Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 189 reply threads

• Author

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

In the minds of Buc fans, it is natural to also have an interest in Mariota. This link is presented not to fuel comparisons, but just to satisfy natural curiosity.Link:  http://www.endzonescore.com/tennessee-titans-training-camp-impressions-day-two/22552

Please wait…

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I still think he might have been the better choice (although, i do like both on the field).Still, he isnt a buc and we cannot go back, eff him.

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

Who’s Oline is better???

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That Amari Cooper vine though. Sweet baby Jesus.

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

Also, I hear all these reports that MM is having such a good camp. Wonder if the Titans are even blitzing him this early in camp. Seems to me that Lovie is turning the D loose on Winston and throwing everything at him.Plus, most of MM camp highlights are short stuff as expected, Winston is pushing it down field and all over the field as expected.MM getting sheltered a bit imo

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

Saw that, that man is beast.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Saw that, that man is beast.

He was arguably the most talented player in the draft imo. Regarding Marcus, I'd like to check out the Titans boards to see if he is being blitzed, but if given time to work the kid could be excellent. I don't believe in running QB's over time though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Also, I hear all these reports that MM is having such a good camp. Wonder if the Titans are even blitzing him this early in camp. Seems to me that Lovie is turning the D loose on Winston and throwing everything at him.Plus, most of MM camp highlights are short stuff as expected, Winston is pushing it down field and all over the field as expected.MM getting sheltered a bit imo

Could be.Different coaches, different systems, contract signed later, etc.Idgaf what he does, because he's not a buc, but he is obviously going to be viewed as "the one who got away," should he ball. It also will attach itself to what the fans feel about lovie and chowderhead. Jameis does sh1tty, marcus does well = lovie finding a new basement again.THAT is the only thing interesting from the outcome of marcus, imo.

Please wait…

• sunjem2626

Participant

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Day-4-Training-Camp-Observations/87440a36-fc33-4352-8333-afd7d27757d6http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2015/8/3/9093309/titans-training-camp-recap-8-3-marcus-mariota-good-again-- Staying Sharp: Quarterback Marcus Mariota completed his first four passes of the night and once again played mistake-free football. He hasn’t thrown an interception in his first four practices, and hasn’t really come close. Mariota connected with receiver Harry Douglas on a beauty of a pass early, and he continues to develop his connection with receiver Kendall Wright. Mariota and Wright have hooked up on a ton of quick-hit passes over the first week of camp. In one drill near the goal line, Mariota hit Douglas and Wright for touchdowns, although the defense claimed receiver Justin Hunter was guilty of an illegal pick on the throw to Wright. Tight end Delanie Walker went up high and hauled in a pass from Mariota late in practice, and it qualified as the catch of the night.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mccown (both of them), deburg, simms, freeman, and even glennon looked great in practice at one point or another. And thats just the bucs im talking about.Within the rest of the nfl, i can name a LOT of qbs who looked great in preseason, who ended up being a lot of nothing. Fitzpatrick, weeden, hoyer, campbell, jRussell, clausen, and even sanchez, just for a start.I expect "bumps and "bruises" along the course of his career, at least the first portion of it. To say everything is going absolutely perfect for him right now, isnt exactly doing him any favors. He's going to get shellshocked if they dont prepare him right.How great would it be if mccoy put that fear in him for the remainder of the season? ..Braaaggging riiiights!

Please wait…

• sunjem2626

Participant

Usually the defense is ahead of the offense in the beginning of training camp.  Must mean Mariota is doing good that the offense is ahead of the defense, esp. the Titans offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Usually the defense is ahead of the offense in the beginning of training camp.  Must mean Mariota is doing good that the offense is ahead of the defense, esp. the Titans offense.

Or it could be a sign of how bad the Titans defense is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Geno Smith hasn’t thrown a pick either in practice…….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've always heard the opposite. That the offense is ahead at the beginning of camp and by the end the defense usually catches up.Regardless, I hope mariota does well in Tennessee, just not in week 1.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston >>>>>> Mariotta

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've always heard the opposite. That the offense is ahead at the beginning of camp and by the end the defense usually catches up.Regardless, I hope mariota does well in Tennessee, just not in week 1.

I'm not sure which is true, but in our case we are installing a new offense and obviously the defense is entering it;'s 2nd year in the same system.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Winston >>>>>> Mariotta

Only time will tell that. I hope that's true. As long as it doesn't turn out to be another Leaf/Manning situation where we got Leaf.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have been/am now (of course) more of a Winston guy.That said, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Bucs ended up with the Ryan Leaf of the situation. Not that I think that it will happen because I don't, but IJS, I wouldn't be surprised. It would just be the norm. lol

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

Could be.Different coaches, different systems, contract signed later, etc.Idgaf what he does, because he's not a buc, but he is obviously going to be viewed as "the one who got away," should he ball. It also will attach itself to what the fans feel about lovie and chowderhead. Jameis does sh1tty, marcus does well = lovie finding a new basement again.THAT is the only thing interesting from the outcome of marcus, imo.

True but what is most important for people to understand is that these two like every QB drafted were placed into two entirely different situations. Comparing rookie seasons will be a tough measuring stick for either guys career imo. For those making the comparison to Leaf/Manning couldn't be farther from from the reality of these two young QBs. No matter what the media says, neither of them will have the potential for Leaf like bust. Jameis and Mariota are both head and shoulders over Leaf as a QB. Sure the media loves to hype this, along with higher potential, most ready, blah blah and the fans run with it. What's important to point out is guys like Leaf and Jamarcus Russel had substance issues, work ethic issues, and imo they were one trick pony QBs without a well rounded back of tools, especially Jamarcus who was all arm strength, that's it! Neither of these guys have any of those problems.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s a bit silly to have this discussion right now. Most teams are still a few weeks away from getting out of their install period, so everything stays vanilla in terms of looks either QB will see from the defense. Maybe 5% of the teams have had a padded practice so far, and of course, all the coaches and players say everyone looks “great” during training camp. I’m curious to see how “accurate” Marcus still is when he’s got two defenders blitzing the A gap, or when he has to reset his feet after avoiding pressure. Hell, I just want to see the kid take a snap from center successfully. Let's get through a few regular season games under live fire before this starts up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not to take anything away from MM but this could be more about the Flaming Thumbtack’s defense than Marcus. They were 27th (although 15th against the pass), and Mr. LeBeau is installing a new defense. I’m pretty certain there’s some confused guys out there.Remember how amazingly accurate Josh McCown was looking against Lovie's defense in TC last year?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

True but what is most important for people to understand is that these two like every QB drafted were placed into two entirely different situations. Comparing rookie seasons will be a tough measuring stick for either guys career imo. For those making the comparison to Leaf/Manning couldn't be farther from from the reality of these two young QBs. No matter what the media says, neither of them will have the potential for Leaf like bust. Jameis and Mariota are both head and shoulders over Leaf as a QB. Sure the media loves to hype this, along with higher potential, most ready, blah blah and the fans run with it. What's important to point out is guys like Leaf and Jamarcus Russel had substance issues, work ethic issues, and imo they were one trick pony QBs without a well rounded back of tools, especially Jamarcus who was all arm strength, that's it! Neither of these guys have any of those problems.

QFTThe bottom line no matter what happens this year and (I believe Mariota will struggle and Winston will have success), the true measure of each will come after their 2nd years and the success of opponents game planning for them with a years worth of film in the NFL.The biggest questions will be when? will the media begin to treat Winston's trivial off field issues in college out of Winston's actual performance on the field in their narrative, and when? will they stop making excuses when Mariota struggles to learn the NFL game?1 month?  2 months?  end of the year?  2016?  The media has a real problem with their ethics and integrity when they are wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not to take anything away from MM but this could be more about the Flaming Thumbtack's defense than Marcus. They were 27th (although 15th against the pass), and Mr. LeBeau is installing a new defense. I'm pretty certain there's some confused guys out there.Remember how amazingly accurate Josh McCown was looking against Lovie's defense in TC last year?

I wonder if Mettenberger is learning the Mariota offense or Mariota is learning a NFL offense?Does Mariota get the Cam Newton/RG3 approach or do the Titan's work at Mariota mastering a NFL style offense?JMO but I believe they try to incorporate the Oregon style offense while Mettenberger just sits twiddling his thumbs.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

For those making the comparison to Leaf/Manning couldn't be farther from from the reality of these two young QBs. No matter what the media says, neither of them will have the potential for Leaf like bust.

