Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• Mic

Participant

If he wants to be a practice squad qb here

• Biggs3535

Participant

He’s an idiot on and off of the field. No thanks.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Another great Ohio State QB!

• Natural Selection

Participant

Does he want to put in the constant focus and work it takes to become and stay a successful NFL starting QB? The evidence indicates strongly against that, but focus and desire can change. His unquestionable talent is still obvious, as are his glaring weaknesses. He plays the position poorly. He processes vital information poorly/slowly. Sees the field poorly. Likely because he doesn’t have a masterful understanding of his offense, or defenses in general. Probably because he doesn’t focus on those things intensely in his “free time” the way many professionals live the game.

I have to assume he’s going to clear waivers. I wouldn’t be against bringing him in as a developmental QB going into camp in 21. He’s either going to humble himself and work like a pro, or he’ll be out of the league quickly. There should be a few young QBs with talent flopping out of the team that drafted them. Whether we bring in Haskins, someone else, or draft one we like, I don’t have a strong preference. Just that we go into 21 with a younger developmental QB. Griffen either needs to graduate to backup or head on down the road.

• Lord Nemesis

Participant

No thanks. Gives me Johnny Manziel, Jamarcus Russell vibes. He doesn’t have elite talent anyway to be worth the flyer.

• Mic

Participant

Big arm big guy can take the hits necessary in Arians offense. Same guy that beat out burrow at OSU If I’m comparing him, I’m comparing him to Alex smith, that isn’t a good offense in general, no weapons or run game. One of those guys I think Arians can get through to. Shouldn’t take pics at a strip club though lol

• dalbuc

Participant

Knucklehead on and off the field, pass.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

I’d take a flyer on him, but only a flyer. Offer him a camp friendly deal.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Another example of a good college qb turned bad in the pros.

• Greattimes

Participant

Art Schlichter disease.

• Greattimes

Participant

The OSU QB who had the most successful NFL career was Tom Tupa, as a punter.

• Richie Cartman

Participant

I’ll pass and draft a QB next year.

• Bucman

Participant

No way. Hes not worth even a PS spot. He clearly doesn’t wanna work for anything. Hes been benched several times for bad QBs.

• seekpar

Participant

Hard pass. NO. He needs to go to a more needy team.

• BeachBumBuc

Participant

Hard pass. Guy is an off field problem. Tampa has countless strip clubs near bucs facility. What could go wrong? Seriously guys we just got rid of a guy who was an off field issue. You can’t seriously want to bring another in here?!

• Greattimes

Participant

Haskins cleared waivers today. No one wants him on his present contract. With only 5 days left in the regular season schedule, I don’t see how he could help any team. I think his NFL career is over.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.