Viewing 52 reply threads

• Author

• Ronald Mac

Participant

HC Greg RomanOC David ShawDC Jeremy Pruitt GM Brian GutekunstTrade Donald Penn to the Falcons for a 3rd round pickRestructure Mike Koenen and Davin Joseph's contractsCut Luke StockerCut Tiquan UnderwoodCut Leonard JohnsonFree AgencyJared Allen DE 2yrs/20milCorey Graham CB 1yr/3milDraft*Trade our #2 overall to the Vikes for their #4 overall and 2nd round pick* (Minn selects Mariota)1- Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M*Trade Minnesota's 2nd and our 3rd from the Penn trade for Cincinnati's 1st* (Cinci waits til the 2nd for Boyd)1- Eric Ebron TE North Carolina2- Brandon Coleman WR Rutgers4- James Wilder Jr RB Florida StAfter that target depth at S, DT, and OLFinal Depth ChartQB- Mike Glennon, Dan OrlovskyRB- Doug Martin, Mike James, James Wilder JrFB- Erik LorigTE- Eric Ebron, Tim Wright, Nate ByhamWR- Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, Brandon Coleman, Eric Page, Skye DawsonOT- Jake Matthews, Demar Dotson, Gabe CarimiOG- Carl Nicks, Davin Joseph, Ted LarsenC- Jeramy ZuttahDE- Jared Allen, Adrian Clayborn, Daquan Bowers, Steve MeansDT- Gerald McCoy, Akeem Spence, Derek LandriLB- Lavonte David, Mason Foster, Dakota Watson, Johnathan Casillas, Adam HaywardS- Mark Barron, Dashon Goldson, ???CB- Darrell Revis, Corey Graham, Johnthan Banks, Danny Gorrer, Mike AdamsP- Mike Koenen K- Barth Vader

Please wait…

• chace1986

Participant

A very very bad dream.

Please wait…

• mgchat76

Participant

Having Roman as H.C. with Glennon would be like playing Revis in zone.  Why handcuff an innovative mind with a QB as limited as Glennon?

Please wait…

• Ronald Mac

Participant

A very very bad dream.

This thread has nothing to do with how you feel about your life. Go away.

Please wait…

• Hayseed

Participant

Glennon has an audition for the rest of the year. Waaaaaaay to early to tell if he is the guy moving forward. So far, Ive seen some good things from him but he doesn’t have the spark that I think a good NFL QB has to have.

Please wait…

• Ronald Mac

Participant

Having Roman as H.C. with Glennon would be like playing Revis in zone.  Why handcuff an innovative mind with a QB as limited as Glennon?

Roman was a great OC for Andrew Luck. With Ebron and Coleman, and a healthy OLine including Jake Matthews, people will finally stop shi**ing all over Glennon. He is a damn good prospect, and by this time next year, he'll be making his way into the top 8 qb list.

Please wait…

• Skull and Bones

Participant

DC David Shaw?  First off he is an offensive coach .  2nd, he ain’t leaving his alma mater as a HC to be a coordinator here. 

Please wait…

• chace1986

Participant

A very very bad dream.

Don't post opinions if you can't handle it when people disagree, boy.

Please wait…

• Ronald Mac

Participant

DC David Shaw?  First off he is an offensive coach .  2nd, he ain't leaving his alma mater as a HC to be a coordinator here.

Minor typo dude. And why wouldn't he? He's not getting a HC job, two years in Tampa is what he needs to move up, and his Stanford connection with Greg Roman makes the move fit like a latex glove.

Please wait…

• dalbuc

Participant

Roman isn't innovative. He's a ram the ball down your throat guy in all honesty. I guess running an option makes you innovative now.

Please wait…

• Ronald Mac

Participant

A very very bad dream.

I can handle disagreement, I'm all for it. What I can't hardly stand is superficial, unintelligent fans who offer nothing to the discussion, girl.

Please wait…

• Ronald Mac

Participant

Roman isn't innovative. He's a ram the ball down your throat guy in all honesty. I guess running an option makes you innovative now.

