Viewing 85 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bunch of idiots at Duke University. .  . obviously they have not been educated in The Cove"It rarely makes sense to draw big conclusions or make public policy on the basis of anecdotes. But the plural of "anecdote" is data, and sometimes one-off events are useful in crystallizing lessons to guide policymakers and inform the public. So it was with the Pittsburgh-area rampage this week in which a teenager bearing two kitchen knives is accused of injuring 21 high school classmates and a security guard -- but none of them were killed. It's hard to imagine an anecdote that better illustrates what decades of data show: that for purposes of life and death, the weapon matters.It's called "the instrumentality effect," and we owe the original scholarly findings (more than four decades old at this point) to the eminent University of California criminologist Franklin Zimring. Others, including one of us (Cook), have validated and built upon his insights.The idea that the weapon matters emerges in studies of robberies and assaults. When committed with a gun, these crimes are far more likely to result in the victim's death than are similar violent crimes committed without a gun. For example, the likelihood that a victim will die when robbed by a firearm-wielding attacker is three times as high as when the victim faces an attacker bearing a knife and 10 times as high as when the attacker has another type of weapon. For victims injured in an assault, the likelihood of death is also greater when a gun is involved, especially in cases of domestic violence.Of course, the choice of weapon could be simply a product of the perpetrator's focus on killing; perhaps it's this intensity, not the choice of weapon, that is really to blame. In light of Wednesday's knife attacks in Pennsylvania, Zimring's findings are particularly telling. To separate the effects of the weapon vs. the intent of the perpetrator, he looked at fatality rates for different calibers of guns. If perpetrator intent were really to blame, zeroing in on attacks with guns would "control" for that effect. Zimring found, as the instrumentality perspective would predict, that people shot by larger caliber guns -- which carry bigger and more destructive bullets -- were more likely to die than those shot by smaller caliber guns.Adding more evidence to the case that the weapon matters, Zimring and Gordon Hawkins later demonstrated that overall crime rates aren't that much higher in American cities than in comparable cities in other developed countries. We just have higher rates of homicide, and that is because our criminals are more likely to be armed with guns and thus their attacks are more likely to end in the victim's death.The most important and interesting implication of the instrumentality effect is that if public policy could reduce gun use in crime, the murder rate would go down -- even if the overall crime rate did not. As it turns out, about half of American states have enacted policies that add prison time to felons who use a gun when committing their crimes.These so-called sentencing enhancements, most of which were adopted in the 1970s and 1980s, were intended to reduce the use of guns in violent acts. Scholarly evaluations based on data, not anecdotes, offer some evidence that these policy innovations have been effective.This week's tragedy can't help but invoke memories of the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School some 16 months ago. The difference today is that, because the Murrysville, Pennsylvania, perpetrator chose to use knives, victims' families can look forward to a future with their loved ones -- instead of planning their funerals.REPEAT THE OBVIOUS (except in the Cove):"hard to imagine an anecdote that better illustrates what decades of data show: that for purposes of life and death, the weapon matters"shocking :-[  :-[

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL, same point made a few days ago . . .  met with the usual brain-dead nonsense:https://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1315502.0.htmlhttps://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1315515.0.html

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It took just 10 minutes for a man armed with a kitchen knife to unleash terror in a Japanese elementary school in a stabbing spree that left eight school children dead and injured 21 other people. http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=80964

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think there’s a study that says a nuclear bomb dropped on a school would be more lethal than a gun …..#madeupargumentagain

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL, same point made a few days ago . . .  met with the usual brain-dead nonsense:https://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1315502.0.htmlhttps://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1315515.0.html

echoguns are more deadly than knives . . .  gun guys afraid to even admit that  . . . intellectual dishonesty of highest order . . . but hey . .truth hurts

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

echolink to where someone said guns are not more deadly than knives?#makeupanargumentagain #oblivious #projection

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

echolink to where someone said guns are not more deadly than knives?#makeupanargumentagain #oblivious #projection

Taking the time to post nothing but nonsense means two things:1 youre a silly self-styled internet thug 2. You concede you have no meaningful response on the substance. Taking the time to post nothing but nonsense repeatedly means you need to seek professional helpDoing all of that on a football site while hardly ever discussing football means the professional help might be a waste of time.  Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#hypocrite #loser #oblivious

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How many threads is it now on a subject no one else is interested in attempting to discuss with him, started solely for the purpose of provoking an emotional response? Stupid bastard doesn't even realize he's a troll.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

a nuclear bomb dropped on a school would be more lethal than a gun .....

This will undoubtedly be the next inside job that occurs. The reason is simple...they..um...hold on, let me ask Durango the reasoning again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How many threads is it now on a subject no one else is interested in attempting to discuss with him, started solely for the purpose of provoking an emotional response? Stupid bastard doesn't even realize he's a troll.

