Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 9 reply threads

• Author

• TBChucky

Participant

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/texans-release-duke-johnson-two-years-after-acquiring-him-for-a-third-round-pick/

He could help fill our need on the cheap. I wouldn’t mind it on a 1 year deal. Especially if it kept us from drafting yet another RB this season.. Any takers?

• JC5100

Participant

No. There will be better backs available. I still don’t think there will be a big market for Fournette and it’s 50/50 comes back.

Kerryon Johnson is the guy to steal. Will be 24, on a contract year, only costs $1.4M.

• TBChucky

Participant

I’d be down for that.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

I wouldn’t mind bringing him in and cutting Shady loose. But you still want to keep Fournette. Riding the wave of his successful playoff performance, it looks like he may have a career resurgence.

• TBChucky

Participant

I’d be down for that too!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Shady was on a 1 year deal, don’t think they’ll bring him back.

I’d put Duke on the list and take a look-see JC. Bring in 2-3 FA RBs and let the competition begin.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

If Duke is willing to play for what we paid Shady, get the deal done. He’s a big upgrade at that spot and will push Vaughn.

• seekpar

Participant

I hear Cam Newton is still available, what do you think?

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

If he’s willing to be Tom Brady’s backup making Blaine Gabbert’s salary, then hell yeah I’d bring him in. I don’t care if he’s a shell of his 2015 self. He’s still an upgrade over Gabbert.

• creamsicles

Participant

I think Duke would be a great add if he’s cheap… not much wear on his tires.

• Roy

Participant

If you are going to get rid of Gabbert, why not bring in Ryan Fitzpatrick? He’s never been in a playoff game. He wants to start. I don’t see that happening. The coach talks about how good Gabbert is, so he’ll probably stick with him. As for the running backs, yeah I think there are a lot of fish in the sea. But if Najee Harris is there at 32 I’m all in on him. I see the highlights of him blowing through defenses, and the other running backs blowing through defenses. But those other RBs are blowing through Big 12 teams and Harris is blowing through LSU and Florida. This guy is the real deal.

• seekpar

Participant

Ke’Shawn Vaughn had similar highlight films blasting through SEC defenses too, how’d that work out for him in his rookie year?

BTW my Cam Newton comment was a sarcastic way of saying no to Duke Johnson.

• Bucman

Participant

He sucks and always seems to be hurt.

• SaskBucs

Participant

More intrigued by White but if Duke is cheap I wouldn’t mind it. Not much else is needed back there assuming Vaughn takes a step. Get Lenny outta here. I appreciate his playoff efforts but unless he comes back for what White or Duke would take, they can catch the ball just as well and that is mostly whats needed.

I am not sure how the Bucs would steal Kerryon Johnson but if he is a good pass protector and has good hands then that would be a good steal imo. Whenever I watched Detroit, I thought he was a good looking back. I wondered why they didn’t give him more play.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

50/50 fournette is back? I wish.

One expert had him getting 2 years 16 mil.

I love me some super bowl lenny, but not at 8 mil. Can’t afford him, sadly.

Unless he takes a cheap 1 year deal & bets on himself, not happening.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.