Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• FLASH

Participant

We are picking #6 after the loss today. Can either move up or drop a spot or two next week.

• tampaspicer

Participant

I don’t care where we draft as long as we can draft Devin White.

• Ft Myers Buc Fan

Participant

Greg Auman says we are at 8 before the results of late games

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are picking #6 after the loss today. Can either move up or drop a spot or two next week.

Bucs fans should be pleased, but they aren’t today. Wanted to win a meaningless game.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes Morgan the game results certainly helped draft position. I thought the Bucs fought hard and outplayed the Boys for the most part, certainly did not embarrass themselves.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

It was kinda best case scenario. We put up a good fight yet didnt hurt our draft position.

The future is so bright where’s my shades?

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• BucsBay

Participant

Jeez, if you’re going to quote a bad quote at least get it right,  “The future so bright I gotta wear shades”

• FLASH

Participant

Greg Auman says we are at 8 before the results of late games

Here are a couple of links showing us at #6.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2812207-updated-2019-nfl-draft-order-following-week-16-results

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

• Kodiak

Participant

This is the current draft order. Bucs currently pick 6th based on record and opponents strength of schedule. The Bucs can most likely move no higher than 4th and drop no farther than 12th. They can’t catch the Cardinals. 49ers and the Jets both have significantly weaker SoS. Even if they both win I think their SoS remains lower than the Bucs.

The Bucs can move up a spot or two if the Lions and/or the Raiders win. The Lions play the Packers in Green Bay and the Raiders play the Chiefs in KC. The best chance to move up will be the Lions playing the Packers.

The good news is if the Bucs lose…they won’t drop any. All the 5-10 teams play a tougher opponent so their SoS will actually get higher while the Bucs will drop. So…bottom line…Bucs lose…we are picking at least 6th and could move up to 5th or 4th depending on if the Lions and/or Raiders win.

If the Bucs win…they would probably drop to a tie for 11th/12th with Denver. They can’t drop past Cin at 13th. Bucs SoS will be lower. A lot also depends on if any of the other 5-10 teams win.

Bottom line…we need the Bucs to lose. This win means nothing to a franchise that’s about to fire it’s coach, probably GM, maybe change QBs and make a ton of other changes. If I am the Bucs…I play all the backups. Start Griffin. Make sure we lose. Huge difference in the 4-6 picks and the 11-12 picks.

1: Ari 3-12 .525

2: SF 4-11 .504

3: NYJ 4-11 .506

4: Oak 4-11 .546

5: Det 5-10 .504

6: TB 5-10 .521

7: Buf 5-10 .525

8: NYG 5-10 .525

9: Jax 5-10 .544

10: Atl 6-9 .490

11: Car 6-9 .508

12: Den 6-9 .521

13: Cin 6-9 .533

• MEXcellent Buc

Participant

Good stuff. I would like to see what Haskins could do in Tampa, but also wouldn’t mind a OL with our first rounder.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes Morgan the game results certainly helped draft position. I thought the Bucs fought hard and outplayed the Boys for the most part, certainly did not embarrass themselves.

Two plays decided the game, really. Fumbles. The difference between the two teams (one going to the playoffs, the other drafting top ten)  wasn’t much by watching the game.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Two plays decided the game, really. Fumbles. The difference between the two teams (one going to the playoffs, the other drafting top ten) wasn’t much by watching the game.

That’s been the case for all but 2-3 games this year. If we make a few less mistakes we could be 10-5 right now instead of 5-10, but we didn’t so here we are. I’m sure most teams are the same way. Outside of 4-5 elite teams and 4-5 shit teams everyone else is randomized chaos. We always seem to find ourselves on the shit side of that chaos.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Justin Herbert
      QB | Oregon
      6’6″
      231 lbs
      Tankathon Mock has the Bucs taking Justin Herbert, Oregon.  Might have to do it, but as Bucs fans you know they have more pressing needs (OL, DB, RB). Maybe your new regime (GM, HC) will trade down?

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

im one that believes that we should win as many games as we can during the year.. call me crazy but i rather build a winning culture and get people used to winning around here then to get a better draft pick.. good teams hit in the middle of the draft and bad team even at the top of draft find a way to screw it up.. lets go beat these stupid falcons and let the chips fall where they may.

• Ft Myers Buc Fan

Participant

im one that believes that we should win as many games as we can during the year.. call me crazy but i rather build a winning culture and get people used to winning around here then to get a better draft pick.. good teams hit in the middle of the draft and bad team even at the top of draft find a way to screw it up.. lets go beat these stupid falcons and let the chips fall where they may.

I am all for building a winning culture as well but how about winning some games when it actually matters?  We always are losing pivotal games in November and December and the we win one at the end when all it does it cost us draft position.  I have never been one to root for a loss but we don’t need to win this game on Sunday.  We need to give whoever is in charge of this team as much ammunition as possible to fix our glaring holes

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless Herbert goes lights out in his bowl game, I’m pretty confident he stays another year.

As far as draft position… said this all along. We don’t need to intentionally lose or stupid shit like that… just rest your best assets plus we get to see what we have with everyone else.

Should have done this last year and with have Chubb.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

Fix the Oline, fix the secondary, or potentially Williams DL. Anyone looking to set our franchise back by going elsewhere early in the draft needs to find another team to root for.

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Draft Position’ is closed to new replies.