So here you are though, right? Not sure you comprehend the irony, so get someone to explain it to you, but here's a hint:  which one is it?  If I am "trolling" then thank for proving you and your band of idiot brothers are under my control -  because you're here and everywhere I post. If " no one is interested to discuss" ... then why can't you and the dodo brothers stop? If that were true, you'd just ignore my threads, right?Here's the truth. I post information. The information bothers you because your position is dishonest and devoid of logic. It bothers you that the information I post highlights the dishonesty and so that is why you and the Band of Misfits post intellectually dishonest deflections about knives in China etc. Now, go ahead and deny that, do the stupid "duh, I am here because you amuse me" thing, but ....Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mass stabbings in countries with extremely tight gun controls = intellectual dishonestyGun death/violence stats in these countries = information#oblivioushypocritelol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mass stabbings in countries with extremely tight gun controls = intellectual dishonestyGun death/violence stats in these countries = information#oblivioushypocritelol

NONSENSE:

BOOM! goes the village idiot.

DISHONEST STRAWAN NONSENSE:

Another mass stabbing today.  This one in Toronto, but it's OK because no one has died yet and no one ever dies of stab wounds.http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/09/world/americas/toronto-office-stabbings/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

NONSENSE:

Now stilettos are another matter.  http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/08/us/texas-stiletto-stabbing/

AND A PERSONAL FAVORITE, NOTICE YOUR NONSENSE RESPONSE TO A DIRECT SUBSTANTIVE QUESTION:

There's been 2 mass stabbings at schools in the past 12 months.How many mass stabbings in China over the past few years?

not sure, how many?

http://www.google.com/search?q=google&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

lol, its funny the lengths you go to.  you post nonsense and stalk me, but then expend a ton of effort trying to deny it . . . .  like I said to Buggsy, why not just ignore me?  lmao.  It's just a discussion, right? I am not seeking votes . . lol.  If you dont like my point of view, ignore it or disagree . .  . but dont try to silence it . . .  God that sounds ridiculous reading it back, but that is what yoiu are doing, as odd as that sounds.  Do you remember that?  You'll deny it no doubt but you said that I could make the stalking end if I would just leave?  lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

good thing old guy didnt pick up a knifehttp://www.cnn.com/2014/04/13/us/kansas-jewish-center-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You mean the “DIRECT SUBSTANTIVE QUESTION” to my question that you never have answered?#oblivioushypocrite #villageidiot

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Btw, I have posted repeatedly that the NRA represents gun manufacturers and sellers, not the 2nd Amendment. Justice Burger agreed, to put it mildly:Organizations such as the National Rifle Association disagreed with that position and mounted a vigorous campaign claiming that federal regulation of the use of firearms severely curtailed Americans’ Second Amendment rights. Five years after his retirement, during a 1991 appearance on “The MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour,” Burger himself remarked that the Second Amendment “has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud, I repeat the word ‘fraud,’ on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime.”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You mean the "DIRECT SUBSTANTIVE QUESTION" to my question that you never have answered?

what question?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#oblivious

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#oblivious

lol, if you had a genuine question you would ask it, right? but all I got was a hashtag (deflection) . .lolwhat was the question that you claim I never answered?(any bets?)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#oblivious

lol, if you had a genuine question you would ask it, right? but all I got was a hashtag (deflection) . .lolwhat was the question that you claim I never answered?(any bets?)

post honestly, did anyone actually bet he'd post a question?  did anyone think there actually was a question?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unfortunately, Vegas does not have any Red Board/Pirates Cove related lines as of yet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unfortunately, Vegas does not have any Red Board/Pirates Cove related lines as of yet.

Working on it

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bunch of idiots at Duke University. .  .The idea that the weapon matters emerges in studies of robberies and assaults. When committed with a gun, these crimes are far more likely to result in the victim's death than are similar violent crimes committed without a gun. For example, the likelihood that a victim will die when robbed by a firearm-wielding attacker is three times as high as when the victim faces an attacker bearing a knife and 10 times as high as when the attacker has another type of weapon. For victims injured in an assault, the likelihood of death is also greater when a gun is involved, especially in cases of domestic violence.

Yes they are because it ignores one important fact. The obvious solution being pushed here is gun control. Now, out of these 2 people above, the perpetrator and the victim, just who do you think is likely to respect laws pertaining to gun control? The one doing the robbing or the one being robbed? Punishing the victim always strikes me as arse about face, and making them even more vulnerable will likely make them how much safer?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bunch of idiots at Duke University. .  .The idea that the weapon matters emerges in studies of robberies and assaults. When committed with a gun, these crimes are far more likely to result in the victim's death than are similar violent crimes committed without a gun. For example, the likelihood that a victim will die when robbed by a firearm-wielding attacker is three times as high as when the victim faces an attacker bearing a knife and 10 times as high as when the attacker has another type of weapon. For victims injured in an assault, the likelihood of death is also greater when a gun is involved, especially in cases of domestic violence.

