Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 72 reply threads

• Author

• Skull and Bones

Participant

How the teams vying for the first pick in the draft, including Tampa, gotta be lovin Mariota.  Says what a wonderful guy he is and how he knows him well….had a huge grin on his face.  Aren’t Tony and Lovie friends?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I saw that too. Honestly, can either Winston or Mariota do any worse than what the BUCs have behind center currently??

• Anonymous

Inactive

I saw that too. Honestly, can either Winston or Mariota do any worse than what the BUCs have behind center currently??

Probably not, but the real question is, are they worth the #1 pick of the draft?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fir those that don’t know, one of Tony’s sons plays for Oregon.  So he probably does know him well.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota is the number one rated baby sitter in his class.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I do not want another Dungy/Lovie kiss ass nice guy. Sick of fielding a soft team. Marriota is soft.

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s such a BS claim. So you want Winston only because he has a rape allegation, shop lifted, and other behavioral issues? That’s genius.

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's such a BS claim. So you want Winston only because he has a rape allegation, shop lifted, and other behavioral issues? That's genius.

No, I want Winston because he has never lost a football game at the collegiate level, has on-field leadership abilities that we severely lack, has proven he can take a beating and bounce back, and he’ll get in your face if you try and chirp him. We need some of that toughness because right now the team is softer than baby poop.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I do not want another Dungy/Lovie kiss ass nice guy. Sick of fielding a soft team. Marriota is soft.

Yeah nice guy qbs are the worst. Russell Wilson will never win a SB.

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah nice guy qbs are the worst. Russell Wilson will never win a SB.

Russell Wilson has admitted that he was a bully growing up.Let me know when we get guys like Marshawn, Sherman, Bennett, Chancellor, Thomas, Browner on the team that sweat toughness.Right now our team is soft and putting a soft QB into that formula isn't going to get us anywhere. Throw in the fact that we're counting Lovie freaking Smith bringing in an offense that's tailored to a very unique prospect's game and I honestly don't see how anyone here wants Marcus. Kid goes somewhere where the coach isn't living in the 70s and he could be great.Lovie will ruin him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's such a BS claim. So you want Winston only because he has a rape allegation, shop lifted, and other behavioral issues? That's genius.

No, I want Winston because he has never lost a football game at the collegiate level, has on-field leadership abilities that we severely lack, has proven he can take a beating and bounce back, and he'll get in your face if you try and chirp him. We need some of that toughness because right now the team is softer than baby poop.

24 TDs to 17 ints against a very soft schedule.  Are you willing to bet $100 that FSU will repeat as champs? 

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, I want Winston because he has never lost a football game at the collegiate level, has on-field leadership abilities that we severely lack, has proven he can take a beating and bounce back, and he'll get in your face if you try and chirp him. We need some of that toughness because right now the team is softer than baby poop.

24 TDs to 17 ints against a very soft schedule.  Are you willing to bet $100 that FSU will repeat as champs?

Nah, Saban and Kiffin aren’t going to lose

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seems like only 9 months ago, Herm Edwards said the Bucs were Super Bowl bound…

• Anonymous

Inactive

stats are like bikinisthey show you some things but definitely not everythingyou can point to Oregon's offensive scheme as a reason Mariota's number are so good. you need to look a little harder than that

• GARCIAFAN

Participant

Mariota is the number one rated baby sitter in his class.

Dude, right in the middle of the punch bowl? Nobody's touchin' that.

• Anonymous

Inactive

did you want Manziel too?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wouldn’t have minded. Jameis is also 6’4, 230 with all of the NFL measurables you could ever want so I don’t really see the comparison

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wouldn't have minded. Jameis is also 6'4, 230 with all of the NFL measurables you could ever want so I don't really see the comparison

and Tebow too right?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wouldn't have minded. Jameis is also 6'4, 230 with all of the NFL measurables you could ever want so I don't really see the comparison

and Tebow too right?

