Viewing 28 reply threads

• Author

• JDouble

Participant

Scott Wright over at DraftCountdown.com has been doing this since 2008. He gives himself the 16th pick in every round and takes the best player according to his board in real time as the draft is going on. He keeps it listed on his site so you can go back and see how he has done. Pretty impressive imo and it looks like fun too. I think I’m going to start doing it myself. Except I will be picking my players based on needs and scheme fit for the Bucs, where as he is just taking the best overall player. Would be really cool to be able to go back and see what you would have really done in real time and how it would have played out. And to see if you can do better than the actual GM!  ;) Here is the link if you wanna check it out. He’d have one helluva LB corps.http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/DreamDraft/Dream-Draft.php

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would love to get a thread for all of us to make picks real time when the Bucs go on the clock each round.  Just one thread, ruthlessly moderated.  No commentary or debate, just a name before the Buc’s pick is announced.  Would be fun to necro down the line. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sounds fun. I am going to do this except will choose my guys where the Bucs pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sounds fun. I am going to do this except will choose my guys where the Bucs pick.

You're right. That makes more sense for us Buc fans rather than just playing generic at pick 16. What if the Bucs trade the pick and move around though? Do we go with the original pick? Or use the new pics? I guess we'd have to pick one or the other in real time eh?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're right. That makes more sense for us Buc fans rather than just playing generic at pick 16. What if the Bucs trade the pick and move around though? Do we go with the original pick? Or use the new pics? I guess we'd have to pick one or the other in real time eh?

Yeah thats what Im thinking. I am going to have a really hard time doing this in exact real time because I am on the opposite side of the globe right now but I can still decide who my pick would have been and record it even if I am an hour or two late.We will have to have a thread...maybe a sticky where we all post our draft for later comparison.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We can have our draft discussion thread(s) as usual.  I would like one “picks” thread.  Nothing allowed but names, and when the pick is official it’s posted in the thread so our picks end for that round.  I’d like to do it just on the Bucs actual pics.  Trade down is easier as we go back on the clock.  Trade up would be tough as the pick usually comes in right away.   

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We can have our draft discussion thread(s) as usual.  I would like one "picks" thread.  Nothing allowed but names, and when the pick is official it's posted in the thread so our picks end for that round.  I'd like to do it just on the Bucs actual pics.  Trade down is easier as we go back on the clock.  Trade up would be tough as the pick usually comes in right away. 

I'll make one when the draft starts, but I promise you there will be certain people posting other things just to troll. Just have to ignore that part. If anyone interested will just make one post and then add each new pick to that one post my using the modify post option....it should be really easy to keep track of with minimal posts. As far as the trade downs, they usually have the details with in 10 minutes or so if not sooner. I think we should have the option to wait and see what we got in the trade, and then decide whether we would have taken that offer or stuck with the original pick. You know what I mean?I'll be glued to the TV for three days straight, so I will post the details of any trades the moment they announce it. Hopefully we can get a dozen or so people to do this. Should add a little extra fun to the draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bump. Let me know if anyone wants to do this on draft day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I will try it. Probably won’t be able to do every pick though

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I will try it. Probably won't be able to do every pick though

That's cool. Anyone who wants to do it can just participate as deep as they want. I would think most people will only do the first three rounds. More the merrier though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just realized this idea is flawed. The boards will crash about an hour before the draft starts and be relatively useless all three days….so there will be no real time selections from us.  :(Unless someone knows a different site we could use to post real time selections, I guess it's a no go.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m on board.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe we could start a chat and do the realtime? Then post the results here after?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I play a football mmo that is absolutely free to sign up.  No credit card info required.  I have a private forum on that site that could be used.  I can invite certain users and only those users can view the forum.  I can also assign moderators to lock/unlock threads so multiple people could control the round threads and lock them up real time as the picks come in if I am not online.  Moderators can also edit forum privileges so if someone gets squirrely they can be removed even if I am not around.  The boards there are very reliable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok I got it figured out. I’m going to use TinyChat to set up a chat room during the draft. It’s free and easy. I’ll just share the link with the people who want to play. So speak up here in this thread or PM me if you want to play along. So far I just have…MyselfThreadkillerGoldsonAgesmagic1636 CaptainStaggerWhen it's the Bucs turn to pick, I'll post "You are on the Clock" and everyone will have 10 minutes to make their pick. If we trade a pick, I will still post "You are on the Clock" and you will have 10 minutes as usual, but as soon as the details of the draft are announced I will post what we got in the trade and at that point everyone will have to decide whether they want to keep the pick or take the trade. At the conclusion of the draft I will gather up everyone's picks and post them here on the Redboard. Maybe we can do this every year and see how ell we do. Seems pretty simple. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Please wait…

• twinview

I’ll do it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I remember those old Sierra games…Classic!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Added you to my list Larry. Will PM you the link tomorrow afternoon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m in. For the record, this was my idea a while back, you idea-stealing jerks! But I’m much happier not having to be in charge. Only part of it I don’t like is being able to reject the trade. I think the picks should only be when the Bucs pick, so if the Bucs trade, you have to make that trade.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm in. For the record, this was my idea a while back, you idea-stealing jerks! But I'm much happier not having to be in charge. Only part of it I don't like is being able to reject the trade. I think the picks should only be when the Bucs pick, so if the Bucs trade, you have to make that trade.

Well if the point is to look back and see if you were better than the our actual GM.....then it only makes sense for you to be able to pass up a trade you see as bad value. You gotta be able to say nope, that was a stupid trade and I wouldn't have done it. Of course you can't change your mind later and try to draft someone with that extra pick if you don't take the trade.  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bump. Anyone else want to play? So far we have….MyselfThreadkillerGoldsonAgesmagic1636 CaptainStaggerNaismithLeisure Suit LarryDefenseWins

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That chatroom for this is up. Here is the link. http://tinychat.com/7fidnc

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bah, would have wanted to do it but the site change made me just throw in the towel.I would have gone:Pick 7: Teddy BridgewaterPick 38: Marqise LeePick 69: Martavis BryantSo, yeah, seems like a good thing that I'm not the GM.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah. The site change blew everything. Oh well. Better late than never.1. Aaron Donald2. ASJ3. Gabe Jackson

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

God, my picks are terrible. I almost went Crichton in the third.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hard to say anything until we see these guys play for a few years. Bridgewater, Lee, Bryant might have been the best possible combination. Who knows?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh, yeah, I mean, obviously my guys are going to be the best combination!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah. The site change blew everything. Oh well. Better late than never.1. Aaron Donald2. ASJ3. Gabe Jackson

Lots of tempting picks for me here, but I gotta stick to my board of favorites and take my QB here. Give me Keith Wenning. Hoping Carlos Fields, Jemea Thomas, and Jeff Janis are there later.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m on record with official following picks in another thread, I can’t find it so just trust me on it. I didn’t read the whole thread but i assume we’re putting our name on our players so we can check them down the road. Sooo, here.1st round: Teddy Bridgewater2nd round: ASJ3rd round: Dakota Dozier

Please wait…

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.