Yes they are because it ignores one important fact. The obvious solution being pushed here is gun control. Now, out of these 2 people above, the perpetrator and the victim, just who do you think is likely to respect laws pertaining to gun control? The one doing the robbing or the one being robbed? Punishing the victim always strikes me as arse about face, and making them even more vulnerable will likely make them how much safer?

no one is punishing the victim though, its legal to own a gun in the US.  Again, you are speaking about a scenario (all about ban) that the Supreme Court has said is unconstitutional.  In other words, you're creating a "boogeyman" scenario that is not even at issue.The point has always been, and is in this article, that guns are everywhere in this country and easily accessible, so that explains why we have higher murder rates from crimes like these. As you have pointed out on your own, there are more ASSAULTS in the UK. Because there are very few guns in the UK there are more robberies without guns (muggings, etc.).  People generally (not always) survive those types of crimes because fists and bats and knives are not as deadly as gunsand, if you want to take it a step further, the reason we have so many guns in this country is NOT the Second Amendment its is money $$$$$$.  The notion that the 2nd Amendment is the issue is a "fraud" perpetrated by the NRA to protect these interest of gun makers and sellers:The Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud, I repeat the word fraud,' on the American public," former chief justice Warren E. Burger said in a 1991 interview on PBS's "MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#oblivious

post honestly, did anyone actually bet he'd post a question?  did anyone think there actually was a question?

#obliviousvillageidiot

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the whole “conversation” illustrates that the point is not a debate over an issue, its driving  me fro m the boards (lol, hard to even type that). If it wasnt, and there was an actual substantive dispute, you’d just restate the ” missed”  question, right?  well, here it is:

NOTICE YOUR NONSENSE RESPONSE TO A DIRECT SUBSTANTIVE QUESTION:

There's been 2 mass stabbings at schools in the past 12 months.How many mass stabbings in China over the past few years?

not sure, how many?

http://www.google.com/search?q=google&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

lol, its funny the lengths you go to.  you post nonsense and stalk me, but then expend a ton of effort trying to deny it . . . .  like I said to Buggsy, why not just ignore me?  lmao.  It's just a discussion, right? I am not seeking votes . . lol.  If you dont like my point of view, ignore it or disagree . .  . but dont try to silence it . . .  God that sounds ridiculous reading it back, but that is what yoiu are doing, as odd as that sounds.  Do you remember that?  You'll deny it no doubt but you said that I could make the stalking end if I would just leave?  lol

here's the response

#oblivious

#obliviousvillageidiot

what the hell is the point Olaf?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who are you talking to when you post that nonsense?    lol @ the question I “didn’t ask” being quoted by you again ……. #troll #hypocrite #oblivious #villageidiot

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who are you talking to when you post that nonsense?    lol @ the question I "didn't ask" being quoted by you again ....... #troll #hypocrite #oblivious #villageidiot

I was just seeing whether you actually had any interest in the subject of the thread or if this was just your usual bs i.e. trying to drive  me out of here (lol).  It seems if you have a real question that I "refused" to answer, you would just re-type it, right? I have asked several times So, I guess the whole question things was a lie, but you could prove e wrong. that would  make  me happy . . . better than dealing with your nonsense, right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Working on it

update: they said no one would take the bet  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

nobody is trying to drive you out of here.  everyone knows you are a pathetic loser who couldn’t leave this board if your life depended on it.  #obliviousvillageidiot

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

nobody is trying to drive you out of here.  everyone knows you are a pathetic loser who couldn't leave this board if your life depended on it.  #obliviousvillageidiot

Olaf, that is not what you said before, but how about we just move on from that and try this as a means to bring this nonsense to a close . . . . just answer this:  would you be doing all of this (following me around, calling me a "village idiot" etc.), if we were sitting face-to face? In other words, if you were not hiding behind anonymity provided by this site?  You know who I am. I post knowing that you know who I am and that you could come meet me at any G2G (the invite still stands), but you are posting anonymously, so would your posts change if you were not anonymous?  Recall that when you posted my personal info on this site I asked you to post your on personal info (your name) so that we were on equal footing and you refused . . . so, would you still post all this stuff ABOUT me if you were not "anonymous"?I will wait for your response before proposing my idea to put an end to this nonsense.  maybe we can find a way to put this all behind us so it doesn't clog up every thread

