Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 24 reply threads

• Author

• CaptainStagger

Participant

Round 1 Zaven Collins. Just like what I see on film from him, and we will eventually need to fill in some depth behind SB and JPP

Round 2 Kenny Gainwell. I like his fit here above Williams or Carter, or even Harris. Rojo has lost a little lightening but added some thunder the past two years and having an electric RB with wr skills is something we don’t have on offense.

Round 3 Ronnie Perkins. I’d double dip at pass rushers, we are going to need them eventually, and a Perkins fall might lead to great value.

Just my 2 cents to get some draft talk going.

• JC5100

Participant

Interior offensive line is looking perfect at 32.

• aquilus

Participant

If Alex Leatherwood is there at 32….he will be a Buc
      I see Donovan Smith possibly asked to take a big paycut or get cut

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by aquilus.

• aquilus

Participant

Love to snag Asante Samuel, Jr. in Rd 2

Quinn Minerz in Rd 3

• Gareth

Participant

My list includes but is not limited too.

JAELAN PHILIPS!

Landon Dickerson
      Michael Carter
      Najee
      Joe Tryon

Later guys
      Khalil Herbert (TOUGH, can catch.)
      Patrick Johnson (tulane), seems like a great 3 or 4th edge guy great tools and motor
      Brady Breeze, a true depth safety and special teams ace type. Has value as a pp.

• Pennywise

Participant

Jalen Phillips is injury prone , he has had 3 concussions, retired and came back ,pass on him

• Pennywise

Participant

Big fan of Collins , mentioned him months ago in my , never too early to talk draft thread … but he will be long gone before Bucs pick

I like Ossai in rd 1 , McNeil rd 2 … wouldn’t mind Jamin Davis in a rd 1 trade back . Milton Williams rd 3 …. Cam McGrone is a rd 4 option if you don’t go Davis earlier.. as for OL , Kendrick Green is a good player.. Bucs need to hit front 7 early and often

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by Pennywise.
      • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by Pennywise.

• theknees

Participant

It’s Leatherwood unless we move out of that spot.

• CaptainStagger

Participant

Phillips has so many red flags, I wonder if he doesn’t fall on draft day. I’d take Collins over him, if he makes it.

Suh resigning will impact that first round pick. We might be needing a 3-4 DE.

Pass Rusher
      DE
      RB
      OL

Those are my positional targets.

I keep watching the top 5 RB and Gainwell just pops in ways the others don’t. Yes Harris looks like the next Derrick Henry, but I really think Gainwell’s the better fit. Especially if Fornette returns

• Pennywise

Participant

They won’t draft a rb before rd 4 if at all , rojo is young , they just used a 3rd on Vaughn last year , they will add a vet . If they draft a Rb late , I like Hill and Hawkins .

Another DL to keep a eye on Payton Turner

• CaptainStagger

Participant

Rojo is in his final year, and can’t catch. Vaughn has shown nothing. And while we might sign a vet that RB room is pretty bare. If we are truly trying to win another Super Bowl before this window closes, running back as one position that could make a big difference next year, not two years down the road. It’s the only position on this team that I see could get significant snaps next year.

• Pennywise

Participant

That is why you sign a vet , you know like they did last years Super Bowl run , no rookie rb will impact this team next year

• CaptainStagger

Participant

I disagree, rookie running backs impact teams every year. Just look at last years crop. Taylor, Robinson, CEH, Dobbins. In 2019 Jacobs, Montgomery, Sanders. In 2018, Barkley, Lindsey, Chubb, Michel. An average of 4 backs per year averaging 1000 yards. Some above some just below. But that to me is impact.

It’s one position that you CAN see great success as a rookie.

• Pennywise

Participant

I didn’t say they couldn’t, I said no rookie will impact Bucs next year

Rojo
      Vaughan
      Vet

That will be your backs for Bucs next year , IMO

• CaptainStagger

Participant

The vet will replace McCoy, and even if Lenny returns I still think a pass catching back with WR like hands and route running will make a large contribution next year.

