Viewing 4 reply threads

• Author

• Zach Shapiro

Keymaster

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or… another way to look at it would be, Lovie’s defense is so easy to figure out and exploit, that Ken Wisenhunt was able to use a rookie to take it apart.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or... another way to look at it would be, Lovie's defense is so easy to figure out and exploit, that Ken Wisenhunt was able to use a rookie to take it apart.

Remember when mr Anderson came to town and beat the holy bajessus out of the bucs?Good times..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie got outcoached period. Wisenhunt took him to school and flat out ran him out the stadium. And the crazy part is, the Titans didn’t even run anything complicated. On the first TD play, Wisenhunt called the right play KNOWING we’re going to blitz Kwon from the middle. On the TD to Harry Douglas, it was a pick play because he KNEW we were playing man coverage in the red zone. Hey Lovie, its called disguising your defense. The other 2 TD's were simply passes given up by the players. But again, I expected better from Lovie Smith that was a joke of a game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie got outcoached period. Wisenhunt took him to school and flat out ran him out the stadium. And the crazy part is, the Titans didn't even run anything complicated. On the first TD play, Wisenhunt called the right play KNOWING we're going to blitz Kwon from the middle. On the TD to Harry Douglas, it was a pick play because he KNEW we were playing man coverage in the red zone. Hey Lovie, its called disguising your defense. The other 2 TD's were simply passes given up by the players. But again, I expected better from Lovie Smith that was a joke of a game.

Kwon didn't blitz on the first TD.  He and David both bit hard on the play fake.  That is why the middle of the field is open.  People want to criticize the defense, but execution matters.  when we give up a long run, it isn't because we called the wrong defense, it is because someone missed their gap.  On the downs we are playing Tampa 2, these long TDs are the fault of the players, not the coaches.  That being said, we did run a lot of man to man, single high safety in the first half.  To me, in those situations, any breakdowns in coverage are even more the fault of the players.  Alterraun Verner on the 4th TD play just did a terrible job trying to stay with his man.  I was at the game, but recorded it.  Going to rewatch today.  I won't be able to see everything b/c it isn't all 22, but I am pretty sure on these big plays the Bucs simply got out-executed.  Easy to say the coach is to blame, but especially in the first half, I think part of the problem was the team was just too hyped up and too aggressive.  Kwon bit on so many play fakes I had to double check that Dane Flecher wasn't in there.Everyone is freaking out.  And I am upset too...I am an out of state season ticket holder.  Going to games is expensive when you factor tickets, travel, hotel, etc.  Was not happy to see the team get rolled.  But if the team converts that fourth down when it was 21-7, probably a different game.  Instead, had to trot out a wiped out defense who is thinking they have to "make some plays" to get back in the game.  Players need to relax and let the game come to them.  If players are where they are supposed to be on a lot of those plays, especially over the middle, it is a 5-8 yard gain, and you live to fight another day.  You have a rookie MLB, and some other new pieces, and the team gave up some big plays.  As for Winston, he played like a rookie.  That being said, I think Mariota's performance was more of an outlier than Winston's.  He also got some lucky breaks.  Kwon dropped a pick 6.  His fumble that resulted in a safety or TD was whistled dead.  The difference between good and bad in the NFL is a lot closer than most of us think.  We put out a F-minus effort, but I think it is wrong to write off the entire season.  Team was too hyped up, made some mistakes, and it snowballed.  Had a chance to get back in it and had some bad calls go against us.  Lovie is right, it is one week.  Not the result anyone wanted, but have to move on.  Next week or the week after and we could be in first place in the NFCS. 

Please wait…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.