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1.  I never posted your personal information.  That is a flat out lie.  Your inclination to lie on this board is one of the main reasons that no one can have a legitimate discussion on here involving you.  And the fact that you continue to say this while ignoring that people actually have posted personal info about you one here shows you obsession with me.2.  "This" started because you started calling people pu$$ies, ignorant mfers, and threatening to kick people's asses over the anonymous message board.  So don't tell me about saying stuff "anonymously".3.  You want to end "this".  There are a few ways, you can apologize for the original b$ that started "this", you can apologize for lying continually about me stalking you, threatening you, and posting your personal info.  Or you could just stop posting the gun nonsense.  It's run its course and obviously the only reason you post it is to instigate "this". 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line, Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1.  I never posted your personal information.  That is a flat out lie.  Your inclination to lie on this board is one of the main reasons that no one can have a legitimate discussion on here involving you.  And the fact that you continue to say this while ignoring that people actually have posted personal info about you one here shows you obsession with me.2.  "This" started because you started calling people pu$$ies, ignorant mfers, and threatening to kick people's asses over the anonymous message board.  So don't tell me about saying stuff "anonymously".3.  You want to end "this".  There are a few ways, you can apologize for the original b$ that started "this", you can apologize for lying continually about me stalking you, threatening you, and posting your personal info.  Or you could just stop posting the gun nonsense.  It's run its course and obviously the only reason you post it is to instigate "this".

so, I guess that is a "no"? you didnt answer my question, but in the spirit of bringing this to a close, I will address your comments in full and then maybe you could answer my question: would you post all the stuff you do if you were not anonymous?1. You did post my personal info.  You researched me online and then posted my full name or something that showed me that you knew y full name.  You acknowledged as much in a pm between us. But like I have said many times I dont mind that you know who I am I mind the behavior while remaining anonymous because that is dangerous.2. I disagree, but if you think that is "how all this started"  then I apologize for whatever I posted in the past that you see as justification for this nonsense. I have said this before and nothing changes, so I guess we'll see.  Again, my goal is to get you to stop the nonsense3. I cannot apologies for telling the truth (stalking, personal info).  That is demonstrably true, so sorry I cannot apologize for posting the truth, but I do apologize for posting anything that offended you or that you think justifies your conduct (see #2). As for threatening me, using your anonymity to post my personal information in a not so subtle effort to silence me is a threat. Now, earlier you said that you were not trying to run me off the boards, but look at one of your proposed solutions: "just stop posting the gun nonsense."  That is tantamount to an admission that your goal is to get me to stop, and that goal seems to be based on a  complete falsehood: "the only reason you post it is to instigate "this"."  That is simply NOT TRUE. If you didn't attack  me when I do post, which you do in an effort to get me to ""just stop posting the gun nonsense," then there would be no "this."  more importantly though . . Olaf, you CANNOT control what I post on this board, but you can control how you CHOOSE to respond, right?Now, I addressed every one of your questions/comments. We obviously disagree on a lot BUT the point of this post is to try and put this all behind us, so now that I have addressed all of your comments at length, will just answer my one simple question:would you continue to post about me as you do if you were not posting anonymously?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1.  I posted your user name and only your user name.  2.  That is how it started.  3.  I didn't post your personal info, I posted your user name.  Mocking your stupidity for using your real name and initials and then acting like the jerk who threaten's to kick people's arses isn't threatening, it's mocking.  (Telling people you will be waiting for them at the stadium or at a G2G or tracking them down is threatening by the way, but hey what's a little hypocrisy)  And no, it is tantamount to telling how you can "stop the nonsense" if you want to.    Your posts on the subject are obviously only made to illicit the kind of responses you get.  And yes I can CHOOSE to respond anyway I want just as you can.  So if you continue to instigate "this", then don't complain about the responses you get.    #oblivious#shameless

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1.  I posted your user name and only your user name.  2.  That is how it started.  3.  I didn't post your personal info, I posted your user name.  Mocking your stupidity for using your real name and initials and then acting like the jerk who threaten's to kick people's arses isn't threatening, it's mocking.  (Telling people you will be waiting for them at the stadium or at a G2G or tracking them down is threatening by the way, but hey what's a little hypocrisy)  And no, it is tantamount to telling how you can "stop the nonsense" if you want to.    Your posts on the subject are obviously only made to illicit the kind of responses you get.  And yes I can CHOOSE to respond anyway I want just as you can.  So if you continue to instigate "this", then don't complain about the responses you get.    #oblivious#shameless

Ok, I will take your two long responses as a refusal to answer this simple question:

would you continue to post about me as you do if you were not posting anonymously?

and that hashtags as an indication you want to use your anonymity to keep this going.  Thanks for answering the question, even if indirectly.Now, let me give you a chance to correct this by telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth:

1.  I posted your user name and only your user name. 

Olaf, is that ^^^ really true? did you post my "username" or did you slip up and post something that was like my username but that PROVED you actually researched me online? Let's see how you respond, even behind your "anonymity"(keep in mind, I am going through this exercise in a sincere effort to bring this to a close, to stop you from carrying on as you do  every time I post . .  and you are refusing to do so  . .  apparently because of your anonymity)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Odd that a guy that places such a high value on preserving his own anonymity would demand someone else to reveal theirs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Odd that a guy that places such a high value on preserving his own anonymity would demand someone else to reveal theirs.