True. Thats what we need here. A well balanced coach, who can utilize Doug Martin and the running game to its full potential, and play Glennon to his strengths.

Please wait…

• Skull and Bones

Participant

DC David Shaw?  First off he is an offensive coach .  2nd, he ain't leaving his alma mater as a HC to be a coordinator here.

Minor typo dude. And why wouldn't he? He's not getting a HC job, two years in Tampa is what he needs to move up, and his Stanford connection with Greg Roman makes the move fit like a latex glove.

first he just signed a long term contract extension and has stated he wants to finish his career there.  Can’t find details on his contract but I’m sure he is making over $2 mil a year.  He played for Stanford and is a California native .  He isn’t leaving.  Especially to be an asst. coach. 

Please wait…

• chace1986

Participant

A very very bad dream.

I can handle disagreement, I'm all for it. What I can't hardly stand is superficial, unintelligent fans who offer nothing to the discussion, girl.

Your original response to my post obviously showed that you couldn't. It will be okay, you'll grow up one day.Anyway, since you can't handle one liners in jest, I'll break down the fails in this "dream". No way David Shaw leaves a prestigious college HC job to be a NFL coordinator. The only way he makes the jump to the NFL is as a HC. Fail.Davin is a shell of his former self. If he is kept, even at a cut cost, it should be as a backup. He is a liability and has been for years. Fail.No one is going to pay a 3rd rounder for Penn, and no way do we trade him within the division. He is paid fairly for his production and is the least of the Bucs problems. Fail.Not taking a QB in one of the better QB classes when we have a questionable option currently at QB in a QB driven league. Fail.It's gonna take more than just a 2nd for Minnesota to jump up. We better get a hell of a lot more than just a 2nd. Fail.

Please wait…

• youngone

Participant

I stopped reading after I saw David Shaw at OC… That’s just all kinds of stupid.

Please wait…

• Skull and Bones

Participant

I stopped reading after I saw David Shaw at OC... That's just all kinds of stupid.

it originally said DC and there wasn’t Pruitt listed.

Please wait…

• Skull and Bones

Participant

Speaking of Pruitt, the guy only has a half a season experience as a DC at a major college and has no nfl experience.  Just please stop!

Please wait…

• chace1986

Participant

….it was a “typo”. *wink* *wink*….

Please wait…

• Richie Cartman

Participant

A “Dream Scenario” with Glennon our 2014 QB? LOL

Please wait…

• JDouble

Participant

That OP was a lot of work for such a massive fail.

Please wait…

• chace1986

Participant

I stopped reading after I saw David Shaw at OC... That's just all kinds of stupid.

Lol. Yup. I could understand a an OC from college making the jump. Maybe someone like Chad Morris from Clemson...but Shaw? Ha.

Please wait…

• warrenfb12

Participant

Not drafting QB=failGlennon isnt good.

Please wait…

• Skull and Bones

Participant

So is paying $10 mil a year to a 32 year old DE who production is declining. 

Please wait…

• Twelfth White

Participant

A very very bad dream.

+1

Please wait…

• sammich

Participant

I am willing to give Glennon the rest of the year before I decide if I want a QB or not, but I really want a head coach with NFL experience at that position.  Option 1 would be Lovie Smith.  He would also be options 2-6 as well.As far as the rest of your draft stuff I would love to see Glennon work out and allow us to take a linemen.  Oline or Dline- I'm good with either.  I do think if we trade that pick we can get a lot more for it.  The top 2 picks are quite valuable, especially to a team we know wants a QB.  I can think of atleast 4 teams that would want in on that bidding war.  Walking away from this draft with Clowney or Matthews plus a handful of premium picks would be sweet- assuming Glennon looks like the real deal by seasons end.  I do have to be honest and say that most of my opinion here is based on the fact that Bridgewater is the only QB in this draft I see as a blue chip type of guy, and I'm pretty sure Jax will take him at #1.