There's no comparison being made at this point by anyone so don't get your panties in a bunch. Merely pointing out the potential is ALWAYS there no matter what the fans or media says. A draft pick ALWAYS has the potential to be a bust. There's a 50% bust/success chance over the last decade with 1st rounders so the odds of both Winston and Mariota being good is there but so is the chance one or both will be a bust.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Happy with our guy but you go Marcus.He's not a buc but how can you not be fan of the guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For those making the comparison to Leaf/Manning couldn't be farther from from the reality of these two young QBs. No matter what the media says, neither of them will have the potential for Leaf like bust.

There's no comparison being made at this point by anyone so don't get your panties in a bunch. Merely pointing out the potential is ALWAYS there no matter what the fans or media says. A draft pick ALWAYS has the potential to be a bust. There's a 50% bust/success chance over the last decade with 1st rounders so the odds of both Winston and Mariota being good is there but so is the chance one or both will be a bust.

Anything is possible but not necessarily probable.  When it comes to predicting the future based on such limited data is really stretching it.  This whole history of 2 QB's one being successful and the other failing is being based on far too small sample size. Both Winston and Mariota have just as much chance of both being failures or both being successful.Of course based on the validity of your premise, I would say the odds of Mariota being a failure are far greater of the two due to his lack of experience in a NFL style offense. Running QB's have not fared well in the NFL, and that is supported by a far larger sample size statistically over the history of the league going back to the 1950's.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Time will tell, certainly, but my own suspicion is that while it's entirely possible that either of them could wind up busting, they won't wind up as a "Leaf like bust".  That is, due to their work ethics, I think they should they bust, it won't be quite such a spectacular crash-and-burn sort of thing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Happy with our guy but you go Marcus.He's not a buc but how can you not be fan of the guy.

I would think most football fans in general are hoping he is at least a legitimate NFL quarterback.  Read option is fun to watch imo.  As is the quarterback run game in general.  I like sprint outs and bootlegs.  Bubble screens and shovel passes.  Football is more fun to watch with a diversity of offenses.  Marcus opens the door further for those "college" offenses and "college" quarterbacks in the pro game if he is able to function adequately in an NFL pocket.  That and I've got nothing against the Titans.  Now ask me again in 2 years if Jameis doesn't turn out as good as I think he is.  I might not be quite so pleased at the thought of Marcus succeeding.  Right now, stories of his good progress do not threaten me at all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cutler hasn’t thrown a pick yet in Bears camp either…..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he tries to run too much he is going to be holding a clipboard on the sidelines.. he thinks that boy from OSU hits hard..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I still think that Marcus has the talent to be the better quarterback in the long run. I think Jameis will be very good, but I’m not sure if he’ll be elite. I think Marcus has about a 95% chance of being elite someday with Jameis having about an 80% chancce.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oof! Looks like another rough day for Jameis.More INTs. Also had seen a vid of a completed check down when he had Shepard streaking down field wide open.I know the guy is mentally tough, but he's at a whole new level in the NFL. Hope his confidence and mental toughness doesn't/isn't getting shaken.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s hard to even start doing a comparison now…Too many variables in play...the practice structure ,the weather conditions, etc.Way too early for this stuff..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Amari Cooper is going to be amazeballs

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

It’s funny the love that MM is getting even from Buc fans. Most have doubted Winston from the start so what else is new! Nobody cares to mention that Mariota is probably getting sheltered a bit and not getting attacked with blitzes from all over and mixed coverages like Winston is from Day 1. Lovie all but said before camp that they were going to make it extremely hard on Jameis. I can promise you that Tennessee is brining along Mariota in a much different manner. He is not even close to the same pocket passer as Jameis and it doesn’t take a genius to see that when he is forced to stay in the pocket his skills decrease tremendously. Wait until Mariota sees our D in week 1. We are going to pressure the shit out of him and he may never recover considering how he stops performing in big games that are close and they are down. Winston handles adversity great and will be better from these mistakes. He was never the MVP of practice at FSU but when the lights came on????

Please wait…

• sunjem2626

Participant

Not to take anything away from MM but this could be more about the Flaming Thumbtack's defense than Marcus. They were 27th (although 15th against the pass), and Mr. LeBeau is installing a new defense. I'm pretty certain there's some confused guys out there.Remember how amazingly accurate Josh McCown was looking against Lovie's defense in TC last year?

Mr. LeBeau is NOT installing a new defense.  The 3-4 was installed last year so this is the 2nd year.  LeBeau was brought on to hopefully improve on it. 

Please wait…

• sunjem2626

Participant

It's funny the love that MM is getting even from Buc fans. Most have doubted Winston from the start so what else is new! Nobody cares to mention that Mariota is probably getting sheltered a bit and not getting attacked with blitzes from all over and mixed coverages like Winston is from Day 1. Lovie all but said before camp that they were going to make it extremely hard on Jameis. I can promise you that Tennessee is brining along Mariota in a much different manner. He is not even close to the same pocket passer as Jameis and it doesn't take a genius to see that when he is forced to stay in the pocket his skills decrease tremendously. Wait until Mariota sees our D in week 1. We are going to pressure the (censored) out of him and he may never recover considering how he stops performing in big games that are close and they are down. Winston handles adversity great and will be better from these mistakes. He was never the MVP of practice at FSU but when the lights came on????

If you really believe that MM is being sheltered and not being blitzed, then you're going to be surprised in the 1st game.  LeBeau is known for blitzing!https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS/status/628589751411433472?s=09

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Macnut:  Why the Prisco tweet?  Did you read it (and his follow ups to the responses he was getting)?

Please wait…

• sunjem2626

Participant

Macnut:  Why the Prisco tweet?  Did you read it (and his follow ups to the responses he was getting)?

Yes.  Did you?  Did you read the 1st reply?  Did you read the one that asked if he saw 1st hand?Prisco always hated Mariota, just like Skip Bayless.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes.  Did you?  Did you read the 1st reply?  Did you read the one that asked if he saw 1st hand?Prisco always hated Mariota, just like Skip Bayless.

OK, so you don't like Prisco and that is why you posted a tweet of his that you do not agree with,without commenting on the tweet in your post.  Am I warming up at all? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Three days of TC and MM is the new Messiah of the NFL. Blow me. I’ll wait till he puts on a jersey the same color as the rest of his team and see how he performs, same as JW.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Three days of TC and MM is the new Messiah of the NFL. Blow me. I'll wait till he puts on a jersey the same color as the rest of his team and see how he performs, same as JW.

Pretty sure if it was Winston playing lights out and mariotta struggling, you wouldn't feel the same way

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Three days of TC and MM is the new Messiah of the NFL. Blow me. I'll wait till he puts on a jersey the same color as the rest of his team and see how he performs, same as JW.

Pretty sure if it was Winston playing lights out and mariotta struggling, you wouldn't feel the same way

Bingo

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Eff Marcus Marinara! 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

True, and Zach Mettenberger was shredding that defense in practice last year, too. As was everyone they played against. Worst overall defense in the NFL last year IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In the minds of Buc fans, it is natural to also have an interest in Mariota. This link is presented not to fuel comparisons, but just to satisfy natural curiosity.Link:  http://www.endzonescore.com/tennessee-titans-training-camp-impressions-day-two/22552

We will all see in week one who the better QB is and it's not Winston. People will be calling for Glennon by week 4. What a stupid pick by the Bucs. We had a can't miss prospect in Mariota right there for the taking and in typical idiotic Bucs fashion we choose Ryan Leaf. WTG!

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

We will all see in week one who the better QB is and it's not Winston. People will be calling for Glennon by week 4. What a stupid picks by the Bucs. We had a can't miss prospect in Mariota right there for the taking and in typical idiotic Bucs fashion we choose Ryan Leaf. WTG!

Please pass whatever your smoking this way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Remember how amazingly accurate Josh McCown was looking against Lovie’s defense in TC last year?Winston the INT machine sure isn't looking accurate. My patience will only last so long with this guy. It will be hard to tolerate all of the INT's he will be throwing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please pass whatever your smoking this way.You will be apologizing soon enough and I will be saying I told you so. It's just a matter of time.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Please pass whatever your smoking this way.

I will be apologizing soon enough and you will be saying you told me so. It's just a matter of time.Agreed!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You will be apologizing soon enough and I will be saying I told you so. It's just a matter of time.

Who is this clown?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My patience will only last so long with this guy.

When did you ever have patience for him?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I still think that Marcus has the talent to be the better quarterback in the long run. I think Jameis will be very good, but I'm not sure if he'll be elite. I think Marcus has about a 95% chance of being elite someday with Jameis having about an 80% chancce.