He really doesn't comprehend what you're referring to.  Completely oblivious.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

wow, the irony.  Durango posts an incorrect (read:false) statement and Buggsy signs on to it . . . and calls me oblivious and saying I don't comprehend. lmao, Buggsy, you're too muchI am not trying to preserve my anonymity (obviously) because I am not even on this site anonymous (obviously).  LOL.  Neither am I asking Olaf to reveal his identity. I am just asking him if he would carry on as he does is he was NOT anonymous.  By the way, Buggsy . . .  would you?Incidentally, Olaf's refusal to answer is telling, isn't it? Keep in ind that I asked this question as part of an effort to stop the nonsense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Buggsy, would you carry on the way you do if you were not anonymous?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would you threaten to kick people’s arses if you weren’t anonymous?    Nevermind, we all know the answer to that.lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You don’t care about your anonymity, but you continue to lie about me posting your personal info.  #obliviousYou can end "this" but not responding.  Remember we all CHOOSE what we post#hypocrite

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You don't care about your anonymity, but you continue to lie about me posting your personal info. 

well, as you continue to hide behind your "anonymity" let's at least get this lie out of the way.  Here's what you just posted and my response:

Olaf, is that ^^^ really true? did you post my "username" or did you slip up and post something that was like my username but that PROVED you actually researched me online? Let's see how you respond, even behind your "anonymity"(keep in mind, I am going through this exercise in a sincere effort to bring this to a close, to stop you from carrying on as you do  every time I post . .  and you are refusing to do so  . .  apparently because of your anonymity)

Olaf, you claim you "posted [my] username and only [my] user name." Those are your words, in writing.I claimed that you "slipped up" and posted "something that was like my username but that PROVED you actually researched me online."  I further posted that we discussed this in a private message and you essentially acknowledged the "slip up"Olaf,my former username was "vincepb3"  -- now which version is true, your version or my version?  Did you post " [my] username and only [my] user name" (i.e. "vincepb3")  or did you "slip up" and post ""something that was like my username but that PROVED you actually researched me online."?btw, would you be carrying on like this if you were NOT anonymous? I think you've refused to answer that 4 pr 5 times

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You can end "this" but not responding.  Remember we all CHOOSE what we post#hypocrite

Nope, couldn't do it

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You can end "this" but not responding.  Remember we all CHOOSE what we post#hypocrite

Nope, couldn't do it

Could but "choose" not to right now, but keep in mind I am trying to bring an end to this. That is my goal, as evidence by my one-sided apologies and my posts aboveNow:1. which version was true about your post -- my version or your version?2. would you carry on like this if you were NOT anonymous?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL, I posted a III instead of a 3.LOL @ you trying to pretend like that is any more information than you used as your user name.  Now respond again and tell us how you "just want to end this" ........#village idiot

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

so can we get this lie out of the way ?

You don't care about your anonymity, but you continue to lie about me posting your personal info. 

well, as you continue to hide behind your "anonymity" let's at least get this lie out of the way.  Here's what you just posted and my response:

Olaf, you claim you "posted [my] username and only [my] user name." Those are your words, in writing.I claimed that you "slipped up" and posted "something that was like my username but that PROVED you actually researched me online."  I further posted that we discussed this in a private message and you essentially acknowledged the "slip up"Olaf,my former username was "vincepb3"  -- now which version is true, your version or my version?  Did you post " [my] username and only [my] user name" (i.e. "vincepb3")  or did you "slip up" and post ""something that was like my username but that PROVED you actually researched me online."?btw, would you be carrying on like this if you were NOT anonymous? I think you've refused to answer that 4 pr 5 times

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We can as soon as you admit that you have lied repeatedly for over a year about me posting your personal information, threatening you, and stalking you off line.Along with the lie about you "just wanting to end "this""#villageidiot

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL, I posted a III instead of a 3.LOL @ you trying to pretend like that is any more information than you used as your user name.  Now respond again and tell us how you "just want to end this" ........#village idiot

ahhh . . . the delayed admission under duress .  . . well done Olaf . . . way to come part way to the truth AFTER I pushed you towards it.  You posted IN A GUN thread (and after posting "just leave")  . . . "are you mad vincent p b III"  which shows you took the time to research me online to determine that the my former username of vincepb3 (given to me by my daughter) was related to my initials and not just random numbers and letters like . . . says . . . Biggss3535 . . .  unless Buggsy is the 3,535th Buggsy . . . lmao.  JUST LIKE NOW . . .  back then you only admitted to it when I pinned you down ..  . . and you have been denying ever since . .  including in this thread . .  until I reminded you that I had a private message from you.now that we have that admission begrudgingly out in the OPEN for all to see . . .  how about my original question,a question I presented in an effort to get us past thiswould you be carrying on like this is you were NOT actually anonymous?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We can as soon as you admit that you have lied repeatedly for over a year about me posting your personal information, threatening you, and stalking you off line.Along with the lie about you "just wanting to end "this""#villageidiot