Please wait…

• youngone

Participant

Especially when we could pay Michael Johnson.

Please wait…

• Feel Real Good

Participant

Eh it's not like he just runs the dive play 30 times a game. I'm not a football coach so can't detail and the ins and outs opf his system but I've read that he is very innovative in the way he designs his runs and blocking.

Please wait…

• Skull and Bones

Participant

His background is OL

Please wait…

• XFactor

Participant

We would get way more then a 2nd round pick and swapping firsts. We would likely get what the Rams got in the RG3 trade if not more.  Swap first with Minnesota a 2nd rounder this year and two future 1st round picks for the number 2 overall pick sounds more right to me. If our new coach is not into these read option QB’s and Bridgewater goes first who knows, it could happen for the right price.  Take Hundley at 4 if he decides to declare if not you end up with either Clowney, Barr or Matthews at 4 and take your QB in next years draft. Even if you rather just take Mariota which would be cool with me I don’t think trading down to 4 or 5 would be a fail if you got  a kings ransom in return.The Rams could end up with two top ten picks this year, they might be the better trade partner if they are going to cut bait on Bradford. 

Please wait…

• Feel Real Good

Participant

I thought that was one of the least objectionable suggestions.

Please wait…

• EricPage#1Receiver

Participant

I don’t want to put any blame on players that have played well in the past, but have started sucking this year. I would like to keep Penn around. Joseph can be cut because he really wasn’t that great before his injury. It'd be nice to have an elite LT for years to come but to me that is a luxury that this team doesn't need. If we can get the oline playing the way that we did last year, then it's more than adequate. There's teams that have bad olines which have QBs that succeed. We either need a game changer at QB or DE. I would even pick up a WR before going LT. The way that this league is going, you need guys that can help you put up, or stop the most points in the passing game.

Please wait…

• sammich

Participant

I don't want to put any blame on players that have played well in the past, but have started sucking this year. I would like to keep Penn around. Joseph can be cut because he really wasn't that great before his injury. It'd be nice to have an elite LT for years to come but to me that is a luxury that this team doesn't need. If we can get the oline playing the way that we did last year, then it's more than adequate. There's teams that have bad olines which have QBs that succeed. We either need a game changer at QB or DE. I would even pick up a WR before going LT. The way that this league is going, you need guys that can help you put up, or stop the most points in the passing game.

I would argue that a brick wall at left tackle (assuming a righty at QB) does help you put up points in the passing game.

Please wait…

• Ronald Mac

Participant

Damn. Wtf people. You guys act like Im a Saints fan or something. All of this is just speculating for ships and giggles. If you disagree so much, write up your own plan and prove what you know!

Please wait…

• chace1986

Participant

I don't want to put any blame on players that have played well in the past, but have started sucking this year. I would like to keep Penn around. Joseph can be cut because he really wasn't that great before his injury. It'd be nice to have an elite LT for years to come but to me that is a luxury that this team doesn't need. If we can get the oline playing the way that we did last year, then it's more than adequate. There's teams that have bad olines which have QBs that succeed. We either need a game changer at QB or DE. I would even pick up a WR before going LT. The way that this league is going, you need guys that can help you put up, or stop the most points in the passing game.

I completely agree about your position on the LT position. Mathews is a good player, but he is a luxury and you could probably find a guy in the 2nd round that could play just as well as him. Top 5 LTs rarely are worth that high of a pick.

Please wait…

• BucD

Participant

So we land a HC like Roman and pass on a QB like Mariota?Umm...nah...I'm good...

Please wait…

• EricPage#1Receiver

Participant

I completely agree about your position on the LT position. Mathews is a good player, but he is a luxury and you could probably find a guy in the 2nd round that could play just as well as him. Top 5 LTs rarely are worth that high of a pick.

Yeah especially with the mobility of QBs in the league, it's kind of a holdover from years ago. You can't have a turnstile at LT, but there isn't a big difference on the scoreboard between a slightly above average LT and an elite LT. There's a huge point differential difference between a slightly above average QB and an elite one.