Both of those Pct's are probably significantly too high.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Remember how amazingly accurate Josh McCown was looking against Lovie's defense in TC last year?

Winston the INT machine sure isn't looking accurate. My patience will only last so long with this guy. It will be hard to tolerate all of the INT's he will be throwing.Why are you even here? if you arent going to support the players here then go pick another teamyou are a shining example of why our fanbase is the worst in the NFL by a huge margin. you only want to bitch and whine about the team but you wont support them.go be a fan of someone else

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So by my count so far the starting QBs that haven’t thrown a pick in practice yet are Mariota, Cutler and Geno Smith.  Good company I guess…..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston the INT machine sure isn't looking accurate. My patience will only last so long with this guy. It will be hard to tolerate all of the INT's he will be throwing.

Tolerate INTs? Seriously who even cares about INTs?JM will be in trouble when the offense doesnt score, when he doesnt throw TDs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My patience will only last so long with this guy.

When did you ever have patience for him?

If Lovie is smart, Winston will have a very short leash.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Remember how amazingly accurate Josh McCown was looking against Lovie's defense in TC last year?

Winston the INT machine sure isn't looking accurate. My patience will only last so long with this guy. It will be hard to tolerate all of the INT's he will be throwing.

Why are you even here? if you arent going to support the players here then go pick another teamyou are a shining example of why our fanbase is the worst in the NFL by a huge margin. you only want to (censored) and whine about the team but you wont support them.go be a fan of someone elseNo, you are completely wrong. I have been a die-hard and passionate fan since their inception and I still am. I am just really frustrated over the terrible decision making at OBP. IMO Winston doesn't cut it but, I do hope I am wrong and I hope he prospers. I do support him but, so far he has been exactly what I thought and that isn't good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tolerate INTs? Seriously who even cares about INTs?JM will be in trouble when the offense doesnt score, when he doesnt throw TDs.

Koetter does, he even said checkdowns and turnovers are two big ways to kill an offense.It's all fine and dandy right now because real bullets aren't flying yet (I'm hoping this turns into a HUGE teaching moment for JW). But if our defense, which was pretty poor last year, can read Winston's eyes and make Winston throw mistakes with blitzing. I sure hope Koetter and the rest of the coaches can help Winston figure it out quickly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tolerate INTs? Seriously who even cares about INTs?Is this a serious question?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Koetter does, he even said checkdowns and turnovers are two big ways to kill an offense.It's all fine and dandy right now because real bullets aren't flying yet (I'm hoping this turns into a HUGE teaching moment for JW). But if our defense, which was pretty poor last year, can read Winston's eyes and make Winston throw mistakes with blitzing. I sure hope Koetter and the rest of the coaches can help Winston figure it out quickly.

If Koetter cares about anything else but the score at the end of the game he deserves to be fired. He got hired to win games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Koetter cares about anything else but the score at the end of the game he deserves to be fired. He got hired to win games.

Can't put points on the board if your qb keeps turning the ball over.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NE put 28 points on the board despite its QB turning the ball over twice as much as the opposing QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Winston excuse machine will be at full throttle until it blows. It will be reminiscent of Josh Freeman.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mr. LeBeau is NOT installing a new defense.  The 3-4 was installed last year so this is the 2nd year.  LeBeau was brought on to hopefully improve on it.

The 3-4 is the basic defensive formation...the line play, linebacker stunts, and pass coverage maybe totally different...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NE put 28 points on the board despite its QB turning the ball over twice as much as the opposing QB.

I see that since I generalized my comment to "qb", even though we both know the context was Koetter, and subsequently Winston, you are going to throw out NE stats, well played, but if Winston and Koetter/Smith ever become as effective as Brady and McDaniels/BB, then you have a sound counterpoint.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I see that since I generalized my comment to "qb", even though we both know the context was Koetter, and subsequently Winston, you are going to throw out NE stats, well played, but if Winston and Koetter/Smith ever become as effective as Brady and McDaniels/BB, then you have a sound counterpoint.

Wilson threw twice as many INTs as his counter part in the NFCCG and still went on to the SB...with TD pass.The point is the game is atleast 60min and about 120 plays for the WHOLE team. Focusing on 2-3 plays out of 60/120 of one single players seems pretty ...naive. The bucs have to win game, instead of shaping individual stats of one single player to please the FF crowd. INTs or lets say preventing INTs does not win games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, I guess since Schiano ran a 4-3 defense than Lovie shouldn't have had any problems, right?All 3-4 defenses aren't the same. LeBeau's calls for a wide varierty of weird blitz schemes that yes, need to be taught.Also noticed that the Titans ranked near the bottom of the league in takeaways last year so again, could be the defense he's facing.Look, good for Marcus. I don't wish him any ill will. I hope he is fantastic in every game but week one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Winston excuse machine will be at full throttle until it blows. It will be reminiscent of Josh Freeman.

If you were truly a fan for life you'd be rooting FOR Winston and not AGAINST him. For if you are correct and the Bucs are wrong then we'll have another regime change and we won't sniff the post-season for another 5 years.Seems to me you want to be right more than you want the Bucs to do well. BTW, for those wringing their hands over interceptions.Brett Favre, whom Jameis reminds me of the most, had 37 touchdowns and 37 interceptions in his first two years as a starter in the NFL. In year three, he had 33 touchdowns and 14 picks.The Packers also had just one losing season in his 16 years as their quarterback.We'll be okay and so will Jameis. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In fairness, I think statements like “who cares about interceptions” are pretty silly.  I mean, I get the point.  Scoring actual touchdowns will go a long way towards making up for them.  But I don’t think it’s unreasonable to hope that Winston can keep his turnovers down.  Now as to whether or not it’s reasonable to be getting up in arms about it the first week in August of his rookie season?  That’s an entirely different story.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

If you were truly a fan for life you'd be rooting FOR Winston and not AGAINST him. For if you are correct and the Bucs are wrong then we'll have another regime change and we won't sniff the post-season for another 5 years.Seems to me you want to be right more than you want the Bucs to do well. BTW, for those wringing their hands over interceptions.Brett Favre, whom Jameis reminds me of the most, had 37 touchdowns and 37 interceptions in his first two years as a starter in the NFL. In year three, he had 33 touchdowns and 14 picks.The Packers also had just one losing season in his 16 years as their quarterback.We'll be okay and so will Jameis.

I'll do one even better. Here's the INT list for the NFL. You've got people like Brett Favre, Johnny Unitas, Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, & John Elway in the top 15 of all-time. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_career.htm

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Damn if INTs are part of what makes a good QB, we gave up on Adam Weber way too soon. His first 3 passes were INTs,  so we were definitely on to something.#Sh%t the Day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll do one even better. Here's the INT list for the NFL. You've got people like Brett Favre, Johnny Unitas, Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, & John Elway in the top 15 of all-time. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_career.htm

In fairness (and I'm totally just playing devil's advocate here), part of the reason you see those names up there is that you have to be a pretty danged good player to be given that many opportunities to throw interceptions.  The Russells and the Leafs of the world simply don't play enough snaps to make a careers cumulative stats list.  I suspect that all of your list other than Unitas (who played long enough ago that direct comparisons of stats are kind of difficult) would also do somewhere between pretty well and fantastically on a td-int ratio list.  Which just goes back to the point I think we can all agree on.  If Winston winds up throwing a Favre-like number of interceptions, they'd best be accompanied by Favre-like touchdowns.  At least in the long run.  I think most reasonable people know that there'll likely be growing pains.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can't believe that this needs to be explained to you.  Good QB's are on that list because they played in the league for a long enough time to accumulate that many INT's."Hey guys, look at all these HoF QB's that are all time leaders in INT's and incompletions!!  We need a QB that throws a lot of INT's and incompletions!"  LOL!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Threads like these are why I dont visit this board that often.  Everything in Winston's resume says he will be a turn over machine.  There is nothing that suggests he will be anything other than a high yardage, high turnover style QB.    Conclusion from many here:  More INTS leads to a list of Hall of Fame QB's. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Threads like these are why I dont visit this board that often.  Everything in Winston's resume says he will be a turn over machine.  There is nothing that suggests he will be anything other than a high yardage, high turnover style QB.    Conclusion from many here:  More INTS leads to a list of Hall of Fame QB's.

Continuing to argue for the sake of arguing, there is 2013.  Now, I'm strongly inclined to agree with you that his being a high yardage (and hopefully TD), high turnover style QB is the most likely outcome.  But I'm not sure agree that there's nothing to suggest that could be something other than a turnover machine. 