1. I have not lied (see last post)2. I do want to end "this" -- that is why I answered all your questions in full and even offered one-sided apologies BUT it is you who does not want this to end because you will not even answer whether or not you would carry on like this if you were NOT anonymous.  This is "fun" for you because you view it as "anonymous," right? even though my identity is known?let me repeat:  between the two of us:1. you are "anonymous" while my identity is known2. I initiated this conversation to put an end to this3. I am the only one between the two of us who has apologized4. I offered in the past to meet you privately or at a G2G5. I asked you to prove you meant me (and y family) no harm by revealing your identity  to me privately -- you refused (you assured e you meant no harm, and I appreciate that, but I hope you can see why that wouldnt really cut it)6. you have persisted with the nonsense -- even now -- despite several attempts by me to put this behind usI am trying to let you control the good resolution of this, but you agree its not working, right? and its not working, at least, in part because you enjoy your "anonymity", right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

. I think it's safe to assume that conflict resolution is not one his areas of specialty.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Olaf, I am happy to continue this discussion privately, or out here, in person, or even with PR if you want.  my only goal is to make this all come to a good end, to move past the nonsense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

so the “personal info” I posted according to you is “vincent” instead of “vince” and “III” instead of “3” …… bwahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaif you want to "put it behind us", then drop it.  Your the one that keeps bringing up the nonsense lies.#meltdownhasstarted

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

. I think it's safe to assume that conflict resolution is not one his areas of specialty.

I think you and I know that it is impossible to solve a conflict when a party is in denial or so dishonest that you can't get near the root of the conflict or even enjoys the conflict so much that they want it to continue

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

so the "personal info" I posted according to you is "vincent" instead of "vince" and "III" instead of "3" ...... bwahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha

^^^^ deflectionanyone capable of reading at a 3rd grade elvel can see right through that post Olaf  Obviously, its not the info in the post its that you used a "III," which shows you researched me online to figure out the username was my initials . . .and then tried to use your knowledge of my identity to get e to stop postinghere's an even simpler version of the point . . .  did you do the same thing for Biggs3535?  as you can see, we are getting nowhere in my attempt to resolves this . . .  I am trying, but there are two people involved and I cant make you realize what you're missing. I guess the "nonsense" brought on by your "anonymity" means too much to you . . . wow

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you and I know that it is impossible to solve a conflict when a party is in denial or so dishonest that you can't get near the root of the conflict or even enjoys the conflict so much that they want it to continue

actually, the issue here is not "denial" but misinformation.  Anyway, I dont enjoy the conflict -- as evidenced by my unilateral effort to resolve it now -- so I guess you are speaking for yourself when you say "enjoys the conflict so much that they want it to continue."  I am OBVIOUSLY trying to get the conflict to stop . . . . that is the point of all of this

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Olaf, one reason I ask about the “anonymity” is because people act differently when they think they are anonymous  . . . people say things they would not in person,  short, fat bald guys become super human giants etc. . . .  that is all because of the anonymity, generally speaking . .  so that is part of why I ask . . . would you carry on like this is your were NOT anonymous?again, I am trying to put this all behind us . . 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Outside of the superior ass-kissing, any ideas what his specialty could be?  This guy displays some serious flaws on this site, and I'm not even talking about the dorky/cheesy stuff.  Lacks self-awareness, completely delusional, etc..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

so the "personal info" I posted according to you is "vincent" instead of "vince" and "III" instead of "3" ...... bwahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha

^^^^ deflectionanyone capable of reading at a 3rd grade elvel can see right through that post Olaf 

anyone capable of reading at a 3rd grade level gets that vince = vincent and 3 = IIIthey also know you've lied about this nonsense for over a year now.want "it" to end, then drop it.  simple

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Outside of the superior ass-kissing, any ideas what his specialty could be?  This guy displays some serious flaws on this site, and I'm not even talking about the dorky/cheesy stuff.  Lacks self-awareness, completely delusional, etc..