Please wait…

• Hate

Participant

A very very bad dream.

Nightmare!!!

Please wait…

• JDouble

Participant

Damn. Wtf people. You guys act like Im a Saints fan or something. All of this is just speculating for ships and giggles. If you disagree so much, write up your own plan and prove what you know!

It appears you just wrote this up on the spur of the moment with no rhyme or reason and therefore it is very flawed and not a "Dream Scenario" and doesn't make anyone say "OHHHHHH Yesssssss!"  If you can't take the criticism then you should either do more research to base your post on, or just don't post this kind of thing....but you can't just post a bunch of nonsense and label it "Dream Scenario" and not expect anyone to call you on it.

Please wait…

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

I dont like it, but no need to hate on the guy. Just closethe thread and move on.

Please wait…

• chace1986

Participant

It appears you just wrote this up on the spur of the moment with no rhyme or reason and therefore it is very flawed and not a "Dream Scenario" and doesn't make anyone say "OHHHHHH Yesssssss!"  If you can't take the criticism then you should either do more research to base your post on, or just don't post this kind of thing....but you can't just post a bunch of nonsense and label it "Dream Scenario" and not expect anyone to call you on it.

100% agree.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEsKIM9MZnE

Please wait…

• Dolorous Jason

Participant

I dont like it, but no need to hate on the guy. Just closethe thread and move on.

What fun is that ?

Please wait…

• Bucs N Beers

Participant

A very very bad dream.

+1

+2. This plan sucks. Sorry guy.

Please wait…

• fanofkit

Participant

What fun is that ?

Give the guy a break guys, I have seen far dumber things written on this board that received less criticism.  Compared to advocating the release of Lavonte David after week one, this is MENSA stuff.

Please wait…

• chace1986

Participant

For the most part, the responses have been just pointing out how many of these moves are unrealistic. Anything else has been in response to the OPs next few posts where he obviously couldn’t handle people pointing out the flaws. He brought this sh*t storm on himself.

For future reference to any newbies....if you have to absolutely have your opinion heard, but can't handle opposing opinions or disagreements, then create the thread and lock it.

Please wait…

• dbucfan

Participant

A very very bad dream.

You aren’t going to like it here very much.  Just sayin’….. hmmmm – not going to try to guess guy or girl..

Please wait…

• fanofkit

Participant

For the most part, the responses have been just pointing out how many of these moves are unrealistic. Anything else has been in response to the OPs next few posts where he obviously couldn't handle people pointing out the flaws. He brought this sh*t storm on himself.

I know, and I can't argue, but I just feel bad for the guy.  It's his second post and he clearly put some thought into it.  I agree that he has to thicken up his skin if he wants to stick around.

Please wait…

• dbucfan

Participant

He’ll be fine if he wants to be. 

Please wait…

• Hate

Participant

if one can’t take having his/her opinion challenged, might i suggest bridge?

Please wait…

• dbucfan

Participant

No – that wouldn’t work at all.  Perhaps something one does while alone…

Please wait…

• chace1986

Participant

if one can't take having his/her opinion challenged, might i suggest bridge?

Those older ladies can be quite feisty and opinionated...that wont work either.

Please wait…

• JDouble

Participant

What fun is that ?

Give the guy a break guys, I have seen far dumber things written on this board that received less criticism.  Compared to advocating the release of Lavonte David after week one, this is MENSA stuff.

Yeah. That was a whole different level of stupid.https://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1308014.0.html

Please wait…

• Hate

Participant

No - that wouldn't work at all.  Perhaps something one does while alone...

My grandma used to play bridge and the ladies were quite docile...but i get what you're saying. Maybe knitting?

Please wait…

• dbucfan

Participant

No - that wouldn't work at all.  Perhaps something one does while alone...

My grandma used to play bridge and the ladies were quite docile...but i get what you're saying. Maybe knitting?

In a room, by itself, without video....

Please wait…

Viewing 52 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.