Please wait…

• sunjem2626

Participant

Well, I guess since Schiano ran a 4-3 defense than Lovie shouldn't have had any problems, right?All 3-4 defenses aren't the same. LeBeau's calls for a wide varierty of weird blitz schemes that yes, need to be taught.Also noticed that the Titans ranked near the bottom of the league in takeaways last year so again, could be the defense he's facing.Look, good for Marcus. I don't wish him any ill will. I hope he is fantastic in every game but week one.

Very well put Jason.  Here's hoping to a great game week 1!  May the better team be the victor.It's my birthday so I hope it's good for Mariota!  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hope your birthday sucks and the rest of your season is grand.  You’ve been a good sport through this whole sordid affair.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Mariota isn’t as advanced as Winston is in a pro style system so the Titans approach with Mariota is different. They’re not throwing all the different looks he’ll see just yet but he’s doing a good job of learning to play like an NFL quarterback. Most reports out of camp have him throwing with anticipation and into tight windows, unlike what he did in college.”The guy is being feed vanilla defenses...no blitzes or stunts...http://withthefirstpick.com/2015/08/05/early-impressions-of-2015-nfl-draft-picks-1-5/3/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Havok:That was good to know---thanks

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dick LeBeau’s defense doing a lot for Marcus Mariota at Titans campNASHVILLE, Tenn. -- In Week 1, Marcus Mariota will face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' straightforward cover-2 scheme.It doesn’t offer a lot of twist and turns and disguises. It seeks to be very good at doing the same things all the time.That should be an advantage for a rookie quarterback like Mariota, who won't have to sort through all sorts of adjustments, wrinkles and variations.But against his own defense in training camp, Mariota has been facing an adapting defense. Dick LeBeau’s 3-4 scheme isn’t giving Mariota the same thing twice on most plays.“I think that’s great exposure for us as an offense,” Mariota said. “It provides us versatility, allows us to see multiple looks that we will have to see during the season and really just helps us in our preparation.”Inside linebacker Avery Williamson said LeBeau, the assistant head coach/defense, doesn’t hesitate to call blitzes and that has to help a rookie quarterback trying to prepare for anything.Said tight end Delanie Walker: “We know when some things are coming, because they do a lot of things a lot. But sometimes they switch it up and we do not know what’s going on and I think that’s a good look for the offense. LeBeau gives us a lot of different things and when we go against other defenses I feel like we’ll be able to game them and know what we are doing.“With LeBeau, we’re not scouting them and they are giving us 10 different looks for every play. I think that’s healthy for our offense, and it’s a good look for our young quarterback to see so much going on. When we play a defense that just plays cover-2 or cover-3, he’s going to see that right away and know what to do.”It could overwhelm some guys, and a lot of teams with young quarterbacks have to spend time calculating how much is enough and how much is too much as they seek not to overwhelm.But Mariota came back from NFL down time ready to advance from Chapter 1 to Chapters 2 and 3 on plays, quarterbacks coach John McNulty said. The Titans aren’t really slowing anything down for a guy who’s catching on well.Said LeBeau to Jim Wyatt of the Titans' website: “Our package is extensive and from that standpoint we are showing him everything. I don’t think he is going to go into a game and say, “Jeez, I’ve never seen that before, or something like it.'”The Titans' giant addition on defense, LeBeau, is having a big early impact on their big addition on offense, Mariota.http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/173541/dick-lebeaus-defense-doing-a-lot-for-marcus-mariota-at-titans-camp

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

I can't believe that this needs to be explained to you.  Good QB's are on that list because they played in the league for a long enough time to accumulate that many INT's."Hey guys, look at all these HoF QB's that are all time leaders in INT's and incompletions!!  We need a QB that throws a lot of INT's and incompletions!"  LOL!!!

That's exactly right. As the post above you said and even you eluded too. Time in league is a huge factor. The more INT's the more TD's and other positive things. I can't believe that this needs to be explained to you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Get em Marcus

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

Marcus will have more Ints then Jameis in game 1…  So all this non sense about who is doing what to who means Jack. Marcus has always thrown majority of high percentage passes all of his college career (fact), on the other hand, Jameis throws much higher risk higher reward passes in college and I expect him to do the same with the Bucs. Ints are great for the media but they mean nothing if the QB comes back on the next 3 drives and scores. It’s all balance my friends!If you don't make mistakes how can you know what not to do?? I think Marcus will find out quickly when comes to Tampa.

Please wait…

• s.levitt17

Participant

The 3-4 is the basic defensive formation...the line play, linebacker stunts, and pass coverage maybe totally different...

it's very similar to the same defense they implemented last year. now its the second year in the system and guys should know their responsibilities better... also, new talent was brought in to fill holes. the hole on the pass D is with the #2 CB and Nickel. everyone else is fairly well respected league wide. The Mlb's are both good in pass coverage and it remains to be seen how orakpo and morgan are this year covering at OLB (though morgan was praised for it last year)the main issue with our Defense was the inability to stop the run. we were awful at it. we were ok at getting QB pressures but we had to bring the house to get it.

Please wait…

• s.levitt17

Participant

"Mariota isn’t as advanced as Winston is in a pro style system so the Titans approach with Mariota is different. They’re not throwing all the different looks he’ll see just yet but he’s doing a good job of learning to play like an NFL quarterback. Most reports out of camp have him throwing with anticipation and into tight windows, unlike what he did in college."The guy is being feed vanilla defenses...no blitzes or stunts...http://withthefirstpick.com/2015/08/05/early-impressions-of-2015-nfl-draft-picks-1-5/3/

It's funny the love that MM is getting even from Buc fans. Most have doubted Winston from the start so what else is new! Nobody cares to mention that Mariota is probably getting sheltered a bit and not getting attacked with blitzes from all over and mixed coverages like Winston is from Day 1. Lovie all but said before camp that they were going to make it extremely hard on Jameis. I can promise you that Tennessee is brining along Mariota in a much different manner. He is not even close to the same pocket passer as Jameis and it doesn't take a genius to see that when he is forced to stay in the pocket his skills decrease tremendously. Wait until Mariota sees our D in week 1. We are going to pressure the (censored) out of him and he may never recover considering how he stops performing in big games that are close and they are down. Winston handles adversity great and will be better from these mistakes. He was never the MVP of practice at FSU but when the lights came on????

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Dick-LeBeau-Has-Been-Impressed-with-Marcus-Mariota/91e54a52-b5b8-4a6c-964e-a9ac7f258f66:Straight from Dick Lebeau's mouth:“We are getting ready to play against every quarterback in the league, so he is getting everything. We are going to show him everything that he will see,” LeBeau, assistant head coach/defense, said on Wednesday. “By the time he has gone against us through this training camp and the coaching sessions, there may be a little different configurations, but basically he would have seen all the pressures and all the man (coverage) or zone.“Our package is extensive and from that standpoint we are showing him everything. I don’t think he is going to go into a game and say, “Jeez, I’ve never seen that before, or something like it.”“We are making some interceptions, I know we are not shut out, so somebody has thrown a couple,’’ LeBeau said with a smile. “Hey, I hope (Mariota) never throws a pick.”“I see some pretty quick decision making by him, which is great for his position,’’ LeBeau said of Mariota. “Once he makes a decision, it doesn’t take him long to act, and I think those will be plus things.”....so they've been calling a ton of blitzes. he's just quick and smart about getting the ball out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So Marcus is just ballin’… as usual.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Koetter’s spread offense will help to keep Winston’s INT numbers down. This is an offense designed to create mismatches and will create 1-1 opportunties. If you see Winston forcing the ball into double coverage, more than likely he made the wrong read. This offense is very QB friendly, and I think Winston is going to excel in it. In his redshirt freshman season he completed 67% of his passes with 40 TD and 10 INT, won every single game, the Heisman, and National Championship. You can't say that there is no indication he can be an efficient QB sincerely.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Mariota isn’t as advanced as Winston is in a pro style system so the Titans approach with Mariota is different. They’re not throwing all the different looks he’ll see just yet but he’s doing a good job of learning to play like an NFL quarterback. Most reports out of camp have him throwing with anticipation and into tight windows, unlike what he did in college."The guy is being feed vanilla defenses...no blitzes or stunts...http://withthefirstpick.com/2015/08/05/early-impressions-of-2015-nfl-draft-picks-1-5/3/

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Dick-LeBeau-Has-Been-Impressed-with-Marcus-Mariota/91e54a52-b5b8-4a6c-964e-a9ac7f258f66:Straight from Dick Lebeau's mouth:“We are getting ready to play against every quarterback in the league, so he is getting everything. We are going to show him everything that he will see,” LeBeau, assistant head coach/defense, said on Wednesday. “By the time he has gone against us through this training camp and the coaching sessions, there may be a little different configurations, but basically he would have seen all the pressures and all the man (coverage) or zone.“Our package is extensive and from that standpoint we are showing him everything. I don’t think he is going to go into a game and say, “Jeez, I’ve never seen that before, or something like it.”“We are making some interceptions, I know we are not shut out, so somebody has thrown a couple,’’ LeBeau said with a smile. “Hey, I hope (Mariota) never throws a pick.”“I see some pretty quick decision making by him, which is great for his position,’’ LeBeau said of Mariota. “Once he makes a decision, it doesn’t take him long to act, and I think those will be plus things.”....so they've been calling a ton of blitzes. he's just quick and smart about getting the ball out.