Buggsy the 3,535th  (that is what Olaf calls you) . .  . . would you post as you do if you were NOT anonymous?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Olaf, one reason I ask about the "anonymity" is because people act differently when they think they are anonymous  . . .

you're probably right, you would have never called people pussies, ignorant m'fers, or threatened to kick their ass and then none of "this" would have occurred.  Not to mention all the blatant lies and misrepresentations in the gun discussion threads

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

still responding though, obviously not too interested in “putting it behind us” or “ending this”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

^^^^ deflectionanyone capable of reading at a 3rd grade elvel can see right through that post Olaf 

anyone capable of reading at a 3rd grade level gets that vince = vincent and 3 = IIIthey also know you've lied about this nonsense for over a year now.want "it" to end, then drop it.  simple

funny for you to say I have lied when I just proved you lied and you've been lying publicly while admitting it to meanyway, I am giving you a way to drop it and you have refused -- multiple requests -- . .  and continue the nonsense "anonymously"that's okay though, my point is to bring it to an end, not to make you do anything.  I just thought I would give you an open opportunity to work it out with me.. It failed it seems, but it was worth the effort

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Olaf, one reason I ask about the "anonymity" is because people act differently when they think they are anonymous  . . .

you're probably right, you would have never called people pussies, ignorant m'fers, or threatened to kick their ass and then none of "this" would have occurred.  Not to mention all the blatant lies and misrepresentations in the gun discussion threads

Olaf, I have offered to meet you in person and I would say those things to you in person, if justified, just as I would say "I am sorry," if justified.  It takes two. my identify is known, you . .  well . . .  you will not even answer a question about your "anonymity."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Funny thing Olaf, is I would not be surprised is we had more in common then we do things that divide us. I a a regular attendee at the G2Gs . . .  my guess is you will not be there . . .  but, we will see

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No you didn’t, you said I posted personal info in a way that makes it look like I was giving out addresses, phone numbers, full names, etc.    There’s a big difference between that stuff and posting “vincent” instead of “vince” or “III” instead of “3”. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No you didn't, you said I posted personal info in a way that makes it look like I was giving out addresses, phone numbers, full names, etc.    There's a big difference between that stuff and posting "vincent" instead of "vince" or "III" instead of "3".

lol, not true . . . post our pm . . .  here's your chance to prove me wrong. just post the whole thing because I will.Its not posting a number or a Roman numeral . .  its that you understood the difference . .  and what it took and why you came by that knowledge. as I said, you assured me you meant me and my family no harm, and I appreciate that, but that rings a little hollow when you lie about it out here and continue the nonsense EVEN IN THE FACE OF mY ASKING YOU YO STOP"anonymity"this shouldve ended by now

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Olaf, I have offered to meet you in person and I would say those things to you in person, if justified,

I doubt you would, but if you did you'd get the same response as you've gotten here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No you didn't, you said I posted personal info in a way that makes it look like I was giving out addresses, phone numbers, full names, etc.    There's a big difference between that stuff and posting "vincent" instead of "vince" or "III" instead of "3".

its that you understood the difference . .  this shouldve ended by now

What I understood or didn't understand is irrelevant to what I posted.    I didn't post anymore "personal info" than you posted in your user name.  I stated that over and over again yet you have continued to lie on these boards.You want it to end then stop responding and stop bringing "it" up.  But you won't because you can't

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“my only goal is to make this all come to a good end, to move past the nonsense.” You are a liar. Everyone knows you are a liar. Your goal is to drag this out as long as possible, even though it ended a long time ago for everyone else. You lost. And that's the main problem here. You lost, and you can't admit it. Yeah, you're one of those jackholes. You lost, you can't admit it, so you just go on pretending there's a debate to be had. But there isn't. It's over. You lost. Worst part, you lost because you didn't understand the question. Firearms allow an individual to do two things - mount a more effective offense, and mount a more effective defense. This part was a given, no one is contesting it. Your goal is to reduce the ability of certain individuals to mount a more effective offense. No one is opposing that goal either, only the proposed method of achievement. You believe that everyone should be willing to abandon their rights in order to achieve that goal. That stance is not supported by the majority of rational people, it never is. In addition to giving up the right to mount a more effective offense, you want everyone to give up their defense, too. Turn ourselves over to the government as our benevolent protector. And with that poorly thought out plan, you've lost the support of all but the far left bigger government is better government crowd. You lost. The vast majority disagree with you. You failed to present sufficient evidence to support your point. In fact, you don't even present evidence that supports the benefits of everyone giving up their rights. Instead, you continuously present evidence that shows having firearms enables an individual to mount a more effective offense. The part of the equation that was a given, the part that no one was contesting to begin with - this is what you keep presenting evidence to support. It's not working, little man. You lost. The fact that you're not man enough to admit it doesn't change anything, it only confirms the common view of you; beady eyed little rodent, unable to admit that he lost. Now run along and gather more anecdotal evidence in support of a point no one is contesting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

its that you understood the difference . .  this shouldve ended by now

What I understood or didn't understand is irrelevant to what I posted.   

lol, of course it is TO YOU . .  . lmao . .  . .you are the only one who cares about what you posted, I care about what you did . .  and what you have been lying about . .  but its okay, you dont want to resolve  things EXCEPT on your  EVOLVING terms. 

