pick up a 4th rounder & grab another WR.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we draft Amero, lee, or moncrief, I’m gonna hump something.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would rather us draft a TE.  Either Amero or Jenkins.

Please wait…

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.