He could overtake Alex Smith as the top dink and dunk QB in the NFL. Sounds exciting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Aaron Rodgers has thrown five interceptions in training camp already. Using Red Board Logic, Mariota is already a better QB than Rodgers will be (who will turn out to be an interception machine).http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/320921181.htmlEDIT:Andrew Luck as well, three interceptions yesterday: http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2015/08/05/indianapolis-colts-camp-observations-defense-thrives-andrew-luck-struggles/31197665/Terrible. We should offer a 6th round pick for them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That was mostly out of your mouth....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dick LeBeau's defense doing a lot for Marcus Mariota at Titans campNASHVILLE, Tenn. -- In Week 1, Marcus Mariota will face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' straightforward cover-2 scheme.It doesn’t offer a lot of twist and turns and disguises. It seeks to be very good at doing the same things all the time.That should be an advantage for a rookie quarterback like Mariota, who won't have to sort through all sorts of adjustments, wrinkles and variations.But against his own defense in training camp, Mariota has been facing an adapting defense. Dick LeBeau’s 3-4 scheme isn’t giving Mariota the same thing twice on most plays.“I think that’s great exposure for us as an offense,” Mariota said. “It provides us versatility, allows us to see multiple looks that we will have to see during the season and really just helps us in our preparation.”Inside linebacker Avery Williamson said LeBeau, the assistant head coach/defense, doesn’t hesitate to call blitzes and that has to help a rookie quarterback trying to prepare for anything.Said tight end Delanie Walker: “We know when some things are coming, because they do a lot of things a lot. But sometimes they switch it up and we do not know what’s going on and I think that’s a good look for the offense. LeBeau gives us a lot of different things and when we go against other defenses I feel like we’ll be able to game them and know what we are doing.“With LeBeau, we’re not scouting them and they are giving us 10 different looks for every play. I think that’s healthy for our offense, and it’s a good look for our young quarterback to see so much going on. When we play a defense that just plays cover-2 or cover-3, he’s going to see that right away and know what to do.”It could overwhelm some guys, and a lot of teams with young quarterbacks have to spend time calculating how much is enough and how much is too much as they seek not to overwhelm.But Mariota came back from NFL down time ready to advance from Chapter 1 to Chapters 2 and 3 on plays, quarterbacks coach John McNulty said. The Titans aren’t really slowing anything down for a guy who’s catching on well.Said LeBeau to Jim Wyatt of the Titans' website: “Our package is extensive and from that standpoint we are showing him everything. I don’t think he is going to go into a game and say, “Jeez, I’ve never seen that before, or something like it.'”The Titans' giant addition on defense, LeBeau, is having a big early impact on their big addition on offense, Mariota.http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/173541/dick-lebeaus-defense-doing-a-lot-for-marcus-mariota-at-titans-camp

No blitzes...basic 3-4 stunts...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dick LeBeau's defense doing a lot for Marcus Mariota at Titans campNASHVILLE, Tenn. -- In Week 1, Marcus Mariota will face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' straightforward cover-2 scheme.It doesn’t offer a lot of twist and turns and disguises. It seeks to be very good at doing the same things all the time.That should be an advantage for a rookie quarterback like Mariota, who won't have to sort through all sorts of adjustments, wrinkles and variations.But against his own defense in training camp, Mariota has been facing an adapting defense. Dick LeBeau’s 3-4 scheme isn’t giving Mariota the same thing twice on most plays.“I think that’s great exposure for us as an offense,” Mariota said. “It provides us versatility, allows us to see multiple looks that we will have to see during the season and really just helps us in our preparation.”Inside linebacker Avery Williamson said LeBeau, the assistant head coach/defense, doesn’t hesitate to call blitzes and that has to help a rookie quarterback trying to prepare for anything.Said tight end Delanie Walker: “We know when some things are coming, because they do a lot of things a lot. But sometimes they switch it up and we do not know what’s going on and I think that’s a good look for the offense. LeBeau gives us a lot of different things and when we go against other defenses I feel like we’ll be able to game them and know what we are doing.“With LeBeau, we’re not scouting them and they are giving us 10 different looks for every play. I think that’s healthy for our offense, and it’s a good look for our young quarterback to see so much going on. When we play a defense that just plays cover-2 or cover-3, he’s going to see that right away and know what to do.”It could overwhelm some guys, and a lot of teams with young quarterbacks have to spend time calculating how much is enough and how much is too much as they seek not to overwhelm.But Mariota came back from NFL down time ready to advance from Chapter 1 to Chapters 2 and 3 on plays, quarterbacks coach John McNulty said. The Titans aren’t really slowing anything down for a guy who’s catching on well.Said LeBeau to Jim Wyatt of the Titans' website: “Our package is extensive and from that standpoint we are showing him everything. I don’t think he is going to go into a game and say, “Jeez, I’ve never seen that before, or something like it.'”The Titans' giant addition on defense, LeBeau, is having a big early impact on their big addition on offense, Mariota.http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/173541/dick-lebeaus-defense-doing-a-lot-for-marcus-mariota-at-titans-camp

No blitzes...basic 3-4 stunts...

OK  ::) From Titans camp:Quarterback Marcus Mariota stood in under a big and complicated blitz. He faced a front where everyone up front was in a two-point stance at the snap -- linebackers Wesley Woodyard, J.R. Tavai and Yannik Cudjoe-Virgil and defensive linemen Ropati Pitoitua and Karl Klug.Mariota kept his bearings and fired perfectly to Kendall Wright on the left sideline. Wright reached up to grab it. But he didn’t come all the way down with the ball and the officials on the sideline signaled it was incomplete.“Marcus, he’s good at throwing the ball off anticipation, when I turned my head, the ball was already there,” Wright said. “I just had to try to make a play for him without falling real hard. I had it; I just didn’t want to fall on my shoulder. It’s the same shoulder I separated a couple years ago. I just didn’t want to fall on it hard. If anything it was a fumble, not a drop. I caught it.”Said coach Ken Whisenhunt: "Great throw. That was really good. The defense was really coming after us today with the pressure. and that's really about as close of a test as you're going to get to what you'll see in a game. It was good to see him step up and make that throw."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What’s funny, is that people on this board actually think Lovie is scheming up more complicated blitz packages than mother effin Dick Lebeau…GTFOH!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What's funny, is that people on this board actually think Lovie is scheming up more complicated blitz packages than mother effin Dick Lebeau...GTFOH!

the difference is that the Titan's defense and its players arent very goodWesley Woodyard or Lavonte DavidKarl Klug or Gerald McCoyaverage at best versus elite

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What's funny, is that people on this board actually think Lovie is scheming up more complicated blitz packages than mother effin Dick Lebeau...GTFOH!

the difference is that the Titan's defense and its players arent very goodWesley Woodyard or Lavonte DavidKarl Klug or Gerald McCoyaverage at best versus elite

We have two elite players and a bunch of Jags. Tenn isn't devoid of talent on D. Jurell Casey had more sacks as a DT than Mccoy last year, mccourty is arguably better than verner (easily compared since they played together), Michael Griffin is a better safety than we have on our roster. I think people just see what they wanna see. The fact is we have 2 or 3 years proving that mariota takes better care of the ball than jameis. No need to go around making excuses up, especially when they hold no water

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nope not natural, who gives a sh##, I could care less what  he does............

