Viewing 22 reply threads

• Author

• BucsBay

Participant

At the very least, will be interesting to compare with the draft.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Going today.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was okay. A case could be made the GM-HC relationship was based on Rich McKay and Jon Gruden. Costner is the GM of the team his dad coached and Leary is the high priced, hot head coach going against everything he does. The acting and emotion of the draft was good, the trades were stupid and took away from the movie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All the trade downs sound like when the Browns drafted Mack, which in hindsight looks good because that was a crappy draft, but making that exciting and realistic?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not  a Costner fan.    They should have gotten someone like Kurt Russell.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Costner is a pretty crud actor but honestly I thought the movie was pretty good. If you’re a football fan it’s cool to get a little insight (albeight Hollywood insight) into behind the scenes operations. Don’t drag a non football fan because they’ll absolutely hate it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Costner is a pretty crud actor but honestly I thought the movie was pretty good. If you're a football fan it's cool to get a little insight (albeight Hollywood insight) into behind the scenes operations. Don't drag a non football fan because they'll absolutely hate it.

They made GMs out to be idiots though. Especially Jacksonville and Seattle. Not trying to spoil it but in real life Seattle would have called Cleveland's bluff at the end.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That they do… it was fairly unrealistic the deal they pulled out in the end.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A two hour commercial starring Kevin Costner.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The trailers made it look like a fake movie, a parody or nfl commercial or something. Though I saw it got some OK reviews, I may see it when it comes to redbox, but I’m not that big of a sports movie fan.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was okay. A case could be made the GM-HC relationship was based on Rich McKay and Jon Gruden. Costner is the GM of the team his dad coached and Leary is the high priced, hot head coach going against everything he does. The acting and emotion of the draft was good, the trades were stupid and took away from the movie.

Bruce Allen / Shanahan is more likely. More recent too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not  a Costner fan.    They should have gotten someone like Kurt Russell.

Id bet that a movie starring Nathan Bedford Forrest would get rave reviews from someone like you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The acting and emotion of the draft was good, the trades were stupid and took away from the movie.

The trades were downright stupid and unrealistic!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This was the most unrealistic movie I’ve seen in a long time. The countdown to the draft shows 1 hour and the Browns GM is in his office talking with his mother and ex-wife about reading some poem while they spread his dead dad’s ashes on the practice field?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

**CENSORED** Kevin Costner!  He should have stopped doing “sports” movies after Field of Dreams.What was that goob movie where he was a pitcher for the Tigers??  That was a goob movie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This was the most unrealistic movie I've seen in a long time. The countdown to the draft shows 1 hour and the Browns GM is in his office talking with his mother and ex-wife about reading some poem while they spread his dead dad's ashes on the practice field?

And while they were on the clock with the number one pick he was in his office alone and nobody cared to go find him lol. I enjoyed the movie up until the end where it jumped the shark.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jumped the Shark! Love it.I hadn't really heard that term until a few years ago.  :-)Off-topic: Speaking of "jumping the shark"--- the hit series SCANDAL jumped the shark (in my books) when the BAD GUY ended up being Olivia's dad. I've watched 1 partial episode since then-- no interest in it.......

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jumped the Shark! Love it.I hadn't really heard that term until a few years ago.  :-)

Where've you been??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The acting and emotion of the draft was good, the trades were stupid and took away from the movie.

The trades were downright stupid and unrealistic!!

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

**CENSORED** Kevin Costner!  He should have stopped doing "sports" movies after Field of Dreams.What was that goob movie where he was a pitcher for the Tigers??  That was a goob movie.

Bull Durham haha good movie

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No… bull durham was BEFORE F.o.D.Some b.s. movie where he was basically himself as an OLD pitcher trying to have one last great season.....The movie was gay.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Totally unrealistic.  No way would the trades go down like that.    This movie is for the casual fan, not someone who knows football well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not  a Costner fan.    They should have gotten someone like Kurt Russell.

Id bet that a movie starring Nathan Bedford Forrest would get rave reviews from someone like you.

+1 on the historical reference.

Please wait…

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.