Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• BuccaneerBlood

Participant

I am thinking that since we are pretty stacked as it is… I think we trade up for better draft positions / players. I mean I can’t see taking all the picks because there just isnt room for them. Why not trade some picks away to move up and get better quality players considering this year’s draft isn’t looking so deep. And would give some good young talented depth to learn from the pros we have.

• The Freeman

Participant

unless we have a shot at Jaelen Phillips or JOK (and maybe Greg Newsome too), i hope there is a good offer and they trade down.
      plenty of good player will be available in the 2nd round and the gap in talent with most of the late 1st round projection is minimal.

• Boid Fink

Participant

I wish the Bucs could get JOKer. Dude is going to be a solid player…barring injury of course.

He would even see a lot of playing time with this stacked team, imo.

He’s about the only player I covet that is a little out of reach.

The other guy is a dude most say will be available in round 2, but most likely not at the spot the Bucs pick.

I would be cool with a defensive end with a lot of physical traits and tools that can hold up potentially (as with any selection obviously). An offensive lineman or defensive end is the smart move. Getting JOKer isn’t a real possibility, but damn that guy is a LVD clone.

• obuc

Participant

From what I can tell messing with these mock drafts on pff, picks get thin after the 4-5th round. IMO, we get linemen with that, maybe a great safety or corner and then if Ian Book or a RB is sitting there in 6 and 7, you might take that.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

From what I can tell messing with these mock drafts on pff, picks get thin after the 4-5th round. IMO, we get linemen with that, maybe a great safety or corner and then if Ian Book or a RB is sitting there in 6 and 7, you might take that.

If Ian Book is there in the 7th round (and he likely will be) you grab him. That kid could very well be a third day steal. Not sure why he’s rated so low after his performance at ND. He reminds me of Joe Montana.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Well, ten picks left and every stud edge rusher is still on the board minus Jalean Phillips

• ratiffshabang

Participant

Well, ten picks left and every stud edge rusher is still on the board minus Jalean Phillips

Paye if off the board as well

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Paye if off the board as well

Three more picks to go. Barrmore, Ojulari, Oweh, and Ossai are still there!!!

• Biggs3535

Participant

Lolz @ New Orleans. Could have had that dude late tomorrow, possibly Saturday.

• Wutt

Participant

GB didnt do any better, other then piss of Arod even more.

• ratiffshabang

Participant

Oweh gone

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Joe Tryon. I’m ok with this pick although Ojulari or Ossai would’ve been a better choice. Still, you have to like the Bucs mentality. The talent level at edge rusher drops tremendously after JPP and Shaq. This was a move to shore it up.

On to round 2!!!

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

We drafted for need and maybe a steal.
      We have nobody after our two edges. I have loved JOK since day one. Guys who are that nasty and are obsessed with playing football and hitting people can not be measured in a pro day. He is a mad man- I also thought he’s a “ fit” guy.He’s not for everyone but seeing how we have nobody behind LVD and Whitehead is the only SS on the roster? I thought he could have came in and filled both roles or even the “ moneybacker” that Deone Buchanan was to be. I’m actually shocked we didn’t take him. Someone asked which guy would you move up for he was it for me.

That said we have nobody to rotate the pass rush if our two go down. I personally had Tryon the #2 edge prospect behind Philips. I kept going back n forth as if he was my choice originally at 32. Idc what PFF says off of a Soph tape. There’s 90% of the NFL that shined their RS Jr year. I kept telling people he’s a guy who was 19 when people last saw him he’ll be 21 come time for season. That’s HUGE in terms of development years for young man. This guy had 12.5 sacks man!! You don’t just walk into sacks. Not a dozen of them!! He was pre season All American and the thing for me is tenacity. This guy plays hard so between his motor, age, previous production. He could of been a 10-15 sack guy with 15+ TFLs this year with some more technique and been the #1,2 edge guy. I mean how can people drool over Oweh with ZERO sacks who played but be down on a guy who put up numbers and is physically just as much as a freak. Also the Bucs were the only team to sprint the card up to the podium.. that includes Jacksonville!!

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Big fan of JOK but I am not against Tryon. I have said Tryon is a risky pick but he is an huge upgrade.

I do not think he is as raw as people believe because a man like him at times plays with a plan which is an indicator he is thinking on how to attack upfield. Tryon needs consistency and I think he will learn with playing with one of the best front sevens in football.

Build the trenches!