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Muck Farcus!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve been a Marcus Mariota fan for longer than anyone on this board who doesn’t reside in the PacNW.  I wish the kid all the best and will watch the Titans to root for him when the Bucs arent playing.But I'm not going to go out of my way to follow him over following the Bucs.  And I'm going to put all of my support behind Jameis.  I liked Mariota because he was the QB (the best ever QB) for my favorite college team.  But college is over folks....can we please move on?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He has been stellar. A very shiny pick so far. He is still quiet. But he is LOUD on the field.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

amen  That being said....Which is more important Interceptions trying to make a big play or Ball Security?Much is being made of Winston's interceptions that resulted in a 26-1 record at FSU.So what about Mariota's penchant for putting the ball on the ground? 23 fumbles in 31 starts?http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/35274/brugler-mariota-has-23-fumbles-in-31-starts

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

amen  That being said....Which is more important Interceptions trying to make a big play or Ball Security?Much is being made of Winston's interceptions that resulted in a 26-1 record at FSU.So what about Mariota's penchant for putting the ball on the ground? 23 fumbles in 31 starts?http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/35274/brugler-mariota-has-23-fumbles-in-31-starts

Going to go out on a limb here and guess that Mariota's fumbles didn't result in the offense turning the ball over every time unlike an interception. Also going to guess that Winston's 13 fumbles didn't result in a turnover every time either. Plus, the QB is credited with the fumble on a botched center exchange. Going to guess there are a few of those in each QB's stats.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Going to go out on a limb here and guess that Mariota's fumbles didn't result in the offense turning the ball over every time unlike an interception. Also going to guess that Winston's 13 fumbles didn't result in a turnover every time either. Plus, the QB is credited with the fumble on a botched center exchange. Going to guess there are a few of those in each QB's stats.

Don't bring up that fact while Runole is trying to create a false narrative.... as usual.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So Mariota hasn’t thrown an interception after a full week of training camp? Something is askew.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So Mariota hasn't thrown an interception after a full week of training camp? To be fair reports have said the defense has dropped a few would be picks including 3 today. Something is askew.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In the words of AI........Fumbles??.....are we talking a bout fumbles????  He may fumble a lot but in practice fumbles dont matter at all, its all about Picks......what a minute...are we talking about Practice???  Practice???

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Our boy has done nothing to make us assume he won’t be every bit as great. as Marcus is being in camp. THEY CAN BOTH BE THE SAME LEVEL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't bring up that fact while Runole is trying to create a false narrative.... as usual.

false narrative?  Just the facts Winston threw too many interceptions in 2014.  Mariota fumbled too much while at Oregon.  What is false in my post?  I simply asked a question which quite obviously you lacked the intellect to answer.  ( That speaks volumes on the value of your post)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just like how many of Winston's interceptions resulted in lost ball games or were truly his fault?  How many fumbles by Mariota led to Oregon losses and how many were his fault? The key question is which is more damaging to an offense?  A fumble recovered by the opponent or interception?Do you remember Dan Marino?    If not let me explain.  An old football adage probably made long before you were born was ..."There are 3 things that can happen when you put the ball in the air and 2 of them are bad."That mantra was often parroted for years until Dan Marino started throwing bombs that actually in some ways questioned the adage as most long passes intercepted were just as good as a long punt.Winston's record in CFB was 26-1 despite those interceptions.  I again ask the question which is more damaging a fumble at the line of scrimmage or a long pass that is intercepted?  JMO but the fumble is far more damaging.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure a long bomb on 3rd down is like a punt. A short out that's a pick-6 is another story.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure a long bomb on 3rd down is like a punt. A short out that's a pick-6 is another story.

True...After a long run or pass where a fumble occurs is far less damaging than a fumble deep in one's own territory.  Fumbles most certainly can be picked up and returned for TD's. In fact I think they may have a greater chance if they occur behind the line of scrimmage.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

He has looked good from what I have seen reported. Opening day will be interesting. I hope they both start.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Congrats to Mariota on throwing his first and only training camp TD on Saturday. BTW, Winston had 5 TD in one session last week. LOL.That is something the Mariota jock sniffers have failed to mention thus far. He has 1 TD through all of TC against a terrible defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just out of curiosity, how many of Winston's interceptions last year were on deep balls? How many were thrown in underneath coverage or short/intermediate routes?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just out of curiosity, how many of Winston's interceptions last year were on deep balls? How many were thrown in underneath coverage or short/intermediate routes?

Too many and too many

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No it is not in our interest.I do not give a SH**.Nobody else should either until we play the Tennessee Midgets in week 1. Otherwise, it's just board whiners who care. Real Bucs fans do not give a crap.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IMO, as I’ve always said MM will be the better Pro QB…He has so many more Intangibles.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Congrats to Mariota on throwing his first and only training camp TD on Saturday. BTW, Winston had 5 TD in one session last week. LOL.That is something the Mariota jock sniffers have failed to mention thus far. He has 1 TD through all of TC against a terrible defense.

Wait, what?! Is this real? If so, this whole thread is suddenly hilarious.

Please wait…

• aBuc727

Participant

Wait, what?! Is this real? If so, this whole thread is suddenly hilarious.

Not real. Check Twitter and it's easy to find his TDs during camp.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Omg...you just destroyed this thread in that one post.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Early the first day of practice  Mariota threw a long pass for a touchdown.A few days later he threw 3 straight touchdown passes.I have no idea how many TD passes he has thrown in practice, nor is it of much importance, but to say he threw his first practice TD pass recently is an error.What really counts is the Bucs first regular season game.Until then, the TDs and interceptions are just fodder for some conversation with very little true importance. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea dropped a bomb of non-facts

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just like how many of Winston's interceptions resulted in lost ball games or were truly his fault?  How many fumbles by Mariota led to Oregon losses and how many were his fault? The key question is which is more damaging to an offense?  A fumble recovered by the opponent or interception?Do you remember Dan Marino?    If not let me explain.  An old football adage probably made long before you were born was ..."There are 3 things that can happen when you put the ball in the air and 2 of them are bad."That mantra was often parroted for years until Dan Marino started throwing bombs that actually in some ways questioned the adage as most long passes intercepted were just as good as a long punt.Winston's record in CFB was 26-1 despite those interceptions.  I again ask the question which is more damaging a fumble at the line of scrimmage or a long pass that is intercepted?  JMO but the fumble is far more damaging.

Which QB hurts his team more, the one that turns it over a combined 32 times over his college career or the one that turns it over a combined 24 times? The one who turned it over at least a dozen times a season or the one who turned it over at most ten times in a season? The one that turned the ball over on average once every 31 passes/runs or the one that turns the ball over on average once in every 63 passes/runs? You can spin it how you want Runole, but you can't get around the fact that the QB who turned the ball over more than the other in college was Winston. And thus far, both QBs seem to be holding true to their college tendencies when it comes to turnovers. As a fan that was concerned about Winston's interceptions last year, it's definitely not comforting to hear he's been throwing them on a semi-regular basis in training camp.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

There is a lot of insecurity in this thread. Would it be the worst thing if Mariota turns out to be great (I don't see it happening)? Winston vs Mariota is not a zero sum game. One, both or neither could be good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Which QB hurts his team more, the one that turns it over a combined 32 times over his college career or the one that turns it over a combined 24 times? The one who turned it over at least a dozen times a season or the one who turned it over at most ten times in a season? The one that turned the ball over on average once every 31 passes/runs or the one that turns the ball over on average once in every 63 passes/runs? You can spin it how you want Runole, but you can't get around the fact that the QB who turned the ball over more than the other in college was Winston. And thus far, both QBs seem to be holding true to their college tendencies when it comes to turnovers. As a fan that was concerned about Winston's interceptions last year, it's definitely not comforting to hear he's been throwing them on a semi-regular basis in training camp.

26-1 is spin?  Oh and in that one loss who graded higher with NFL scouts?  Yes they must be spinners as well!  LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But, but...how about these stats....Winston has not won a single game in practice while Mariota has yet to lose a game in practice!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is a lot of insecurity in this thread. Would it be the worst thing if Mariota turns out to be great (I don't see it happening)? Winston vs Mariota is not a zero sum game. One, both or neither could be good.

I'm not sure what is up with certain Winston fans.  It seems they can only accept it if Mariota is a complete and utter bust.  I would much prefer a Manning to Brady competition then a Manning to Leaf.  Makes it more fun.  Of course I'm rooting for Winston every time but I think victories are much sweeter when you beat another good team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not sure what is up with certain Winston fans.  It seems they can only accept it if Mariota is a complete and utter bust.  I would much prefer a Manning to Brady competition then a Manning to Leaf.  Makes it more fun.  Of course I'm rooting for Winston every time but I think victories are much sweeter when you beat another good team.

+1000000.. i don't get why they are so insecure about Mariota since they believe that we supposedly got the next great QB prospect.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1000000.. i don't get why they are so insecure about Mariota since they believe that we supposedly got the next great QB prospect.