1) guy had more playoff victories in his one season as a starter that we have since the super Bowl2) Also keep ignoring that Jameis is an out of this world talent

• Marcia

Participant

Passing on Winston will prove to be as big a mistake as any franchise has made in a long time.  Being clutch, while not quantifiable, is what Winston has that very few have coming into the pros.  Go watch Mariota highlights - most of them include him tucking and running.  Won't work in the league.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can’t we all agree that either one would be an upgrade over what we have currently?

• Anonymous

Inactive

and Tebow too right?

1) guy had more playoff victories in his one season as a starter that we have since the super Bowl2) Also keep ignoring that Jameis is an out of this world talent

never ignored that Winston is a great talent. I'm just pointing out your horrible opinions on why you want certain QBs.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can't we all agree that either one would be an upgrade over what we have currently?

some of us can. some cant

• Anonymous

Inactive

and Tebow too right?

never ignored that Winston is a great talent. I'm just pointing out your horrible opinions on why you want certain QBs.

When all things are considered even, intangibles come into play.I think Winston is a much better talent for the NFL. His demeanor is also more appealing. Don't see what's hard to see about that.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can't we all agree that either one would be an upgrade over what we have currently?

Hate to put you on the spot, Dex, but I'm going to use you as a perfect example. You see that either one would be an upgrade. Now, I know you're an FSU fan, so there's obviously some bias. But, you don't go to the ridiculous levels like 10lbrodsmoker, RuNole, or the OryBuc guy. Essentially making shlt up to talk up your favorite. You seem to have a pretty good handle on both prospects while leaving out your bias for the most part. But most importantly, you see the biggest need for this team.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dungy is a smart dude.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota has  trouble making an NFL pass. He’s  weak.

• Marcia

Participant

Hate to put you on the spot, Dex, but I'm going to use you as a perfect example. You see that either one would be an upgrade. Now, I know you're an FSU fan, so there's obviously some bias. But, you don't go to the ridiculous levels like mymom, RuNole, or the OryBuc guy. Essentially making shlt up to talk up your favorite. You seem to have a pretty good handle on both prospects while leaving out your bias for the most part. But most importantly, you see the biggest need for this team.

When evaluating QBs I have one simple rule.  Run first QB's should not be drafted in the first round in the NFL. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hate to put you on the spot, Dex, but I'm going to use you as a perfect example. You see that either one would be an upgrade. Now, I know you're an FSU fan, so there's obviously some bias. But, you don't go to the ridiculous levels like 10lbrodsmoker, RuNole, or the OryBuc guy. Essentially making shlt up to talk up your favorite. You seem to have a pretty good handle on both prospects while leaving out your bias for the most part. But most importantly, you see the biggest need for this team.

I can be unbiased because its the draft and at the end of the day I want this team to get better, no matter who we take. I will generally pull for an FSU guy more than an equivalent player from another team because im infinitely more familiar with that player because ive watched every snap they've played for 3-4 years so I know what im getting and they aren't a mystery to methat being said the name of the game is making the Bucs better and you have to take the best playerI prefer Winston because I think hes more ready and I like his onfield leadership and fire more than Mariota. I'm also fine with Mariota though because hes a very good player who I think can be successful if he puts in the time and work and we get an OC that understands how to best use his skillsetboth players have concerns and both players have positives. at the end of the day we need a QB upgrade and both of these guys would be giant steps forward for the team

• Anonymous

Inactive

My whole point of this thread wasn’t to debate who is better.  Just pointing something out that had not occurred to me before.  Dungy having Lovie’s ear about Mariota.  Sure it’s just one voice but I wouldn’t downplay it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You can’t say the words “Mariota” or “Winston” without having the circle jerk on their way to argue about who sucks more.

• Anonymous

Inactive

And I can see Derrick Brooks lobbying for Winston.  Tony’s opinion might carry more weight with Lovie however.

• Marcia

Participant

And I can see Derrick Brooks lobbying for Winston.  Tony's opinion might carry more weight with Lovie however.

Didn't matter last year when Dungy said, if you are interested in winning football, you draft Manziel.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dungy wanted to boost up Michael Vick.

• Anonymous

Inactive