• Boid Fink

Participant

This is the same thing I said with Mark Dominik. I respected his second to draft Gaines Adam’s (RIP) and Brian Price. Both were front line guys who had a lot of upside. I like Tryon because of his size/twitch ratio. And he is a pass rusher, whom as you all know I am very very fond of.

Joe Tryon. I’m ok with this pick although Ojulari or Ossai would’ve been a better choice. Still, you have to like the Bucs mentality. The talent level at edge rusher drops tremendously after JPP and Shaq. This was a move to shore it up.

On to round 2!!!

• JC5100

Participant

Thoughts-
      1. Jets wasted their draft capital
      2. Great day for the Giants. Come away with a great WR and extra picks, including Bears 2022 #1
      3. DeVonta Smith being the 4th pass catcher off the board is ridiculous. And if you’re the Cowboys you can’t trade him to the Eagles.
      4. Polian held Manning back by drafting skill players instead of OL and defense. Jags are making the same mistake with Lawrence.

• Biggs3535

Participant

1. Jets wasted their draft capital

“Wasted” is a bit of hyperbole, but I agree they gave up too much for Vera-Tucker.

2. Great day for the Giants. Come away with a great WR and extra picks, including Bears 2022 #1

If I’m wanting to trade back, I’m calling Ryan Pace. That dude may be the worst GM in the league. The Bears’ #1 next year may be a top-10 pick, with that regime holding pink slips.

• BucsBay

Participant

I think moving up for Fields is something the Bears had to do. I think he may well find the most success of the rookie QB’s there, and gives them a legit shot they wouldn’t otherwise have. I think the NFC North will be a 3 team race again (maybe one day Detroit…)

• The Freeman

Participant

so glad Gruden choose the raiders over us.

• m_j

Participant

so glad Gruden choose the raiders over us.

can’t remember we offered him anything :-)

• ratiffshabang

Participant

Always interesting to see some of these teams take guys that “draft experts” had rated as 2nd rd grades….then see how they produce. I’m a believer of if you’re sold on a certain guy and he is there, take him.. obviously not taking a 3-7th rd guy in the first tho. You sure as heck better be right tho. Also, some of these “reaches” come from teams in the back portion of the 1st, with guys that are graded as 1st-2nd rd. So those teams likely can’t get them in the 2nd, and if they really like them then it’s not really a reach…a late 1st is essentially a 2nd anyway, much like an early 2nd is similar to a late 1st.
      I’m not overly sold on Tryon, however, the Bucs seemed like they couldn’t get their pick in fast enough..so I’ll trust that he has big potential.
      What positions do we go for in the 2nd and 3rd, and do we trade up for any particular guy?
      Very tough to get a grasp on who might be there for us at the back of each rd.
      Javonte Williams will be gone (most likely in the first 10 picks in the second)
      Creed- same
      Dickerson- could slide, but honestly wouldn’t take him until late 3rd or 4th with the hope that he can stay healthy. Ton of talent but you’re putting your job on the line if you take him early 2nd
      I have no idea who we are looking at in the second, seems like one of the more mysterious drafts we’ve had…of course winning a SB can do that lol
      In the 3rd I wouldn’t mind swinging for the fences and taking Marvin Wilson or Tamorrion Terry. I already hear the “FSU homer” comments coming (honestly wouldn’t draft a lot of their guys over the next few years). However, Wilson has the potential, assuming he gets his head straight and plays with his high motor of the 19 season, to be able to replace Suh the following season.
      If you’ve been able to stomach any FSU games in the last 3 years, then you’ll know what Terry can do. The guy had 1k season with James Blackmon, that’s incredible in itself. He’s a guy that can really get down field fast and rip high passes out of the air. Terry has a higher ceiling that a lot of guys ranked higher. Yes we resigned AB, but to a 1 yr deal (if not mistaken)…can’t guarantee Godwin is back, Evans is creeping up on age and has been injured. Terry could easily replace Watson, and potentially be our #1 or #2 in a few seasons. He’s got a massive ceiling, and could get a good mentor like Evans to help him refine some things.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Jevon Holland if he falls

Stud

• Greattimes

Participant

How did the draft analysts do with their mock drafts? Pitiful! The so called “Draft Guru” Mel Kiper had about 5 or 6 correct picks. The best of the bunch was King who had 10 correct. That is less than 30% for people who have “inside sources with teams and are suppose to be the experts. Then we have to sit and listed to their blabbering nonsense between picks.
      Kiper will be listed his next best 10 players. Watch how long his 10 best remain on the board, especially in rounds 4 – 7.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.