Insecure? For pointing out he only just threw his first TD of the entire training camp on Saturday? As far as I see it this is a Bucs forum and if the Mariota fans dont like it they should go over to the Titans forum and talk about the next great game manager.He is Alex Smith v2.0 just like I told you he would be months ago. You never listen Youngone.But all that does not make me inecure. Arrogant? Confident? You could say.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Insecure? For pointing out he only just threw his first TD of the entire training camp on Saturday?

Which was wrong so I'll disregard all of that other nonsense you wrote too.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Where are people getting reports Mariota just threw his first TD? Everything I’ve seen says that’s a lie. Secondly, if it were true (which it isn't from what I see) you would have to take it with a grain of salt just like Winston's practice interceptions. Edit: This report from July 31 shows Mariota's first TD. http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Marcus-Mariota-Enjoys-Solid-Start-to-Training-Camp/1cc8c0c8-583d-47a6-a356-463acb7f1e16

Please wait…

• vlagatta

NOTHING says “casual fan” more than cats whining about the faux Mariota vs Winston war.be fans of the game...not the name on a shirt.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where are people getting reports Mariota just threw his first TD? Everything I've seen says that's a lie. Secondly, if it were true (which it isn't from what I see) you would have to take it with a grain of salt just like Winston's practice interceptions.

That's because it wasnt true. He's one of those people that don't have enough brain capacity to see two good players. He's only smart enough to like one and breathe at that same time.This is same fool that said Mike Evans is going to be great and Watkins, and OBJ will suck "because they're midgets".

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Where are people getting reports Mariota just threw his first TD? Everything I've seen says that's a lie. Secondly, if it were true (which it isn't from what I see) you would have to take it with a grain of salt just like Winston's practice interceptions.

That's because it wasnt true. He's one of those people that don't have enough brain capacity to see two good players. He's only smart enough to like one and breathe at that same time.This is same fool that said Mike Evans is going to be great and Watkins, and OBJ will suck "because they're midgets".

Ah, I'm relatively new here so I don't know good posters from idiots & trolls yet. The bonded portion tells me all I need to know. Thanks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok, he has thrown two TDs all camp apparently. I stand corrected.And I will always take credit for being the fool that said Mike Evans was going to be great. In five years he will have better stats than Watkins and OBJ. Was OBJ injured last year? Was he injured again this year already? You can have the broken down midget and I will take Evans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok, he has thrown two TDs all camp apparently. I stand corrected.And I will always take credit for being the fool that said Mike Evans was going to be great. In five years he will have better stats than Watkins and OBJ. Was OBJ injured last year? Was he injured again this year already? You can have the broken down midget and I will take Evans.

Not enough brain.Carry on GrimmReaper

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I had not enough brains to realise you would be right again.Carry on GrimmReaper

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I had not enough brains to realise you would be right again.Carry on GrimmReaper

Come on now, I spell better than that.Thanks for proving me right tho.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Come on now, I spell better than that.Thanks for proving me right tho.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Shortcut for a word I use frequently, but good job buddy.o6gpyeR.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Shortcut for a word I use frequently, but good job buddy.o6gpyeR.gif

Aww that was fun why did ya stop?  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You guys realize that there aren’t really any drives in practice yet? Are we gonna use a goalline session as a comparison tool?  This is ridiculous.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You guys realize that there aren't really any drives in practice yet? Are we gonna use a goalline session as a comparison tool?  This is ridiculous.

It is ridiculous. Someone said Mariota is having a good camp and a poo fest broke out. Why? Who knows.Can't be hatred because they supposedly never liked the guy to be begin with.Insecurity or fatigue maybe.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is there a Winston “Fluffer” thread” on a Tennessee board?  Winston is the BUCS QB. The draft is over but to make “Mariota” fans feel good about themselves I give a couple of songs to empathize with them…Cheer up little troopers! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQrgeeS_qbohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glOMdK8gfbo

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we had drafted Mariota, we would’ve had threads about how Winston was performing. It is what it is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we had drafted Mariota, we would've had threads about how Winston was performing. It is what it is.

Ohh come on now.  You well know that Runole would have remained a strong a loyal Bucs fan and jumped aboard the Mariota bandwagon and never mentioned Winston's name ever again. How dare you think otherwise.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we had drafted Mariota, we would've had threads about how Winston was performing. It is what it is.

Ohh come on now.  You well know that Runole would have remained a strong a loyal Bucs fans and jumped aboard the Mariota bandwagon and never mentioned Winston's name ever again. How dare you think otherwise.

I was actually excluding that dipshlt. I should've mentioned that upfront. Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ohh come on now.  You well know that Runole would have remained a strong a loyal Bucs fans and jumped aboard the Mariota bandwagon and never mentioned Winston's name ever again. How dare you think otherwise.

I was actually excluding that dipshlt. I should've mentioned that upfront. Lol.

Lol Well said by the both of you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is there a Winston "Fluffer" thread" on a Tennessee board?  Winston is the BUCS QB. The draft is over but to make "Mariota" fans feel good about themselves I give a couple of songs to empathize with them...Cheer up little troopers! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQrgeeS_qbohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glOMdK8gfbo

LoL...no, we got a lot of butt hurt people here...Especially if during the pre-draft, they slurped Mariota popsicles...Let'em have their fun..it is what is...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A couple songs for my adorable puppy like fans! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO_R5puXs6Ehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeTgx_pj6m8

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m just amazed at how much energy is being expended on training camp stats. I don't think they say much at all. As one football pundit I listen to has pointed out, the point of TC for young QBs is to learn, and when you learn you often make mistakes. JW is throwing more INTs than MM which is frankly logical since it was true in college as well. Why this shocks anybody is beyond me. And why anybody thinks it's in anyway meaningful is also beyond me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm just amazed at how much energy is being expended on training camp stats. I don't think they say much at all. As one football pundit I listen to has pointed out, the point of TC for young QBs is to learn, and when you learn you often make mistakes. JW is throwing more INTs than MM which is frankly logical since it was true in college as well. Why this shocks anybody is beyond me. And why anybody thinks it's in anyway meaningful is also beyond me.

Yeah...I know...camp stats...LoL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And thus far, both QBs seem to be holding true to their college tendencies when it comes to turnovers. As a fan that was concerned about Winston's interceptions last year, it's definitely not comforting to hear he's been throwing them on a semi-regular basis in training camp.For shits sake, give it an effin rest

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For (censored)s sake, give it an effin rest

Nah, think I'll keep using facts to counter Runole's attempts to deify Winston.

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

Winston was a redshirt Soph. and Mariota was a senior in an offense that didn’t demand much of him from a stand point of making high risk throws. History shows that from previous QBs in that offense with similar stats. Winston without question will have more Ints then Mariota but in the end Winston will be the better QB as he develops and matures. I'm not saying that Mariota will not succeed but I am saying that comparing the two is not logical due to it being completely different situations off the field and on. Winston was one of the most scrutinized athletes I have ever seen, it is amazing he accomplished what he did. Who knows how much that hurt his preparation and on the field play. Not to mention that he won the Heisman and National Title the year before. Teams, not Winston, tend to lose a little hunger the following year.He is doing all the right things from what we have been told. Let him make mistakes, we certainly know he will be throwing TDs!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston was one of the most scrutinized athletes I have ever seen, it is amazing he accomplished what he did. Who knows how much that hurt his preparation and on the field play. Not to mention that he won the Heisman and National Title the year before.

winning heismans and NCs lead to scrutiny.  or more simply, being famous leads to scrutiny.why his preparation would suffer because of something that happens to every well known athlete is certainly debateable.  and if he is easily affected by off the field issues, he would have been a bad choice anyways.if you think about it, he was an amazing QB without the scrutiny.  the scrutiny didnt really begin before his sophomore year.  he was  just a good QB with the scrutiny.  hopefully the glazers arent cheap and buy off whomever is scrutinizing him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz……………….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All of you  Mariota fan boys should be 100% behind Winston and hope he is a pro-bowler……IT DOESNT EFFING MATTER!!!!!!!!!  ITS DONE, AND  SEE YOU IN 3 YEARS…….FOR CHRIST SAKE LET IT EFFIN GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This could be another E Manning/P Rivers draft.  It is entirely possible for both QBs to find success.  I dont understand why any of us would root for either to fail (especially the guy we took).

