Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

What position do you feel might have a player, drafted in 2021,

in the starting line-up for the Bucs??

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

• AntCam

Participant

Right Guard

Fire those Cannons!!!!

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

In 2020 season,

Cappa had 1070 snaps:

2 penalties;

0 sacks

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

• AntCam

Participant

No knock on Cap, my answer was solely based off him being injured late, he may not be ready for the beginning of the season.

Fire those Cannons!!!!

• JC5100

Participant

And Wyatt Davis would take his job

• AntCam

Participant

Also RB…I believe if the Bucs do draft Williams, Reynolds has been pretty spot on, he has a chance to overtake RoJo.

Fire those Cannons!!!!

• Pennywise

Participant

Could be dl ,olb or Ilb , but IMO one of the three

• leeroybuc93

Participant

I don’t think there will be any rookie starters.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

If I have to hear one more dipshit suggest we draft a RB in the first, I will lose my mind.

• buccnation

Participant

Haha yeah that’s a big NO for me on drafting a rb in round 1. We shouldn’t draft one before round 5. OL, DL, and depth need to be our main concerns. Need atleast one DT and one edge rusher from this draft.

• Roy

Participant

The free agents are so up in the air right now its just impossible to know where the holes are going to be.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Run Production

2018: 95.2 (29th)
        2019: 95.1 (24th)
        2020: 94.9 (28th)

FBO, 2nd level OLine run blocking rank

2018: 27th
        2019: 28th
        2020: 21st

We need to improve at RG if we’re to improve our run blocking.

If we’re to save money and we’ve identified that Cappa is solid at pass blocking, then wouldn’t it be prudent to shift Cappa to center and draft a more talented RG who can run block and pass block?

Jensen is being paid $10 mil to be mediocre.

C Ryan Jensen, PFF rating

2018: 56.6 PFF rating
        2019: 79.3 PFF rating
        2020: 64.9 PFF rating

2019 stands out like a sore thumb and probably had a far too lenient PFF evaluator because that rating did not match the eye test. With two out of the three seasons being mediocre for what we’re paying him, I think it should be a safe bet to move on from him.

We know Cappa isn’t mobile and you need mobility as a guard to help get your RB’s to the 2nd level. Also, we need more strength at the guard position. Last year, I believe all the QB sneaks by Brady were towards LG Marpet’s side, and for obvious reasons.

If we can be a consistent two-dimensional offense, then we will be more than prepared to protect/shelter the next QB after Brady.

I would love a new starting RG and save $10 mil in the process.

• buc_boi

Participant

You’ve become repetitive at this point.

Did you thinking any of ^^^^ this the past few years stop us from winning?

Jensens mediocre?
        Cappa needs to be replaced?

Not that I’m against drafting oline in the first round or anything, but that group is hardly the weakness you consistently try to make it out to be.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Who said anything about weakness? It’s unfortunate you’re a dropout in logic education and reading comprehension. Here’s the OP’s thread starter:

What position do you feel might have a player, drafted in 2021,

in the starting line-up for the Bucs??

1. This is what we people who do conversations call a “hypothetical”. The OP is querying what possible draftee could become a starter.

2. My response: “We need to improve at RG if we’re to improve our run blocking.”

3. Adding how this new RG can be done: “If we’re to save money and we’ve identified that Cappa is solid at pass blocking, then wouldn’t it be prudent to shift Cappa to center and draft a more talented RG who can run block and pass block?”

@buc_boi
        is incapable of seeing someone praise Cappa’s pass blocking that could be best maximize at center as well as give the Bucs $10 mil relief so that it can be used to possible keep OLB Barrett, DT Suh, K Succop, or WR Godwin. Guess some people can’t comprehend complex ideas. hahahahhahahahahahha What a pathetic pyscho ex behavior is @buc_boi ! He’s still trying to get football knowledge through osmosis from my left nut.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Us experimenting a season with Marpet to center is the worst thing ever for this board. It makes so many posters assume you can just shuffle linemen around to other positions like it’s no big deal.

• SaskBucs

Participant

It seems the only answer would be DL or LB. Someone might have to fill a Shaq, Suh or David hole. With any luck all those guys are back and the Bucs 1st pick slides in next to Suh and Vea as an upgrade on Gholston.

• seekpar

Participant

Edge

• buccnation

Participant

Right guard, Defensive tackle, linebacker, or possibly edge rusher could have a new starter. Cappa was solid but not spectacular, Smith was average, and Jensen is average. Jensen is not worth $10 million.

I’d focus heavily on the defensive and offensive line in the draft.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

I’ve used Mockdraftable’s spiderweb traits to compare between Cappa and Jensen. Surprisingly, their web traits are eerily similar. Jensen doesn’t possess the athleticism to get to the 2nd level with great consistency, but he can pass block better than Jensen. Both players play a physical game.

Maybe, just maybe, Cappa will be a better shotgun snapper than Jensen too!

• FireLicht2020

Participant

There is nothing wrong with drafting a RG. Hockie says some stupid shit but he is right here…

Depth is so damn underrated. Look at how bad we were when Marpet got hurt.

We need to go trenches nonstop this year and next on both sides of the ball

• TCB2W!

Participant

FireLicht2020, on the plus side, if Jason does draft a RB at 32, you can double down on firing him.

• Detrimental

Participant

DT if Suh is gone

• Greattimes

Participant

Bump to get rid of advertising post.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.