Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 28 reply threads

• Author

• mgchat76

Participant

I’m sure many on here have already read/heard this, but Dungy loves him some Hawaiian.  He does have an interesting perspective considering his son played there.  He could definitely see things that we’re not privy to, like his practice habits, film study, or leadership in the locker room.  Makes me think the Bucs are going after Mariota whether they own #1 or not.  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000444317/article/marcus-mariota-compared-to-aaron-rodgers-by-tony-dungy

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is this anything like that Detroit parking lot thing?

• Anonymous

Inactive

#1 Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon  The Buccaneers don't have to trade up this time. I know for a fact that Tampa is more than willing to move up for a quarterback, but that's not necessary now that the Buccaneers are projected to have the first-overall pick. http://walterfootball.com/draft2015.phpI find the bolded portion to be pretty enlightening

• Anonymous

Inactive

Charlie has his sources with this team.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we have the first pick Mariota is who I’m betting on for the Bucs to draft.  I might actually prefer Winston but the signs are starting to point toward the duck.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well maybe Dungy can knock some sense into Lovie & Licht and tank already.

• Anonymous

Inactive

#1 Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon  The Buccaneers don't have to trade up this time. I know for a fact that Tampa is more than willing to move up for a quarterback, but that's not necessary now that the Buccaneers are projected to have the first-overall pick. http://walterfootball.com/draft2015.phpI find the bolded portion to be pretty enlightening

As do I. Makes sense though since Charlie does have his sources on the team.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well maybe Dungy can knock some sense into Lovie & Licht and tank already.

That is the hope!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Last year, from Walter:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&MThe Tampa Bay owners want Johnny Manziel. Reports on our NFL Draft Rumors page say that there is definite interest between Manziel and the Buccaneers.

• Anonymous

Inactive

is that from Charlie or Walter?  Charlie knew about Freeman’s issue well beforehand.

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://walterfootball.com/Prospect/1162it was Walter.  although he does say Evans is the most realistic pick for the Bucs.  Looks like CC had him going to the Browns.

• Anonymous

Inactive

There’s no doubt we’re going QB and it looks like Mariota is the guy. FINE BY ME! I think Tony was just trying help his buddy Lovie out and calm the fan base down by hyping Mariota. There is light at the end of this tunnel boys…..in due time.

• Anonymous

Inactive

MARIOTA!!!MARIOTA!!!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Walter has made "I know for a fact" statements about the bucs the last two years and he's been wrong so I don't find it that enlightening. I highly doubt the bucs would have traded up to get one of these QBs. Especially when the weakness on oline stands out more than anything on the team. Dline and oline not nearly strong enough to make that kind of trade.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Walter has made "I know for a fact" statements about the bucs the last two years and he's been wrong so I don't find it that enlightening. I highly doubt the bucs would have traded up to get one of these QBs. Especially when the weakness on oline stands out more than anything on the team. Dline and oline not nearly strong enough to make that kind of trade.

I'll give em credit for calling the Freeman mess long beforehand.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe he used to bump into Freeman in Orlando when he used to stop by as a guest on Jeff Faine's radio show at Frank-N-Steins. I never understood why Josh would leave a dash of baking soda in the stall's sink.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dungy also “gushed” over JFF.  I like Mariota and wish him the best.  I really think he might* become something special under ideally suited circumstances, but that won’t happen here in Tampa…if he comes here we not only set ourselves back 5+ years but we also ruin any chance he has to be successful.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Licht/Lovie have been nothing if not aggressive going after players. Now they have also been nothing if not poor judges of talent thus far, a scarey combination, but I expect us to make a strong push to get to #1 if we don't end up on there on our own, which i do think will happen.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s not assured the Bucs will get the first pick losing out.The SOS is going to get very tight between the Bucs and Titans next week because the Bucs are playing a 10-win team and the Titans are playing a 2-win team. So the Titans may make up considerable ground.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dungy also "gushed" over JFF.  I like Mariota and wish him the best.  I really think he might* become something special under ideally suited circumstances, but that won't happen here in Tampa...if he comes here we not only set ourselves back 5+ years but we also ruin any chance he has to be successful.

Well JFF was doing good till he decided that partying and doing drugs was more worthwhile.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its true he is like Rodgers , only faster.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t see Dungy as objective on this issue and take any of his comments with a grain of salt.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its true he is like Rodgers , only faster.

i hope he has the balls to step up and throw from the pocket. testicular fortitude is not something that can be taught and we got very little samples of him doing that in college. i love the way the kid carries himself and seems like a very hard worker so I would rather take a chance on him than winston.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea but a lot of people including myself were warning about that Freeman mess, but nobody took them that seriously because they were just message board posters. He did seem to know because of sure-fire connections i suppose.

• gthrun

Participant

All of the inside sources and leaked information last year had us all buying the “speed in space” concept and thinking we would select Johnny Manziel in the 2014 NFL Draft. Lovie Smith and Jason Licht proved last year that they are masters of spreading misinformation, and their roster decisions are completely unpredictable. I am sure this Charlie fellow believes what he is saying, but that does not make it true. I for one will not be believing anything I hear this time around. We will know their true intentions when they make their pick on draft day, and not a moment before.

• Anonymous

Inactive

wait wait wait wait wait waitWhy does Tony Dungy's opinion on who makes a good NFL QB mean anything?

• Anonymous

Inactive

He did coach one of the best of all time, so maybe he recognizes what makes a QB good?

• Anonymous

Inactive

He did coach one of the best of all time, so maybe he recognizes what makes a QB good?

He got stuck with Dilfer, but how do you explain Shaun King?

• Anonymous

Inactive

What’s there to explain? King was a second round QB that never became a very good QB. That’s not really relevant to my point, though. After Dungy left Tampa Bay, he spent seven years working with one of the best ever. He’s a smart man and very good football coach, why is it unreasonable to think being around Manning helped Dungy learn more about the position?

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.