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

Winston was one of the most scrutinized athletes I have ever seen, it is amazing he accomplished what he did. Who knows how much that hurt his preparation and on the field play. Not to mention that he won the Heisman and National Title the year before.

winning heismans and NCs lead to scrutiny.  or more simply, being famous leads to scrutiny.why his preparation would suffer because of something that happens to every well known athlete is certainly debateable.  and if he is easily affected by off the field issues, he would have been a bad choice anyways.if you think about it, he was an amazing QB without the scrutiny.  the scrutiny didnt really begin before his sophomore year.  he was  just a good QB with the scrutiny.  hopefully the glazers arent cheap and buy off whomever is scrutinizing him.

Lol first off he didn't face what every other athlete faces. He was slammed by every fan and media outlet not FSU for almost 2 years. More then any athlete I have seen since OJ. How he performed like he did while facing potential charges, expelled from college, and potentially never playing football again, would have crumbled the average athlete and non athletes life. There will be no more scrutiny. Opposing teams better pepper their angus!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He handled scrutiny of the situations he put himself in well. Kudos.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There will be no more scrutiny.

huh?  hes a #1 overall NFL draft pick, a QB nonetheless.  a NCAA champion and heisman winner.  hes gonna be scrutinized the rest of his life.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There will be no more scrutiny.

huh?  hes a #1 overall NFL draft pick, a QB nonetheless.  a NCAA champion and heisman winner.  hes gonna be scrutinized the rest of his life.

Not to mentionThe seedy underbelly of America won't go away, they'll be watching and waiting for any/every misstep.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not to mentionThe seedy underbelly of America won't go away, they'll be watching and waiting for any/every misstep.

and every TD

Please wait…

• sunjem2626

Participant

http://wtop.com/nfl/2015/08/jameis-winston-marcus-mariota-ready-for-preseason-debuts/

Please wait…

• bucfan75

Participant

This could be another E Manning/P Rivers draft.  It is entirely possible for both QBs to find success.  I dont understand why any of us would root for either to fail (especially the guy we took).

Because it was a similar tactic that some moronic Panthers "fans" took with Newton. They will never truly go away, instead they will continue to lurk around long after Winston is given a second contract.Like I said before, if you read the posts leading up to Newton's first season, there were a group of idiot Panther "fans" that constantly and tirelessly rooted for Newton's failure. They continued to try to magnify perceived shortcomings and downplay obvious indications that Newton was the future of Carolina.The same thing is happening here. Oh, and they will never admit they were wrong...even after Winston wins ROY and a playoff game, etc. They will just blame it on an "easy" schedule and the defense/ "amazing" offensive talent/ the OC.

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

Because it was a similar tactic that some moronic Panthers "fans" took with Newton. They will never truly go away, instead they will continue to lurk around long after Winston is given a second contract.Like I said before, if you read the posts leading up to Newton's first season, there were a group of idiot Panther "fans" that constantly and tirelessly rooted for Newton's failure. They continued to try to magnify perceived shortcomings and downplay obvious indications that Newton was the future of Carolina.The same thing is happening here. Oh, and they will never admit they were wrong...even after Winston wins ROY and a playoff game, etc. They will just blame it on an "easy" schedule and the defense/ "amazing" offensive talent/ the OC.

Any idea why they act like that???

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have no problems rooting for Winston now that he’s a Buc, before the draft I felt that Mariota was the better QB. I think most of the folks who prefered Mariota to Winston were also of the opinion that if Winston was the pick, then so be it and he’d be the guy. Sure, there were some like UFOJoe who were way out there with their criticism of Winston, but there are also the Runoles of the world out there who keep trying to sell Winston as someone who can do no wrong and who is just a victim. And there are others who seem to be making excuses for when Winston doesn't perform well or when Mariota does. With Winston his interceptions are a learning tool, it's great they are throwing the kitchen sink at him, etc.. but when reports have Mariota doing well and not throwing interceptions then we hear it's preseason, it doesn't matter, they aren't blitzing him - and then when it comes out that they are, then the Titan's defense is horrible. Both kids are very talented and stand to have great careers. Just never understood why some have to trash one or the other to make their guy look better or make themselves feel better about their choice. In addition to being Buc fans, we're all football fans. Should be hoping that both kids succeed and light up the league in their own respective ways.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

MARIOTA PLAYS FOR THE TITANS......................want him to fail miserably, he isn't a Buc.....hope he sucks

Please wait…

• aBuc727

Participant

I have no problems rooting for Winston now that he's a Buc, before the draft I felt that Mariota was the better QB. I think most of the folks who prefered Mariota to Winston were also of the opinion that if Winston was the pick, then so be it and he'd be the guy. Sure, there were some like UFOJoe who were way out there with their criticism of Winston, but there are also the Runoles of the world out there who keep trying to sell Winston as someone who can do no wrong and who is just a victim.

Ufojoe, Dalbuc, (maybe Bradentonian?) and a couple of others, said they wouldn't root for the Bucs any more if Winston was the pick. They felt he got away with rape and they couldn't root for somebody who they thought was a rapist. If somebody actually holds the opinion that he got away with rape, is it understandable that they can't root for that player or team he commandeers? It may seem extreme to some but to others, it makes sense.

Please wait…

• bucfan75

Participant

Any idea why they act like that???

Because they are uncomfortable with Winston leading their favorite team (or any team for that matter as a QB).If Winston was exactly the same...same history...same skill set...played at the same school...played baseball in the Spring...same controversies...in every way the same person......except Winston was a TE or WR, these same morons intent on proving that he does not belong in the NFL would be his biggest fans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d almost hate to get involved in this conversation; but . . .When you throw the ball in the air, it tends to get int'd; unless the Qb/Wr have really worked together to get things down.  This, especially against a good D.  The Bucs pretty much started getting their cover/2 going towards the end of last year.  It should be humming pretty good right now.  For Winston to get int'd should be expected.  While Mariota might be tearing it up; the Titans probably are trying to simulate Cover/2, but they probably don't run their Cover/2 all that well anyways.  Bucs have been getting ints off Winston by blitzing; probably, they're trying to simulate the Titans also. I'm thinking Mariota probably won't be used to the Tampa D nearly as much as Jamies.  What will be interesting is seeing a four rush against Mariota running around.  Can they passrush him without loosing containment?  Cover-2 does keep linebackers and the secondary in position to clean up though . . .

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

I’ll be at the Falcons – Titans game tonight. I’ll share observations here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s a matter of perspective.  The Titans are happy that Mariota can now hand the ball off from under center…that’s progress for him.  Winston on the other hand has different areas that he has to work on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's a matter of perspective.  The Titans are happy that Mariota can now hand the ball off from under center...that's progress for him.  Winston on the other hand has different areas that he has to work on.

funny - I like it; but, actually, I'm thinking the Titans weren't worried about him picking up how to take the snap from under center, unlike the Bucs top Brass.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For those of you living in Hawaii, the game will be broadcast tonight on KHON Channel 2 (FOX).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota is 2-0, 100% completion rate. HOF confirmed.EDIT: As I typed this and hit send, he got sacked and lost 11 yards.EDIT2: After timeout (once sacked), Mariota throws first interception on screen pass.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

oh shlt….guess he’s not perfect after all

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

Couple of good throws by Marcus, short and not very difficult but hey 2 for 2 until next pass

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

oh shlt....guess he's not perfect after all

There's probably going to be a lot of crow eating by Winston/Anti-Winston fans this year. The emotional collapse after Winston throws his first pick will be funny.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OH SHOES, MARCUS!!!11!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Damn son

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So not unlike what we’ve seen from Jameis in camp.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow not perfect after all

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

oh shlt....guess he's not perfect after all

There's probably going to be a lot of crow eating by Winston/Anti-Winston fans this year. The emotional collapse after Winston throws his first pick will be funny.

I expect it, rookie mistakes are inevitable. The slurping over Mariota's flawless practices, by reputable people, has been ridiculous.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's a matter of perspective.  The Titans are happy that Mariota can now hand the ball off from under center...that's progress for him.  Winston on the other hand has different areas that he has to work on.

funny - I like it; but, actually, I'm thinking the Titans weren't worried about him picking up how to take the snap from under center, unlike the Bucs top Brass.

Looks like he's still working on it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why is this seven pages?Mariota is making progress but he needs more time and practice.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Mariota is going to blow as a pro.  He is going to be in the Ryan Leaf category of busts.  Only someone with no football analytical skills would see otherwise. 

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

So not unlike what we've seen from Jameis in camp.

Yep, both are rookies.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So not unlike what we've seen from Jameis in camp.

Actually Jameis turnovers have come trying to make big plays down field. Mariota's came from a screen pass and not climbing the pocket. (Also didn't help his oline made Atlanta look like the purple people eaters)

Please wait…

Viewing 189 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.