Don’t sign a vet, just Sign Lenny and draft a guy that can add speed and pass catching ability this year, and take rojo’s place next year so we don’t have to pay him.

• Welsh Buc

Participant

Trenches and Gainwell is what I want.

Hammer pass rush and interior O and D line.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

I like the edge rusher from UGA. Or the one from Penn St. If they are available, grab them. You could even trade back with someone and grab one of them early second round, then move up to the middle of the second round to grab Leatherwood.

• SaskBucs

Participant

By your logic Captain Stagger, an RB can be drafted next year to replace Rojo if they have no problem with immediate impact.

Let’s get an OL or DL/edge for depth and get them ready for prime time in 2022, when Jensen, Suh, JPP, Smith can be replaced.

Rojo, Vaughn and a 3rd down vet can more than carry the load.

Names I like early…
      Jaelan Philips (If he checks out)
      Collins
      Rousseau
      Barmore
      Onzurike
      Teven Jenkins
      Leatherwood
      Humphrey

Next couple rounds..
      Meinerz
      Joe Tryon
      Daviyon Nixon

After loading trench depth first 3-4 rounds go for speed and tackling ability for special teams/gadget shit. Demetric Felton, CB, S, LB, BPA in those areas.

Back to RB being drafted early… CEH, Dobbins, Taylor all looked good and certainly made some kind of immediate impact but every year we see a Philip Lindsay or a James Robinson go undrafted and hit 1000. Id be terrified of ending up with a Michel or Penny.

• Barnz1

Participant

Right now our backup DT’s and OLB are Nunes Rochez and Anthony Nelson. And they’re miles better than the next best option which is scary.

We need to hit IDL and OLB hard in this draft and early. Not only for next season but for future planning. If we re-sign Suh it will be his last year at 34. JPP is 32 and has bad knees.

• Barnz1

Participant

We could easily solve our edge and IDL depth problems by going and signing guys like Aldon Smith, Jurrell Casey for depth. They could be cheap. So much better than Nelson/Roches. Then you don’t put so much pressure on yourself in the draft to nail these picks for needs.

But it looks like Licht is going to totally ignore any FA that wasn’t previously a Buc which is…a bit foolish.

• JC5100

Participant

Agree. People won’t understand this but they should be looking to fix the team with the mindset they were 1-5 vs winning teams in the regular season with a 6% win probability in New Orleans before the Cook fumble. If you just judge the team on the NFC Championship and Super Bowl you’ll just rest in your laurels.

• FinkleisEinhorn

Participant

Joe Tryon is my target at 32. Pass rusher from Wash that sat out last year. Long, twitchy – perfect heir to JPPs seat. Look into him if you haven’t already.

• bodydenny

Participant

Just did a mock with Fanspeak and this is what I came up with.

<script async src=”https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js”></script&gt;
      <ins class=”adsbygoogle”
      style=”display:block; text-align:center;”
      data-ad-layout=”in-article”
      data-ad-format=”fluid”
      data-ad-client=”ca-pub-6114677105545158″
      data-ad-slot=”1184249302″></ins>
      <script>
      (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
      </script>

32: R1 P32 LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah – Notre Dame<br />
      64: R2 P32 OT Walker Little – Stanford<br />
      95: R3 P31 OT Brady Christensen – BYU<br />
      137: R4 P32 DL Tyler Shelvin – LSU

After I was done I thought there’s no way my 1st and 4th picks are there at those points. Build trenches and edge was my goal. RB’s kept falling out of my reach.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by bodydenny.

• mjs020294

Participant

Its looking very much like the Bucs will be able to concentrate on best available player and filling future needs in the draft. I expect them to load up on best able linemen in the early rounds.

• Madman

Participant

Bucs have the luxury of taking BPA. I’m all for building the trenches but I hear DT is the weakest area of the draft this year.

• Pennywise

Participant

McNeil
      Marshall
      Williams
      Tufele

4 DT I like

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.