3.  You want to end "this".  There are a few ways, you can apologize for the original b$ that started "this", you can apologize for lying continually about me stalking you, threatening you, and posting your personal info.  Or you could just stop posting the gun nonsense.  It's run its course and obviously the only reason you post it is to instigate "this".

You want it to end then stop responding and stop bringing "it" up. 

"anonymity"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, you're one of those jackholes. You lost, you can't admit it, so you just go on pretending there's a debate to be had. But there isn't. It's over. You lost.

wait, are you still upset at yourself for posting that more guns equals more gun violence when you had been arguing the opposite for months?(Illuminator, there is no "debate" to win or lose, there's just evidence for people to view as they see fit given their pre-determined point of view. Strange that you don't understand that.)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Re-read my previous post as many times as you need to. Try to find a single person who disagrees.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Re-read my previous post as many times as you need to. Try to find a single person who disagrees.

yawn ........................................ again, if its important to you, if if gives you confidence, to create this illusion that somehow you are "right" . . . have at it . . . some might wonder why that would be important to you if you were actually right, but leave that to them  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why does the good counselor believe anybody here would want to meet him in person?  It’s abundantly obvious, to anybody with a clue, that nobody here wants to meet a dorky, maniacal liar.  And he doesn’t know jack shizz about football, so what’s the positive side of this?  Getting to see a DUI in person?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why does the good counselor believe anybody here would want to meet him in person?  It's abundantly obvious, to anybody with a clue, that nobody here wants to meet a dorky, maniacal liar.  And he doesn't know jack shizz about football, so what's the positive side of this?  Getting to see a DUI in person?

Buggsy, as usual . .  thought and logic pass you buy.  The point is NOT that I want to meet any of you in person, its that none of you -- you included -- would post what you do on here without your "anonymity."  Its your desire to NOT admit that point that leads you to ignoring my simple question about anonymity 3 or 4 times in favor of the nonsense in bold above. . . .  just as example, I doubt you would say that stuff in front of family, or while conducting business . . .its just because you think you are anonymous, right?(Buggsy will ignore this again . .  because its true . and the truth hurts . . .  not because its from a "dorky, maniacal liar" -- lol)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why does the good counselor believe anybody here would want to meet him in person?  It's abundantly obvious, to anybody with a clue, that nobody here wants to meet a dorky, maniacal liar.  And he doesn't know jack shizz about football, so what's the positive side of this?  Getting to see a DUI in person?

Game. Set. Match.lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

V) “I just want to resolve this”O) "Then just drop it"V) "How can we resolve this?"O) "By dropping it.V) "Can we please resolve this"?O) "Sure, drop it"V) "I'd bet you wouldn't say that in person?"O) Wouldn't need to if you'd just drop it.Over and over and over again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Durango is lonely

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good to see vinnie has put this behind him

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good to see vinnie has put this behind him

in more ways than you know  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#stalker

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#stalker

"anonymity"lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You need to find some direction in your life, give yourself a new outlook, a purpose. Something that’s not so taxing on your mental and emotional well being. You can’t spend all day and half the damn night on a message board. Try something different, if possible, spend more time w/ your kid(s). This whole lawyer thing is obviously not working out for you, find something that you have a passion for,  get off the bottle, stop drinking. You’ve already done enough damage because of your alcoholism. You’re carrying around a lot of hostility, it’s time to feel good about yourself. Get a divorce, lose some weight, seek out counseling, rehabilitation. If need be, check yourself into a facility where you can get round the clock treatment. Stop blaming Olaf and everyone else for your troubles, rid yourself  of this obsession of needing validation and attention from complete strangers. Find an new hobby. For God sakes man, be accountable for your own actions. You are, and unless you get a grip of yourself, will always be, your own worst enemy. You’re going to crash and burn and it’s more likely to happen sooner rather than later.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You need to find some direction in your life, give yourself a new outlook, a purpose. Something that's not so taxing on your mental and emotional well being. You can't spend all day and half the damn night on a message board. Try something different, if possible, spend more time w/ your kid(s). This whole lawyer thing is obviously not working out for you, find something that you have a passion for,  get off the bottle, stop drinking. You've already done enough damage because of your alcoholism. You're carrying around a lot of hostility, it's time to feel good about yourself. Get a divorce, lose some weight, seek out counseling, rehabilitation. If need be, check yourself into a facility where you can get round the clock treatment. Stop blaming Olaf and everyone else for your troubles, rid yourself  of this obsession of needing validation and attention from complete strangers. Find an new hobby. For God sakes man, be accountable for your own actions. You are, and unless you get a grip of yourself, will always be, your own worst enemy. You're going to crash and burn and it's more likely to happen sooner rather than later.

lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea, Vin. Take up a cause.http://www.911truth.org/category/get_involved/

Please wait…

Viewing 85 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.